EU-BREXIT - Page 292 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
B0ycey wrote:Which Irish?

If tensions rise it affects everyone. And even this idea of the possibility of a United Ireland means the troubles begin again. Even Eire can't think that is a good thing.

Most Irish that care. There would be troubles right now perhaps, but they don't have to do anything right now, time works for them anyway. ;)
By ingliz
Beren wrote:If Brexit...

With 110 pages of legalese to trawl through and 125 pages of explanatory notes, all tied into the 585 page Withdrawal Bill (1) 2018, having only 12 hours to scrutinise a bill implementing such an enormous change in UK relations is ridiculous!

The programme motion will be voted down.

:lol:
By Rich
May and even more Boris have got the EU to compromise massively on their procedures. The EU have themselves telescoped procedures and are prepared to exit Britain without all details being finalised. Things that the EU said were impossible. The question is whether these concessions are actually useful. Brexocrites have been whining on and on for years, that EU legislation was not getting proper scrutiny by the British parliament, but now it turns out they don't give a damn about Parliamentary scrutiny of major legislation.

This should also expose their idiotic fantasy's about trade deals. How do they imagine that Britain and the US would ever pass a major trade deal, under proper scrutiny from the British parliament and the American Congress?

What's wrong with the DUP? Boris has given his word that this deal will not led to a border down the Irish sea, isn't that enough?
By Beren
ingliz wrote:With 110 pages of legalese to trawl through and 125 pages of explanatory notes, all tied into the 585 page Withdrawal Bill (1) 2018, having only 12 hours to scrutinise a bill implementing such an enormous change in UK relations is ridiculous!

However, I've found a perfect Cummingsian slogan and theme for the Johnsonian concept of the future: "Let's be pirates!" :excited:

It follows the rhythm and 1-1-2 structure of "Take back control!" :D

By Potemkin
Beren wrote:https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas/status/1186557199990087685?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1186557199990087685&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2Fblog%2Flive%2F2019%2Foct%2F22%2Fbrexit-boris-johnson-deal-leave-eu-live-news

However, I've found a perfect Cummingsian slogan and theme for the Johnsonian concept of the future: "Let's be pirates!" :excited:

It follows the rhythm and 1-1-2 structure of "Take back control!" :D

What could be more British than pirates? :D

Yaaaarrrghhhh, me hearties!! :excited:
By Rich
Potemkin wrote:What could be more British than pirates? :D

interestingly pirates were an early example of Black privilege. When captured White pirates were usually executed, where as the lives of Black pirates were often spared.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:What could be more British than pirates? :D

However, Her Majesty's "privateers" looked like this actually:

ImageImageImage
And they were English, not British. ;)

By Potemkin
Beren wrote:And they were English, not British. ;)

Incorrect, my dear sir. :)

Scottish pirates
By Cookie Monster
ingliz wrote:With 110 pages of legalese to trawl through and 125 pages of explanatory notes, all tied into the 585 page Withdrawal Bill (1) 2018, having only 12 hours to scrutinise a bill implementing such an enormous change in UK relations is ridiculous!

Beren wrote:It seems though that some parts of it could legitimately be offered to the Republic. It's understandable why the Irish refuse any border there so vehemently and consequently, simply because it would really be an Irish border separating Irish people from each other.

I have always wondered, why not put the customs border through Northern Ireland, between the Loyalist regions and the Republican regions, it is the only sensible customs separation.
By Ter
Rich wrote:interestingly pirates were an early example of Black privilege. When captured White pirates were usually executed, where as the lives of Black pirates were often spared.

Why was that ?
By Atlantis
Potemkin wrote:Incorrect, my dear sir. :)

Scottish pirates

The pirate tradition comes from the Vikings. Even before they came to the British isles, they run a profitable slave trade selling Slavic people captured in Eastern Europe to the Muslim rulers in the ME.
By snapdragon
Probably they were useful as slaves? Please don't let this deal get through. Please, please, please.
By Cookie Monster
Atlantis wrote:The pirate tradition comes from the Vikings. Even before they came to the British isles, they run a profitable slave trade selling Slavic people captured in Eastern Europe to the Muslim rulers in the ME.
Pirates existed throughout the ages and on different continents, in classical times for example Julius Caesar was kidnapped by Cilician pirates and pirates roamed the South China Sea throughout much of the Ming Dynasty era. Pirates are basically thieves with ships. Privateers on the other hand existed in a specific age and setting of European transatlantic colonialism.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:Incorrect, my dear sir. :)

Scottish pirates

"No, my dear sir, we had our pirates too!" :excited:

Anyway, as I see the great story ends as it started, with seceding from Europe and then pirating. However, how many people do believe in Britain, or rather England that their history can be replayed?

Meanwhile, PM BoJo is vehemently agreeing with one of his honourable friends in parliament.
By Potemkin
Beren wrote:"No, my dear sir, we had our pirates too!" :excited:

Anyway, as I see the great story ends as it started, with seceding from Europe and then pirating. However, how many people do believe in Britain, or rather England that their history can be replayed?

It is the necessary first step, Beren. ;)

This time around, the Neo-British Empire will be spreading Communism around the world rather than industrial capitalism. Better plan your diary accordingly, chaps! :)
By Atlantis
Potemkin wrote:It is the necessary first step, Beren. ;)

This time around, the Neo-British Empire will be spreading Communism around the world rather than industrial capitalism. Better plan your diary accordingly, chaps! :)

That raises the question of how do you spread communism by piratry?

Oh I see, it's the noble pirate that steals only from the rich :lol:

I think the result will be the same: imperialism, which is the problem and not the market economy.
By Tainari88
Potemkin wrote:It is the necessary first step, Beren. ;)

Do you say this to irritate me Potemkin? Neo-British Empire spreading what around the world?

I think you should be the one writing science fiction darling.

Hee hee... :lol: :lol:

Atlantis is right you know.....

You remainer.....you.....fake Englishman YOU!! :D
By Beren
Atlantis wrote:That raises the question of how do you spread communism by piratry?

Oh I see, it's the noble pirate that steals only from the rich :lol:

I think the result will be the same: imperialism, which is the problem and not the market economy.

It's going to be a Robin Hood economy. Post-Brexit Britain will be a hotbed for offshore companies applying Sir Francis Drake's hit-and-run tactics against the EU and sharing the treasures looted with the people.
By Potemkin
Beren wrote:It's going to be a Robin Hood economy. Post-Brexit Britain will be a hotbed for offshore companies applying Sir Francis Drake's hit-and-run tactics against the EU and sharing the treasures looted with the people.

Now you're getting the idea, Beren. It's what we were born to do! :excited:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

There seems to be no counter argument to the clai[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]