Ukrainegate - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SpecialOlympian
Trump's image and relatability are based on him being a big deal making tough guy and he has repeatedly gotten rolled and owned to the point where our nominal ally is outright mocking him.
By JohnRawls
SpecialOlympian wrote:Trump's image and relatability are based on him being a big deal making tough guy and he has repeatedly gotten rolled and owned to the point where our nominal ally is outright mocking him.

Turks don't vote in US elections. Americans do. Being a relatable person is very important in a lot of ways and it doesn't matter where it comes from. Obama won on a ticket of change. Obama was relatable to the black community although he studied in top schools and was in politics. Trump also won on a ticket of change of sorts. Trump is also relatable to the white community of US although he is rich as fuck and had a unique upbringing. Notice a trend here?

Why couldn't Mccain or Romney do it? Perhaps for the same reason Hillary couldn't?
By SpecialOlympian
I don't see how that's relevant to Trump being so inept that Turkey is rolling us in negotiations and outright mocking us but OK.
By JohnRawls
SpecialOlympian wrote:I don't see how that's relevant to Trump being so inept that Turkey is rolling us in negotiations and outright mocking us but OK.

Last time i checked there is a cease fire for now. What is going to happen in the future is unknown as of yet.
By Finfinder
SpecialOlympian wrote:Finfinder, is there some reason you would rather talk about the process (which you and all of PoFo's right wing either genuinely don't understand or pretend not to so as to keep the conversation on the process) than what Trump actually did?

Thank you for illustrating the point I made so well.

How are any of those relevant? Another country that Trump has caved to repeatedly is now openly mocking the president while they flout the agreement they made which gave them everything they wanted while shoving responsibility on to the US.

Trump is a weak ass old bitch lol.

I'm starting to think you don't like Trump

SO your track record isn't very good is there any prediction about Trump you have been correct about ?

so far 4 investigation mostly partisan and nothing. Only morons buy the spin.

ouch Yahoo news this ones going to leave a mark https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-diplomat-s ... 37671.html

A U.S. State Department official told impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he raised concerns about Hunter Biden’s involvement in a Ukrainian natural gas company in 2015, telling one of then vice president Joe Biden’s staffers that the arrangement may constitute a conflict of interest, the Washington Post reported Friday.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent testified that he worried Ukrainian officials would use Hunter Biden’s position at the company, Burisma Holdings, as an opportunity to influence his father. Kent said he tried to convey his opinion to Joe Biden’s office, but that a staffer told him the vice president didn’t have the “bandwidth” to address the issue because his other son, Beau, was battling cancer.

This is the first known instance in which a career diplomat tried to raise concerns regarding Hunter Biden’s business holdings in Ukraine. Several of Joe Biden’s former advisers also reportedly had discussions about whether his son’s business dealings could be seen as a conflict of interest.
By SpecialOlympian
If we're going to talk about corrupt failsons of politicians, I say we look at Kushner first. Did you know he had to amend his security clearance application repeatedly because he kept "forgetting" things? Normally, repeated omissions would result in federal felony charges. Don't you think it's odd that the president's step son received such favorable treatment? Or that he's now receiving hundreds of millions in investments from Chinese businesses?

Also is there some reason you don't want to talk about the actual investigation and keep trying to change the subject? I thank you for continuing to be a shining example of the point I have been making: that GOP members can not discuss the phone call because it is indefensible. Hence, their only option is to change the subject.
By Finfinder
SpecialOlympian wrote:If we're going to talk about corrupt failsons of politicians, I say we look at Kushner first. Did you know he had to amend his security clearance application repeatedly because he kept "forgetting" things? Normally, repeated omissions would result in federal felony charges. Don't you think it's odd that the president's step son received such favorable treatment? Or that he's now receiving hundreds of millions in investments from Chinese businesses?

Also is there some reason you don't want to talk about the actual investigation and keep trying to change the subject? I thank you for continuing to be a shining example of the point I have been making: that GOP members can not discuss the phone call because it is indefensible. Hence, their only option is to change the subject.

'
What would you like for me to talk about, it is being held it secret do you have some channels to information everyone else doesn't have. Are you bipartisan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Kushner is a career politician? I didn't know that I thought he was new at this.
By SpecialOlympian
Kushner is not a career politician. He's a failson who inherited his felon father's real estate business. He bought a large building that he's hundreds of millions of dollars underwater on because he bought it at the top of the real estate bubble. He is very, very financially vulnerable and compromised.
By BigSteve
SpecialOlympian wrote:If we're going to talk about corrupt failsons of politicians, I say we look at Kushner first. Did you know he had to amend his security clearance application repeatedly because he kept "forgetting" things? Normally, repeated omissions would result in federal felony charges.

It depends entirely on the type of clearance being pursued.

It's not unusual for people to forget to enter information on security clearance paperwork...
By Rancid
@Hindsite, @blackjack21,

Just curious. How is Trumps decision to host the G7 at his property acceptable, and the whole Biden thing not?
By SpecialOlympian
BigSteve wrote:It depends entirely on the type of clearance being pursued.

It's not unusual for people to forget to enter information on security clearance paperwork...

It is when they do it multiple times, as if they have something to hide :)

Don't you think that maybe we should investigate why Kushner kept omitting things from his security application, and who he is dealing with since he has large, obvious financial vulnerabilities :)

Rancid wrote:Just curious. How is Trumps decision to host the G7 at his property acceptable, and the whole Biden thing not?

Blatant violations of the emoluments clause own da libs, and therefore corruption is good.

Like c'mon Rancid you can't figure this shit out yet?
By BigSteve
SpecialOlympian wrote:It is when they do it multiple times, as if they have something to hide :)

Don't you think that maybe we should investigate why Kushner kept omitting things from his security application, and who he is dealing with since he has large, obvious financial vulnerabilities :)

Sure.

At the same time we investigate Biden's son to figure out how he landed a sweet job, for which he had exactly no qualifications, with an overseas company.

Sound good?
By blackjack21
Presvias wrote:Yeah Colbert is a smug liberal know it all douche but at least he's amusing.

Yeah, but late night television isn't what it used to be. Johnny Carson could pull in 6M+ viewers a night. He stayed away from politics for the larger audiences. None of the late night comics do that anymore, and they are lucky to break 2M viewers now.

Finfinder wrote:The interesting thing about this is Pelosi won't take a vote I wonder why LOL :lol:

She has over 20 people in districts Trump won, whose constituents don't want impeachment. Hence, she doesn't have the votes.

jimjam wrote:I guess legally/technically she does not have to but...………. realistically she is protecting some house members who may be hurt if they go on record.

Legally, she doesn't have to. However, impeachment is a political process and doing everything in secret looks bad. Preventing both sides from having subpoena power appears unfair. She can continue to do this, but I think it hurts her case.

SpecialOlympian wrote:The GOP doesn't want to talk about what Trump actually did so their only move is to try to talk about the investigation itself.

What Trump did is not illegal. In fact, it is well within his powers. The reason GOP pols don't want to talk about it is that many of them are probably compromised too by getting their kids jobs that they wouldn't have otherwise.

JohnRawls wrote:What about Clinton going batshit recently and saying that Russia has plants inside the Democratic party? Oh and the Greens are also Russian assets.

The neocons/neolibs and their Russia obsession apparently knows no bounds. Hillary thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset, because Gabbard doesn't want to go to war all the time. This is the same Hillary Clinton who opposed George W. Bush's troop surge in Iraq (which worked by the way).

jimjam wrote:Welcome to Donald in Wonderland :lol:

They just tripped Mulvaney up. Nothing interesting.

Finfinder wrote:LOL they are holding a secret star chamber to supersede an entire election without allowing the person to defend themselves nor the public to see what they are doing.

This is where I think the intelligence community does not understand the general public. There is no reason to keep this secret.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Finfinder, is there some reason you would rather talk about the process (which you and all of PoFo's right wing either genuinely don't understand or pretend not to so as to keep the conversation on the process) than what Trump actually did?

Do you have a problem with what Trump did? If so, why? He hasn't broken any laws.

JohnRawls wrote:Why couldn't Mccain or Romney do it? Perhaps for the same reason Hillary couldn't?

The neolibs/neocons are total assholes. At one point or another, they really piss people off and those people remember it on election day.

SpecialOlympian wrote:If we're going to talk about corrupt failsons of politicians, I say we look at Kushner first. Did you know he had to amend his security clearance application repeatedly because he kept "forgetting" things? Normally, repeated omissions would result in federal felony charges. Don't you think it's odd that the president's step son received such favorable treatment? Or that he's now receiving hundreds of millions in investments from Chinese businesses?

I think it's strange we're hearing it from you and not from Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren.

SpecialOlympian wrote:that GOP members can not discuss the phone call because it is indefensible.

It's totally defensible. It's not even illegal. Looking into Biden's corruption is a duty of the POTUS.

Rancid wrote:How is Trumps decision to host the G7 at his property acceptable, and the whole Biden thing not?

Trump donates any profit from official visits to the US treasury. He doesn't have to do that, but he does. The issue with Biden is that he took an affirmative step to get a prosecutor fired who was investigating Burisma where his son was on the board of directors. Prior to the New York Times notifying Biden of the investigation, there had been no effort by Biden to fire the prosecutor in question. On its face, the Biden situation is a conflict of interest, and it's possible that laws were broken. In the Trump case, as I said, he donates profits back to the treasury for official visits, so he technically gains nothing.
By Rancid
blackjack21 wrote:Trump donates any profit from official visits to the US treasury. He doesn't have to do that, but he does

Do you trust he donates 100% of the profits?
By blackjack21
Rancid wrote:Do you trust he donates 100% of the profits?

Yes. Like I said, he doesn't have to. It's not an emolument from a foreign state. It's simply utilizing a service. The protocol for that is ensuring that the pricing is in line with the market. Normal profits are allowed. Economic profits are not.
By Rancid
blackjack21 wrote:Yes. Like I said, he doesn't have to. It's not an emolument from a foreign state. It's simply utilizing a service. The protocol for that is ensuring that the pricing is in line with the market. Normal profits are allowed. Economic profits are not.

Do you believe there is a system in place to audit to make sure pricing is in line with the markets such that "normal profits" are ensured?
By Hindsite
Rancid wrote:@Hindsite, @blackjack21,

Just curious. How is Trumps decision to host the G7 at his property acceptable, and the whole Biden thing not?

Hosting the G7 at cost means the Trump organization makes no profit from it. However, Biden threatened to withhold a billion in U.S. aid money to Ukraine if they did not immediately fire the prosecutor that was investigating corruption by the Company that Biden's son had been given a board position on so his son could make large profits. Also Biden apparently made no demand for China to change their unfair trade policies with the U.S. in exchange for the Chinese government giving his son over a billion dollars to invest for them in the U.S. which also provide profits for Biden's son.
By SpecialOlympian
Rancid wrote:Do you believe there is a system in place to audit to make sure pricing is in line with the markets such that "normal profits" are ensured?

You don't understand. Having charitable donations to the government that pass through the President's privately owned corporation, which is not publicly traded and therefore does not release quarterly reports detailing its Generally Accepted Accounting Practices, owns da libz.

It's a fairly simple concept. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I, as an idiot boomer, can hide behind the President's false promises and use them as a bad faith argument. It's win-win.

I get to make bad faith arguments about the honest dealings of one President Donald Trump and also it undermines the government I hate because it legalized gay marriage, which radicalized me for some reason. It's win-win!!! Ka-ching, baby!!! Trump gets to pocket a simple "Administrative Fee" and also I get a prepackaged rhetorical shield that the struggling neurons of my decaying boomer brain can make sense of so I can own da libz!

You can't put a price on owning da libz. Of all the vices, it's the only joy left to me in life as my rotting corpus slowly fails while I enjoy the mummification process of sitting on a Lay-Z-Boy, the finest brand of chair I could aspire to own in life, while watching Fox News. Please admire the brand of chair I own.

Win-Win!!!
By blackjack21
Rancid wrote:Do you believe there is a system in place to audit to make sure pricing is in line with the markets such that "normal profits" are ensured?

Yes. It's done through the General Services Administration. Usually these are multiple award schedule contracts. So pricing is always compared among competing vendors, as there are many. They are all discounts from their regular market pricing too. What Trump is actually doing is saving the taxpayer money. That's the irony of this storyline, because if they weren't using Trump properties the prices would certainly be higher. They are just discounting the MAS price so that there is no profit. The government is getting it at cost, thereby saving the taxpayers money.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]