Majority in new poll supports impeachment inquiry; almost half back Trump's removal from office - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Majority in new poll supports impeachment inquiry; almost half back Trump's removal from office
A majority of respondents in a new poll supports the impeachment inquiry into President Trump while almost half back his removal from office.

The Washington Post–Schar School poll released early Tuesday found that 58 percent say the House was correct to launch the inquiry, compared to 38 percent who disagreed.

Almost half — 49 percent — said lawmakers in the lower chamber should impeach Trump and call for his removal from office.

ADVERTISEMENT
Just 6 percent support the inquiry, but not Trump’s removal from office.

Pollsters found a partisan divide on the issue, with more than 8 in 10 Democrats endorsing the inquiry and about 7 in 10 Republicans saying they do not support the inquiry.

Nearly 8 in 10 Democrats favor a vote to recommend that Trump be removed from office, while almost one-fifth of Republicans agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT
More than half of independent voters — 57 percent — said they support the impeachment inquiry, and 49 percent said the House should vote to remove Trump from office.

Support for an impeachment inquiry has risen among all three partisan groups since a July poll, with Democratic support rising 25 points from July, Republican support rising 21 points and independent support rising 20 points, based on the poll.

The Post noted that previous polls earlier this year found support for an impeachment inquiry between 37 and 41 percent.

The House launched an impeachment inquiry after a whistleblower filed a complaint alleging Trump solicited foreign interference in the 2020 presidential election.

ADVERTISEMENT
A partial transcript of a July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky shows Trump asking the foreign leader to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading 2020 candidate. Trump has denied any wrongdoing.

The White House had held back military aid that had been approved for Ukraine weeks before the call.

The majority of Americans in the new poll, 62 percent, said the contents of the call were inappropriate, compared to 32 percent who felt the contents were not.

The survey of 1,007 adults was conducted Oct. 1–6. It has a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -half-back

Looks like it's all going wrong for the Grand Negus, hopefully his tumultous traincrash of a presidency will come to a shuddering halt sooner rather than later..
The Democrats are like the Minnesota Vikings of American politics. They always choke at the most important point of the game and prove to be unqualified failures.

The House will impeach Trump. That's a given, despite Pelosi's cowardly tactic of not putting the inquiry up for a vote. They will then break their arms trying top pat themselves on their backs while, at the same time, putting on their track shoes to run away from the inevitable political fallout.

When all is said and done, Trump will be acquitted by the Senate, and it will be repeatedly (and rightfully) pointed out that the Democrats were never able to demonstrate that there were ever enough votes to support an impeachment inquiry in the first place.

Trump will emerge from this nonsense even stronger than when he was elected, and he will crush whoever the Democrats decide will be their next sacrificial lamb...
Well yes, but someone has to try and stop that thing in the white house; yeah, the Dems, they're all the things you mentioned and worse, but someone really has got to attempt to stop this deranged swivel eyed loon. And FWIW I do think Hillary would've started a war with Russia if she got elected, and she was pretty awful, so you'll get no defence of her (or Biden) from me.

But other house Dems, whilst far far from being perfect, certainly trump the likes of Muscovite Mitch, or Mike Pompous, or any of them really..
Presvias wrote:Well yes, but someone has to try and stop that thing in the white house; yeah, the Dems, they're all the things you mentioned and worse, but someone really has got to attempt to stop this deranged swivel eyed loon. And FWIW I do think Hillary would've started a war with Russia if she got elected, and she was pretty awful, so you'll get no defence of her (or Biden) from me.

But other house Dems, whilst far far from being perfect, certainly trump the likes of Muscovite Mitch, or Mike Pompous, or any of them really..

But they're not trying to stop anything, that's the thing.

Before this whole charade ever started the one thing they knew, without equivocation, is that they will prove to be complete, miserable failures at removing Trump from office. All they care about is making it look like they're trying to do something and, in the process, they're wasting time and money on something they know will be a complete and utter failure.

Your mention of the status of "other" house Dems, and your use of childish names, is utterly meaningless.

And, last time I checked, Trump hasn't started a war with Russia so you would have to admit that Trump is superior to Clinton in that regard...
Last edited by BigSteve on 08 Oct 2019 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Presvias wrote:Well yes, but someone has to try and stop that thing in the white house; yeah, the Dems, they're all the things you mentioned and worse, but someone really has got to attempt to stop this deranged swivel eyed loon. And FWIW I do think Hillary would've started a war with Russia if she got elected, and she was pretty awful, so you'll get no defence of her (or Biden) from me.

why?
BigSteve wrote:But they're not trying to stop anything, that's the thing.

Before this whole charade ever started the one thing they knew, without equivocation, is that they will prove to be complete, miserable failures at removing Trump from office. All they care about is making it look like they're trying to do something and, in the process, they're wasting time and money on something they know will be a complete and utter failure.

Subjective opinion; you are entitled to yours, but I can't possibly be expected to agree.

What exactly brought you to that conclusion?

Your mention of the status of "other" house Dems, and your use of childish names, is utterly meaningless.

Well, I think Mitch and Pompeo have rather shown themselves up where integrity is concerned, but we're never going to agree. As for house dems, you may be critical of Pelosi, but she's got an all-round better reputation than any of trump's cronies in any institution. Are any of them scandal-free, or corruption free..?

And, last time I checked, Trump hasn't started a war with Russia, so I'm not sure why you're making such a silly comparison...

Well then you misread my post, that wasn't a comparison, it was a 'for what its worth' ie seperate to any other remarks made.

Although, since you raised the issue, Trump has threatened war (and trade war) with all & sundry.

(shrug)
Presvias wrote:Subjective opinion; you are entitled to yours, but I can't possibly be expected to agree.

What exactly brought you to that conclusion?

Um, because there's not a chance in Hell Senate Republicans would ever hand the Democrats an impeachment victory, that's why.

You believe they actually thought they'd be successful??

Well then you misread my post, that wasn't a comparison, it was a 'for what its worth' ie seperate to any other remarks made.

I did misread it; apologies (only on my second cup of coffee, so cut a brutha' some slack). I amended my comments accordingly...

Although, since you raised the issue, Trump has threatened war (and trade war) with all & sundry.

(shrug)

Who has he threatened with war?

Bear in mind that, as someone who's actually been in a war, I don't see a "trade war" as a "war"...

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol:

Morgan freeman is black Of course, Morgan Freema[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]