Joe Biden is the most corrupt vice president of our lifetime - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ter wrote:Theocratic ?
How so ?

On reflection that was a dubious claim on my part. I think the Communist regimes can fairly be described as Theocracies, the Dear leader instead of the Pope or Caliph, the party instead of the Church, the writings of Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Mao as scriptures. However China no longer has the theocratic fanaticism or idealism of its pre Deng days.
jimjam wrote:UM …… Biden sucks but he is not America's Godfather …….. Obese Donald is.

Does anybody know where I can get a special app to keep track of Donnie's scandals? I suspect that an investigation by Paraguay into Elizabeth Warren will be next after the whistleblower from within the Internal Revenue Service fileing a complaint regarding either the president or the vice president’s tax returns plays out.

Try American tabloid and grocery store checkout rag mags .com :D

Rancid wrote:@blackjack21, you think a wistleblower on biden will emerge?

No chance for Jeffery Epstein amymore.
Rancid wrote:@Rich,

I'm curious about your quote. What motivates it? You sound like a dirty leftist.

I don't think I can be described as a leftist whether clean or dirty, but you don't have to be a leftist to recognise that the likes of Lenin, Mao, Trotsky, Stalin etc were motived by genuine Marxist idealism. I know this something Potemkin agrees with me on, its often not the corrupt that you need to worry about, but those who really believe in what they are saying.
Rich wrote:its often not the corrupt that you need to worry about, but those who really believe in what they are saying.

Interesting philosophy you have there.

I would argue, you should care about both types of people, as they can both be destructive in their own ways.
late wrote:I have a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. For financial reasons, I have to sell several bridges, you can pick one or all for pennies on the dollar.

What is amazing here is that Trump blatantly offered Ukraine an offer they couldn't refuse. That's not just a quid pro quo, that's a mob boss making an existential threat.

I am not into buying of bridges or crazy unfounded conspiracy theories from Adam Schiff about Trump being like a mob boss.
late wrote:There's more than enough for a conviction.

Now you are coming to your senses. Joe Biden should be convicted of bribery at the very least sense he admits the act on camera as you can see from the first video below.

Biden made Ukraine fire top prosecutor investigating son’s firm

Biden and media narrative on Ukraine, Burisma doesn’t fit with DOCUMENT proof

Biden sidesteps questions about son's foreign work
ABC News Jun 20, 2019

More than once, after Joe Biden engaged in diplomacy on behalf of the United States, his son, Hunter Biden, conducted business in the same country.
Hindsite wrote:
Now you are coming to your senses.

Not at all.

Trump was trying to do more, and much, much worse, than what Biden did.

Objecting to corruption makes sense, ignoring even worse corruption does not. And that doesn't include making an offer Ukraine couldn't refuse.

"President Trump’s smear campaign against former vice president Joe Biden — a campaign that sought to enlist Ukrainian officials by threatening to withhold security assistance vital to Ukraine’s defense against Russian aggression — is based on an Orwellian inversion of reality."

"Thanks to prior diplomatic coordination with the European Union and IMF, the Western community was sending Ukraine’s leadership a united message: clean house or risk losing Western support."

"This is why Trump’s version of events is such a distortion. Biden supported the fight against corruption and advocated increased scrutiny of wrongdoing..."

Trump wants corruption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... d-corrupt/
Rich wrote:you don't have to be a leftist to recognise that the likes of Lenin, Mao, Trotsky, Stalin etc were motived by genuine Marxist idealism.

Those people were hardly idealists, except for Trotsky to some extent perhaps. I also wonder if there's genuine Marxist idealism, but there's much misunderstanding about Marxism indeed. It's not for idealists, however.
late wrote:Not at all.

Trump was trying to do more, and much, much worse, than what Biden did.

Objecting to corruption makes sense, ignoring even worse corruption does not. And that doesn't include making an offer Ukraine couldn't refuse.

"President Trump’s smear campaign against former vice president Joe Biden — a campaign that sought to enlist Ukrainian officials by threatening to withhold security assistance vital to Ukraine’s defense against Russian aggression — is based on an Orwellian inversion of reality."

"Thanks to prior diplomatic coordination with the European Union and IMF, the Western community was sending Ukraine’s leadership a united message: clean house or risk losing Western support."

"This is why Trump’s version of events is such a distortion. Biden supported the fight against corruption and advocated increased scrutiny of wrongdoing..."

Trump wants corruption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... d-corrupt/

Example: leftists love to protect their crooked corrupt politicians. More proof they can't win at anything unless they cheat or rig the system.
Trump has ordered his State Department officials not to testify. Nothing says corruption like hiding.

This is outrageous and nothing short of a constitutional crisis. Because the republicans in the Senate lack the patriotism to support the constitution as they have sworn to do we will see if he gets away with it. I have no doubt that Kavanaugh will vote with Trump as will Thomas (if they can wake him up long enough for him to vote) but maybe Roberts will actually consider the constitution.

If Trump gets away with this he will have put the president above the law and essentially turned the US into a monarchy. At least we can be fairly certain that he is headed for New York state jail if he ever leaves office. He may not. He has already floated the balloon that he may remain in office after his term. There is nothing stopping him. Certainly not the Senate and probably not the SCOTUS.

If I was Pelosi I would start arresting his staffers for contempt. The house has the power to do it. And if blocked by Bar I would begin impeachment of him by a charge of contempt of congress.
Drlee wrote:Trump has ordered his State Department officials not to testify. Nothing says corruption like hiding.

This is outrageous and nothing short of a constitutional crisis. Because the republicans in the Senate lack the patriotism to support the constitution as they have sworn to do we will see if he gets away with it. I have no doubt that Kavanaugh will vote with Trump as will Thomas (if they can wake him up long enough for him to vote) but maybe Roberts will actually consider the constitution.

If Trump gets away with this he will have put the president above the law and essentially turned the US into a monarchy. At least we can be fairly certain that he is headed for New York state jail if he ever leaves office. He may not. He has already floated the balloon that he may remain in office after his term. There is nothing stopping him. Certainly not the Senate and probably not the SCOTUS.

If I was Pelosi I would start arresting his staffers for contempt. The house has the power to do it. And if blocked by Bar I would begin impeachment of him by a charge of contempt of congress.

:lol: Look what Trump has reduced you too, a CNN parrot.
Drlee wrote:Trump has ordered his State Department officials not to testify. Nothing says corruption like hiding.

Trump's not hiding anything. All Pelosi has to do is put the inquiry up to a formal vote and Trump's people will be free to testify.

Why won't she do that? Because she's too chickenshit, that's why.

Your fears are typical liberal gibberish. No, he's not going to remain in office after his term. How stupid. The Secret Service would remove and arrest him, as their allegiance would be to the newly elected President and not to Trump.

But, I get it, you're old. You're fearful of things you don't understand. It'll be okay... just let calmer heads prevail and handle things and everything will be alright...
Finfinder wrote:
Example: leftists love to protect their crooked corrupt politicians. More proof they can't win at anything unless they cheat or rig the system.

Project much?

Dems don't need to cheat, although they do in a couple of places. Republicans do an astonishing amount of cheating.

I'm not protecting Biden. I don't want him for president. I do want people to behave responsibly, and that means backing up assertions with fact, not innuendo.

I suspect Biden is corrupt, to some degree. But I am pretty sure Trump is thousands of times worse.

If you want to talk reform to take corruption out of the system, I'm game. But the Right is addicted to corruption because they can't win often without it.
late wrote:Project much?

Dems don't need to cheat, although they do in a couple of places. Republicans do an astonishing amount of cheating.

I'm not protecting Biden. I don't want him for president. I do want people to behave responsibly, and that means backing up assertions with fact, not innuendo.

I suspect Biden is corrupt, to some degree. But I am pretty sure Trump is thousands of times worse.

If you want to talk reform to take corruption out of the system, I'm game. But the Right is addicted to corruption because they can't win often without it.

Sure you are protecting Biden you are not even well read on the subject. You are just making baseless claims.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]