Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@foxdemon and @Kaiserschmarrn -

Look at you two sniggering amongst yourselves. I’m so glad I was a source of amusement ;)

The fact still remains that, the description of “otherworldly” is how I perceived her speech :hmm: Whether or not I am buying into a grand hoax, I can’t say. Maybe I was the one seeking clarification?

I’m not clever enough or arrogant enough to say I have any semblance of an answer, a solution or a clue. I just say what I think see and hope someone else can help me understand.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This whole thread seems to be one long ad hominem directed at a child, her parents, and the environmental movement in general.

Does this thread have an actual argument?

As with so many threads on this forum, the premise is some fucking rubbish cooked up by some Islamophobic, British-American Tobacco & Brexit Party (and Breitbart backer) backed right-wing swivel-eyed loon jamrag.

I might as soon post something by the Sunday Sport and pretend that it has any validity whatsoever.

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Nobody is obliged to post in this thread. If you think it's terrible or invalid, I'd invite you to make a better one or just post in another thread that is more interesting to you.

Look KS, I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person - and btw that post referred to the newspaper not you - but you do post some bloody ridiculous stuff, the source has been shown up for what it is. It's harmful and nasty.

It makes some nasty claims about how she's the face of corporate greed clamouring for green bonds. That's not nice.

Sorry if I was a bit 'sharp' in the Europe thread btw, but I still think you're not aware of how evil an ideology Loyalism is.
Presvias wrote:Look KS, I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person - and btw that post referred to the newspaper not you - but you do post some bloody ridiculous stuff, the source has been shown up for what it is. It's harmful and nasty.

If you don't like the source and discount everything in the article because of it, that's up to you, but it's not clear to me what the repeated complaints accomplish. As I said, you guys are free to ignore this thread or post something better.

Presvias wrote:It makes some nasty claims about how she's the face of corporate greed clamouring for green bonds. That's not nice.

Journalism is not about being "nice". And I wouldn't characterise the claims as nasty. Anybody can be made the face of opportunists and chances are she's less likely to be aware of being taken advantage of than an adult.

Presvias wrote:Sorry if I was a bit 'sharp' in the Europe thread btw, but I still think you're not aware of how evil an ideology Loyalism is.

No worries. I do know what loyalism is and I don't regard it as evil.
AFAIK wrote:Why do I never see threads like these for teenaged athletes or musicians who are tragically making money for someone else?

Because you don't create them.

Greta is being pushed all over the media at the moment.
AFAIK wrote:Why do I never see threads like these for teenaged athletes or musicians who are tragically making money for someone else?

Good point. I think those types are quite obviously being exploited and all we do is shake our heads. This Greta lass is different because she appears cognizant and the premise of her media appearances aren’t for entertainment or money making. Depending on how you see it, she’s either a tool for the climate agenda or our next Nobel Peace Prize winner.

It’s got me stumped :hmm:

Because teenage athletes and musicians generally aren't pushing the agenda of a globalist technocracy. Most teenage athletes and musicians are just idiotic distractions, all they do is entrain the retards. This Greta person is pushing a dangerous idiocy that calls for a more critical scrutiny.

One of the most important lessons of history is that fervent idiocy needs to be nipped in the bud before it runs amok. We know where this retarded hysteria is going and it needs to be shut down before it turns into one of the darker chapters in human history. We can't let malthusian cranks hijack global civilization.

What's it like to be a braindead dink? I would really like to understand the process of hysterical doomerism? Is it comforting in some way to suspend critical faculties and go all doomeristic? What makes the dinks tick? What is their retarded fucking deal?
This is to the point:

Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering for certain men?

How can a 16-year-old girl in plaits, dedicated to trying to save the planet, inspire such incandescent rage?

Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 06:02, Jennifer O'Connell

Millions of young people flooded the streets of cities around the world to demand political leaders take urgent steps to stop climate change, uniting in a worldwide protest inspired by 16-year-old Swedish activist Greta Thunberg.

Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering? How can a 16-year-old girl in plaits, who has dedicated herself to the not-exactly sinister, authoritarian plot of trying to save the planet from extinction, inspire such incandescent rage?

Last week, she tweeted that she had arrived into New York after her two week transatlantic voyage: “Finally here. Thank you everyone who came to see me off in Plymouth, and everyone who welcomed me in New York! Now I’m going to rest for a few days, and on Friday I’m going to participate in the strike outside the UN”, before promptly giving a press conference in English. Yes, her second language.

Her remarks were immediately greeted with a barrage of jibes about virtue signalling, and snide remarks about the three crew members who will have to fly out to take the yacht home.

This shouldn’t need to be spelled out, but as some people don’t seem to have grasped it yet, we’ll give it a lash: Thunberg’s trip was an act of protest, not a sacred commandment or an instruction manual for the rest of us. Like all acts of protest, it was designed to be symbolic and provocative. For those who missed the point – and oh, how they missed the point – she retweeted someone else’s “friendly reminder” that: “You don’t need to spend two weeks on a boat to do your part to avert our climate emergency. You just need to do everything you can, with everyone you can, to change everything you can.”

It is the most vicious and the most fatuous kind of playground bullying

Part of the reason she inspires such rage, of course, is blindingly obvious. Climate change is terrifying. The Amazon is burning. So too is the Savannah. Parts of the Arctic are on fire. Sea levels are rising. There are more vicious storms and wildfires and droughts and floods. Denial is easier than confronting the terrifying truth.

Then there’s the fact that we don’t like being made to feel bad about our life choices. That’s human nature. It’s why we sneer at vegans. It’s why we’re suspicious of sober people at parties. And if anything is likely to make you feel bad about your life choices -- as you jet back home after your third Ryanair European minibreak this season – it’ll be the sight of small-boned child subjecting herself to a fortnight being tossed about on the Atlantic, with only a bucket bearing a “Poo Only Please” sign by way of luxury, in order to make a point about climate change.

But that’s not virtue signalling, which anyone can indulge in. As Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, and their-four-private-jets-in-11-days found recently, virtue practising is a lot harder.

Even for someone who spends a lot of time on Twitter, some of the criticism levelled at Thunberg is astonishing. It is, simultaneously, the most vicious and the most fatuous kind of playground bullying. The Australian conservative climate change denier Andrew Bolt called her “deeply disturbed” and “freakishly influential” (the use of “freakish”, we can assume, was not incidental.) The former UKIP funder, Arron Banks, tweeted “Freaking yacht accidents do happen in August” (as above.) Brendan O’Neill of Spiked called her a “millenarian weirdo” (nope, still not incidental) in a piece that referred nastily to her “monotone voice” and “the look of apocalyptic dread in her eyes”.

But who’s the real freak – the activist whose determination has single-handedly started a powerful global movement for change, or the middle-aged man taunting a child with Asperger syndrome from behind the safety of their computer screens?

And that, of course, is the real reason why Greta Thunberg is so triggering. They can’t admit it even to themselves, so they ridicule her instead. But the truth is that they’re afraid of her. The poor dears are terrified of her as an individual, and of what she stands for – youth, determination, change.

She is part of a generation who won’t be cowed. She isn’t about to be shamed into submission by trolls. That’s not actually a look of apocalyptic dread in her eyes. It’s a look that says “you’re not relevant”.

The reason they taunt her with childish insults is because that’s all they’ve got. They’re out of ideas. They can’t dismantle her arguments, because she has science – and David Attenborough – on her side. They can’t win the debate with the persuasive force of their arguments, because these bargain bin cranks trade in jaded cynicism, not youthful passion. They can harangue her with snide tweets and hot take blogposts, but they won’t get a reaction because, frankly, she has bigger worries on her mind.

In an age when democracy is under assault, she hints at the emergency of new kind of power
That’s not to say that we should accept everything Thunberg says without question. She is an idealist who is young enough to see the world in black and white. We need voices like hers. We should listen to what she has to say, without tuning the more moderate voices of dissent out.

Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering? Because of what she represents. In an age when democracy is under assault, she hints at the emergency of new kind of power, a convergence of youth, popular protest and irrefutable science. And for her loudest detractors, she also represents something else: the sight of their impending obsolescence hurtling towards them.

Bye bye @Sivad, et al., :lol:
AFAIK wrote:So the only criticism of Greta is her age. No one has an issue with what she says or how she says it. Maybe you guys should check your prejudice.

No I'm quite happy to criticise Megan Markle and Hilary Clinton, so this has nothing to do with age. Some of us have just about had our fill with these leftie no nothings. The problem with lefties and science is most of them know nothing about science. Honourable exceptions like @Potemkin noted. They know about Cultural Marxism. Science to them is some Black disabled Lesbian women waffling on about nothing with some irrelevant film footage and dramatic music playing in the back ground. Or alternatively we have pathetic puerile fantasies of Matt Damon on Mars "I'm going to science the shit out of it." The average leftie retard is so ignorant, he doesn't realise that Matt isn't even even doing science in the film.

Trying to actually engage the average leftie in a meaningful scientific discussion, where young, mature or old, male or female, Black, White or Brown, is about as useful as trying to discuss logic with a pig. For many of us on the centre, the right and even the sane left, the ignorance of lefties never ceases to amaze us. Take Hilary Clinton, her ignorance of tech just beggared belief. But like most lefties her overwhelming sense of entitlement meant she thought she had a right to rule anyway, without spending the most minimal energies on educating herself as to how the world really works, like some medieval King, expecting his councillors to do all the actual work.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:1 If you don't like the source and discount everything in the article because of it, that's up to you, but it's not clear to me what the repeated complaints accomplish. As I said, you guys are free to ignore this thread or post something better.

2 Journalism is not about being "nice". And I wouldn't characterise the claims as nasty. Anybody can be made the face of opportunists and chances are she's less likely to be aware of being taken advantage of than an adult.

3 No worries. I do know what loyalism is and I don't regard it as evil.

1 We've exposed the faulty source for what it is, with facts and we won't let biased claims go unscrutinised

2 But they are malicious and totally biased, also very hypocritical coming from B.A.T backed rags

3 You really don't. And you've made that clear over and over again.
All of this is authentic and grassroots and totally not astroturf activism.

The Swedish climate oracle, Greta Thunberg, has recorded a song together with the band The 1975. In a tweet she promises that all revenue from the recording will go to the extreme-left environmental organisation, Extinction Rebellion.

In April, the fundamentalist environmentalists caused trouble on the streets of London. Moreover, its Swedish Antifa-supporting key person was sentenced to four years in prison for the Gothenburg riots in 2001.

It all started a few days ago when Greta Thunberg wore a left-wing supporting T-shirt, which caused noise all over Sweden. Now, the alternative news site Samhällsnytt has dug a little deeper to find out more about why Greta Thunberg was posing in her T-shirt, which is a copy of the Converse All Stars logo, except from the text which says “Antifascist All Stars”.

It turns out that together with the band The 1975, Greta Thunberg is preaching the end of the world, in which she is stating that all solutions to the climate crisis have failed.

Tweeting money for Extinction Rebellion
After recording of the song, Greta Thunberg tweeted: “New track from the @the1975 out today and I’m in it! So happy to collaborate with these great people. All our income from this track titled The 1975 – which will be the opening track on their upcoming album – will go to #ExtincionRebellion Time to Rebel!”

The environmental activist group Extinction Rebellion made chaos worldwide, particularly on the streets of London this spring, and launched a second attempt in June to make the capital close down its most important functions.

The group also plans to shut down Heathrow airport this fall, with the help of disturbing drones.

Swedish front figure convicted for riots
The Swedish section of Extinction Rebellion is led by left-wing activist, Jonathan Pye, who participated in the 2001 Gothenburg riots, when the down-town city became a battle-field after left-wing extremists protested against the visit of former US President George W Bush during the EU summit in the city.

Jonathan Pye was sentenced to four years in prison after being one of the rioteers who threw bricks and stones at the Police and set restaurant furniture on fire at the prime street of Gothenburg, Kungsportsavenyn.

“Murder is not worth it”
Back then, Pye was an active member of AFA, a Swedish Antifa section. He did not regret any of his doings, he told Sveriges Radio in 2006.

He confirmed that he consciously uses violence as a tool in the political fight. “If I commit acts of violence it is like a game of chess. Then I think coldly and tactically”, he said in the interview. He did not mind attacking police officers with bricks and stones either. Pye also stated that he could consider murder – if it would be convenient.
“It would not be worth it for the time being, not by moral grounds, mainly practical”, Jonathan Pye said.

Greta Thunberg’s tweet is now erased, and so is the image of her wearing the left-wing supporting t-shirt, since neither she nor her mother said to have been aware of the extremist connections.

Could it be that other teenagers are not the face of a political movement that is trying to unlock hundreds of trillions in funds?

Sivad wrote:Because teenage athletes and musicians generally aren't pushing the agenda of a globalist technocracy. Most teenage athletes and musicians are just idiotic distractions, all they do is entrain the retards. This Greta person is pushing a dangerous idiocy that calls for a more critical scrutiny.

One of the most important lessons of history is that fervent idiocy needs to be nipped in the bud before it runs amok. We know where this retarded hysteria is going and it needs to be shut down before it turns into one of the darker chapters in human history. We can't let malthusian cranks hijack global civilization.

Seeing all the people coming to her defence really confirms that choosing her was pretty smart.

Atlantis wrote:This is to the point:

Journalism is now mostly intersectional armchair psychology, isn't it?

Presvias wrote:We've exposed the faulty source for what it is, with facts and we won't let biased claims go unscrutinised

How often are you planning to clap yourself on the shoulder for having "exposed" an openly conservative source as conservative?

Pants-of-dog wrote:This thread should be moved to Gorky if there is no argument.

Read the OP please. After you've done that and you still think this is a thread that belongs in Gorkiy please take it to the Basement so that a moderator can decide.
:moron: How often am I planning to reveal that Brexit Party billionaires, Breitbart far rightist backers, british-american tobacco and other big corporate players are criticising a 16 year old for rallying against the likes of Strump and big biz?

Idk, as often as I see it. That was a bit of a silly question wasn't it?

Try posting a more reputable source next time.
He's a parasite

Most slow learners learn, they just do it slowly. […]

Seems like the Left in Western European countri[…]

a good point here, i am sure we all agree on thi[…]

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]