the angst of the wealthy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
"The truth is that establishment angst is being driven, above all, by power — and moneyed Democrats who can feel their grasp on power in the party slipping...

Indeed, as Nation correspondent Jeet Heer writes, “The real source of anxiety among the donor class is surely not about the viability of Warren or Sanders but rather the precarious position of wealthy contributors in the Democratic coalition."

Still, the establishment donor class won’t relinquish its influence without a fight, and the pendulum could easily swing back in the other direction...

The establishment is right to be anxious."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ght-panic/
By late
Biden has to do well in Iowa. If he doesn't, NH is leaning towards Sanders or Warren. Biden is coming in 3rd. If Warren comes out of Iowa and NH on top, then Biden's lackluster campaigning means he is unlikely to recover.

I have wondered for some time if Warren and Biden deadlock, if Buttigieg might wind up walking away with the nomination, at the convention. Stranger things have happened.

Buttigieg has been quietly tacking towards the center, positioning himself for that possibility. I'd rather have Warren, but Pete would be preferable to Joe.
late wrote:"The truth is that establishment angst is being driven, above all, by power — and moneyed Democrats who can feel their grasp on power in the party slipping...

Indeed, as Nation correspondent Jeet Heer writes, “The real source of anxiety among the donor class is surely not about the viability of Warren or Sanders but rather the precarious position of wealthy contributors in the Democratic coalition."

Still, the establishment donor class won’t relinquish its influence without a fight, and the pendulum could easily swing back in the other direction...

The establishment is right to be anxious."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ght-panic/

Couldn't they just donate to someone else?
By late
Rancid wrote:
Couldn't they just donate to someone else?

That was what I was getting at in my 2nd post. We just might wind up settling on Pete. He doesn't look like he'd rock the boat, but he also has some real Progressive cred.

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

Sure. No ethnogenesis in the past doesn't mean no[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]