Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@maz

I am saying that you think they are.

And that you said the same thing about XR.

Now, while I understand why people are annoyed about the Tube thing, it is still not the violent and criminal behaviour that you are discussing.
snapdragon wrote:It was a very big deal for some people, POD.

Let's not try to get protesting banned, that's just a bad idea. Those people are idiots to put it mildly, I'm not allowed to say what I really think of those people, but they have every right to parade their idiocy in the streets and whatever problems that idiot parade caused for commuters are small potatoes compared to the problems that would be caused by prohibiting idiots from exercising their right to parade.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@maz

I am saying that you think they are.

And that you said the same thing about XR.

Now, while I understand why people are annoyed about the Tube thing, it is still not the violent and criminal behaviour that you are discussing.

No it was a blatant mis-characterization of what I posted, because nowhere did I mention violence. I did say criminal, and the activities that Extinction Rebellion engaged in have been deemed as criminal by law enforcement officials. Blocking roads, shutting down commerce and vandalism are criminal activities and police have banned their activities. Therefore they are now a criminal group.

You inserted the violence thing because you are very aware that antifa block road, vandalize, prevent people from going to work and try to disrupt commerce. They also beat people over the head with bike locks and other kinds of extreme violence. They are indeed violent criminals and I am just glad that you finally admitted to it.
maz wrote:I did say criminal, and the activities that Extinction Rebellion engaged in have been deemed as criminal by law enforcement officials.

Law enforcement officials aren't the ultimate arbiters of what constitutes criminal activity, they can investigate and accuse but they don't dictate what is and isn't criminal activity.

Blocking roads, shutting down commerce and vandalism are criminal activities and police have banned their activities. Therefore they are now a criminal group.

Not *necessarily:

In the criminal law of many nations, necessity may be either a possible justification or an exculpation for breaking the law. Defendants seeking to rely on this defense argue that they should not be held liable for their actions as a crime because their conduct was necessary to prevent some greater harm and when that conduct is not excused under some other more specific provision of law such as self defense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necessity_(criminal_law)
Sivad wrote:Law enforcement officials aren't the ultimate arbiters of what constitutes criminal activity, they can investigate and accuse but they don't dictate what is and isn't criminal activity.

Well perhaps you are right. I will have to go back and read the article a bit more carefully. I did come across an elderly member of Extinction Rebellion who is facing minor charges though.

I'm just glad that at least there appears to be some push back from the people in the UK against these kooks and their unfounded rumors about extinctions and wild conspiracy theories.
SpecialOlympian wrote:The idea of joining a march like Unite the Right, which you defended for murdering a woman, is beyond your emotional capabilities. You are too cowardly to join the March of the Khaki Klad Klansmen and shout, "The Jews will not replace us!" while brandishing a tiki torch.

The thing that you must come to terms with SpecialOlympian is that if your patron saint Heather Heyer, peace be upon her, had made better life choices such as taking care of her weight issues, not smoking menthol cigarettes, not aligning herself with antifa, not had blocked traffic, she very well might still be alive today.

maz wrote:The thing that you must come to terms with SpecialOlympian is that if your patron saint Heather Heyer, peace be upon her, had made better life choices such as taking care of her weight issues, not smoking menthol cigarettes, not aligning herself with antifa, not had blocked traffic, she very well might still be alive today.

I don't care about your dumb online nazi jokes Maz. You're a sad person, and the above quote makes me sad for you. Like, I think of all the life choices you made that led you to say what you said, and none of them are good, and all of them make you just really.... really pathetic.

I didn't even finish reading what I quoted before I thought, "Wow. Maz' life is really sad. Whiteness is literally all he has."

SSDR wrote:This is racist.

[Rule 3 deletion for racism - Prosthetic Conscience]
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 20 Oct 2019 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
I forgot that you are a staunch defender of James Fields, @maz :knife:

Heather Heyer did nothing wrong. The Nazi shit who murdered her, did. Attacking a victim. How low can you go, maz? :knife:

You're not funny, maz.
SpecialOlympian wrote:To be a race, they would have to be human. They are the malformed genetic experiment of Yakub, the evil black scientist who wanted to conquer the world.

So I am not a human? Do you have any evidence about the "genetic experiment?"
Godstud wrote:I forgot that you are a staunch defender of James Fields, @maz :knife:

Heather Heyer did nothing wrong. The Nazi shit who murdered her, did. Attacking a victim. How low can you go, maz? :knife:

I mean I suppose I can go pretty low, but at least you will never catch me preventing people from going about their day in order to force them to listen to wild conspiracy theories, unfounded rumors or some other fringe issue.
Awww, the poor babies inconvenienced by someone trying to do the right thing.

You're the conspiracy theorist, @maz. The science is quite clear, whether you believe it or not. Climate change isn't a "fringe issue". :knife:

Any more dumb things to say? I have all day! :lol:
maz wrote:I mean I suppose I can go pretty low, but at least you will never catch me preventing people from going about their day in order to force them to listen to wild conspiracy theories, unfounded rumors or some other fringe issue.

Are you arguing that anthropogenic climate change is a conspiracy theory?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you arguing that anthropogenic climate change is a conspiracy theory?

No that's just a scam that has just been debunked for years now.

The conspiracy theory I was referring to is the college level SJW 101 nonsense that Extinction Rebellion espouses; that all of the ills of the current world, including droughts, floods, mass migration and global temperature increasing to one-and-a-half degrees C have somehow come from white supremacy and the patriarchy.
maz wrote:No that's just a scam that has just been debunked for years now.

How was it debunked?

The conspiracy theory I was referring to is the college level SJW 101 nonsense that Extinction Rebellion espouses; that all of the ills of the current world, including droughts, floods, mass migration and global temperature increasing to one-and-a-half degrees C have somehow come from white supremacy and the patriarchy.

I see.

This is also not true, just like your previous claim that Gail Bradbrook wanted to keep warming below 1.5°C by abolishing white supremacy and the patriarchy.

Since her words have already been quoted in this thread, people can read for themselves and see what she actually has to say.
Climate change: Big lifestyle changes 'needed to cut emissions'

People must use less transport, eat less red meat and buy fewer clothes if the UK is to virtually halt greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, the government's chief environment scientist has warned.

Prof Sir Ian Boyd said the public had little idea of the scale of the challenge from the so-called Net Zero emissions target.

Sir Ian said polluting activities should incur more tax. He believes the Treasury should reform taxation policy to reward people with low-carbon lifestyles and nudge heavy consumers into more frugal patterns of behaviour.

He also believes Net Zero won't happen unless the government creates a Net Zero ministry to vet the policies of all government departments in the way the Brexit ministry vets Brexit-related decisions.

He confessed that he was not optimistic about the future of the planet because so many systems of government needed to change in a short time.

"We certainly won't be able to travel so much as we have in the past, so we have to get used to using modern communications methods.

"We've got to reduce demand to a much greater extent than we have in the past, and if we don't reduce demand we're not going to reduce emissions.

"Emissions are a symptom of consumption and unless we reduce consumption we'll not reduce emissions.

"It will very rarely come down to a direct message like 'sorry, you can't buy that but you can buy this'. But there will be stronger messages within the (tax) system that make one thing more attractive than the other."

He said UK government strategies were in place on air, environment, resources, waste, marine, and food. "[Ministers] need to be persuasive."

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-49499521

The net zero ministry is just Orwellian technocrat speak for the ministry of severe austerity. The technocrats will have you all eating bugs and living in collective eco-barracks by the end of the century.

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]