Vast protest in Hong Kong against extradition law - Page 49 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Seriously, the only party that has any remote possibility of saving Hong Kong from itself is China. They need to stop giving get out of jail free cards to the police as a starter. They also need to wake the fuck up to the fact that not everything can be solved with a raging hard-on.
benpenguin wrote:Seriously, the only party that has any remote possibility of saving Hong Kong from itself is China. They need to stop giving get out of jail free cards to the police as a starter. They also need to wake the fuck up to the fact that not everything can be solved with a raging hard-on.

To be fair, the authorities seem to have no idea of how to handle the situation. Some believe that the police or (para)military force has since hijacked power.

When I was stuck on the Metro train this morning (I ended up walking the last 2 miles to my office), I heard that the British asked for dialogue. The problem is, who is representative enough to us to receive any negotiated solution now? Admittedly, what we want are entirely concessions from the authorities (some may think to the level of overthrowing of a government), and whoever wanting anything less would be seen as traitors, especially now that there's one confirmed death, three near-death cases, several alleged deaths and at least one gang-rape allegation. (To non-Hong Kong members: More on the gang-rape allegation later)
As promised, I am now posting the gang rape allegation news.

Holmes Chan wrote:Woman files complaint against Hong Kong police over alleged rape in station

A woman has filed a complaint against the police alleging that she was raped in the Tsuen Wan Police Station, the force confirmed on Saturday.

“The Complaints Against Police Office received a complaint on October 22 from a legal representative, saying that his client was raped in the Tsuen Wan Police Station on September 27. Due to the seriousness of the allegation, the case has been referred to the New Territories South Regional Crime Unit,” police said in a statement shared with HKFP.

The police said the accusation was inconsistent with an initial probe: “Up till now, the allegations of the complainant do not match investigation results, and police will continue to investigate the relevant claims,” the statement added.

Asked about the case on Saturday, the Hospital Authority said that it would not comment on “rumours.” It said that patient privacy had to be protected, and that questions about cases with a criminal element should be directed towards the police.

It also urged the public not to hold gatherings on hospital premises so as to avoid affecting healthcare services.

While details about the alleged rape are limited, Apple Daily – citing three anonymous sources – reported that an 18-year-old woman received an abortion at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on Thursday.

According to Apple Daily, the woman was stopped when she was walking past the police station in mid-September, despite not wearing black and not protesting at the time. The woman was allegedly taken inside the station and gang-raped by four masked men, the sources said.

The newspaper said the woman displayed symptoms of depression after the incident and was initially hesitant to file a complaint to the police. She discovered she was pregnant after a hospital visit for unrelated reasons in mid-October, and told medical staff about her experience while accompanied by her mother.

The unverified rape allegation also surfaced online, sparking outrage on Facebook and the Reddit-like forum LIHKG. The Facebook page “HA Secrets” – which shares anonymous posts related to the Hospital Authority – said that more than one of its administrators confirmed that the incident took place.

It said in a post that the woman was impregnated after being arrested at Tsuen Wan Police Station. It added that fetal DNA had been gathered as evidence to identify the perpetrator.

However, HA Secrets put the age of the victim at 16 instead of 18.

The page said that legal procedures were underway and lawyers had gotten involved. It also called on readers to give the woman and her family some space.

“The more is revealed about this case, the more excuses the court has to say the trial is unfair. When everything is in place, HA Secrets will go on the offensive. Expect us,” the post read.

On October 26 – four days after the police complaints office was notified of the incident – a police spokesperson said that it “had not received any complaints of sexual assault” at the San Uk Ling Holding Centre, a separate facility which has come under fire as notorious for inmate abuse.

At the time, police did not say whether they had received any complaints of sexual crimes in relation to Tsuen Wan Police Station or other police facilities.

Hong Kong Free Press

It seems inappropriate for me to comment on unconfirmed claim, so I try not to be too specific here. However, such cases are rather common in recent protests. For example, the Sudan soldiers were alleged doing it en masse.
Last edited by Patrickov on 12 Nov 2019 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:China just needs to roll the tanks in.

Fuck freedom.

Technically, tanks will be rather useless against all these tall buildings and uneasy terrain in Hong Kong.

Psychologically, the current situation is not too much different so rolling tanks in will not make any difference, especially now that death or near-deaths have already occurred.
Rancid wrote:China just needs to roll the tanks in.

Fuck freedom.

And do what? Confront the whole city? The outcome will be catastrophic for both HK and China.

If HK people resist and fight back it is not really possible to take the city easily even though they are mostly unarmed. ( Not considering Crazy Situations when they shoot on sight and at large groups )
JohnRawls wrote:If HK people resist and fight back it is not really possible to take the city easily even though they are mostly unarmed. ( Not considering Crazy Situations when they shoot on sight and at large groups )

If the more militant protesters were unarmed we would have been exterminated swiftly.

It is impractical to assume protests against such a barbaric nation can succeed without some brave people literally fighting for us.
This one should arouse some...

Lily Kuo wrote:Protesters are pushing Hong Kong to brink of collapse, say police

Police in Hong Kong have accused protesters of bringing the city to the “brink of total collapse” and urged residents not to support them as demonstrations paralysed the city for a second day in a row.

Riot police fired teargas on anti-government demonstrators gathered in Hong Kong’s central business district and several universities on Tuesday. Protesters built street barricades, set fires and threw petrol bombs, chairs and other objects at police during another day of strikes demanding greater democracy in the Chinese territory.

Clashes continued into the late evening, intensifying at universities, which emerged as new battlegrounds. Chinese University of Hong Kong, the site of hours of pitched battles between riot police and protesters, was engulfed in teargas as police fired volleys of rubber bullets, teargas and a water cannon on demonstrators.

Pro-vice chancellor of the university, Dennis Ng pleaded with police to stop firing: “It is out of control,” he yelled over a loudspeaker. The police later said they would retreat in an effort to “diffuse the situation”.

Tuesday’s protests came after violence reached a new peak on Monday in clashes in which at least 128 people were injured. The condition of a 21-year-old male student shot at close range by police in the torso was said to be improving but a 57-year-old man, seen arguing with protesters, who was doused in flammable liquid and set on fire, remained in a critical condition. Police made at least 280 arrests, most of them of students.

Residents described a city stunned by the previous day’s violence. “You had the feeling going out into the city this morning that the system is at the breaking point. The government and police can’t manage it,” said Kong Tsung-gan, a writer and activist.

In the afternoon, thousands of demonstrators, including black-clad protesters as well as what appeared to be office workers, converged on Hong Kong’s central business district and held up outstretched hands to signal their five demands.

Some crouched behind umbrellas in the business district, advancing toward riot police. After a crowd began to heckle officers, calling them “murderers” and “rapists”, in reference to a recent rape allegation made by a protester, police fired multiple rounds of teargas.

Riot police also fired teargas at protesters at two universities, as protesters lit barricades and set a car on fire. A spokesman for the city’s mass transit railway said demonstrators had thrown petrol bombs, bicycles and other objects on to the tracks at several stations, stopping some services. Several universities and some schools cancelled classes. At least eight have also suspended teaching on Wednesday.

Hong Kong has entered its sixth month of political unrest and observers worry it will only escalate further. More than 3,000 people have been arrested since the protests began in June, initially triggered by a bill that would have allowed the extradition of suspects in Hong Kong to mainland China.

At Hong Kong University, academics pleaded with student demonstrators to rethink their methods. “What is happening here is not sustainable,” said Matthew Evans, dean of the university’s faculty of science. “What happens is the police come. There is a fight. People get arrested. Then tomorrow it starts all over again … There’s not an end.”

On Tuesday, Hong Kong’s leader, Carrie Lam, called the protesters “extremely selfish” for paralysing the city. On Monday, she said they were enemies of the people and slammed “any wishful thinking” that their escalating tactics would push the government to accede to their demands.

But protesters say the government has refused to listen to the public, which has largely supported the protesters, who are demanding an independent inquiry into police behaviour as well as the implementation of universal suffrage.

The political crisis has entered a new phase since the death of a demonstrator on Friday who fell from a parking lot. It was the first death linked to police action.

Observers fear recent violence will push both sides to dig in further.

In a press conference, police said that almost 50 areas across the city had been affected by protests over the last two days. The police blamed protesters for pushing Hong Kong to the “brink of total collapse”.

“If anyone still finds excuses for the violence of rioters, we suggest they do some soul-searching,” said Kong Wing-cheung, head of the police’s public relations division. “You are indeed an accomplice.

“If anyone has any wishful thinking that they can achieve their so-called political demands by violence, please wake up.”

On Tuesday, the United States expressed “grave concern” over the situation and called for restraint by both the police and government and the protesters.Beijing, which has authority over Hong Kong as part of the “one country, two systems” framework established when the former British colony was handed over to Chinese control, has signalled little willingness to compromise.

On Tuesday, the state-run Global Times described the protesters in Hong Kong as “no different from terrorists like Islamic State”. Addressing the Hong Kong police, the editorial stressed the readiness of the People’s Liberation Army and Chinese police to reinforce Hong Kong’s security forces when needed.

“Behind you are not only the people of Hong Kong and the whole country who love Hong Kong, but also the national armed police force and the troops stationed in Hong Kong.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/12/hong-kong-unprecedented-violence-police-shooting-fire-tear-gas

Meanwhile ...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CUHK

https://twitter.com/hashtag/HKPoliceTerrorism
The situation has already progressed to a level that even a military intervention by the West is justified. I will only blame the West for not doing enough, not for over-meddling. I also strongly believe the Western authorities should clean up the traitors among their own, like the one seen above.
The police had made a lot of injuries in Universities yesterday, and there are reports that they are targeting high school students now.

If anyone still believes we "deserve it", say it bluntly. Do NOT just post Twitters. I am not afraid of the board rules if the propaganda spamming continues.

To moderators: Please explain the reason of warning me in a more direct way. Issuing a PM together with a Yellow Card is making me unable to know what I did wrong. I am sorry if rules are not upheld properly

Admin Notes: You have being warned a second time for using explicit Nazi death threats against a fellow PoFo user.
Rancid wrote:Not gonna happen at all. There's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much money to be made by western companies and people.

I did not say it would happen, and definitely not in the way most would want. I just wanted to stress that, the Dishounourable Poster's advocation is so unacceptable that, I actually see the very thing he tries to accuse (Western Imperialism) is more righteous than what he tries to advocate (Stalinism / Maoism / Xi-ism), and I have absolutely no respect to the person who keeps ignoring the immediate necessity of punishing the authorities on the atrocities they have committed.

Jedem das Seine.
Patrickov wrote:
I did not say it would happen, and definitely not in the way most would want. I just wanted to stress that, the Dishounourable Poster's advocation is so unacceptable that, I actually see the very thing he tries to accuse (Western Imperialism) is more righteous than what he tries to advocate (Stalinism / Maoism / Xi-ism), and I have absolutely no respect to the person who keeps ignoring the immediate necessity of punishing the authorities on the atrocities they have committed.

I get it.
A quick update pending fact check, but the incident is significant that I might post this first.

Allegedly a pro-Chinese mob would start to launch an attack on the electricity system, with the primary aim of cutting off communication.

Contrary to usual practice, I wish this news to be fake (I know some places will go under electricity check once a while, and my building would have one next week). But if it's true then I might be offline for some time, and many lives would be at risk.
1. It's called sharing news. I'll note you have no argument against the stuff I posted, just that I posted it.

2. I didn't report anybody. Lol at you coming to the defence of a poster someone else reported for repeatedly threatening death upon me. In case you hadn't noticed, he's been threatening me for months in this thread, calling me all kinds of things etc. and I never reported him because I figured he's a good representation of the mindset of the protesters in HK, those rightwing thugs. :)
skinster wrote:Thanks to the moderators for finally dealing with nazi-fanboy Patrickov.

Historically, Nazism is a response to Communist perpetration.

Admin Edit: Rule 16

My choice of Nazi expressions is to emphasise the seriousness of the Communist perpetration happening in this thread. One gets what one deserves, so I have no problem to assert that, if one chooses to be a Communist perpetraor, one deserved Nazi treatment. More importantly, if a person supports an organisation proven to have killed some innocent members of another group, it is logical that the victim group's member should not see the perpetrator group's advocate as respectable beings, or even a respectable enemy. This perpetrator is entirely the one to blame here, and I simply cannot allow this perpetration to continue.

Admin Edit: Rule 16

Last edited by Patrickov on 13 Nov 2019 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]