Joe Biden: The Gift That Keeps On Giving - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I've not heard a word from the democratic delegates of anyone other than the honourable Mr Biden having much to do with foriegn policy. Thoughts, guys.

Interesting observation. Neither have I.

I suppose it is because there is really no big foreign policy issue facing the voters this time. Afghanistan has gone on so long that we have come to accept it as a permanent situation and not the war it is. As far as Israel/Palestine is concerned, the US voter is about equally divided between those who just don't like "Arabs" and those who see the second coming in moving the embassy to Jerusalem and the other half who are just weary of the topic are really don't give a shit. I am sort of in the second camp. I know that the Islamic states in the region get a whole lot of political capital out of Palestine and will never allow the situation to be resolved. They have nothing to gain from a Palestinian solution.

There are the tariffs but that is seen as an economic issue rather than the foreign policy one that it really is. Frankly I think there are only two issues facing the general public. (Other than the aforementioned Evangelicals.) The economy and health care are the two big ones. Unless the democrats can get off their far leftward lurch very soon and get on these two they are probably going to lose just like they did last time.
Drlee wrote:Interesting observation. Neither have I.

I suppose it is because there is really no big foreign policy issue facing the voters this time. Afghanistan has gone on so long that we have come to accept it as a permanent situation and not the war it is. As far as Israel/Palestine is concerned, the US voter is about equally divided between those who just don't like "Arabs" and those who see the second coming in moving the embassy to Jerusalem and the other half who are just weary of the topic are really don't give a shit. I am sort of in the second camp. I know that the Islamic states in the region get a whole lot of political capital out of Palestine and will never allow the situation to be resolved. They have nothing to gain from a Palestinian solution.

There are the tariffs but that is seen as an economic issue rather than the foreign policy one that it really is. Frankly I think there are only two issues facing the general public. (Other than the aforementioned Evangelicals.) The economy and health care are the two big ones. Unless the democrats can get off their far leftward lurch very soon and get on these two they are probably going to lose just like they did last time.

If they don't deal with health care and the economy tanks early next year? Who knows what will happen Drlee.

I find all of it horrible. Both sides are very much sellouts with very little principles of any real value left. In fact, the vast majority are being paid off actively by special interests and are selfish and unproductive in general. The 'far Left'in the Democratic party like AOC are few and far between.

I think the USA is headed for more bad leadership that will do some damage in the long run. The deficits are not shrinking or even staying stable and the same. No, it looks bad.
Tainari88 wrote:No, it looks bad.

The fall of the American Empire is matching the fall of the Roman Empire with eerie closeness. History repeats itself more often than not. Human nature remains constant and humans are, at best, slow learners.
@Tainari88 If they don't deal with health care and the economy tanks early next year? Who knows what will happen Drlee.

I agree about the economy. If it tanks that will not bode well for him.

I find all of it horrible. Both sides are very much sellouts with very little principles of any real value left. In fact, the vast majority are being paid off actively by special interests and are selfish and unproductive in general.

Very true. We have a system that never imagined professional politicians but more importantly could never have imagined national media. Office is not something to be purchased. That could not have been done when I was a young man. All politics was local then (as one famous politician said).

The 'far Left'in the Democratic party like AOC are few and far between.

We have no real far left. Even AOC is only relatively left. We desperately need one though.

I think the USA is headed for more bad leadership that will do some damage in the long run. The deficits are not shrinking or even staying stable and the same. No, it looks bad.

It does. And tonight Beto O'Rourke handed the election to Trump. He said, "Hell yes, we are going to take your AR--15's". Game, set and match to Trump. It is a crying shame.
On average, the economy usually performs well during an election year for obvious reasons. The many people hoping for economic problems come across as desperate and petty.

Getting to some actual issues that were brought up during the recent debates...
Health care plans such as "Medicaid for all" (at least they're being honest about the name now) are popular, unless you tell people it would lead to higher taxes, at which point it's unpopular: https://reason.com/2019/01/24/new-poll- ... l-is-popul

Regarding gun control, from what I've observed, criminals overwhelmingly prefer concealable weapons, the most dangerous of which tend to already be illegal. Things like "assault rifles" are preferred by people with legal licenses to own and carry because they aren't concealable. Statistically, there's evidence to suggest that these weapons do more to deter crime than they do to encourage it.
Joe Biden
"You get a tax break for a racehorse, why in God's name couldn't we provide an $8,000 tax credit for everybody who has childcare costs?" Biden told the crowd. "It would put 720 million women back in the workforce. It would increase the GDP, to sound like a wonk here, by about eight-tenths of one percent. It would grow the economy."

According to the U.S. Census, there are 330 million people living in the country.

:lol: :lol:
Algeria has had a brain-dead vegetable for a president for the last ten years, and this has worked out pretty well for the 1% living there, so why not give Joe Biden a shot?

President Bouteflika Asks Algerians to Brace for Austerity Measures
QatzelOk wrote:Algeria has had a brain-dead vegetable for a president for the last ten years, and this has worked out pretty well for the 1% living there, so why not give Joe Biden a shot?

President Bouteflika Asks Algerians to Brace for Austerity Measures

It is because Biden is not a vegetable and still has half a brain, maybe.
Biden was good for the 1% even when he still had a full brain, so why would he be bad for them with only a half brain ? And why do people still talk about him at all if they know he's half gone already, and it will only get worse ? Who of the regular voters seriously wants a senile as POTUS ? Its not like theres a shortage of alternatives.

Warren obviously is just a Pied Piper, trying to nulify Sanders by acting as a fake copy of him, while in truth still receiving money from the usual suspects. Again this is super obvious, I get why the media is still talking about her, just not why individual US americans still talk about her.

My favorite would be Sanders with Gabbard as vice president. From what little I've seen of her so far, Gabbard is awesome leader material, but she should first be vice president, for if she's already unable to become president again at 47 then that would be a waste.
Negotiator wrote:My favorite would be Sanders with Gabbard as vice president. From what little I've seen of her so far, Gabbard is awesome leader material, but she should first be vice president, for if she's already unable to become president again at 47 then that would be a waste.

The vast majority of Americans would benefit from more social programs and less war-making.

But when has the majority of Americans ever mattered in US politics?

The rich want to keep all their money, pay no taxes, and continue selling arms and destroying any country that threatens to leave the US empire. Warren or Biden works for them, just like Hillary and Obama did.

And Sanders and Gabbard might just be pied pipers themselves. Their tunes just appeal more to you (and me).

Blah blah. If Russia uses nukes, the rest of the […]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]