EU-BREXIT - Page 278 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Atlantis
Potemkin wrote:Hmmm....... :eh:

Now there's a spiffing idea, old chap! :D

That's very retro, I think Cummings' idea is more along the lines of AI, 5 eyes, digital control of the Galaxy, and the like.
By SolarCross
Atlantis wrote:Singapore is a hub for financial, trade, etc. services for South East Asia. To be the hub of something, you need to be the center of something far bigger. Unless you are prepared to colonize the Galaxy, the Commonwealth cannot become a hub.

What has Singapore colonised?

The Commonwealth can become a free trade zone, like what the EU was supposed to be until they changed everything on the sly.
By Presvias
SolarCross wrote:@Presvias
Maybe, there are pros and cons to all things

:eek: Really?

You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna, but have you got kids?

If so, would endangering their lung health, just for example, be an acceptable price to pay as one of the 'cons' you refer to?

"Emission standards" are meant to seem nice and helpful,

:excited: I know right?

but as a practical matter of fact it gives a bunch of bureaucrats excuses to loot an pillage and treat everyone like their BDSM gimps. That's the first reason for their existence and rest is just excuses.

We all know you have a secret desire to be whipped and gimped by Ursula. :)
By Nonsense
ingliz wrote:Promoting a small Asian city-state as a model for Britain is magical thinking.

:lol:

Of course & that ^ idea came straight of Germany,maybe it's their contribution to project 'fear'. :hmm:
By SolarCross
Presvias wrote::eek: Really?

You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna, but have you got kids?

If so, would endangering their lung health, just for example, be an acceptable price to pay as one of the 'cons' you refer to?

"Emission standards" are meant to seem nice and helpful,

:excited: I know right?

I am not taking a side either way. You need to be a bit less gullible, bureaucrats are not angels, when they cook up some wheeze then they do so for their own scheming ambitions and the rest is just excuses.

Look at me, randomly you seem to have a low opinion of myself, but what if I got a job as a bureaucrat? What if I became a careerist? What if I climbed the greasy pole of office politics in the civil service? What if I eventually got into a position to make the policy that all the little plebs like yourself had to obey if you don't want your door kicked in and bank account raided? Would I have become an angel?

If I wouldn't become an angel by climbing the greasy pole of a byzantine semi-militaristic institution why would anyone else? :?:
By Nonsense
Atlantis wrote:Blair could have kept Labour in power indefinitely if it hadn't been for his neocon pipe-dreams that led the country into the Iraq fiasco. That's what imperialism does to people. Excessive greed will lead to the downfall of even the best and the brightest.

Even Corbyn is in favor of the 'third way' in its manifestation of continental social democracy, because there is no other way.

If Corbyn doesn't make it into No. 10, it's simply because the powers-that-be have already started their character assassination and manipulation of public opinion. Aside from its financial empire and tax havens, the British have inherited the most extensive machine of manipulating opinion in the UK and the world. Putin's troll factories are nothing by comparison.

BLIAR couldn't give a damn about any British casualties in Iraq, all he was interested in, was bending over for G.BUSH, knowing that he would be rich beyond avarice afterwards.

Like THATCHER with G.BUSH senior, BLIAR was awarded a Congressional Medal of (DIS)Honor, invited to Congress to address them, then was lined up for the American 'Lecture Circuit', an American device for rewarding foreign leaders for their 'contributions' to American hegemonic wars, by giving them telephone directory sized payments, in exchange for a 5 minute speech-if you believe that is what it was for :p .

The next question is, what about the money 'trail'?,well, you won't find it, but, I will tell you one thing, if you had the freedom to do an audit at J.P MORGAN, you will find account's that might get you thinking about things related to the 'lecture circuit', though masquerading as 'business expenses' in the ledgers.

I wouldn't bother asking BLIAR directly, he is the P.M who said on winning office, that he would only serve one term, he also said that anyone accusing him of accepting 'cash-for-questions' would be sued, thereafter, he is known as the 'cash & no questions asked' guy.

You could ask him to account for his wealth at the time,no doubt the response would be a Churchillian gesture, but you get my drift I'm sure.
By Presvias
But you are taking a side. Come on, you're so outspokenly anti-EU that you make Farage look like a fan of it.. I'm not having a go at you, just saying.

Nowhere did I say bureaucrats are angels, several of Ursula's picks for top jobs have been rejected due to potential conflicts of interest. They're aware of the dangers of cronyist bureaucracy. Look at Bozo's affairs right now in comparison, just saying..

Your love of bureaucrats is neither here nor there compared to the very real issue of people's health, which you clearly seem to think isn't very important compared to turning Britain into singapore on thames. And I don't 'have a low opinion' of you, I'm just questioning some of your beliefs; as madcap ancap RPG geeks go you're alright. 8)
By Potemkin
Nonsense wrote:BLIAR couldn't give a damn about any British casualties in Iraq, all he was interested in, was bending over for G.BUSH, knowing that he would be rich beyond avarice afterwards.

Like THATCHER with G.BUSH senior, BLIAR was awarded a Congressional Medal of (DIS)Honor, invited to Congress to address them, then was lined up for the American 'Lecture Circuit', an American device for rewarding foreign leaders for their 'contributions' to American hegemonic wars, by giving them telephone directory sized payments, in exchange for a 5 minute speech-if you believe that is what it was for :p .

The next question is, what about the money 'trail'?,well, you won't find it, but, I will tell you one thing, if you had the freedom to do an audit at J.P MORGAN, you will find account's that might get you thinking about things related to the 'lecture circuit', though masquerading as 'business expenses' in the ledgers.

I wouldn't bother asking BLIAR directly, he is the P.M who said on winning office, that he would only serve one term, he also said that anyone accusing him of accepting 'cash-for-questions' would be sued, thereafter, he is known as the 'cash & no questions asked' guy.

You could ask him to account for his wealth at the time,no doubt the response would be a Churchillian gesture, but you get my drift I'm sure.

I've never understood foreigners' admiration for Tony Blair. Almost every human being of sound mind in Britain utterly despises him. It's weird - what do they see in him? :eh:
By SolarCross
@Presvias
Just to underscore what I am saying, let me tell you about a wheeze some local county civil servants pulled. There is a river that runs through the county capital and some young men, who were into canoeing, started a little business teaching people to canoe on the river.

Then one day a couple of councillors turned up and said they had to hand over £900 to the councillors as "insurance" in case one of their customers was injured. It was a lot of money for them so they were sceptical and they asked the councillors if the money would be paid to the injured party and the answer was straight up "no", that money was for the council.

You think that is just a one off case? It is not, it is standard government MO actually. VW were hit with multi-billion dollar "fines" for fiddling their emission compliance but where did the money go? Did it go to all the owners of VW cars as compensation for having a car sold to them on false pretences? Did it go to all the poor asthmatic children? Did it go to all the drowning polar bears?

No, it went straight into the pension funds of all the bureaucrats that pulled off the shakedown. If anyone else did that you would call it a scam.
Last edited by SolarCross on 15 Oct 2019 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
By Presvias
And that's a fair point, you're right that bureaucrats pull a lot of stuff like that.

But you're saying that EU protection standards are basically not doing much, that they're superfluous and ease the flow of money into bureaucrats' coffers, or at least that's what you're alluding. The thing is, even if yore right, it's still preferable to the standards under Modi or Trump's EPA.

And that really is the only point I'm making. No one could possibly logically disagree with that..IMHO.
By MadMonk
Potemkin wrote:I've never understood foreigners' admiration for Tony Blair. Almost every human being of sound mind in Britain utterly despises him. It's weird - what do they see in him? :eh:

Self-effacing British charm, a Hugh Grant in real life. Humility and compassion seeping out of his pores.

Yeah, psychopaths and malignant narcissists can develope tremendous social strategies in becoming likeable. As always that humility only goes skin-deep and once they become questioned of their "virtue", respond ruthlessly and without any personal remorse.

We liked him because we wanted to like him. We desperately wanted the sweet lies over the bitter truths in life. Can you blame us? ;)
By SolarCross
Presvias wrote:And that's a fair point, you're right that bureaucrats pull a lot of stuff like that.

But you're saying that EU protection standards are basically not doing much, that they're superfluous and ease the flow of money into bureaucrats' coffers, or at least that's what you're alluding. The thing is, even if yore right, it's still preferable to the standards under Modi or Trump's EPA.

And that really is the only point I'm making. No one could possibly logically disagree with that..IMHO.

I am not saying they are "not doing much" I am saying they are strict to squeeze cash not strict for need.

I think Mogg's point is that outside of the EU our regs can become responsive to UK democratic processes. Through our democratic process the potential exists for us to dial back the regs but equally if you like to wear the gimp suit we could all vote for a full black leather bondage kit. Whichever way it went it would be our choice.

The only thing that holds the tyranny of all these swarms of bureaucrats in check is the politicians we vote into office... that's it, people like Mogg, Redwood, and Johnson, they are our thin blue line against the full weight of Orwellian dystopia that the bureaucrats would unleash if they could.
Last edited by SolarCross on 15 Oct 2019 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
By Presvias
@MadMonk

^ Really? Hugh Grant's a piece of shit in just about every way possible, never ever liked him. Is being a ststst stuttery middle class fuckunt 'likeable'? I particularly hated him in that 80s miner's strike movie. You've got weird taste. And Bliar was far more endearing than the prostitute hiring Hugh Grant... what a penis in a jar.

The difference is night and day between those two. Completely different characters... it seems like lumping all Brits into one humungous blob of sameness is now fashionable. 8)
By Presvias
SolarCross wrote:I am not saying they are "not doing much" I am saying they are strict to squeeze cash not strict for need.

I think Mogg's point is that outside of the EU our regs can become responsive to UK democratic processes. Through our democratic process the potential exists for us to dial back the regs but equally if you like to wear the gimp suit we could all vote for a full black leather bondage kit. Whichever way it went it would be our choice.

The only thing that holds the tyranny of all these swarms of bureaucrats in check is the politicians we vote into office... that's it, people like Mogg, Redwood, and Johnson, they are our thin blue line against full weight of Orwellian dystopia that the bureaucrats would unleash if they could.

Fair enough, except Red, Johnny and Smoggy are far far worse as borne out by their records in office.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10499 ... gham/votes

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999 ... slip/votes

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926 ... rset/votes

What more can thouest say to thee..
By MadMonk
Presvias wrote:@MadMonk

^ Really? Hugh Grant's a piece of shit in just about every way possible, never ever liked him. Is being a ststst stuttery middle class fuckunt 'likeable'? I particularly hated him in that 80s miner's strike movie. You've got weird taste. And Bliar was far more endearing than the prostitute hiring Hugh Grant... what a penis in a jar.

The difference is night and day between those two. Completely different characters... it seems like lumping all Brits into one humungous blob of sameness is now fashionable. 8)

Well, as we've already stated, us foreigners have at best a general idea more than any distinctive insight into British particularities. And yes, they are both pieces of shit.

It's been 20 years since either of them was of any relevance, I was mostly basing it of when Hugh Grant was playing a goofy Tony Blair in "Love Actually". Or maybe he wasn't :D
By SolarCross
Presvias wrote:Fair enough, except Red, Johnny and Smoggy are far far worse as borne out by their records in office.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10499 ... gham/votes

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999 ... slip/votes

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926 ... rset/votes

What more can thouest say to thee..

What is exactly is "far worse"? I have looked through their voting record but didn't see anything that I'd have done drastically different? Is it just because they are Tories?
By Presvias
MadMonk wrote:Well, as we've already stated, us foreigners have at best a general idea more than any distinctive insight into British particularities. And yes, they are both pieces of shit.

It's been 20 years since either of them was of any relevance, I was mostly basing it of when Hugh Grant was playing a goofy Tony Blair in "Love Actually". Or maybe he wasn't :D

This 100% factual analysis by some fawning amateur bloggerer proves you wrong https://www.google.com/amp/s/thetab.com ... 118746/amp

Indeed they are both reprehensible shite flap paninises ;) , but like Hillary whatever her name is playing Amelia Earhart; they're nothing alike. A terrible performance if ever I've seen one. I think only Jon Culshaw has ever gotten Bliar right, really.
By Presvias

Brexit Party chairman left speechless after hearing Nigel Farage's comments about the EU referendum

Tice agreed that under law it was advisory but added that the government needed to respect the will of the people.

Hasan then came back at him and asked that if leave had lost the result by 52 per cent to 48 per cent would he now be campaigning for another referendum?

Tice said in response:

No we wouldn't... that's just a complete nonsense.

The journalist then came back with a real zinger and pointed out that Farage had said that a result of that margin would be "unfinished business."

Why did Nigel Farage - the leader of your party - say in May 2016 a month before the referendum 'in a 52% to 48% referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way'?

At this point, Tice looked very confused and the audience started to laugh. "Did he? I'm not Nigel Farage, I didn't hear him say it," said Tice.

The presenter added:

Richard, the way quotes work whether you heard them or not is irrelevant, he did say it, to the Mirror.

He's never denied saying it... you can't just disown the leader of your party when he says something awkward!

Tice then tried to cite that 'democracy only works in this country if losers accept they lost'. Although Hasan agreed with him he did add:

But your party leader said if the Remain campaign wins two-thirds to one thirds that ends it.

You didn't win two-thirds to one-third. So it's not over according to Nigel Farage.

The whole thing ended with Tice saying that he doesn't have to agree with everything that Nigel Farage says which is fair enough but the whole thing was pretty embarrassing.

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit- ... edium=Feed

SolarCross wrote:What is exactly is "far worse"? I have looked through their voting record but didn't see anything that I'd have done drastically different? Is it just because they are Tories?

Absolutely! ;)

And because they consistently oppose raising standards in just about every way, unlike other more one nationy Tories..
By SolarCross
Presvias wrote:
Absolutely! ;)

And because they consistently oppose raising standards in just about every way, unlike other more one nationy Tories..

Okay I have been on pofo long enough to realise that "political types" are very sly with language. "Raising standards" then is a deceptive euphemism for something else like "forcing everyone to wear bondage gear" or "stealing all the money".

If you just mean these three lean libertarian then that is probably why I like them so much, but then unlike some I am not a gimp.
By Presvias
^ =) You can be sometimes. But only sometimes.

You should see by now that I really don't fit in here on pofo, in fact I'm on the knife-edge of being yellow carded. Don't be surprised if they send me off to the gulag anytime soon, comrade. :excited:

That post pretty much means what it says. It means they fought against erm, what I said.

How John Redwood voted on Environmental Issues #
Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change Show votes
7 votes for, 14 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2019
Voted a mixture of for and against lower taxes on fuel for motor vehicles Show votes
6 votes for, 9 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for selling England’s state owned forests Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for higher taxes on plane tickets Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2014–2017
Generally voted against financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2018
Generally voted for culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2013–2014
Voted a mixture of for and against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2015
Voted a mixture of for and against new high speed rail infrastructure Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, between 2014–2019

How Boris Johnson voted on Environmental Issues #
Almost always voted against measures to prevent climate change Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, 6 absences, between 2004–2019

How Jacob Rees-Mogg voted on Environmental Issues #
Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change Show votes
4 votes for, 12 votes against, 4 absences, between 2011–2019
Voted a mixture of for and against lower taxes on fuel for motor vehicles Show votes
6 votes for, 10 votes against, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for selling England’s state owned forests Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011

Generally voted against financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2012–2018
Almost always voted for culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2014
Voted a mixture of for and against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2015
Consistently voted for new high speed rail infrastructure Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2019

(shrugs).

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]