Turks won't stop genocide in Kurdistan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Kurdish social media spread information that Turks and their jihadi proxies encouraged by their success in the “Peace Spring” operation are planning to enlarge the “safe zone” and throw Kurds away. They send reinforcements of jihadis, armored vehicles and heavy weapons to the south in order to continue offense. Erdogan will not stop his bloody operation till he eliminates all the Kurds who are able to struggle Turkish genocide...
Turkey has invaded a neighboring country. The going on 9 year Syrian Civil War is no longer just a civil war. You could argue that the US was an invader, but it wasn't really, as it was more of a proxy war from their standpoint (a bit Orwellian in terms of speak, I know, I know.)

I wouldn't call this boarder offensive akin to a full scale invasion or war, but it's skirting on the edges of it. Turkey under Erdogan and Syria under Assad are bitter enemies. There's a pretty decent risk of confrontation, and an actual hot war between Turkey and Syria.

I don't consider it probable, but I consider it probable enough to warrant consideration.

I take it back. I consider it somewhat probable.

How long until Turkish troops and Syrian troops meet in the field?

How long until Syria launches an offensive of some sort against Turkey?

I think the latter at least is less than 50% to happen, but well in the realm of potentialities.

Am I completely mistaken here? I hope so, and I think I am, but this sort of has the feel of a first shot of a war between Syria and Turkey.
If one is looking for genocide in Syria, he/she should look at a rubble of Homs, Aleppo, parts of Damascus and of course Raqqa, and survivors of these towns still living in rubble. Not at Turkish held towns Jarablus, Al-Bab, Afrin or Tal Abyad, somehow "occupied" by "genocidal" Turks with less than fraction of damage inflicted compared to towns annihilated by Syrian regime, Russians, PKK/YPG or Americans.

If one is blaming Turkey with genocide, he/she should explain to me why 3.6 million Syrian refuges, of whom there are 300 thousand Syrian Kurds, took refuge in such a "genocidal" country.

Speaking of refugees, my hometown of Kayseri, located in central Turkey far from Syrian border, hosts more than 80 thousand Syrian refugees, which is more than the number of Syrian refugees hosted by Greece, France, UK and USA, combined. Please explain to me how you convince yourselves that you care about the well being of Syrians and/or Syrain Kurds, while Turks don't.
Vanasalus wrote:If one is looking for genocide in Syria, he/she should look at a rubble of Homs, Aleppo, parts of Damascus and of course Raqqa, and survivors of these towns still living in rubble. Not at Turkish held towns Jarablus, Al-Bab, Afrin or Tal Abyad, somehow "occupied" by "genocidal" Turks with less than fraction of damage inflicted compared to towns annihilated by Syrian regime, Russians, PKK/YPG or Americans.

If one is blaming Turkey with genocide, he/she should explain to me why 3.6 million Syrian refuges, of whom there are 300 thousand Syrian Kurds, took refuge in such a "genocidal" country.

Speaking of refugees, my hometown of Kayseri, located in central Turkey far from Syrian border, hosts more than 80 thousand Syrian refugees, which is more than the number of Syrian refugees hosted by Greece, France, UK and USA, combined. Please explain to me how you convince yourselves that you care about the well being of Syrians and/or Syrain Kurds, while Turks don't.

Those are fair points to make, hypocrisy is a global language however,

No genocide, no targeted killings or terror tactics against civilians? Only standard or perhaps even limited amounts of violence? And all of this will ”making” fewer refugees than there are currently?

So, Turkey takes control these areas. If no war-crime is to be committed no ethic cleansing can proceed. So you are stuck administrating a region that will make Northern Ireland and Belgium look like functioning countries but much much worse, Turkish soldiers killed in terror attack, reprisal combat operations with unavoidable civilian collateral.

And this the good outcome. The bad one is also that. Much much worse.
Vanasalus wrote:If one is blaming Turkey with genocide, he/she should explain to me why 3.6 million Syrian refuges, of whom there are 300 thousand Syrian Kurds, took refuge in such a "genocidal" country.

Turks aren't entirely adverse to genocide; however, at this point it is "ethnic cleansing" and nobody is calling it genocide except for people like you who use it as a polemic term.

Mossul, Raqqa, Homs, Allepo, etc., all suffered terrible destruction and NOT "genocide". In fact, they suffered terrible destruction because they were held by a genocidal bunch of Islamist fanatics (supported by Turkey). Yes, in this case, the term genocide is appropriate, if you extend it to religious minorities like the Yazidis. Thus, in this case, Turkey is guilty of genocide if we consider the support it has given to various terrorist groups.

And I'm not very impressed by your crocodile tears for the refugees. Turkey deliberately fueled the proxy war to topple the Syrian government. You host the refugees not for humanitarian reasons, but as pawns in Erdogan's geopolitical game to annex parts of Syria to realize his neo-Ottoman dreams. Neither Germany nor Greece (who also host Syrian refugees) is in any position to annex parts of Syria. Besides, the refugees fuel the Turkish economy.

And yes, we do care about the terrible suffering of Syrians, which is largely due to Turkish support for the proxy war.
Syria is not a proxy war. It is a principle war.

It is a principle war born out of an authentic 1400 year conflict between good (if imperfect) Infidels and evil (if imperfect) Muslims. This is overlaid with other conflicts notably between Arab, Kurd and Turk. ISIS is the natural expression of Sunni Islam to having its domination challenged, its not some alien superbug produced in a Zionist or Imperialist laboratory. In Turkey democracy has overthrown secularism. The hideous reactionary developments we see in Turkey are just a natural part of Muslims being Muslims.

Now although I argue that we must be prepared to kill Muslim terrorists, although I argue we must be prepared to joyfully exterminate Muslim terrorists in significant numbers, I do not propose genocide as a final solution to the Muslim problem. My posts are not an attempt to signal that I think that genocide is a final solution to the Muslim problem. No ultimately it realistically must be mainly the Muslims that de-Islamify themselves as it was the Christians that de-Christianised themselves.

So Muslims must be contained, but ideally contained within uni-religion, uni-national, uni-sect polities. Tunis's success so far at democratisation, pluralisation and seculaisation is notable. Its 98% Arab, has virtually no Infidels and is overwhelmingly Sunni.
Rich wrote:Syria is not a proxy war. It is a principle war.

It is a principle war born out of an authentic 1400 year conflict between good (if imperfect) Infidels and evil (if imperfect) Muslims. This is overlaid with other conflicts notably between Arab, Kurd and Turk. ISIS is the natural expression of Sunni Islam to having its domination challenged, its not some alien superbug produced in a Zionist or Imperialist laboratory. In Turkey democracy has overthrown secularism. The hideous reactionary developments we see in Turkey are just a natural part of Muslims being Muslims.

Now although I argue that we must be prepared to kill Muslim terrorists, although I argue we must be prepared to joyfully exterminate Muslim terrorists in significant numbers, I do not propose genocide as a final solution to the Muslim problem. My posts are not an attempt to signal that I think that genocide is a final solution to the Muslim problem. No ultimately it realistically must be mainly the Muslims that de-Islamify themselves as it was the Christians that de-Christianised themselves.

So Muslims must be contained, but ideally contained within uni-religion, uni-national, uni-sect polities. Tunis's success so far at democratisation, pluralisation and seculaisation is notable. Its 98% Arab, has virtually no Infidels and is overwhelmingly Sunni.

Thank you, Rich! Where would we be without your insight and breaking down the to what is really happening here. Let me further contextualize...

A great deal of so-called Western Christian States are involved in destabilizing Syria for quite some time now. Many of the massive amounts of weapons delivered there wound up in the hands of some of the worst people imaginable.

This is of course only a single instance of this type of ”intervention”. Look no further than Iraq to see another shining example of down-the-line fuck-ups created in this region. We had a massive drive several years ago to focus on all things in regards to Libya and why Gaddafi had to go, now we are told nothing of its developments (most on this forum will have a general idea, the general public will not).

What makes us the god guys in this equation? Or perhaps that actually does not matter to you?

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]