Extinction Rebellion: Climate protest brings London to standstill - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15040140
Extinction Rebellion: Climate protest brings London to standstill
Scores arrested as climate activists descend on centre of UK capital to demand urgent gov't action on climate change.
by Ylenia Gostoli
1 hour ago
London, United Kingdom - Hundreds of climate protesters have blocked roads in central London to launch a two-week protest as thousands of activists are expected to descend on the British capital aiming to occupy key sites around government departments and the Houses of Parliament.


https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019 ... 45156.html

It looks like this is going well, that's good.

There's nothing wrong with hammering the point home, even if they are wee dafties with their odd middle class blood hose antics. :lol:
#15040145
Presvias wrote:Extinction Rebellion: Climate protest brings London to standstill
Scores arrested as climate activists descend on centre of UK capital to demand urgent gov't action on climate change.
by Ylenia Gostoli
1 hour ago
London, United Kingdom - Hundreds of climate protesters have blocked roads in central London to launch a two-week protest as thousands of activists are expected to descend on the British capital aiming to occupy key sites around government departments and the Houses of Parliament.


https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019 ... 45156.html

It looks like this is going well, that's good.

There's nothing wrong with hammering the point home, even if they are wee dafties with their odd middle class blood hose antics. :lol:


I never understood the point of blocking roads and bridges with protests.

The people who are inconvenienced aren't going to be pissed at those be protested against, they're going to be pissed at those who are protesting. Accordingly, those who are protesting aren't likely to sway too many people to their cause...
#15040146
The point is that it won't make a difference if we're all dead.

I'm a bit skeptical of CC; there may be nothing we can do to save ourselves from serious upheavals even if we cut emissions by over 90%+, we might still go through something akin to the medieval warm period on steroids..who knows.

But I think we ought to try. The fact that it might make a big difference means it's worth trying..

And often our interests collide wrt improving public health (air quality for example), and reducing pollution of different kinds is concerned. IMHO there should be a unified push to reduce all types of pollution & things harmful to the evironment simply for our benefit. IE don't focus so exclusively on CC like Extincton Rebellion appear to.

The status quo simply isn't good enough...

And if we include all types of pollution and forget climate change completely, for a second, you can see stuff like this is going on:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... cific/amp/

Very worrying IMHO. It seriously needs sorting out.
#15041449
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Waste of time Those silly protests wont change anything


It's just a circus. Controlled movements like Extinction Rebellion basically want what the powers that be wants, which is more taxes on stupid crap, putting farmers out of business, less children (not less children for the third world though, because that's racist), making things more centralized (and thus easier to control) and so on.
#15041466
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why are people so opposed to doing something about climate change?


It's not really about climate change though. Why can't people see that this whole thing is about emptying the pockets of people and making things more centralized? The powers that be want to screw you even more in the butt. That's all they think about. They don't think about making the world more green or whatever. Some say that the world is going to end in 12 years. That's how desperate they are to screw you in the butt.

Of course we should be a little more responsible and stop throwing trash on the ground and stuff, but I can't deal with the absolute hysteria that the media and shady organizations are pushing non-stop. It's like a cult. There's obviously an ulterior motive here, and I kind of explained what it is.
#15041470
Presvias wrote:^ No. You did nothing of the sort.

Please tell us about these ulteriors?


Code Rood wrote:It's just a circus. Controlled movements like Extinction Rebellion basically want what the powers that be wants, which is more taxes on stupid crap, putting farmers out of business, less children (not less children for the third world though, because that's racist), making things more centralized (and thus easier to control) and so on.


You want me to go into further detail?
Last edited by Code Rood on 12 Oct 2019 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
#15041471
Code Rood wrote:Why can't people see that this whole thing is about emptying the pockets of people and making things more centralized?

Installing solar panels on rooftops makes power generation less centralised. Also lol at, "I don't want to do anything that costs money." Grow up and stop expecting everything to be given to you for free.
#15041473
Code Rood wrote:It's not really about climate change though. Why can't people see that this whole thing is about emptying the pockets of people and making things more centralized? The powers that be want to screw you even more in the butt. That's all they think about. They don't think about making the world more green or whatever. Some say that the world is going to end in 12 years. That's how desperate they are to screw you in the butt.


As far as I can tell, none of this is true.

Well. It is true that some politicians want to oppress you, this has nothing to do with the fight against climate change.

Of course we should be a little more responsible and stop throwing trash on the ground and stuff, but I can't deal with the absolute hysteria that the media and shady organizations are pushing non-stop. It's like a cult. There's obviously an ulterior motive here, and I kind of explained what it is.


Yes, you were clear as to what exactly your unfounded accusations are.

However, this only answers my question when it comes to people who have decided it is all a big conspiracy theory.
#15041708
Pants-of-dog wrote:As far as I can tell, none of this is true.


Every bit of it is true. You just refuse to acknowledge it because you think this climate hoax is useful for furthering your political goals. If the progs really think they're gonna get social or economic justice out of this hoax then they might just be the most clueless bunch of useful idiots to ever hit the scene. This hoax was manufactured by the technocratic globalist oligarchs and it has nothing to do with any kind of justice.

But, they killed millions of their own citizens! […]

@late , Your reply is so nonsensical that I c[…]

What is happening in Iran?

I think that this thinking is pretty one sided. A[…]

It is known that the Asia-Pacific region has alway[…]