On Illegal + Legal Immigration: The Exact Opposite of What You think is True, is True - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BigSteve wrote:I'm sure you need to tell yourself that, so knock yourself out...

See, what smart people know is that no single solution will work. Those who lack the ability to think things through believe that, if one thing doesn't address everything, it shouldn't be done at all.

The latter are wrong...

So what else are you proposing as well as a perfectly sealed border?

—————————

Drlee wrote:Absolutely correct. But we won't.

And since that is the case, undocumented workers will continue to come and be hired.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, you would say that because you proposed that.

I then pointed out why it would not work, and you replied that it would work as part of a larger plan with more solutions than a simple sealed border.

Now, what is this larger plan with more solutions?

Fuck it. Let's shoot them dead in the streets.

I never said a wall would be 100% of the solution. Holding employers accountable is part of the solution. Arresting and deporting those who overstay their visas, as opposed to giving them a date to "show up" would help solve the problem.

Having a sort of "danger zone" at the border, to which entry is strictly prohibited, could help solve the problem. The thought of being the recipient of well-aimed deadly force could help solve the problem. We should have deportation camps with armed guards. If you're found to be here illegally, for whatever reason, you're taken to one of these camps until you can be repatriated to either your country of origin or to another country which will accept you.

No one thing will work, but that's hardly a compelling reason to not do something. We just have to do many things to accomplish our goal...
BigSteve wrote:Fuck it. Let's shoot them dead in the streets.

That would be illegal. Your easy acceptance of state murder of non-criminals is noted.

I never said a wall would be 100% of the solution. Holding employers accountable is part of the solution.

And as I discussed with @Drlee, employers will not be held accountable so long as the employers can send campaign contributions and lobbyists can wine and dine politicians.

There is also the fact that employers simply cannot afford to pay people a decent wage and still provide lettuce or gypsum installation at a price that US residents are willing to pay. Since politicians know this, they also know it would be the end of their careers if they actually deported all the people who are a significant economic support.

Arresting and deporting those who overstay their visas, as opposed to giving them a date to "show up" would help solve the problem.

To understand why the government is not doing this now, you would have to know what the government gets out of it by not doing it.

Having a sort of "danger zone" at the border, to which entry is strictly prohibited, could help solve the problem.

This has all the same problems as the wall does, which is not being built because of those problems.

For example, the US does not even own large porti9ns of the land upon which the birder rests.

The thought of being the recipient of well-aimed deadly force could help solve the problem.

And we are back to my previous point that the government has no intention of spending more money on something that would be bad for them.

We should have deportation camps with armed guards. If you're found to be here illegally, for whatever reason, you're taken to one of these camps until you can be repatriated to either your country of origin or to another country which will accept you.

That would be illegal. Your easy acceptance of state imprisonment of non-criminals is noted.

No one thing will work, but that's hardly a compelling reason to not do something. We just have to do many things to accomplish our goal...

Why should you do this at all? Why impose all this draconian government overreach for no apparent benefit?
Yours is a defeatist attitude.

Coming up with a solution is too hard, so you believe nothing should be done.

Well, just go ahead and sit in your basement and pontificate about what you think we should do down here in the States.

I'm sure we'll give your suggestions every consideration they deserve...

:lol:
And this is why we need to look at causes.

Any solution that does not address root causes will not work because the need for undocumented migrants will still exist, and companies, the government, and the migrants will continue to act as they do as long as the heed is there.
SSDR wrote:In "anarchy," nothing is "Illegal."

Since the USA is not an anarchic community, or group of communities, this comment of yours makes no sense.

Right now in the USA, undocumented immigrants still enjoy certain rights, such as the right to not be summarily executed by government officials.
If your anarchist politics were dominant, it would not be illegal since nothing is illegal in anarchy.

And that my friend, is why the concept only appeals to teenagers and adults still living with their parents.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]