Canadian Federal Election - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
People with conflicting national loyalties shouldn't run for leadership of a country. I think you can agree with that, can you not?
Stormsmith wrote:How's the tattoo coming.

Not bad.

I'm going to get some touch-up done, and then I still have to do the eyes. I originally thought they were green but, after looking at the photo again, I saw they were yellow. I'm going to have them done in blue because my Dad had blue eyes...
Godstud wrote:People with conflicting national loyalties shouldn't run for leadership of a country. I think you can agree with that, can you not?

According to the story at the link you posted he's renouncing his US citizenship.

As I said before, that should answer any questions regarding his loyalties...
Godstud wrote:You live in USA, don't you? Why are you commenting our OUR elections? If you followed your own rules, you and @BigSteve, you'd mind your own fucking business.

Yeah, but since you can't seem to shut your pie hole about our elections, we figure we'll just return the favor...
As far as I can see, the NDP and the Greens are the only party who are envisioning a Canada that does not rely on fossil fuels either economically or as a power source.

But it is also true taht most Canadians do not actually care that much about climate change. So it will be the usual two choices.

Realistically, the best to hope for would be a minority Liberal government with the NDP and Greens as kingmakers. Bernier’s party can simply take votes away from the Conservatives.

If Scheer gets in, we will see a lot of administrative attacks on anyone who is not a rich white hetero male. He will, like Harper did, avoid legislative discussion about it.
Stormsmith wrote:You and I are in the same boat here, my dear. Handsome Justin hasn't been too bad, but this time i'm going Green. I wasn't too pleased with Elizabth Mae's election, but she's won twice, hasn't made a cock- up in a tin hat of it, and we need climate reform now.

And you're right, we have debt of which 4 or 5%is foreign-owned. The balance is held by The Bank of Mom. Still miffed by Harper, though. A Billion bucks for a fake lake for a 3 day economic do in the country with the most fresh water in the world, grrrrr

Um, more than 5%.......... but your ongoing ctemper tantrum about harper is amusing. :D

What about that nutcase crackhead mayor? He was a laugh...you guys do give us some entertainment. :p
The crack smoking mayor is dead. His brother is the premier of Ontario and has set up a snitch line for kids to call if their teachers say anything nice about LGBTQs.
BigSteve wrote:Yeah, but since you can't seem to shut your pie hole about our elections, we figure we'll just return the favor...
So a hypocrite, in other words. Nice to hear you admit it.

I've not said SHIT about your up-coming election still a year away. :knife: FFS, you still don't even know who is running in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looked at your electoral maps a bit ago.

How accurate is the polling? Never realized it was so solidly blue in the west and so solidly bloc quebecoise in quebec.

It all looks so heavily divided in Canada, like different parts of the country are deeply deeply entrenched in their views. Apparently you're really having trouble with secessionist canuckednecks in the west, and quebecoise in the east; and part of that campaign is funded by far right americanskij and the russians.. It's going to be a painful campaign by the looks of it; Trudeau is one of the few genuinely lib libs in da western wurld. Such forces benefit from seeing the demise of him and 'the horse he rode in on'. :hmm:
Scheer is not an idiot, nor was he in suspended animation. If he was serious about reneging his American citizenship he could have started that process years ago, gone slowly and had it finished long before this election.

Presvias wrote:How accurate is the polling? Never realized it was so solidly blue in the west and so solidly bloc quebecoise in quebec.

There is, or was, something of a mantra that to get support in Quebec you (your leader) had to be from Quebec. The only time I can recall a Party getting widespread support in Quebec with out its leader being from there, is the NDP under Jack Layton - and he was special. Alberta is generally Conservative unless they feel like punishing the Cons. The rest of the Prairies/West are a bit more varied. The Maritimes (provinces East of Quebec) .. last election there was a spat between the Provincial Cons and the Federal Cons, so the provincial Cons endorced the Federal Liberals who then swept those provinces.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_o ... _summaries

September 15 was a month+ before voting, I would say that reflects sentiment rather than actual intended voting pattern. Having 2.5 alternative parties makes me think strategic voting would be brutally effective, but so many parties might make the atmosphere less divided and thus less pressure for strategic voting. I got no predictions on this.
Godstud wrote: you still don't even know who is running in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure I do.

Donald Trump, and everyone who loses...
Godstud wrote:My loyalties lie solely with Canada. I am not trying to become a Thai citizen, and I have already voted in the upcoming election because I have investments in Canada, a home, and I pay my taxes like any other Canadian citizen. Thailand cannot call me into national service, like the USA can do with Scheer.

Scheer has stalled on giving up his citizenship. That much is true, as well.

Your Ad hominem fails of course, because you put zero thought into it.

Also, I don't live in Bangkok.

You live in USA, don't you? Why are you commenting our OUR elections? If you followed your own rules, you and @BigSteve, you'd mind your own fucking business. :D

Edit: I served in the Canadian infantry when I was younger. I am and always will be, Canadian.

Hypocrisy projection 101

Really LOL do you have any sense of humor at all ? Little too serious there bud. But.... Yea you sold us on your loyalties.LOL I usually look at you Canadians like the friendly neighborhood downs syndrome kids, occasional some have anger and violence issues.

You got to kidding on the commentary LOL so you are for Canada's racist president to be re-elected? Talk about hypocrisy you sure have a lot to say (make up about president Trump and racism). By the way what do you think about Obama's meddling in Canada's election process?

Your post hasn't helped your credibility on this issue at all apologies if that was a sore spot I was really just teasing but apparently I hit a nerve.

chill man you are going to stroke out have fun

Canada's PM made a few mistakes 18 years ago. Everyone does. That doesn't make him a racist now, unless you're a stupid twat, who doesn't know shit.

The rest of your commentary is typical of an adolescent American child.
Godstud wrote:Canada's PM made a few mistakes 18 years ago. Everyone does. That doesn't make him a racist now, unless you're a stupid twat, who doesn't know shit.

The rest of your commentary is typical of an adolescent American child.

Yea I'm sure you have been completely consistent with that tought process when commenting on American politics. We should check out the Kavanaugh thread. LOL

Godstud wrote:Your Ad hominem fails of course, because you put zero thought into it.

If anything you are a consistent liberal, hypocrisy no matter what country they live in.

I'm curious which candidate running for president of Canada isn't a racist?

have a great day !
Finfinder wrote:Yea I'm sure you have been completely consistent with that tought process when commenting on American politics. We should check out the Kavanaugh thread. LOL
Trudeau didn't do anything that could be construed as ILLEGAL. Rape is a criminal offense. Being stupid, and going black-face, is not a criminal offense. I like how you compare the two as being the same, or similar enough to compare. It shows your lack of mental acuity, and hideous right-wing bias.

Finfinder wrote:I'm curious which candidate running for president of Canada isn't a racist?
We don't have any racists running for President of Canada, because we don't elect a President. :moron:

Have a good night.
Godstud wrote:Trudeau didn't do anything that could be construed as ILLEGAL. Rape is a criminal offense. Being stupid, and going black-face, is not a criminal offense. I like how you compare the two as being the same, or similar enough to compare. It shows your lack of mental acuity, and hideous right-wing bias.

We don't have any racists running for President of Canada, because we don't elect a President. :moron:

Have a good night.

So the shoes is on the other foot and you don't like it. I get it liberals get a free pass two sets of rules, at least it's on the record here for all to see. Not that everybody doesn't already know.

What do you think about Obama meddling in Canada's election process?
Finfinder wrote:What do you think about Obama meddling in Canada's election process?

He commented on it.

Do you think people from the USA should not be commenting on the Canadian election?
Godstud wrote:Trudeau didn't do anything that could be construed as ILLEGAL. Rape is a criminal offense. Being stupid, and going black-face, is not a criminal offense. I like how you compare the two as being the same, or similar enough to compare. It shows your lack of mental acuity, and hideous right-wing bias.

Kavanagh never raped anyone. Suggesting he did shows your lack of mental acuity and hideous left-wing bias...

We don't have any racists running for President of Canada, because we don't elect a President.

But you have some running for Prime Minister, yes?
Pants-of-dog wrote:He commented on it.

Do you think people from the USA should not be commenting on the Canadian election?

Godstud certainly seems to feel that way...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]