Ukrainegate - Page 31 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rich
blackjack21 wrote:Heh. I work in open source software. The software is free.

Permissive or GPL?
By Hindsite
Congressional Democrats are skirting the past precedent of using the Judiciary Committee to impeach the president, and are instead relying on the House Intelligence Committee to shroud their work in darkness and keep vital facts hidden from the public, said Wall Street Journal columnist Kim Strassel.

"I think the reason they are doing it through House Intelligence is so that they can keep everything secret, keep this whistleblower identity secret and the nature of some of the claims," she claimed Sunday on "The Journal Editorial Report."

"I think the other thing they’re doing is not holding a formal vote to have an impeachment inquiry and setting out the rules -- they’ve been denying Republicans the right to take part in some of this."

"Since impeachment is a political tool, the goal of it is to convince the public that you are doing things in a fair and just manner, and they’re certainly not, because they’re not abiding by any of the past courtesies or standards that impeachment probes use."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/impeachme ... f-strassel

The Democrats Secret Impeachment Inquiry

GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz was abruptly removed from the Democrats’ ongoing impeachment hearing Monday after the Republican attempted to sit in on the House Intelligence Committee’s latest effort to remove President Trump from office.

“Gaetz, who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, attempted to attend the testimony of Fiona Hill, a former deputy assistant to the president, but was told that because he was not a member of the House Intelligence Committee that he had to leave.

“It’s not like I’m on agriculture,” Gaetz said. “What are the Democrats so afraid of?”

“Judiciary Chairman [Jerry Nadler] claimed to have begun the impeachment inquiry weeks ago,” Gaetz tweeted. “Now, his own Judiciary members aren’t even allowed to participate in it. And yes – my constituents want me actively involved in stopping the #KangarooCourtCoup run by Shifty Schiff.”
By jimjam
The president's former top Russia adviser, Fiona Hill — the first White House official to cooperate in Democrats' investigation of the Ukraine scandal — has detailed for lawmakers a trail of alleged corruption that extends from Kiev to the West Wing. In dramatic testimony on Monday, she roped in some of Trump's top advisers as witnesses to the unfolding controversy. Hill also connected Giuliani's efforts to Trump's acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, and said John Bolton characterized their efforts on Ukraine as a “drug deal.”
According to a source in the room Monday, Hill said Bolton compared Giuliani to “a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.”

And on Tuesday, a senior State Department official, George Kent, appeared on Capitol Hill to testify about his knowledge of the episode despite an attempt by Trump administration lawyers to block him, according to a source working on the impeachment inquiry.

On Wednesday, Michael McKinley, who abruptly resigned last week as a top aide to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, intends to testify before lawmakers.

On Thursday, lawmakers are expected to hear from Gordon Sondland, the EU ambassador whose text messages revealed by lawmakers indicated he was aware of efforts to pressure Ukrainian officials to investigate Biden. Sondland is reportedly ready to deflect any blame onto Trump about whether there was any quid pro quo involving military aid to Ukraine or a meeting between Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart in Washington.

Congressional investigators on Friday will hear from Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper, who oversees Russia- and Ukraine-related matters at the Pentagon.

:eek:
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:The president's former top Russia adviser, Fiona Hill — the first White House official to cooperate in Democrats' investigation of the Ukraine scandal — has detailed for lawmakers a trail of alleged corruption that extends from Kiev to the West Wing. In dramatic testimony on Monday, she roped in some of Trump's top advisers as witnesses to the unfolding controversy. Hill also connected Giuliani's efforts to Trump's acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, and said John Bolton characterized their efforts on Ukraine as a “drug deal.”
According to a source in the room Monday, Hill said Bolton compared Giuliani to “a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.”

And on Tuesday, a senior State Department official, George Kent, appeared on Capitol Hill to testify about his knowledge of the episode despite an attempt by Trump administration lawyers to block him, according to a source working on the impeachment inquiry.

On Wednesday, Michael McKinley, who abruptly resigned last week as a top aide to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, intends to testify before lawmakers.

On Thursday, lawmakers are expected to hear from Gordon Sondland, the EU ambassador whose text messages revealed by lawmakers indicated he was aware of efforts to pressure Ukrainian officials to investigate Biden. Sondland is reportedly ready to deflect any blame onto Trump about whether there was any quid pro quo involving military aid to Ukraine or a meeting between Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart in Washington.

Congressional investigators on Friday will hear from Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper, who oversees Russia- and Ukraine-related matters at the Pentagon.

:eek:

I bet this was all leaked out by the lying Shifty Schiff. :lol:
By Beren
SpecialOlympian wrote:Maybe we should get the president of Ukraine to investigate him?

Ukraine should investigate a lot of people, foreign as well as domestic. The country is a cesspool of corruption, Manafort could tell a lot about that.
By blackjack21
Hindsite wrote:Congressional Democrats are skirting the past precedent of using the Judiciary Committee to impeach the president, and are instead relying on the House Intelligence Committee to shroud their work in darkness and keep vital facts hidden from the public, said Wall Street Journal columnist Kim Strassel.

Yeah, Strassel's been pretty good on this. The whole thing appears to be a John Bolton organized hit by the IC on the president as a function of policy disagreement. We need to seriously clean house at the CIA and NSA.

jimjam wrote:The president's former top Russia adviser, Fiona Hill — the first White House official to cooperate in Democrats' investigation of the Ukraine scandal — has detailed for lawmakers a trail of alleged corruption that extends from Kiev to the West Wing.

A trail of "alleged corruption"? How about a trail of corruption? Why the indirection?

jimjam wrote:In dramatic testimony on Monday

You don't know if it's dramatic or not. It's secret. So the adjectives are unwarranted at this point.

jimjam wrote:she roped in some of Trump's top advisers as witnesses to the unfolding controversy.

She should be fired and possibly prosecuted.

jimjam wrote:Hill also connected Giuliani's efforts to Trump's acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, and said John Bolton characterized their efforts on Ukraine as a “drug deal.”

Since when did you become so sympathetic with the Bush family?

jimjam wrote:According to a source in the room Monday, Hill said Bolton compared Giuliani to “a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.”

Bwahahahahaha! Yeah. Coming from John Bolton? You take that seriously? Rudy Giuliani is going to blow everybody up, says...John Bolton who spends every waking hour trying to get a war going somewhere. :roll: Good lord!

jimjam wrote:On Wednesday, Michael McKinley, who abruptly resigned last week as a top aide to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, intends to testify before lawmakers.

Well, it saves having to fire him... :roll:

Hindsite wrote:I bet this was all leaked out by the lying Shifty Schiff. :lol:

Well, we can't say that Chuck Schumer didn't warn us that the IC has six ways from Sunday to get back at you, but what the IC doesn't seem to understand is that we're not interested in their games anymore.

Pelosi has already stated that she's not going to hold an impeachment inquiry vote, most notably because it will kill off her majority in Congress.

Personally, I think this is great. I just wish Trump would fire more people. For all his antics on The Apprentice, he's such a pussycat as president.
By jimjam
A Florida man wanted in a campaign finance case involving associates of Obese Donald's bag man, Rudy Giuliani, is in federal custody.

Federal authorities say they took David Correia into custody Wednesday at Kennedy Airport in New York City.

I think it's a riot how all of Rudy's buddies get arrested in airports ……. I now expect a profound comment from BJ #21 along the lines of : "What's the big problem with flying on an airplane? Hillary does it." :lol:
By Hong Wu
Florida man strikes again, now he's a part of Ukrainegate. I should have known!

After failing to get Rudy banned from the TV they are settling for false accusations against two people instead of one, is my take.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:A Florida man wanted in a campaign finance case involving associates of Obese Donald's bag man, Rudy Giuliani, is in federal custody.

Why do you call Rudy Giuliani Trump's bag man? He's an attorney, and I don't believe he's involved in the fundraising aspect of Trump's campaign. Is it that "bag man" just has some ominous sound in your vernacular?

jimjam wrote:I think it's a riot how all of Rudy's buddies get arrested in airports ……. I now expect a profound comment from BJ #21 along the lines of : "What's the big problem with flying on an airplane? Hillary does it." :lol:

While inconvenient for the arrestees (Rudy's clients), I do appreciate the government not getting 20+ FBI agents involved with machine guns at the ready and CNN standing by to record the event. As for Hillary Clinton, I do find it interesting how her campaign finance money made it all the way to Christopher Steele to create a phony dossier that resulted in criminally defrauding the FISC and spawning a special counsel investigation wasting $40M+ of US taxpayer dollars in clear violation of US campaign finance laws and no arrests have been made. @Presvias was whining in another thread about the difference in sentencing between blacks and whites in the United States. I find it far more interesting how Democrats get away with crimes when they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by the publicly available evidence, and trivial violations by others get punished so harshly.

Hong Wu wrote:After failing to get Rudy banned from the TV they are settling for false accusations against two people instead of one, is my take.

Campaign finance violations usually involve exceeding donation limits. If you're Barack Obama, you get fined for this. If you're Dinesh D'Souza, you get jail time.
By Crantag
blackjack21 wrote:While inconvenient for the arrestees (Rudy's clients), I do appreciate the government not getting 20+ FBI agents involved with machine guns at the ready and CNN standing by to record the event. As for Hillary Clinton, I do find it interesting how her campaign finance money made it all the way to Christopher Steele to create a phony dossier that resulted in criminally defrauding the FISC and spawning a special counsel investigation wasting $40M+ of US taxpayer dollars in clear violation of US campaign finance laws and no arrests have been made. @Presvias was whining in another thread about the difference in sentencing between blacks and whites in the United States. I find it far more interesting how Democrats get away with crimes when they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by the publicly available evidence, and trivial violations by others get punished so harshly.

Manafort's asset seizures alone pretty much paid for the investigation ;).
By blackjack21
Rancid wrote:@blackjack21,

Can you explain your Joe Biden quote?

Which one?
By Presvias
Well, seeing as you brought my position about unfair persecutions up, I thought I'd chime in my 2c.

Justice should be blind (make Stevie Wonder a judge..joking) and should be served equally on Dems and Repubs. Investigate all of them, heck, investigate every damn congressperson, sen. and high ranking civil servant and root out 100% of corruption. I don't care what affiliation they hold.

IMHO Trump and Giuliani are the worst of the worst, their heads ought to roll with anyone else's. I have no doubt that truthful investigations would probably indict over 2/3s of senate and congress by the way..and same for the 2 houses in the UK.
By Rancid
Presvias wrote:Well, seeing as you brought my position about unfair persecutions up, I thought I'd chime in my 2c.

Justice should be blind (make Stevie Wonder a judge..joking) and should be served equally on Dems and Repubs. Investigate all of them, heck, investigate every damn congressperson, sen. and high ranking civil servant and root out 100% of corruption. I don't care what affiliation they hold.

IMHO Trump and Giuliani are the worst of the worst, their heads ought to roll with anyone else's. I have no doubt that truthful investigations would probably indict over 2/3s of senate and congress by the way..and same for the 2 houses in the UK.

Agreed.
By jimjam
That John Bolton appears to be the sane adult in the room who actually worries that people in the Trump administration have gone off the deep end, says volumes about how inane, dysfunctional and nefarious the Trump Administration really is.
By blackjack21
Biden wrote:"Poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids."
"...the capital gains tax should be at ... 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent,"
"We choose truth over facts!"

You mean these?

1. Biden conflates being white with being wealthy and being non-white with being poor. Out of touch.
2. Biden wants to tax capital gains at the same rate as earned income--stock market crash, massive decline in capital investment, very long term holding of capital in holding companies rather than efficiently allocating capital. The problem is that policy taxes earned income too high. That's what is unfair.
3. More daffy guy stuff.

Biden is just prone to say stupid things, and it's quite entertaining.

Presvias wrote:IMHO Trump and Giuliani are the worst of the worst, their heads ought to roll with anyone else's.

On what charges, though? Disliking someone is different from prosecuting them criminally. The Clintons are inherently worse. They actually have people killed. Do you think Epstein's death was really a suicide?

Presvias wrote:I have no doubt that truthful investigations would probably indict over 2/3s of senate and congress by the way..and same for the 2 houses in the UK.

Yes, but it's the executive that does it. So who do you want to be President and Attorney General to that end?

Ukrainegate is just another fraudulent basis to try to overturn the 2016 election. Investigating whether Biden sold his office or used it to help his son in an unlawful way is not criminal in the least. If he had asked the Ukrainian government to hack Biden's personal emails and make them public then we would be having a different conversation, but Trump never did any such thing.
By jimjam
Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, broke sharply from President Donald Trump on Thursday, telling House impeachment investigators that he opposed the president’s request to run Ukraine policy through his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Sondland testified that Giuliani drew a direct link between scheduling a White House visit for Ukraine’s newly elected president and demands that Ukraine prioritize investigations targeting Trump’s political rivals, including former Vice President Joe Biden.

Sondland was a major donor to Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, and he contributed $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee essentially purchasing his appointment as ambassador to the E.U.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]