Extinction Rebellion: Climate protest brings London to standstill - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

snapdragon wrote:They should go to China and lecture the public over there.

Well, you are right. They should indeed prove their commitment by protesting in India and China.

Having said that, they do live in liberal democratic societies and they are entitled to protest. Typically this is done with marches and placards.

In my city, they have been gluing themselves to roads in peak hour, chaining themselves to railway tracks and dangling from bridges. Naturally people doing these things get arrested for being dorks. The activists themselves expect to be arrested. That gets media attention. It is part of their direct action tactics.

What would happen if they glued themselves to roads in an Indian city during rush hour? They would probably just get run over and the police would have to use spatulas to clean up the mess. But it would get media attention, I am sure.
snapdragon wrote:They have every right to protest. I’ll be protesting myself on Saturday. What I won’t be doing is gluing myself to the pavement and defacing property, or preventing people going about their business.

(shrugs) They're willing to be arrested for it, seems fair enough to me.

I won't be protesting and I'll just keep defending them eating veggie burgers, whilst amassing plastic carrier bags, and wishing I could fly out to se asia business class. :)
XR is collapsing in on itself. It is now a laughing stock. They have failed and will fade into insignificance. The Police are arresting thousands of them in London. Never has that old saying ..... "you can fool some of the people ........... ...." been more appropriate.
snapdragon wrote:They have every right to protest. I’ll be protesting myself on Saturday. What I won’t be doing is gluing myself to the pavement and defacing property, or preventing people from going about their business.

They are not protesting. Protesting is lawful. They are being arrested by the hundreds and good for that. A cult posing as a worthy protest group. I have yet to hear one of them, especially the leaders, state anything logical and worthy of note.
Today in London XR nutjob kicked a man in the head... a nasty bunch of violent thugs.
I’m marching on Saturday for a final say, not because I support that bunch of stinking hypocrites. And by stinking, I mean they stink. Literally. I was happy to see irate passengers pulling them off the roofs of the tube trains this morning. I hope a good lot of arms and legs got broken. Also a lot of gouging , kicking and punching. At least they’ll get a shower in prison heh heh
snapdragon wrote:I’m marching on Saturday for a final say, not because I support that bunch of stinking hypocrites. And by stinking, I mean they stink. Literally. I was happy to see irate passengers pulling them off the roofs of the tube trains this morning. I hope a good lot of arms and legs got broken. Also a lot of gouging , kicking and punching. At least they’ll get a shower in prison heh heh

Yes, lib dem supporters do tend to find their own faults in others.. :D
Presvias wrote:Exactly my pov too, in fact I'm agreeing with you too often for comfort... Think some folks (not you) could do with reading their own signatures. (:

Maybe if you were trying to get to work on the tube, you'd feel differently.

I don't get what you mean by my signature? In which way is what I have to say about those smelly hypocrites libellous?
Presvias wrote::lol: ^

Well? What bit isn't true?

Well, good luck with your revoke art 50 march and I'm assuming you were there when they jumped on top of the train. LD supporters are priceless.. epitomized by Cleggy's total Judassery and self-projection. 8)

My daughter was.

I'm not a violent person, but I would have kicked the guy in the nuts myself.

The tube is bad enough as it is.

I'm not a Lib-Dem supporter; just a remainer.

Why do you like to put people in boxes?
"what bit isn't true"

All of it. It's a cross between misleading guile and flat out slander/libel, isn't it?

You like snapping at things/folks that rile you up and you were taking some frustration out here. Just like when you said you wish great ill on the Brexiteers. :lol:

Why do _I like to put people in boxes? :lol: You said elsewhere that you support Swinson's position/+ revoke. Your putting the XR movement into boxes based on what small pockets of people have done.

Why not say every remainer fucked a pig because david cameron did? Might as well..
Presvias wrote:"what bit isn't true"

All of it. It's a cross between misleading guile and flat out slander/libel, isn't it?

Of course not. They do stink. They do dye their hair. They don't practise what they preach.

They're hypocrites.

All that is true. They are now beginning to reap what they have sown.

You like snapping at things/folks that rile you up and you were taking some frustration out here. Just like when you said you wish great ill on the Brexiteers. :lol:

What's wrong with that?

They voted for it, so they should get all the ills from it.

You need to look at these matters calmly and logically.

You seemed to support people breaking the law without being arrested for doing it.

That is not good, presvias, is it?

Why do _I like to put people in boxes? :lol: You said elsewhere that you support Swinson's position/+ revoke.

I do. I'd vote for the Lib-Dems for that reason alone.
I also said, whoever should become our next PM is temporary, but Brexit is a shit shambles forever.

Your putting the XR movement into boxes based on what small pockets of people have done.

Huh. It's obvious you aren't a Londoner. It's not small pockets, it's all of them.

Why not say every remainer fucked a pig because david cameron did? Might as well..

But that wouldn't be true, so why would I say that?

You aren't thinking straight.
snapdragon wrote:Of course not. They do stink. They do dye their hair. They don't practise what they preach.

They're hypocrites.

All that is true. They are now beginning to reap what they have sown.

:lol: And so are you and the LD remainers, all of those things... jeez. This is just amusing now.

What's wrong with that?

They voted for it, so they should get all the ills from it.

You need to look at these matters calmly and logically.

:lol: This is hysterically funny stuff you know.. calmly and logically was a particular tickler...

You seemed to support people breaking the law without being arrested for doing it.

That is not good, presvias, is it?

It's not, which is why I didn't. I said they're willing to face the consequences for their actions.

You do understand the difference? Don't worry, I know this site is crawling with nutters who want to set cops on fire, I'm not one of them so.. don't try and box me in as you're accusing me of doing. In fact, Orthodox are forced to follow the law to the letter, so once again you couldn't have been further from the truth. 8)

I do. I'd vote for the Lib-Dems for that reason alone.
I also said, whoever should become our next PM is temporary, but Brexit is a shit shambles forever.

Correct, you did. ;)

Huh. It's obvious you aren't a Londoner. It's not small pockets, it's all of them.

So you've met all of them have you? I left in 2013 and live by the coast now..

But that wouldn't be true, so why would I say that?

You aren't thinking straight.

Once again, pricelessness coming from you re not thinking straight. Okay, that's enough amusement for now I think.. :lol:
Extinction Rebellion has won a High Court challenge against the Metropolitan Police over a London-wide ban on protests. The police imposed a four-day ban last month, prohibiting two or more people from the group taking part in protests dubbed the 'autumn uprising'. However, judges have ruled that the ban was "unlawful" and officers had no power to impose it. Lawyers for the group described the police action as "hastily imposed". They say the Met Police now faces claims for false imprisonment from "potentially hundreds" of protestors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50316561

This means people going about their lawful business can expect to sit in traffic jams for hours causing more pollution as these deluded muppets block roads.
Godstud wrote:@Red Rackham Democracy sure sucks, doesn't it? :lol:

Democracy! 3½ years ago the world saw that the UK voted to leave the EU. How the hell can anyone in this country talk off democracy?

Getting back to the deluded muppets who seem to think they're on a mission from God. The UK produces 1% of global CO2 emissions, China produces 60% of global CO2 emissions.

Extinction rebellion are deluded dickheads who would receive more public support if they took their demonstrations to problem countries. Incidentally, are you aware that Germany are building new coal fired power stations that Merkel says will be on-line until 2038. Germany also employs c45,000 people in the coal extraction industry but they cant satisfy demand, so Germany imports c50 million tonnes of Russian/Columbian coal every year. The UK coalfield has been shut down for years and almost all our coalfired power stations are closed. The UK is not the problem. The government could switch off UK Plc right now and it would make not a jot of difference to global warming. Extinction rebellion are clueless.

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]