Election 2020 - Page 40 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15047878
I'd like to remind everyone today, Veterans Day in the US, that the president of the united states was convicted last week in a court of essentially defrauding veterans charities and ordered to pay them two million dollars in damages.

Hindsite and Big Steve are surprisingly quiet about this considering they both claim to be retired military men. Real soldiers would find this a deal breaker. Any soldier who would vote for someone who would defraud veteran's charities needs to examine their conscience.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15047884
Drlee wrote:I'd like to remind everyone today, Veterans Day in the US, that the president of the united states was convicted last week in a court of essentially defrauding veterans charities and ordered to pay them two million dollars in damages.

Hindsite and Big Steve are surprisingly quiet about this considering they both claim to be retired military men. Real soldiers would find this a deal breaker. Any soldier who would vote for someone who would defraud veteran's charities needs to examine their conscience.

Happy Veterans Day Drlee. Thank you for your service, and thank you to BigSteve and Hindsite for your service as well.

Trump was NOT convicted of defrauding veterans charities at all. On the contrary, he was commended for making good on his campaign promise. The issue came up, because his campaign staff and his charity staff coordinated, which legally is not proper. His political adversaries then went on a fishing expedition and found some irregularities. You cannot use your charity to purchase anything of value from your own business, even at cost, to give for charitable purposes. The business itself can give something away at cost, but the charity cannot be a source of funds. You also cannot use your charity to pay legal settlements unrelated to the charity.

Judge fines Trump $2 million for misusing charity foundation
The president admitted, among other things, to improperly arranging for the charity to pay $10,000 for a 6-foot portrait of him. He also agreed to pay back $11,525 in foundation funds that he spent on sports memorabilia and champagne at a charity gala.

The fine is kind of high for this, but I think the point is to shut down his charity and squeeze more money out of him.

Trump also admitted in the agreements to directing that $100,000 in foundation money be used to settle legal claims over an 80-foot flagpole he had built at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., instead of paying the expense out of his own pocket.

In addition, the foundation paid $158,000 to resolve a lawsuit over a prize for a hole-in-one contest at a Trump-owned golf course, and $5,000 for ads promoting Trump’s hotels in the programs for charitable events. Trump admitted these transactions were also improper.

He should be fined for that. I think that's reasonable.

Charities are barred from getting involved in political campaigns, but in weighing the Iowa fund-raiser, Scarpulla [the judge] gave Trump credit for making good on his pledge to give $2.8 million that his charity raised to veterans’ organizations.

Veterans charities were not defrauded.

This came up as a result of Trump's feud with Megyn Kelly.

At the time of the Iowa fund-raiser, Trump was feuding with then-Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly and refusing to participate in the network’s final Republican presidential primary debate before the Iowa caucuses.

Instead, he held a rally at the same time as the debate at which he called on people to donate to veterans’ charities. The foundation acted as a pass-through for those contributions.
By Hindsite
#15047900
jimjam wrote:That's a pic of Con Job Don as a kid before he morphed into a fat pig with no chin.....

Image

America's way handsome Pussy Grabber In Chief ^ :eek:

Everyone looks worse when they make faces.

October 27, 2019
Image
President Trump and First Lady at fifth game of World Series

July 4, 2019
Image
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15048291
According to the left in the US the congress can impeach a president for anything. How is this goping to work going forward, the presidential election is rendered meaningless unless the president elects political party hold congress? Now the Dems not only have to have the miracle that Liz Warren can win but they also have to win a majority of congress, or the Republicans can start her impeachment process the day she is sworn it. Brilliant.
Last edited by Finfinder on 13 Nov 2019 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15048295
Drlee wrote:I'd like to remind everyone today, Veterans Day in the US, that the president of the united states was convicted last week in a court of essentially defrauding veterans charities and ordered to pay them two million dollars in damages.

Hindsite and Big Steve are surprisingly quiet about this considering they both claim to be retired military men. Real soldiers would find this a deal breaker. Any soldier who would vote for someone who would defraud veteran's charities needs to examine their conscience.


Golly, I guess I was off having an actual life.

I'm unaware of the case you're speaking of. I don't watch television. I'm sure CNN and MSDNC , though, gave it round the clock obsessive coverage.

That said, he wasn't "convicted" of anything. Any "real soldier" wouldn't intentionally misrepresent something like this for the petty purpose of attempting to make political hay.

The fact of the matter is that there was no real "fraud". Money got to Veteran's organizations. After you weed through all the bullshit, the primary issue seems to be the Trump campaign selecting which organizations received the money as opposed to the his foundation which, at worst, is a procedural violation and little more...
By late
#15048299
BigSteve wrote:
The fact of the matter is that there was no real "fraud". Money got to Veteran's organizations.



Only after the truth came out.

There's a reason a judge took his charity away from him, and killed it.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15048300
For some reason, probably that he has never read the constitution, @Finfinder said: According to the left in the US the congress can impeach a president for anything.


So he does not have to look up how to spell Constitution I will do this for him:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.


Insert eye roll here.

The fact of the matter is that there was no real "fraud". Money got to Veteran's organizations.


Yes. And all it took was a lawsuit and threat of criminal prosecution.

Disgraceful for a veteran to even think of accepting such behavior.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15048301
Drlee wrote:Yes. And all it took was a lawsuit and threat of criminal prosecution.


I note that you're dodging the issue of your intentional misrepresentation of the disposition of the case. Trump wasn't "convicted" of anything, and you know it.

You just lack the character to admit that your misrepresentation, intentional or otherwise, was wrong...

Disgraceful for a veteran to even think of accepting such behavior.


Trump does plenty of shit I disagree with and I don't like.

As I said, I was unaware of the judge's findings, and I'll be damned if I'm going to accept what you say as gospel on the topic. In fact, your intentional misrepresentation strongly suggests that your comments are all but worthless to anyone wishing to have a reasonable, mature discussion.

Try being truthful and honest. You might like it...
User avatar
By Rancid
#15048315
Finfinder wrote: the presidential election is rendered meaningless

Has it? How so?

What kind of apocalyptic scenario do you see because of this impeachment attempt?

The entire republic is in danger now?
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15048316
Rancid wrote:Has it? How so?

What kind of apocalyptic scenario do you see because of this impeachment attempt?

The entire republic is in danger now?


Such dramatic words from my quaote"the presidential election is rendered meaningless"


You said congress can impeach a president for any reason they want so why is my comment unreasonable and worthy of the over dramatics like "apocalyptic and entire republic" If you really believed that and weren't just jerking my chain, shouldn't you be using those terms for what is happening now riiight? :D
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15048318
Finfinder wrote:Such dramatic words from my quaote"the presidential election is rendered meaningless"


You said congress can impeach a president for any reason they want so why is my comment unreasonable and worthy of the over dramatics like "apocalyptic and entire republic" If you really believed that and weren't just jerking my chain, shouldn't you be using those terms for what is happening now? :D
User avatar
By Rancid
#15048320
Finfinder wrote:You said congress can impeach a president for any reason they want so why is my comment unreasonable and worthy of the over dramatics like "apocalyptic and entire republic" If you really believed that and weren't just jerking my chain, shouldn't you be using those terms for what is happening now riiight?


Yes, I'm partially jerking your chain. Even if I wasn't jerking your chain though, why would I have to be using those terms for what is happening now? :?:
User avatar
By Drlee
#15048376
I note that you're dodging the issue of your intentional misrepresentation of the disposition of the case. Trump wasn't "convicted" of anything, and you know it.


No. He settled so that there would be no criminal charges. You articulate a distinction without a difference.


You just lack the character


Nice try at an insult. You would not know character if you saw it.

The rest of your insults are simply to childish to respond to.
By Hindsite
#15048432
Drlee wrote:The rest of your insults are simply to childish to respond to.

You should have wrote "too" childish.
Praise the lord.
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15048497
Rancid wrote:Yes, I'm partially jerking your chain. Even if I wasn't jerking your chain though, why would I have to be using those terms for what is happening now? :?:


Seriously dude you are the issue do you not respond to posts considering the context of all the previous back and forth?

re read my reply and figure it out geesh
User avatar
By Drlee
#15048509
I feel very comfortable with the quality of my arguments when the only arguments that my fellow posters can find in response are grammatical.

For the record, you have not ever seen me correct someone's grammar. It would be boorish and off topic, not to mention petty and mean spirited.

So I will construct my responses in any way that I feel works and if you two are left unable to understand please feel free to PM me and I will answer using very short words and flawless grammar. No guarantee though that even that will help you understand the more subtle points of an argument.

And that, friends, is how, should you be confronted with assholes who are simply trying to tweak you, you may choose to answer. Then wait to see what the assholes have to say in response.
By Pants-of-dog
#15048517
Just pointing out that my grammar correction post was a joke and contains the same grammatical error I am supposedly condemning.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15048532
Finfinder wrote:Seriously dude you are the issue do you not respond to posts considering the context of all the previous back and forth?


I don't get this.
  • 1
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 47

Here I quote a few sentences from the post in the […]

Turn, turn, turn

The timelines have not gotten much attention in t[…]

Trump, Oh my god !

Old friend. What are you doing to me! SARCASM. […]

Will Russia interfere or will China butt in? Chi[…]