Election 2020 - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
late wrote:Got anything to back that up?

Didn't think so.

Well, President Trump didn't actually fire her, he just replaced her by appointing a new ambassador to Ukraine.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
Well, President Trump didn't actually fire her, he just replaced her by appointing a new ambassador to Ukraine.

That's the problem with pretending fiction is fact, ain't it.

Ya got bupkus.
By Hindsite
late wrote:That's the problem with pretending fiction is fact, ain't it.

Ya got bupkus.

It still is the fact that President Trump had the right to fire that woman ambassador that was bad mouthing him to Ukraine, but he chose to just replace her and leave the firing decision to his Secretary of State. She is a holdover from the Obama administration and obviously has Trump Derangement Syndrome.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
It still is the fact that President Trump had the right to fire that woman ambassador that was bad mouthing him to Ukraine, but he chose to just replace her and leave the firing decision to his Secretary of State. She is a holdover from the Obama administration and obviously has Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You babble.

The topic is an abuse of power. To do that, he needed to get the responsible people out of the way.

Btw, she's a career diplomat, she joined the Foreign Service in 1986. Meaning she's not political.

Trump admitted it, we have witnesses, and the arrests have already started. Not only do you not have a leg to stand on, you are missing torso, arms, and head.

You have nothing.
By Hindsite
late wrote:You babble.

The topic is an abuse of power. To do that, he needed to get the responsible people out of the way.

Btw, she's a career diplomat, she joined the Foreign Service in 1986. Meaning she's not political.

Trump admitted it, we have witnesses, and the arrests have already started. Not only do you not have a leg to stand on, you are missing torso, arms, and head.

You have nothing.

Wow, you are really far out there if you think a career diplomat can not be political. I feel sorry for you.
By jimjam
I'll vote for Ed the talking horse before i'd vote for Donald :lol: .
By Potemkin
jimjam wrote:I'll vote for Ed the talking horse before i'd vote for Donald :lol: .

Ed the talking horse is running for President...? :eek:

Awesome! Where do I vote? :D
By Drlee
Oh tell me it ain't so!

Not another one of these for president!

By colliric
"Hillary Clinton suggests Russia is 'grooming' Tulsi Gabbard to run as a third-party candidate" https://twitter.com/i/events/1185275718780870656

What a bitch. Didn't win, still chucking a "Russians did it" tantrum over it.

Now accusing one of the Democrats best candidates and most talented young blood(Gabbard will be back later even if she doesn't win this one) of being affiliated with Russia. Lol.

Gabbard's full response:

Killery also threw shade yet again at Jill Stein because why not? lol.
By jimjam
Thus far in office, Mr. Trump has acted against the national interest by maintaining his financial interests in his company and using the presidential podium to promote it; obstructed legitimate investigations into his conduct by the special counsel, Robert Mueller, and Congress; attacked the free press; given encouragement to white nationalists; established a de facto religious test for immigrants; undermined foreign alliances and emboldened American rivals; demanded personal loyalty from subordinates sworn to do their duty to the Constitution; and sent his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, around the world to conduct what could most charitably be described as shadow foreign policy with Mr. Trump’s personal benefit as its lodestar.

Mr. Trump still feels so well-protected by his party that he has just named his own golf resort as the site for the next Group of 7 summit in 2020, a brazen act of self-dealing.
By annatar1914
jimjam wrote:Thus far in office, Mr. Trump has acted against the national interest by maintaining his financial interests in his company and using the presidential podium to promote it; obstructed legitimate investigations into his conduct by the special counsel, Robert Mueller, and Congress; attacked the free press; given encouragement to white nationalists; established a de facto religious test for immigrants; undermined foreign alliances and emboldened American rivals; demanded personal loyalty from subordinates sworn to do their duty to the Constitution; and sent his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, around the world to conduct what could most charitably be described as shadow foreign policy with Mr. Trump’s personal benefit as its lodestar.

Mr. Trump still feels so well-protected by his party that he has just named his own golf resort as the site for the next Group of 7 summit in 2020, a brazen act of self-dealing.

It's all Personal now, JJ. From all the Oligarchs everywhere, including the Bidens and Clintons. ''The Powerful do what they will, the weak suffer as they must...''. In fact, it's probably always been so everywhere and always. Not saying it's right, or wrong, but it simply IS the way of the World, and the Institutions just aren't capable of protecting themselves nor were they ever really meant to be.
By colliric
@jimjam

Your presidency has been compromised by personal interests for decades now. Blame Nixon if you want to for setting the bar so low with Watergate and the various other scandals.

Trump is no different to any other modern president, he just has more money than usual.
By Drlee
Trump is no different to any other modern president, he just has more money than usual.

No. Just no. He is way different.

Don't ask me. Ask any world leader out there. You can't get away with that excuse. This past week has been staggering. Nothing like it in US history. I know you want to troll us by supporting him but trolling it is Colliric. This guys actions are appalling.

But you can defend him if you like. He is not the real story. The real story is that the republican party has been taken hostage by Trump. The real story is not the failure of one narcissist. The real story is that the entire republican majority in the Senate is absolutely unwilling to do anything about it. If you are looking for a culprit look for McSally of Arizona and Moscow Mitch and....name your republican senator.
By colliric
Drlee wrote:No. Just no. He is way different.

(Classic presidents) He's not a flat-out murderer and slavery supporter like Andrew Jackson was.....

(Modern)He hasn't taken a blowjob(from a woman other than Melania at least!) in the Oval Office yet.....

I could go on. But I'll just list my two favourite Presidential fuck ups as there's too many other scandals to mention.... Iran-Contra and the Bush family being in business with Bin Laden family, are a few.

Nothing like it in US History

Lol.... The President has been a convicted murderer in the past. Lol.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Thus far in office, Mr. Trump has acted against the national interest by maintaining his financial interests in his company and using the presidential podium to promote it; obstructed legitimate investigations into his conduct by the special counsel, Robert Mueller, and Congress; attacked the free press; given encouragement to white nationalists; established a de facto religious test for immigrants; undermined foreign alliances and emboldened American rivals; demanded personal loyalty from subordinates sworn to do their duty to the Constitution; and sent his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, around the world to conduct what could most charitably be described as shadow foreign policy with Mr. Trump’s personal benefit as its lodestar.

The Democrats have still not come up with a crime by Trump that they can impeach him on. They are still digging behind closed doors for one.
Praise the Lord.
By jimjam
Potemkin wrote:Ed the talking horse is running for President...? :eek:

Awesome! Where do I vote? :D

Last I heard Ed was negotiating with the Democrats to be allowed to participate in their next debate. If they refuse, Ed says he will run as a third party candidate which would peel off support of the Democrat candidate by Armenians and Oatmeal Eaters of America.

source: the internet :lol:
By jimjam
annatar1914 wrote:It's all Personal now, JJ. From all the Oligarchs everywhere, including the Bidens and Clintons. ''The Powerful do what they will, the weak suffer as they must...''. In fact, it's probably always been so everywhere and always. Not saying it's right, or wrong, but it simply IS the way of the World, and the Institutions just aren't capable of protecting themselves nor were they ever really meant to be.

Agree 100% but …………. what you leave out is the question of degree. The degree of rancid behavior served up by the oligarchs ebbs and flows. When, to use an extreme example, millions of one minority or another are placed into concentration camps and gassed I posit that that is unacceptable …… to say the least.
By blackjack21
late wrote:Lawrence, on Last Word tonite pointed out that we've never had an election running at the same time as an impeachment.

That's because nobody ever thought they could get away with it until Pelosi and Schiff-for-brains thought it was a good political strategy.

late wrote:Btw, a Trump insider, Fiona Hill, is going to testify before Congress next week. Not sure but I think she is going to be the first insider to tell the truth to Congress.

It's pointless. The transcript was released.

late wrote:You see, in Watergate, the first time a Nixon insider told the truth, it kinda blew minds from coast to coast. This could be big.

I'm sure the House Intelligence Committee's minds will be blown and they will tell us all about it. However, they are conducting their hearings in secret. So our minds will not be blown.

maz wrote:But did you have child trannies back in the 1960's and 70's though?

It was still cool back then to make fun of transsexuals.

Verv wrote:The more that the Democrats decide that they are the party that embraces this fringe, the more that they will lose what Charlie Kirk has called the "beer" (not wine) Democrats.

That's why the impeachent thing is going on in spite of the absence of a crime. Trump rallies are packed. Why? They aren't all filled exclusively with Republicans. The Minnesota rally was said to be 60% independents and Democrats. As bombastic as Trump is, the difference between Trump rallies and Democrat debates is a contrast between normal people and a freak show.

late wrote:Btw, she's a career diplomat, she joined the Foreign Service in 1986. Meaning she's not political.

Bad mouthing the president is political. All career civil service people are admonished to support the policy even if they disagree with it or resign.

jimjam wrote:I'll vote for Ed the talking horse before i'd vote for Donald :lol: .

I'll vote for Donald Trump before any of the Democrats, except maybe Tulsi Gabbard. The only thing that would get me to not vote for Trump otherwise is if we had a midget nominee. My intersectionality is such that I think we need a midget for president.

colliric wrote:What a bitch. Didn't win, still chucking a "Russians did it" tantrum over it.

Yeah, and Jill Stein is a Russian asset too. :lol: Hillary is so fucking crazy. Good God! I'm so glad she didn't win!

jimjam wrote:Thus far in office, Mr. Trump has acted against the national interest by maintaining his financial interests in his company and using the presidential podium to promote it

Really jimjam? You think the fate of the United States depends on Trump divesting of some hotels and golf courses?

jimjam wrote:Thus far in office, Mr. Trump has acted against the national interest by maintaining his financial interests in his company and using the presidential podium to promote it

Mueller's own report found otherwise.

jimjam wrote:attacked the free press

So? They attack him. They're corrupt too. The email hacks revealed all sorts of collusion between the DNC and the media.

jimjam wrote:given encouragement to white nationalists

He condemned them.

jimjam wrote:established a de facto religious test for immigrants

He prevented immigration from failed states--most of them majority Muslim.

jimjam wrote:undermined foreign alliances and emboldened American rivals

Which ones and how?

jimjam wrote:demanded personal loyalty from subordinates sworn to do their duty to the Constitution

Insubordination is a firing offense.

jimjam wrote:and sent his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, around the world to conduct what could most charitably be described as shadow foreign policy with Mr. Trump’s personal benefit as its lodestar.

Giuliani hasn't been setting US foreign policy anywhere. He's investigating the origins of the Russia hoax.

jimjam wrote:Mr. Trump still feels so well-protected by his party that he has just named his own golf resort as the site for the next Group of 7 summit in 2020, a brazen act of self-dealing.

Which he's offering at cost, so it is a net cost savings to all parties involved.

Drlee wrote:The real story is that the entire republican majority in the Senate is absolutely unwilling to do anything about it.

That's because the masses will vote them out of office if they do. Impeachment is political, and Trump has powerful grass roots support. He's the only candidate able to fill arenas to overflow.

Drlee wrote:If you are looking for a culprit look for McSally of Arizona and Moscow Mitch and....name your republican senator.

That's it Drlee. You're on to us. We're all working for the FSB now! Gorkiy Gabbard, Soviet Stein, Dnieper Donald, Moscow Mitch, Molotov McCarthy! You name it! We're all Russian assets. Tens of millions of us! It's a good thing Nabokov Nunes figured out their angle, or all the American patriots would have put a stop to us!

foxdemon wrote:Those darn Russians! :lol:

It's a freaking comedy show isn't it? This was a pretty funny Star Wars reference too.

jimjam wrote:The degree of rancid behavior served up by the oligarchs ebbs and flows. When, to use an extreme example, millions of one minority or another are placed into concentration camps and gassed I posit that that is unacceptable …… to say the least.

How do you feel about oligarchs lamenting pulling troops out of Syria, but not having the courage to authorize US military forces to be there in the first place?
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
That's because nobody ever thought they could get away with it until Pelosi and Schiff-for-brains thought it was a good political strategy.

Most of that is blatantly false, but I wanted to point out one thing.

Impeachment is a double edged sword. It's why Pelosi stayed away until opposing it was undermining her position. If you watch the way she talks about it, she still thinks it's going to blow up in her face.

Way too much kook aid, kid.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]