Until we get a Carbon Tax, we haven't even started - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BeesKnee5 wrote:Rhein et al. Is the fifth IPCC report.
You may want to read what it has to say about stalling sea temperature rise and global warming

For instruction in scientific fraud, you mean?

"Reconstructed." I.e., fabricated.
Glad to see you come on board with the majority of today's scientists.

:lol: Like the 11K "scientists" who signed the letter warning of climate crisis, who were actually just anyone who clicked a LIKE button on a website, and almost none of whom were actually scientists?
I'm not making these claims, I am quoting research that has provided proof to support their claim. Something you are failing spectacularly at.

That is false. I have provided evidence for my statements.
The increased humidity affects the amount of evaporation at the plants leaf surface. Too much humidity and the ability of a plant to use osmosis to draw nutrients through their roots is reduced.

<yawn>I guess that must be why greenhouse operators keep the temperature and humidity high....
Extra heat increases the amount of moisture evaporating and so accelerates the drying of the ground .

i guess that must be why agriculture is so much more productive in cooler climates than in hot ones....

Oh, no, wait a minute, that's right: agriculture is FAR more productive in warmer than in cooler climates, proving you flat wrong.
The two combined narrow the band in which plants aren't stressed by these two factors. That you chose to offer a layman's view without even understanding what VPD is shows everyone how quick you are to spout without grasping what the paper is describing.

The money that greenhouse operators spend to keep their greenhouses warm and humid refutes an arbitrarily large number of putatively "scientific" papers purporting to show that warmer or wetter climate is undesirable.
Truth To Power wrote:For instruction in scientific fraud, you mean?

"Reconstructed." I.e., fabricated.

Like the 11K "scientists" who signed the letter warning of climate crisis, who were actually just anyone who clicked a LIKE button on a website, and almost none of who were actually scientists?

Remember that this is from the information that you claimed was disproving the paper.
Having now realised the source you are now in the awkward position of having to destroy your own argument.
That is false. I have provided evidence for my statements.

Incorrect, your have made reference to papers that on investigation do not support your claim

<yawn>I guess that must be why greenhouse operators keep the temperature and humidity high....

i guess that must be why agriculture is so much more productive in cooler climates than in hot ones....

Oh, no, wait a minute, that's right: agriculture is FAR more productive in warmer than in cooler climates, proving you flat wrong.

The money that greenhouse operators spend to keep their greenhouses warm and humid refutes an arbitrarily large number of putatively "scientific" papers purporting to show that warmer or wetter climate is undesirable.

You really need to get a better understanding of the balance that is struck when growing in a controlled environment.

Reducing the VPD gave a 12% increase in yield.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ter_season

In greenhouses during the winter season, a high vapor pressure deficit (VPD), particularly due to air exchange during midday period, can limit plant biomass and yield. Thus, the VPD control in greenhouses is of immense importance for cultivating plants. In the present study, the effects of VPD controlled by a fogging system on greenhouse environment and tomato plant growth were studied during a winter season. The VPD was effectively reduced by the fogging system from 1.4 to 0.8 kPa on average in the midday during the entire winter season. Maintaining a lower VPD in the midday increased tomato leaf stomatal index and stomatal conductance during the major part of the day, which led to increase in net photosynthetic rate. Furthermore, maintaining a lower VPD increased mean tomato biomass and yield by 17.3% and 12.3%, respectively.

Perhaps a company that sells the sensors for greenhouses will persuade you how important it is to growth.

https://www.30mhz.com/news/sensors-vapo ... ficit-vpd/

Yes serious money is spent to ensure the correct balance is reached.

Cannabis growers take it so seriously that there is a chart to show the optimum VPD for growing it

You can see clearly that as temperature rises the ideal growth area narrows and the ideal humidity level falls.
Truth To Power wrote:The notion that using fossil fuels could "get us all killed" is preposterous. The frequency and loudness of such claims is a major reason we know the anti-CO2 hysteria campaign is a scam.

You too.
Truth To Power wrote:The notion that using fossil fuels could "get us all killed" is preposterous. The frequency and loudness of such claims is a major reason we know the anti-CO2 hysteria campaign is a scam.

I don't believe there is anything that we can say that will convince these wackos they are wrong, because they have been propagandized and indoctrinated with global warming that morphed into climate change after global warming predictions failed. All we can do is warn those that haven't yet bought into the climate change cult.
Global warming is part of climate change. You not understanding anything about it, and your beliefs, do not change the reality. Willful ignorance is tough to change.

Climate change deniers are the cultists, as they are ignoring facts and latching onto some belief that man doesn't affect the environment.

See Aral Sea

See Amazon Rain forest.
Hindsite wrote:I don't believe there is anything that we can say that will convince these wackos they are wrong, because they have been propagandized and indoctrinated with global warming that morphed into climate change after global warming predictions failed. All we can do is warn those that haven't yet bought into the climate change cult.

You are correct, nothing you can say will disprove the scientific evidence. If you can show some recent evidence to prove your case then I'm all ears.
Simply believing something, however, does not make you right, @Hindsite.

Believing something is true, doesn't mean that it actually is true, too. Some people believe the earth is flat. I am sure they think that's a "truth", too. :knife:

Even the followers of God worked out the world isn't flat eventually.
Sadly, you often cannot educate the willfully ignorant.
BeesKnee5 wrote:Even the followers of God worked out the world isn't flat eventually.

It was in the Holy Bible the whole time.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been declared to you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the foundation of the earth? He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth; its dwellers are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
(Isaiah 40:21-22 Berean Study Bible)

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth...
(Isaiah 40:22 KJV)
Godstud wrote::roll: A circle is not a sphere.

It is very sad that a so-called ex-school teacher has to have this explained to them.

This just shows your ignorance. Surely, you know that a sphere has a circle shape. Just because it does not use the word "sphere" does not mean it is flat. Look at this verse:

...he walketh in the circuit of heaven.
(Job 22:14 KJV)

The Hebrew word translated "circuit" here in Job is the same. Surely you don't believe heaven is flat.

Definition: Circuit
1. The circumference of any space; also, the space enclosed.
2. Act of moving or revolving round, as in a circle or orbit; a circuitous route or journey.

Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary
:lol: Nice try.

You are trying to cover your ass by posting bullshit.

Circuit does not equal a sphere, either. :knife:

A square isn't a cube, either. Maybe you should go back to school.

Sphere
a round solid figure, or its surface, with every point on its surface equidistant from its center.

Sorry, but they don't even use the word circle in the definition.
BeesKnee5 wrote:
Remember that this is from the information that you claimed was disproving the paper.
Having now realised the source you are now in the awkward position of having to destroy your own argument.

Incorrect, your have made reference to papers that on investigation do not support your claim

You really need to get a better understanding of the balance that is struck when growing in a controlled environment.

Reducing the VPD gave a 12% increase in yield.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ter_season

In greenhouses during the winter season, a high vapor pressure deficit (VPD), particularly due to air exchange during midday period, can limit plant biomass and yield. Thus, the VPD control in greenhouses is of immense importance for cultivating plants. In the present study, the effects of VPD controlled by a fogging system on greenhouse environment and tomato plant growth were studied during a winter season. The VPD was effectively reduced by the fogging system from 1.4 to 0.8 kPa on average in the midday during the entire winter season. Maintaining a lower VPD in the midday increased tomato leaf stomatal index and stomatal conductance during the major part of the day, which led to increase in net photosynthetic rate. Furthermore, maintaining a lower VPD increased mean tomato biomass and yield by 17.3% and 12.3%, respectively.

Perhaps a company that sells the sensors for greenhouses will persuade you how important it is to growth.

https://www.30mhz.com/news/sensors-vapo ... ficit-vpd/

Yes serious money is spent to ensure the correct balance is reached.

Cannabis growers take it so seriously that there is a chart to show the optimum VPD for growing it

You can see clearly that as temperature rises the ideal growth area narrows and the ideal humidity level falls.

Nice post.

I grow my own medicinal weed, one plant at a time. Usually 2 plants a year, but just one this winter.

I can't afford to control the humidity, but I am painfully aware of the things that limit growth potential.

I keep hoping my ballast will die, so I could switch to LED. Unfortunately, I don't buy junk :D

I ignore most of the babbling. This will be resolved, but not until the political landscape changes (which has already started).

It's insane, but then it's an insane country.
Godstud wrote::lol: Nice try.

You are trying to cover your ass by posting bullshit.

Circuit does not equal a sphere, either. :knife:

A square isn't a cube, either. Maybe you should go back to school.

Sphere
a round solid figure, or its surface, with every point on its surface equidistant from its center.

Sorry, but they don't even use the word circle in the definition.

Put your glasses on. It uses the words "round, circle, and orbit" in the dictionary definition. That could represent a circular or spheroid shape. The earth is not actually a perfect sphere because every point on its surface is not equidistant from its center. The actual shape of the Earth is an oblate spheroid because it has a bulge around the equator. It also has mountains and valleys, so every point on its surface is not equidistant from its center. Haven't you ever heard of something being in orbit around the Earth?
Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:a round solid figure, or its surface, with every point on its surface equidistant from its center.

nope. No mention of a circle in there. Anyone else reading it doesn't see that word, either. Are you sure you can read English?

Hindsite wrote:Haven't you ever heard of something being in orbit around the Earth?
An orbit's not a circle, but then you wouldn't know that, since you don't believe in science...

Orbit
the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution.

Education in Russia must be particularly bad, these days.
Godstud wrote:nope. No mention of a circle in there. Anyone else reading it doesn't see that word, either. Are you sure you can read English?

Yes, of course. However, you fail to understand that the text of the Holy Bible was translated from Hebrew. So circle, circuit, compass are all English words used to convey the curved idea from the Hebrew. It does not necessarily meant as an exact word match. You apparently don't understand how languages work.

Godstud wrote:An orbit's not a circle, but then you wouldn't know that, since you don't believe in science...

Orbit
the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution.

There you go. A curved path around the Earth. That is the circuit spoken of in Job about the movement of God, a celestial being, in heaven.

celestial:
(adjective)
pertaining to the sky or visible heaven, or to the universe beyond the earth’s atmosphere, as in celestial body.
pertaining to the spiritual or invisible heaven; heavenly; divine: celestial bliss.
of or relating to celestial navigation: a celestial fix.

(noun)
an inhabitant of heaven.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/celestial

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/171886694534[…]

If Ami Ayalon was PM instead of Netanyahu, the top[…]

Oh joining the EU is easy ! Just ask Turkey ! :l[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They should. That's the role of a tool. Europe […]