The world is getting a better place - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I agree with the general statement that the world is getting better. If you look at things in the context of history overall.

More people are freerer today, than ever before. More people are richer today than ever before. Fewer people are dying due to war than ever before. HOwever, there's still a lot more work to do.
Rancid wrote:I agree with the general statement that the world is getting better. If you look at things in the context of history overall.

I don't believe in the notion of progress. The world is as good at this instant as it will ever be. Things change, for example, we have fewer wars than in prehistoric times, but wars are more deadly. Thus, there is no improvement.

Another example, people have individual mobility due to the internal combustion engine; however, this increase of freedom is offset by regulations, the need to work, etc., that limit our freedom. Thus, again no improvement.

And as we reach for the ultimate progress to make our lives still more comfortable, we'll create at the same time the means for our destruction. There is no progress.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]