Vast protest in Hong Kong against extradition law - Page 50 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1194722527651794944

He is a bystander unfortunately hit by someone defending themselves from pro-Chinese thugs' attack. Even a pro-Chinese media did not explicitly state that he was thrown at purposefully, and hinted that pro-Chinese thugs started the attack first.

Stop spreading lies.
Last edited by Patrickov on 14 Nov 2019 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:Attacking women, setting a guy on fire, throwing bricks etc. All accidents huh...

The sharing of so-called information from a proven liar shows the true colours of this perpetrator.
skinster wrote:Sorry your violent/shit tactics are exposing your ilk for what they are. Don't shoot the messenger, even though it's obvious you would in a second if given the chance. :D

I do not see someone spreading proven lies in the aim of smearing as merely messenger. He clearly shows lack of empathy because the movement is rightfully against his (proven not to work) ideology and he sees it as a threat. As i said, the action to continuously sharing false information should be considered as perpetration, and thus I see myself closer to a shot messenger than this person, although I understand in this case that the shooter (moderators) do it out of the necessity of upholding the rules.
You have to prove what I'm posting is lies. Are protestors not attacking/beating women? Did they not set a man who debated them on fire? The now braindead-geriatric wasn't really hit by a brick, this just happens when you get old right? Try proving something instead of whining like a babby and currently, amusingly, playing victim after being carded for death threats. :lol:
Crantag wrote:This shit has gone too far. Fuck these Nazi rioters.

And the non-rioters?

It sure does seem convenient for the PRC that the protestors in HK -who had a moral and legal position to protest- are now acting like villains and that their supporters, leaders and icons are violent, extremists and sound like neo-nazis. In a few weeks they have burned the good will and image of decency they had developed in the beginning of these protests and those earlier.

Rather than continue beating around the bush, I will state it clearly: I think the PRC are pulling some CIA level subversion on the HK protestors. All the while applying just enough pressure for that subversion to bloom.
I used to be more annoyed by protesters than the government. Yes they have legitimate grievances, yes there is injustice, and no the government isn't listening. I get it and I feel the anger. On the other hand, they are narrow minded, self righteous, aimless, ignorant, imposing and xenophobic - basically a batshit crazy mob. No matter how much I despise the Hong Kong government, I can't find anyway to identify with them.
The one thing I will almost not accuse them of, is violence. Of almost 99% of cases, the pro-government mobs start the fight, stabbing, clubbing people, ramming taxis into crowds, firing fire crackers into crowds - and get beaten in retaliation. Hell, I would pick up a brick and bash his head in were I in the situation.
Not to mention the police now couldn't be bothered to even find excuses for their own excessive violence. They used to get shitstorms just for using tear gas, now they are just firing all kinds of bad stuff randomly at crowds (Sometimes empty roads) like it's Christmas. They will just arrest random people for wearing dark colored clothing or appearing at wrong places, abuse people they arrested, pepper spray pregnant women, fire live rounds at unarmed people point blank, ram motorcycles into protesters.

And who got arrested? 4000 from the protesting side, 0 from the pro-government side.

Yes you heard it from me - a staunch China supporter. I am proud of them for their accomplishments and appreciate all their geopolitical difficulties. I think Hong Kong and China can work together in a more productive relationship - and still do. But this shit that is happening in Hong Kong is just sheer incompetence and insanity coming from very high levels, as police violence escalated 10 fold since Carrie Lam met the emperor in Beijing. I seriously hope he has a better plan for Hong Kong - but whatever grand strategy he has in mind, I don't see how the damage will benefit anybody. Xi needs to calm the fuck down and start making some serious concessions.
Patrickov wrote:To be fair, the authorities seem to have no idea of how to handle the situation. Some believe that the police or (para)military force has since hijacked power.
When I was stuck on the Metro train this morning (I ended up walking the last 2 miles to my office), I heard that the British asked for dialogue. The problem is, who is representative enough to us to receive any negotiated solution now? Admittedly, what we want are entirely concessions from the authorities (some may think to the level of overthrowing of a government), and whoever wanting anything less would be seen as traitors, especially now that there's one confirmed death, three near-death cases, several alleged deaths and at least one gang-rape allegation. (To non-Hong Kong members: More on the gang-rape allegation later)

Yep - pretty much what I predicted too. Protesters' demand was impossible to be met then, how will it be possible now? No one is representative enough to negotiate with, so nobody can ever put a brake to the protests. Beijing reached their breaking point, threw their hands up and said "fuck it".
The police and CY Leung's old hawkish allies (He himself no longer in the picture, seeing his frequent nonsense Facebook posts) took control with the opportunity, as I predicted - but I think it won't be long til they are will be replaced and sacrificed. I have no problem supporting to the new government if they are remotely competent and willing to punish these uniformed criminals, but I very much doubt the rest of Hong Kong will. Too many has headed to the deep end and there's no coming back.
benpenguin wrote:Yep - pretty much what I predicted too. Protesters' demand was impossible to be met then, how will it be possible now? No one is representative enough to negotiate with, so nobody can ever put a brake to the protests. Beijing reached their breaking point, threw their hands up and said "fuck it".
The police and CY Leung's old hawkish allies (He himself no longer in the picture, seeing his frequent nonsense Facebook posts) took control with the opportunity, as I predicted - but I think it won't be long til they are will be replaced and sacrificed. I have no problem supporting to the new government if they are remotely competent and willing to punish these uniformed criminals, but I very much doubt the rest of Hong Kong will. Too many has headed to the deep end and there's no coming back.

There are comebacks from civil wars and deaths of tens of thousands. HK hasn't gone down that Rabit hole yet. The main problem that there is no single person or entity to negotiate with since all of them have been silenced or marginalised by the CCP. I guess that fellow that traveled recently may be but as much as I know China has repressed him a bit as of late. So probably he won't do anymore since it will require the CCP to loose face.
JohnRawls wrote:There are comebacks from civil wars and deaths of tens of thousands. HK hasn't gone down that Rabit hole yet.
Hong Kong is already in civil war - just that nobody has guns except the cops and we have to do it stone age style - killing each other hasn't been super effective. However, people's mentality went there already...
skinster wrote:The old man that got bricked by the "pro democracy" lot was killed by them.

Freedom is not easily taken away from a conscious population. FREE HONG KONG. Hong Kongers will succeed.

JohnRawls demands the freedom to brick to death old people.

One side is committing most of the violence. HK cops, surprisingly, are quite restrained, given the murder, attacks and vandalism coming from the protestors.

In peaceful protests in cities in France and Gaza, protesters are getting their eyes shot out or are shot dead, repeatedly, for months/years. When are you going to cry about them? I laugh at you pretending to care about freedom. The truth is you only care about neonazis. In China, in Venezuela, in Ukraine, in Syria, in Palestine etc. Come out. :excited:

:lol: at you also insinuating HK is a separate entity to China. It was Chinese territory colonized and occupied by the Brits once upon a time, but those days are on their way to being over.
skinster wrote:JohnRawls demands the freedom to brick to death old people.

One side is committing most of the violence. HK cops, surprisingly, are quite restrained, given the murder, attacks and vandalism coming from the protestors.

In peaceful protests in cities in France and Gaza, protesters are getting their eyes shot out or are shot dead, repeatedly, for months/years. When are you going to cry about them? I laugh at you pretending to care about freedom. The truth is you only care about neonazis. In China, in Venezuela, in Ukraine, in Syria, in Palestine etc. Come out. :excited:

:lol: at you also insinuating HK is a separate entity to China. It was Chinese territory colonized and occupied by the Brits once upon a time, but those days are on their way to being over.

Haha cops restrained. You literally have 3 people in this thread from HK saying that 99 percent of the violence is from the police or pro CCP triads/small groups. You are blind to the obvious.
Yep, restrained, given things like this are happening and cops are being attacked by protesters. Anywhere else they'd be executed immediately.

But since you're complaining about police violence, how many people have they killed compared to the protesters? :?:

Back on topic:

They're really winning the people - whose support they need for any success - in this, huh...

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]