Joe Biden is the most corrupt vice president of our lifetime - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It probably works both ways. Clearly China would benefit from easing of the sanctions. Was there an offer of that or the reasonable expectation that getting dirt on Biden would work? Maybe. Maybe it is China that is trolling Trump.

The point is that once we start down this road, acting with impunity like Trump seems to be doing, we are in deep shit.
Drlee wrote:It does. And there is enough "there there" for Biden to slowly walk away. It is notable that he (Biden) is not speaking forcefully about these allegations. Telling really.

Well it might be but that is not the point. The point is that this shit has now hit the fan giving Trump the opportunity for another October surprise if Biden runs. Warren has overtaken him in the polls and Bernie is on the sick list so I suspect Biden will just stay as a useful foil and the nominee will be Warren.

I also agree with @blackjack21 when he says that the dems have already given Trump all of the sound bites he needs to win in 2020. Pelosi is doing an admirable job and it may well be that the impeachment stuff will resonate with some independents but her left wing sound boxes have scared the shit out of Joe Tentpeg. If Trump can keep is 40% of white women the election is in the bag.

Trump's reelection seems to only depend on whether whom the Democrats nominate against him, and Warren seems the best choice. Pelosi is doing an admirable job indeed screwing Trump and Biden simultaneously while they're screwing each other too, I'd suspect she wants to see a female POTUS in her lifetime and it would be dramatic and stylish indeed if it happened due to a spectacular Trump defeat.
One thing I realized is that I'm horrible at predicting presidential election outcomes.

I've always called the wrong person to win. :lol: Going back to Bush II.

Thus, that fact that I'm so fucking convince Trump will win, might be a good thing. :lol: My track record say's, I will pick the wrong winner.
late wrote:Image

Chair Ellen L. Weintraub is a democrat partisan hack. She is trying to imply that President Trump has solicited, accepted, or received something of value from a foreign government without proof. That is as close as one can get to lying and still tell the truth.

Drlee wrote:The point is that once we start down this road, acting with impunity like Trump seems to be doing, we are in deep shit.

President Trump is not acting with impunity, he is doing his duty and serving those that elected him, like me.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Yeah Trump is totally about enriching himself and his family via public office - he doesn't give a crap about the emoluments clause. Nor should he. The Constitution is just a piece of paper nobody cares about. He is very open and very successful at corruption. But other presidents (and members of presidential families) have done the same.

Obama used executive powers to benefit close friends' private investment firms
March 20, 2018

President Obama used his executive powers to attack industries to lower the value of certain companies, allowing his friends in the private sector to swoop in and buy them up at reduced prices, according to Peter Schweizer’s new book Secret Empires: How Our Politicians Hide Corruption and Enrich Their Families and Friends.

The book, released Tuesday, said Obama and his administration would deem industries either destructive to the environment or exploitative for the financial and professional gain of his friends, including industries such as coal mining, offshore drilling, cash advance companies, and for-profit colleges.

The book highlighted Marty Nesbitt and Harreld Kirkpatrick III, both former basketball players and close friends of the Obamas, who launched their private equity investment firm Vistria in sync with Obama’s re-election in 2012.

Unlike other investment funds that avoid highly regulated industries, Vistria was specifically focused on the fields that Obama was busy regulating.

A curious pattern began to emerge,” Schweizer said in his book. “Obama and his administration would attack industries with government power, which led to substantially lower valuations for these companies. Nesbitt and Vistria, or others close to Obama, could then acquire those assets for pennies on the dollar.”

The book said one of the most visible targets of this scheme was the for-profit higher education industry. Obama concluded in 2013 that for-profit schools such as University of Phoenix, ITT Technical Institute, and DeVry University victimized students.

“They’ve been preyed upon very badly by some of these for-profit institutions,” Obama said in 2013 about students who attended these schools. “Their credit is ruined, and the for-profit institution is making out like a bandit.”

The University of Phoenix was hit hard by Obama's action when he ordered the Federal Trade Commission, among other government agencies, to crack down on for-profit schools.

After being suspended in 2015 following an investigation by the FTC, Phoenix’s parent company, Apollo Education Group, was bought out by three companies in 2016, including Vistria, for nine times less than its value before the suspension.

Schweizer's book also said there were close links between Vistria and the Department of Education, and said some department officials later went to work for the investment firm.

For example, Deputy Secretary of Education Tony Miller left the department in 2013 to join Vistria, and deputy assistant to Obama for legislative affairs Jon Samuels was also an early hire at the investment firm.

Department meetings in which for-profit schools were discussed included people who now work with Vistria. Miller participated in those meetings, and so did Arne Duncan, the secretary of education who would also end up working for the company.

Schweizer described emails that he said show department officials were talking to Wall Street investors and leaking information about regulations.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... firms-book
Hindsite wrote:
Chair Ellen L. Weintraub is a democrat partisan hack. She is trying to imply that President Trump has solicited, accepted, or received something of value from a foreign government without proof. That is as close as one can get to lying and still tell the truth.

President Trump is not acting with impunity, he is doing his duty and serving those that elected him, like me.

"A top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine thought it was “crazy” to withhold military aid for the country as it confronted Russian aggression, according to evidence presented on Thursday in an impeachment probe of President Donald Trump."

In the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton laid out grounds for impeachment. The important bit was violating public trust.

That violates the trust placed in him in a number of ways. Using the government to benefit himself, witholding aid to an ally in a military conflict, trying to whitewash russian inteference in the 2016 election, trying to cover up what he did, there's prob more, that's just off the top of my head.

Maybe this is because I lived through Watergate, but this is spectacularly goofy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1WJ0CS
Rancid wrote:Ah, so Trump is the one trying to shakedown China. Got it.

Trump is not lining the pockets of his children with money from China, though. Tariffs against China should have been in place quite some time ago. Trump has consistently said that our negotiators are stupid people. I think we're finding out that something else was up.

Drlee wrote:The point is that once we start down this road, acting with impunity like Trump seems to be doing, we are in deep shit.

We're already in deep shit, because the deep state colluded with Hillary Clinton. She was clearly guilty of mishandling classified information, destroying official records, destroying evidence, etc. The FBI was clearly sympathetic to her case. Other than Comey botching up his press conferences, which he should not have been doing at all, the FBI and DoJ ultimately let her go--which we knew was coming anyway as Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac in your state days before that occurred.

Rancid wrote:Agreed. This is what could be up to half of America doesn't seem to understand.

Do you really think we don't understand? If you want to talk about acting with impunity for actual criminal violations, nobody beats Hillary Clinton. Even Bill Clinton isn't that bad, and he's a rapist.

Rancid wrote:Trump's reelection seems to only depend on whether whom the Democrats nominate against him, and Warren seems the best choice.

Trump won on an inside straight that I think even surprised him. He has to pull that off again. Interest rates are coming down now, but they were putting a crimp on the economy. He has got some traction from the lower unemployment rate, especially among the poor. He's also fought mightily to get funding for the wall and beginning construction where almost anyone else would have quit. So his base is going to turn out for him. Frankly, I'm surprised that they've been trying to get rid of Tulsi Gabbard, Steve Bullock and John Hickenlooper--the non-crazy Democrats. A lot of people seem to like Pete Buttigieg, but I can't see him resonating with evangelicals or black voters.

Hindsite wrote:She is trying to imply that President Trump has solicited, accepted, or received something of value from a foreign government without proof. That is as close as one can get to lying and still tell the truth.

All of that has to go to the DoJ and neither party has ever accepted conversations as a thing of value. So this is just content generation for Rachel Maddow and her/his ilk.

Hindsite wrote:President Trump is not acting with impunity, he is doing his duty and serving those that elected him, like me.

Yes. You have to admit, no other Republican would have the balls to take on the coup plotters. That alone is enough reason Trump supporters will have his back next November.
late wrote:"A top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine thought it was “crazy” to withhold military aid for the country as it confronted Russian aggression, according to evidence presented on Thursday in an impeachment probe of President Donald Trump."

In the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton laid out grounds for impeachment. The important bit was violating public trust.

That violates the trust placed in him in a number of ways. Using the government to benefit himself, witholding aid to an ally in a military conflict, trying to whitewash russian inteference in the 2016 election, trying to cover up what he did, there's prob more, that's just off the top of my head.

Maybe this is because I lived through Watergate, but this is spectacularly goofy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1WJ0CS

I already replied to jimjam about this on page 24 of the Topic Ukrainegate. The top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine spoken of is William Taylor, who did not become U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine until June 18, 2019, so he did not know what was really going on, whereas Sondland did. Here is part of my reply to jimjam:

"You are being misleading. You also leave out the following text in which U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland said there was no 'quid pro quo' with the request of Ukraine:

U.S. Ambassador William Taylor wrote to Sondland on September 9.

'As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,' he added.

'The president has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind,' Sondland replied. 'The president is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that president zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text.'

You also have to realize that William Taylor did not become U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine until June 18, 2019, so he did not know what was really going on, whereas Sondland did."
See my full post.

And Kurt Volker worked in a volunteer capacity as the U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine until his resignation on September 27, 2019. It would be interesting if we could find why he worked as a volunteer.
Hindsite wrote:
I already replied to jimjam about this on page 24 of the Topic Ukrainegate. The top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine spoken of is William Taylor, who did not become U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine until June 18, 2019, so he did not know what was really going on, whereas Sondland did. Here is part of my reply to jimjam:

"You are being misleading. You also leave out the following text in which U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland said there was no 'quid pro quo' with the request of Ukraine:

U.S. Ambassador William Taylor wrote to Sondland on September 9.

'As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,' he added.

'The president has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind,' Sondland replied. 'The president is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that president zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text.'

You also have to realize that William Taylor did not become U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine until June 18, 2019, so he did not know what was really going on, whereas Sondland did."
See my full post.

And Kurt Volker worked in a volunteer capacity as the U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine until his resignation on September 27, 2019. It would be interesting if we could find why he worked as a volunteer.

I know.

Taylor and Volker are experienced pros. Sondland is a Trump appointee doing Trump's bidding. Not just an amateur, a fool.

But he was smart enough to keep asking him to stop texting. He didn't want a paper trail.

Woopsy.
late wrote:I know.

Taylor and Volker are experienced pros. Sondland is a Trump appointee doing Trump's bidding. Not just an amateur, a fool.

But he was smart enough to keep asking him to stop texting. He didn't want a paper trail.

Woopsy.

Obviously, you did not know or you would not have posted your nonsense, unless you don't have any sense.
Sondland is a Trump appointee doing Trump's bidding. Not just an amateur, a fool.

Quite right. Like pretty much all of the Trump appointees. He is a hotelier. No international experience at all. This is not unusual. He gave Trump a million dollars for his campaign. This is the easy way to become an ambassador with any president.

In this case he is skirting an indictment. We will see.

Hindsite you sure pick some funny heroes.
Drlee wrote:Quite right. Like pretty much all of the Trump appointees. He is a hotelier. No international experience at all. This is not unusual. He gave Trump a million dollars for his campaign. This is the easy way to become an ambassador with any president.

In this case he is skirting an indictment. We will see.

Hindsite you sure pick some funny heroes.

Sure I support President Trump. However, I was stating the facts with evidence as I know them. I don't see Ambassador Sondland as such a bad guy and many other don't as well, since he donates to good causes and calls them as he sees them.

Sondland's nomination received bipartisan support during his confirmation hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on June 21, 2018. Both Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) testified in support of Sondland. Sen. Wyden suggested that Sondland’s "family history is both fascinating and instructive as to why he has the experience and understanding to serve as the U.S. Ambassador to the E.U.," noting how his Jewish parents fled Nazi Germany before coming to the United States.

Here is the full response to Bill Taylor's concerns on 9/9/19:
Gordon Sondland: Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump's intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.

Sondland was a member of the transition team for Oregon Democratic Governor Ted Kulongoski's administration and was appointed by Kulongoski to serve on the board of the Governor's Office of Film & Television.

Sondland also served as Oregon liaison to the White House. As an advisor to Kulongoski, Sondland suggested appointing Ted Wheeler as state treasurer, which Kulongoski did in 2010. In 2007 President George W. Bush appointed Sondland as a member of the Commission on White House Fellows. Sondland collaborates with President Bush and Jay Leno on an annual charitable auction of an autographed vehicle, with proceeds benefitting the Fisher House Foundation and the George W. Bush Foundation’s Military Service Initiative. He was a bundler for Mit Romney's 2012 Presidential campaign, and in 2012, Sondland was selected to serve as a member of Mitt Romney's presidential transition team.

During the 2016 United States presidential election, Sondland initially supported Donald Trump, but cancelled a fundraiser and repudiated Trump for his attacks on Khizr and Ghazala Khan. In April 2017, it was revealed that 4 companies registered to Sondland donated $1 million to the Donald Trump inaugural committee.

As a result of his political involvement, Sondland and his businesses have been the subject of increased press coverage, especially among local media outlets. However, recent attempts to criticize his business practices in publications like Willamette Week and Eater Portland were later corrected.

Sondland serves on the board of trustees at the Oregon Health & Science University foundation and the board of visitors of the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University. Sondland joined the board of trustees at the Portland Art Museum - one of the oldest and largest art museums in the U.S. - in 1996 and was elected chair of the executive committee in 2009. The Trustee Room, a Contemporary Gallery, and the Grand Staircase at the Portland Art Museum are also named after Sondland and his wife Katherine Durant.

Sondland founded the Gordon Sondland and Katherine J. Durant Foundation in 1999, which was established to "help families and boost communities". The Foundation has given millions of dollars to various non-profits including $1,000,000 to the Portland Art Museum to endow permanent access for children under the age of eighteen. The Foundation helped establish a Distinguished Chair in Spine for pediatric orthopedic spine research at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in 2012.

In 2012, the Foundation used the proceeds from the auction of a 2009 Ford F-150 that was previously owned by former President George W. Bush for a donation to the Fisher House Foundation. Sondland is also a National Finance Co-Chairman of the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas.

Sondland and the Foundation partnered with the River Club in 2013 to provide breakfast for the foreseeable future for students of the Simonga Basic School in Zambia. In 2014, the Foundation gave a $1,000,000 endowment to Oregon Health & Science University to establish the Sondland-Durant Distinguished Research Conference, a cancer research summit to begin in 2016. In 2017, the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Duke University was created with the support of the Foundation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Sondland
Hindsite wrote:
The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind.

I have a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. For financial reasons, I have to sell several bridges, you can pick one or all for pennies on the dollar.

What is amazing here is that Trump blatantly offered Ukraine an offer they couldn't refuse. That's not just a quid pro quo, that's a mob boss making an existential threat.
Trumps call to the Chinese racist terrorist regime to investigate Biden is a disgrace, and anyone who has sought to defend him on this should be ashamed. We don't look to Commie theocratic fascists to help institute the rule of law in democratic countries.
Rich wrote:Trumps call to the Chinese racist terrorist regime to investigate Biden is a disgrace, and anyone who has sought to defend him on this should be ashamed. We don't look to Commie theocratic fascists to help institute the rule of law in democratic countries.

Theocratic ?
How so ?
The majority of the Chinese are a godless people.
(Buddha was not a God in the stricter sense)

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]