On Illegal + Legal Immigration: The Exact Opposite of What You think is True, is True - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15041214
Rich was a veteran and firefighter and overall great guy! He was 73.


Suspect arrested after fleeing the scene of fatal motorcycle accident
by Plateau Daily News 17 Sep 2019 News

Jorge Hernandez Hernandez, 20, was arrested by Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputies after fleeing the scene of a fatal-motorcycle accident on Highway 107 N. approximately one mile past Pine Creek Road in Glenville on Sunday, said JC Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) Major Shannon Queen.

Pictured at the top of the article is Jorge Hernandez Hernandez who was arrested for his involvement in a fatal motorcycle accident.

NC State Highway Patrol Trooper Tyson Crawford said the victim is 78-year-old Richard Bartnik from Florida who owns a house in Macon County and lives here part-time. Hernandez is from the Cashiers area.


Glenville-Cashiers Rescue Squad assists with direction traffic by closing Highway 107 at Pine Creek Road in Glenville due to a fatal motorcycle accident on Sunday.

Hernandez was traveling northbound on Highway 107 shortly after 5 p.m. on Sunday and crossed over the double yellow line in a GMC Sierra pick-up truck colliding head on with Bartnik who was on his motorcycle.

Crawford said alcohol is believed to be involved and it is unknown where Hernandez works because he does not speak English. Crawford added that immigration services have been notified to assist.

Hernandez’s truck was found wrecked down the street from the crash site turned sideways in the middle of the road. Bartnik’s body was recovered in the southbound lane and his motorcycle was wrecked along the guardrail of the southbound side of the highway.

Hernandez is currently being held in Jackson County Jail on a $30,000 secure bond and is scheduled to appear in Jackson County Court on Nov. 4.

Hernandez is charged with:

Driving While Impaired ($20k secure bond)
Reckless Driving to Endanger
Misdemeanor Death by Vehicle
Failed to stop at the scene of a crash
Felony Hit and Run Causing Injury ($10k secure bond)

Jorge Hernandez Hernandez

Authorities first responded to a call of a motorcycle accident on Sunday on a section of Highway 107 N. known as Cabbage Curve. After arriving on site, JC sheriff’s deputies found the driver of the motorcycle deceased laying in the road but the driver of the other vehicle (pick-up truck) had fled the scene, said Queen.

Two JC sheriff’s deputies and a K-9 unit were arrived on the scene and began to track Hernandez through the woods. Authorities received a report shortly afterwards of a suspicious person in the Cullowhee Forest area. Other JC sheriff’s deputies responded and arrested Hernandez without incident.

“I wouldn’t call him cooperative since he fled the scene, but he didn’t cause any problems with any of the officers when they apprehended him,” said Queen.

Deputies placed Hernandez in custody and handed him over to NC Highway Patrol. Highway Patrol conducted an accident reconstruction on site Monday afternoon for about five hours. Crawford said the results from that investigation will take time and that the reconstruction consisted of mapping and documenting the crash site.

Cashiers-Glenville Volunteer Fire Department (CGFD) assisted with directing traffic during the accident reconstruction on Monday. Glenville-Cashiers Rescue Squad (GCRS) closed off Highway 107 at Pine Creek Road at the time of the accident on Sunday.

Crawford said the JCSO should be commended for its efforts in apprehending Hernandez.

“Highway Patrol is very appreciative of all their hard work, I mean, they’re the ones who caught him,” he said. “They all (CGFD, GCRS, and JCSO) help us out and we’re thankful for their support.”

Originally reported on Sept. 15 on Plateau Daily News

Highway 107 N. closed due to fatal motorcycle accident

Local emergency services responded to a call of a motorcycle wreck on Highway 107 N. approx. a mile past Pine Creek Road in Glenville shortly after 5 p.m. on Sunday. Glenville-Cashiers Rescue Squad Chief, Jeff Stewart, said it was a two-vehicle wreck and the driver of the motorcycle did not survive. The motorcycle located on the road at the scene.


Highway 107 N. was closed on Sunday at Pine Creek Road in Glenville because of a fatal-motorcycle accident approx. 1 mile up the road.

He added the passengers of the second vehicle are reported to be “okay,” and were driving a pick-up truck. It’s unclear how many passengers were in the pick-up. The motorcycle was found on the road at the scene.

GCRS and Cashiers-Glenville Fire Department crews are on the scene as of 6:30 p.m. waiting for N.C. Highway Patrol to investigate.

“Highway Patrol does a reconstruction any time someone is killed in an accident,” said Stewart. “They have special people for that who come out and conduct an investigation.”

He added he’s unsure when Highway Patrol will arrive as it is a Sunday and there’s no telling where they’re coming from, but he hopes the road opens up around 7:30 p.m.

Article and Photos by Brian O’Shea
[email protected]
Follow us on Instagram: @plateaudailynews
Like us on Facebook HERE
#15041218
So rather than answer the question you seem to believe is so important you decided to post an irrelevant article about a traffic accident?

Who here is surprised that @Finfinder is frightened of posting an answer to a question he would like me to answer? Raise your hand. :roll:

Since you like irrelevant articles here is another one:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-supremacists-committed-most-extremist-killings-2017-adl-says-n838896
#15041220
Drlee wrote:So rather than answer the question you seem to believe is so important you decided to post an irrelevant article about a traffic accident?

Who here is surprised that @Finfinder is frightened of posting an answer to a question he would like me to answer? Raise your hand. :roll:

Since you like irrelevant articles here is another one:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-supremacists-committed-most-extremist-killings-2017-adl-says-n838896



that was my friend who got killed Drlee
#15041221
Then be respectful of his memory and try not to use this tragedy to make some kind of political point. That is a cheap ploy and disrespectful to his memory.
#15041222
Drlee wrote:Then be respectful of his memory and try not to use this tragedy to make some kind of political point. That is a cheap ploy and disrespectful to his memory.


How about apologize for being a complete asshole admit you were wrong. I explained specifically in my post it wasn't a political post. You want proof I started posting on this thread before I even knew Rich was murdered. I was respectful!

Finfinder wrote:Thank you!!! to me its mostly about how unfair life can be, a US veteran making it to 73 and then getting killed by a drunk driver.


Finfinder wrote:The immigration status well that kind of feels weird and I'm honestly not trying to exploit that is not my first concern.
#15041230
Finfinder wrote:Thank you!!! to me its mostly about how unfair life can be, a US veteran making it to 73 and then getting killed by a drunk driver.

The immigration status well that kind of feels weird and I'm honestly not trying to exploit that is not my first concern.


It's okay mate.

People understandably get emotional where stuff like this is concerned, imho you've reflected on it and decided not to make a political point out of it which I admire and respect. :)

Let's all try not to argue, let's talk with civility & mutual respect, once we understand others' positions in detail we can talk about the fine points behind our ideas.

What type of an immigration system would you like to see, Fin? I'd like to see your fleshed out ideas on this subject..you've heard ours.

@BigSteve

I'd like to hear yours too, sorry to see that you got carded FWIW..
#15041255
How about apologize for being a complete asshole admit you were wrong. I explained specifically in my post it wasn't a political post. You want proof I started posting on this thread before I even knew Rich was murdered. I was respectful!


Bullshit. You posted it here to try to make a political point. It was cheap and tawdry. Own it.
#15041272
Presvias wrote:It's okay mate.

People understandably get emotional where stuff like this is concerned, imho you've reflected on it and decided not to make a political point out of it which I admire and respect. :)

Let's all try not to argue, let's talk with civility & mutual respect, once we understand others' positions in detail we can talk about the fine points behind our ideas.

What type of an immigration system would you like to see, Fin? I'd like to see your fleshed out ideas on this subject..you've heard ours.

@BigSteve

.


I'll keep it simple and I just want to say first, that it is seldom that this place makes me respect people and it is seldom to never that I ever take seriously some of the rank and despicable low class comments people make toward any of my posts. There is a forum member @jimjam that I'm good friends with we have met and I have a ton of respect for him, and we have little in common politics wise. When I give people the business it is always in fun and with comradery but I'll have to say for the first time in the couple years I have been on this board I have received comments that are about as low class as they come. You sir have earned my respect, so Ill keep it simple but it is not fun for me to be open only for people to take shots at the honesty.

I think a country should have borders, we need to fix the amnesty loop holes, and we should be able to document who comes here. Overall we should probably shut off immigration (the USA has done this in the past) until we can get those things done and get a handle on who is already here. We need to figure what we are going to do with the people that are here and those who have been here for a long time productively. I don't think we should round -up people and send them back but I also don't think we can have unlimited immigration. I know many Americans that struggle they need financial assistance just as badly if not more than the politicians pandering to illegal immigration. It may be too much to ask for some type of assimilation. Maybe that is what you want or not but I think I'm done for now. Have a great weekend.
#15042117
Drlee wrote:Then be respectful of his memory and try not to use this tragedy to make some kind of political point. That is a cheap ploy and disrespectful to his memory.


Or perhaps, and far more likely, he doesn't want his friend to have died in vain at the hand of some fucking scumbag...
#15042312
I agree that you have no argument.

Speaking of people who think undocumented immigrants are subhuman:
https://kfor.com/2019/07/23/teens-terro ... ghborhood/


    OKLAHOMA CITY - A man and his children are healing after they were attacked by three teens with BB guns.

    A neighbor reported the attack because the family of undocumented immigrants was afraid to go to the authorities themselves.

    It happened Monday afternoon near S. Walker and SW 59th St.

    Mrs. Quintero arrived home with her daughters just in time to see three teens armed with what appeared to be real guns run out from behind her house.

    She started to follow them, but when they noticed the weapons, they turned back and went home.

    Quintero checked her backyard and discovered more strangers back there.

    This time, it was a father, his two sons, and 6-year-old daughter.

    He explained the teens chased them behind the home and were shooting at them with what turned out to be BB guns.

    The BBs hit him in the shoulder, his 11-year-old son in the arm, and his young daughter in the leg.

    "I was terrified," Quintero said. "I'm still terrified. The little boy was holding his arm. I said, 'Let me take you to the hospital, he's bleeding.'"

    Quintero tried to get him to report the crime to police or let her take them to the hospital but he refused. The family is from Honduras. Because they’re undocumented, he didn’t want to involve authorities for fear of deportation.

    "I feel for that family right now, I really do, and I wish we could help these people out because they need help, they need our help," Quintero said. "You can be legal or illegal, it doesn't matter. You cannot be victims of these crimes."

    She drove them home, then called police herself to report the incident. She said the teens have been terrorizing the neighborhood and wants to see them stopped.

    Immigration attorney Lawrence Davis said he understands why the family fears speaking to police. However, in Oklahoma City, he said officers will not turn victims’ immigration status over to ICE.

    "They can`t let that fear prevent them from trying to prosecute these people that are perpetrating crimes against them," Davis said.

    Oklahoma City Police encourage victims to come forward because, without them, it can be difficult or impossible to prosecute a case. In fact, Davis said if undocumented immigrants help prosecute a case, it can help provide short-term and long-term immigration relief.

    Quintero said she intends to help the family report the attack to police.

    "I wish I could do more for them because it's not right," Quintero said.
#15042321
Pants-of-dog wrote:I agree that you have no argument.


There needn't be one.

I was responding to this:

Presvias wrote:
Illegal immigrants = scumbags.


And they are. Why would I argue that they aren't?

Speaking of people who think undocumented immigrants are subhuman:
https://kfor.com/2019/07/23/teens-terro ... ghborhood/


    OKLAHOMA CITY - A man and his children are healing after they were attacked by three teens with BB guns.

    A neighbor reported the attack because the family of undocumented immigrants was afraid to go to the authorities themselves.

    It happened Monday afternoon near S. Walker and SW 59th St.

    Mrs. Quintero arrived home with her daughters just in time to see three teens armed with what appeared to be real guns run out from behind her house.

    She started to follow them, but when they noticed the weapons, they turned back and went home.

    Quintero checked her backyard and discovered more strangers back there.

    This time, it was a father, his two sons, and 6-year-old daughter.

    He explained the teens chased them behind the home and were shooting at them with what turned out to be BB guns.

    The BBs hit him in the shoulder, his 11-year-old son in the arm, and his young daughter in the leg.

    "I was terrified," Quintero said. "I'm still terrified. The little boy was holding his arm. I said, 'Let me take you to the hospital, he's bleeding.'"

    Quintero tried to get him to report the crime to police or let her take them to the hospital but he refused. The family is from Honduras. Because they’re undocumented, he didn’t want to involve authorities for fear of deportation.

    "I feel for that family right now, I really do, and I wish we could help these people out because they need help, they need our help," Quintero said. "You can be legal or illegal, it doesn't matter. You cannot be victims of these crimes."

    She drove them home, then called police herself to report the incident. She said the teens have been terrorizing the neighborhood and wants to see them stopped.

    Immigration attorney Lawrence Davis said he understands why the family fears speaking to police. However, in Oklahoma City, he said officers will not turn victims’ immigration status over to ICE.

    "They can`t let that fear prevent them from trying to prosecute these people that are perpetrating crimes against them," Davis said.

    Oklahoma City Police encourage victims to come forward because, without them, it can be difficult or impossible to prosecute a case. In fact, Davis said if undocumented immigrants help prosecute a case, it can help provide short-term and long-term immigration relief.

    Quintero said she intends to help the family report the attack to police.

    "I wish I could do more for them because it's not right," Quintero said.


Well, that's all sad and shit, and I certainly don't advocate the violence which was visited upon them, but if they weren't here they wouldn't have been terrorized by teenagers with BB guns in Oklahoma...
#15042325
BigSteve wrote:There needn't be one.

I was responding to this:

And they are. Why would I argue that they aren't?


A racist insult at a large group of people is not an argument.

Well, that's all sad and shit, and I certainly don't advocate the violence which was visited upon them, but if they weren't here they wouldn't have been terrorized by teenagers with BB guns in Oklahoma...


I have no idea why you think people would believe you when you say you do not support this.

The teenagers, like you, believe that undocumented migrants are not deserving of the respect and dignity that humans deserve.
#15042335
Pants-of-dog wrote:A racist insult at a large group of people is not an argument.


And I targeted no race in my comment, so you have no real point...

I have no idea why you think people would believe you when you say you do not support this.

The teenagers, like you, believe that undocumented migrants are not deserving of the respect and dignity that humans deserve.


I was quite clear that I did not condone the violence.

That said, if the illegals weren't here, they wouldn't have been attacked by teenagers with BB guns in Oklahoma...
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Another school shooting

So what just because you want to cling to one wor[…]

Countries with nukes won't be invaded by USA, tha[…]

Ukrainegate

Look at the simple minded bullshit ^ that Republi[…]

Betrayal

And it's cheap, all NK had to give him was a phot[…]