Ukrainegate - Page 35 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Finfinder
late wrote:Thanks, that wasn't a classic, but it did make me smile.

Sorry that I have to keep saying this, but this is a lot like Watergate. That isn't moving goalposts, it's pointing out the obvious...

You are fabricating what the Mueller reports purpose was to fit talking points. Four investigations mostly partisan have found nothing. This is just another one. It is all projection from the left.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
You are fabricating what the Mueller reports purpose was to fit talking points. Four investigations mostly partisan have found nothing. This is just another one. It is all projection from the left.

Actually, they found plenty, and more keeps getting revealed.

If Trump was a Dem, he'd have been impeached on numerous counts already.

But enjoy the fantasy while you can. I look forward to the schadenfreude.
By BigSteve
late wrote:Actually, they found plenty, and more keeps getting revealed.

You think the Democratic house would impeach a Democrat President??

LOLOL!!
By late
BigSteve wrote:
You think the Democratic house would impeach a Democrat President??

Impeachment usually requires a few voted from the other side.
By Finfinder
late wrote:Actually, they found plenty, and more keeps getting revealed.

ummmmm I'm not the one in the fantasy world they released 99% of the Mueller report just like the telephone call I posted today. You guys are hilarious you'd argue a blank sheet of paper isn't white. This is the problem with the left they think everyone is stupid and once again they are projecting.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
ummmmm I'm not the one in the fantasy world they released 99% of the Mueller report just like the telephone call I posted today. You guys are hilarious you'd argue a blank sheet of paper isn't white. This is the problem with the left they think everyone is stupid and once again they are projecting.

Trump keeps admitting it on national tv, and you guys keep pretending it didn't happen.

Everyone is stupid... Everyone.

Stupidity is infinite, you can overcome parts of it, but it involves making an effort.
By BigSteve
late wrote:Impeachment usually requires a few voted from the other side.

No, impeachment requires only a simply majority; 218 votes.

It requires a 2/3 majority of the Senate to convict the President and remove him from office...
By Finfinder
late wrote:Trump keeps admitting it on national tv, and you guys keep pretending it didn't happen.

Everyone is stupid... Everyone.

Stupidity is infinite, you can overcome parts of it, but it involves making an effort.

I don't think so you have the transcript I posted it. Yet you fail to mention how Joe Biden bribed the Ukraine and that act is on video tape.
By late
BigSteve wrote:
It requires a 2/3 majority of the Senate to convict the President and remove him from office...

Which is why it has to be bipartisan...

You have to wonder if the requirement is too high. No president has ever been removed, and if Trump has proven anything, it's that when you need to remove a president from office, it's that you need to be able to do it before WW3 breaks out.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
Yet you fail to mention how Joe Biden bribed the Ukraine and that act is on video tape.

"The intent makes the crime."

This is screamingly stupid, but that is the playbook these days.

Biden was part of an international effort to clean up Ukraine, a move that would help Ukraine and the West.

Trump was helping himself.
By Finfinder
late wrote:"The intent makes the crime."

This is screamingly stupid, but that is the playbook these days.

Biden was part of an international effort to clean up Ukraine, a move that would help Ukraine and the West.

Trump was helping himself.

What intent ?
By Stormsmith
Nancy Pelosi bided her time in moving forward with this impeachment investigation. Now, she not only has the congressional votes required, President Trump has behaved so atrociously senators might just use this as an opportunity to get rid of President Trump . This is what happened in Nixon's time: once the evidence became clear, his own party couldn't stand up for him any more, so President Nixon resigned.

I wonder if Nancy figured this might occur. I'll bet she never figured this much stuff would fall out so fast. This business of letting Turkey murder your allies should put the cap on things. Then again, kennelling kiddies didn't...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:If you're talking about Biden, though, yeah, the government failed by allowing him to coerce the Ukranian government while standing idly by...

So can you trust your government despite that failure?

blackjack21 wrote:Trump is not making a fortune using his hotels or golf courses for government use. That's a fact. If you think otherwise, you can file a complaint. If competitors want to offer their facilities at cost, they could petition to do that too. Most people don't compete for unprofitable business.

Have you audited the Trump orgs books? Where are these facts? Can you show them to us?

blackjack21 wrote:The deep state is generating propaganda and feeding it to news outlets to make it look like Trump is somehow violating the emoluments clause.

Where is this deep state?

blackjack21 wrote:There was a conflict of interest that Biden himself should have acknowledged and avoided. We don't know yet if the law was broken, but we know that there was a serious conflict of interest and a use of US power to fire a prosecutor. That may be criminal, and it may not be. Investigating that incident restores faith in government.

And you see no conflicts of interests with the G7 meeting? NO conflicts of interest with people staying at Trump hotels before meeting with Trump?
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:So can you trust your government despite that failure?

The one we have now, yes.

Remember, when Biden pulled his bullshit the boy king was on the throne. That's where the failure resides...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote: the boy king

Racist.

BigSteve wrote:
The one we have now, yes.

Remember, when Biden pulled his bullshit the boy king was on the throne. That's where the failure resides...

So it's contingent on who's president? Do you believe the executive branch wholly dictates the legitimacy of the government?
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:Racist.

What's racist is your ignorant assumption that "boy" was with regards to his race.

It's with regards to his age; relatively young compared to other Presidents...

So it's contingent on who's president?

No, not at all.

It's contingent on who's given me reason to be distrustful. Obama and his henchmen did that. Trump has not...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:It's with regards to his age; relatively young compared to other Presidents...

Does a presidents age matter if they are over 35?

BigSteve wrote:It's contingent on who's given me reason to be distrustful. Obama and his henchmen did that. Trump has not...

Then clearly you do not understand how power, influence and politics to work. You should already be distrustful.

Further, I'm guessing you do not believe checks and balances actually work then?
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:Does a presidents age matter if they are over 35?

Yes, I believe it does. With age comes experience. In the last 175 years only three people have been elected President before their 50th birthday.

So, yeah, a President that young is a rarity.

And, before you even ask, yes, I referred to Bill Clinton the same way...

Then clearly you do not understand how power, influence and politics to work. You should already be distrustful.

What a foolish thing to say...

Further, I'm guessing you do not believe checks and balances actually work then?

And, as you were incorrect above...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:What a foolish thing to say...

There is plenty of academic studies that show how power and politics work.

Here's a great book which is based on 20+ years of research. I'm sure you wouldn't read it though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dictator%27s_Handbook

If you did read it, you would realize you should not just be distrustful of the boy king (which I was distrustful of), but also your orange monkey (which I am distrustful of).

BigSteve wrote:And, as you were incorrect above...

I'm not surprised at this answer, as I think we're at the limits of your understanding of how things REALLY work.
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:There is plenty of academic studies that show how power and politics work.

Here's a great book which is based on 20+ years of research. I'm sure you wouldn't read it though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dictator%27s_Handbook

If you did read it, you would realize you should not just be distrustful of the boy king (which I was distrustful of), but also your orange monkey (which I am distrustful of).

I'm not surprised at this answer, as I think we're at the limits of your understanding of how things REALLY work.

Of course you believe that.

I have little interest in taking seriously anyone who uses a term like "orange monkey" yet who'd be the first one to scream "RACISM" if the word "monkey was used to describe the last President, and who sees the word "boy" and stupidly decide that it's appropriate to play the race card.

I'm comfortable knowing that I don't have to fear this government.

You go ahead and live in fear, though...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]