Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:Where does that say that giving people homes is going to keep things below one degree?

I think the point is that it will not do a damn bit of good for climate change, because it is all nonsense.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is nonsense to help the poor?

I think the Bible says something about that....

He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, And He will pay back what he has given.
(Proverbs 19:17 NKJV)

For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good...
(Mark 14:7 NKJV)

Praise the Lord
Pants-of-dog wrote:So we agree that it was one of Jesus’ teachings to help the poor, and thus it is not nonsense for all real Christians.

I don't recall anyone saying it was nonsense, if you wished to help the poor.
Greta is just a hood ornament for a big green eco-imperialist machine. They want to eco-gulag you, they're gonna make you eat bugs and force you to stop taking showers, and when you finally die of green austerity they're gonna fertilize the soybeans with your corpse.
@Hindsite You've got a pretty messed up interpretation there... :knife:

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

— Proverbs 31:8-9

Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court, for the Lord will take up their case and will exact life for life.

— Proverbs 22:22-23

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you"—when you already have it with you.

— Proverbs 3:27-28

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

— Proverbs 11:25

It is a sin to despise one’s neighbor, but blessed is the one who is kind to the needy.

— Proverbs 14:21

Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

— Proverbs 14:31

Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.

— Proverbs 19:17

The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.

— Proverbs 22:9

Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.

— Proverbs 28:27

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

— Psalm 9:9

The wicked go down to the realm of the dead, all the nations that forget God. But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

— Psalm 9: 17-18

“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the Lord. “I will protect them from those who malign them.”

— Psalm 12:5

My whole being will exclaim, “Who is like you, Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.”

— Psalm 35:10

With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him. For he stands at the right hand of the needy, to save their lives from those who would condemn them.

— Psalm 109:30-31

I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.

— Psalm 140:12

May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness. May he defend the afflicted among the people and save the children of the needy; may he crush the oppressor.

— Psalm 72:3-4

For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in his sight.

— Psalm 72:12-14

https://www.compassion.com/poverty/what ... overty.htm
Sivad wrote:Greta is just a hood ornament for a big green eco-imperialist machine. They want to eco-gulag you, they're gonna make you eat bugs and force you to stop taking showers, and when you finally die of green austerity they're gonna fertilize the soybeans with your corpse.

When you're so woke you're literally parroting the same dumb shit Sebastian Gorka and all the C-tier rightwing grifters say lmbo.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Where does that say that giving people homes is going to keep things below one degree?

Wait, what ?

We already crossed one degree ?!?!?

Is Greta Thunberg trying to become an international terrorist leader who is encouraging global warming kook movements to engage in antifa like criminal activities?

Greta Thunberg suggests Extinction Rebellion protesters should break the law during demonstrations

Greta Thunberg has told Extinction Rebellion (XR) protesters that they should consider breaking the law so they can continue their demonstrations.

Police this week imposed a section 14 order on XR, meaning any group of two or more people linked to the group’s Autumn Uprising is banned.

The move, which was taken after Londoners began to grow irritated by the disruption on the streets, was swiftly condemned by human rights groups and London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

Now, teenage climate change campaigner Greta has suggested XR protestors continue on regardless.

She said: “If standing up against the climate and ecological breakdown and for humanity is against the rules then the rules must be broken.”

Her comments come on the day that commuters at Canning Town angrily fought back against XR protesters who had climbed on top of a tube during rush hour.

Video footage from the scene showed people on the platform pull protesters down by their feet, leading to scuffles in the crowd and eight arrests.
maz wrote:I do not have a transcript or any additional information.

...and since the only thing we have is your quote that admittedly does not say what you claim it does, we can dismiss that particular argument of yours.

Also, Thunberg is merely saying that people should continue to protest for climate change. Not exactly criminal.

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]