Missile that can destroy entire cities - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Very old news. In the 1960's we had deployed 9 megaton weapons. The USSR even larger ones. What, may I ask, do people think are on both Russia and the USA's missiles now?
We need to use these weapons to defend ourselves against nations that won't let us steal their resources.

*feeds shoulder-parrot a cracker, then scratches wooden leg*

And perhaps we'd all like to see some of them foreign varmints walking planks on CNN?
@Drlee

The reason why we have smaller warheads (and our warheads are not small at all) is because our missiles are more accurate than Russia's. Accuracy in nuclear warheads is far more deadlier than size of warhead. The reason the Russians deploy large warheads is so they can ensure they can destroy their intended target. It's sort of like the destroying a whole building to be sure they got a specific window in that building.

One of the things that keeps the Russians up at night is the super-fuze technology that we have on our submarine launched ballistic missiles. The reason this keeps the Russians up at night is because those missiles can be launched with very little warning from submarines they can't locate and because those nuclear missiles are so accurate they can destroy their missiles in hardened silos potentially before they get a chance to use them.

Our early warning systems are also much better then the Russians so we have more time to decide whether to launch a retaliatory strike or not. I know our commanders have stated that they would much rather have our missiles than Russia's missiles in the event of a nuclear war when asked to give their most objective opinion on the matter. Here is a link that discusses the super fuze technology and the accuracy of our missiles. https://thebulletin.org/2017/03/how-us- ... uper-fuze/
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 30 Nov 2019 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
QatzelOk wrote:We need to use these weapons to defend ourselves against nations that won't let us steal their resources.

*feeds shoulder-parrot a cracker, then scratches wooden leg*

And perhaps we'd all like to see some of them foreign varmints walking planks on CNN?
If one lives in such a country while the said country treats their own people better than others at least it is a good place to live. On the other hand there are countries who do not even treat their people as normal human beings while bullying or stealing from other countries all the same. Which kind of country does my Honourable Friend think better?

IMHO what My Honourable Friend wants to imply here is somewhat related to his possible inability to identify the existence of the second kind of countries I have mentioned above.

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]