Ukrainegate - Page 53 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
I get it though the left thinks they are allowed to break attorney client privilege at will

Interesting thing, Trump wasn't paying the bills. Firtash was, through Lev Parnas, and Furman.

While you can argue he was working pro bono, the relationship raises some interesting questions, including one about who was working for whom.

That's is one of the things I hoped to see in the impeachment.

Also... " But, according to the crime-fraud exception to the privilege, a client’s communication to her attorney isn’t privileged if she made it with the intention of committing or covering up a crime or fraud."

Oh well...

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... ilege.html
By Beren
Finfinder wrote:In a Democrat world with double standard laws that might happened but I wouldn't hold my breath. I get it though the left thinks they are allowed to break attorney client privilege at will, but then again congress can't do shit about it anyway if Giuliani doesn't testify.

Rudy should testify for the lolz, this is all for the lolz actually. US politics literally became theatre, a reality show if you like, and Rudy is a really good character. MARVELlous villain. :lol: This is his great opportunity to be a real media star. Now he can be really famous, he should grab the opportunity as long as he can.
By Finfinder
late wrote:Interesting thing, Trump wasn't paying the bills. Firtash was, through Lev Parnas, and Furman.

While you can argue he was working pro bono, the relationship raises some interesting questions, including one about who was working for whom.

That's is one of the things I hoped to see in the impeachment.

Also... " But, according to the crime-fraud exception to the privilege, a client’s communication to her attorney isn’t privileged if she made it with the intention of committing or covering up a crime or fraud."

Oh well...

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... ilege.html

What crime ?
By jimjam
There are a few things going on here. Don The Con was holding court today entertaining the Boss of Turkey most likely discussing dead Kurds while Don The Con worked, i'm sure, on another Quid Pro Quo to see what he could get out of Turkey in return for his removing American troops from Syria but ……………………. maybe more important, I doubt many even noticed. For the first time in 3 years Obese Donald was, at best, second fiddle in the news. Not, i'm sure, his favorite spot. He also met with some Republican Senator lap dogs and pushed a piece of paper around on a table :| . News story #1 was lifting the lid off of Don The Con's septic system and an appearance by Nancy to up the ante from Quid Pro Quo to bribery.

BTW, who do you think is smarter: Donald or Nancy. I give the edge to Nancy ……. she is one smart tough bitch and it does look as if Don is afraid of her. And, of course, Nancy has the home court advantage. She's got the rules memorized while Don has difficulty even reading a paragraph.

Yes, use the more accurate term "bribery" to make it clear to the public what Trump did to the Ukrainian president. Bribery is clearly an impeachable offense.

"Quid pro quo" simply sounded like business "dealmaking" to Trump supporters.

But I am marveling at Nancy's timing, which is "everything," as she has moved this case against Trump along. She didn't pounce for impeachment immediately after the release of the damning Mueller Report. No, she waited until Trump crossed the line big time (as she predicted he would) and made his big mistake with his stupid Ukrainian bribery move.

And now it is a slow drip, drip, drip, as the investigation of Trump drags on day after day, spoiling Trump's control of the media and the message, and probably driving him nuts since he is so impatient and impulsive.
By Ter
CNN - NYT - WP - all other left-leaning news media - the Democrats - all never Trumpers and all pofo posters against Trump : Trump is finished, he should be packing his bags already.

Drudge - Breitbart - Fox - Republicans - all pofo posters pro Trump : Trump will not be impeached, he did nothing wrong, he will be re-elected next year.

Is there anyone left who does not belong to any of those two sides ?

I am seriously avoiding the news these days.
By Stormsmith
I figured Speaker Pelosi was waiting for this type of situation, and now she appears to have it. A man named Mark Sandy (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sandy) will be testifying that President
Trump told him to put a hold on the $400,000 to Ukraine for arms, which he did, then checked to see if it legal, and found out it wasnt. He quit.

This is to Speaker Pelosi the equivalent to President Nixon's tapes which is when the GOP told President Nixon they couldn't support him and he had to resign. It will be interesting if she pursues it and puts the president in prison. Orange is his colour.
By Hindsite
Ter wrote:CNN - NYT - WP - all other left-leaning news media - the Democrats - all never Trumpers and all pofo posters against Trump : Trump is finished, he should be packing his bags already.

Drudge - Breitbart - Fox - Republicans - all pofo posters pro Trump : Trump will not be impeached, he did nothing wrong, he will be re-elected next year.

Is there anyone left who does not belong to any of those two sides ?

I am seriously avoiding the news these days.

That is exactly right. Nothing about this is bipartisan. It is another hoax like the Russia collusion hoax.
By Rugoz
Ter wrote:Drudge - Breitbart - Fox - Republicans

Are there any decent quality "Republican newspapers" left? Regardless of where one stands politically, there can be no doubt that newspapers like the WP or NYT are of much higher quality than the above mentioned trash.
By Hindsite
Rugoz wrote:Are there any decent quality "Republican newspapers" left? Regardless of where one stands politically, there can be no doubt that newspapers like the WP or NYT are of much higher quality than the above mentioned trash.

There are the Washington Times and the New York Post from those same cities.
Praise the Lord.
By Ter
Rugoz wrote:Are there any decent quality "Republican newspapers" left? Regardless of where one stands politically, there can be no doubt that newspapers like the WP or NYT are of much higher quality than the above mentioned trash.

I agree with you.
When it comes to Trump however, it looks like they have lost their minds.
By Hindsite
Ter wrote:I agree with you.
When it comes to Trump however, it looks like they have lost their minds.

The Dems got Trump Derangement Syndrome when he busted their bubble by winning the election. It began and is spreading among them by the impeachment bug of hate.
By Hindsite
FOX News and FOX Business News is my best source for political news.
HalleluYah
By Beren
Stormsmith wrote:I figured Speaker Pelosi was waiting for this type of situation, and now she appears to have it. A man named Mark Sandy (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sandy) will be testifying that President
Trump told him to put a hold on the $400,000 to Ukraine for arms, which he did, then checked to see if it legal, and found out it wasnt. He quit.

This is to Speaker Pelosi the equivalent to President Nixon's tapes which is when the GOP told President Nixon they couldn't support him and he had to resign. It will be interesting if she pursues it and puts the president in prison. Orange is his colour.

It's $400,000,000 actually.

Trump won't go to prison, he'll be pardoned by Pence like Nixon was by Ford, if necessary. I'm sure, however, that Pelosi's in cahoots with some Congressional Republicans to bring down Trump with this. Even Pence could be involved.
By Beren
The Guardian wrote:ImageRudy Giuliani told the Guardian he was not nervous about the possibility of Donald Trump ‘throwing him
under the bus’. ‘I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance.’ Photograph: Peter Foley/EPA

Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, has said he is confident the president will remain loyal to him as an impeachment inquiry unfolds in which the former New York mayor has become a central figure.

But Giuliani joked that he had good “insurance” in case Trump did turn on him, amid speculation Republicans will seek to frame him as a rogue actor.

In a telephone interview with the Guardian, in response to a question about whether he was nervous that Trump might “throw him under a bus” in the impeachment crisis, Giuliani said, with a slight laugh: “I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid.”

Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello, who was also on the call, then interjected: “He’s joking.”

The greatest client-attorney relationship ever, smells like mutual trust to me. :lol:

The Guardian wrote:Giuliani also defended his role as Trump’s attorney, and repeatedly said he had spoken to the president on Wednesday night, and that Trump had wished him a good night.

Asked about whether he believed Trump would remain loyal to him, amid speculation Republican lawmakers could seek to pin the blame for alleged wrongdoing on Giuliani personally in an effort to shield the president, Giuliani said he believed Trump, who he has known for three decades, was a “very loyal guy”.

:lol:
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:I figured Speaker Pelosi was waiting for this type of situation, and now she appears to have it. A man named Mark Sandy (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sandy) will be testifying that President

Speaker Pelosi will need to soon show that they can really walk and chew gum at the same time like they keep saying. They need to work on a budget before there is another shutdown. The least they could do for the American people is to pass the USMCA. That should be an easy one for them.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:There are a few things going on here. Don The Con was holding court today entertaining the Boss of Turkey most likely discussing dead Kurds while Don The Con worked, i'm sure, on another Quid Pro Quo to see what he could get out of Turkey in return for his removing American troops from Syria but ……………………. maybe more important, I doubt many even noticed.

I'm sure his opponents for the presidency didn't notice. While they are screwing around, he's getting things done. The Democrats have been on vacation since Pelosi took power, getting absolutely nothing done other than renaming a few post offices after Democratic Party politicians. Trump even had another rally in Louisiana. Love him or hate him, the guy is a hell of a lot more productive by himself than the entire Democratic party.

jimjam wrote:BTW, who do you think is smarter: Donald or Nancy. I give the edge to Nancy ……. she is one smart tough bitch and it does look as if Don is afraid of her. And, of course, Nancy has the home court advantage. She's got the rules memorized while Don has difficulty even reading a paragraph.

Nancy is frankly passed her prime. She's good at retail politics, working a rope line, etc. Otherwise, she's not that gifted intellectually.

jimjam wrote:Yes, use the more accurate term "bribery" to make it clear to the public what Trump did to the Ukrainian president. Bribery is clearly an impeachable offense.

You don't have a quid pro quo, so there is neither bribery nor extortion. There isn't even a crime. Zelensky himself says so. It's kind of hard to convict someone when the supposed victim disagrees with the assertion.

jimjam wrote:But I am marveling at Nancy's timing, which is "everything," as she has moved this case against Trump along. She didn't pounce for impeachment immediately after the release of the damning Mueller Report. No, she waited until Trump crossed the line big time (as she predicted he would) and made his big mistake with his stupid Ukrainian bribery move.

Yeah. It's great jimjam, when the witnesses you've called haven't actually witnessed anything. Kent, Taylor and Yovanovitch weren't on the call, and have never met, spoken with, or communicated with Trump in any way, while the "whistleblower" is hiding away as his testimony is also 100% hearsay. The only one who was there, Vindman, can't name a crime committed. Nobody seems to be able to establish that.

jimjam wrote:And now it is a slow drip, drip, drip, as the investigation of Trump drags on day after day, spoiling Trump's control of the media and the message, and probably driving him nuts since he is so impatient and impulsive.

If you watched his speech in Louisiana last night, he thinks he's got this beat and the Democrats look foolish once again.

stormsmith wrote:A man named Mark Sandy (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sandy) will be testifying that President
Trump told him to put a hold on the $400,000 to Ukraine for arms, which he did, then checked to see if it legal, and found out it wasnt.

Once again, can you name the crime here. What's illegal about not disbursing funds immediately? Congress imposed an obligation on the president to ensure funds aren't being wasted. He's obliged to review expenditures.

The Washington Times, particularly Byron York's work.

Beren wrote:Trump won't go to prison, he'll be pardoned by Pence like Nixon was by Ford, if necessary. I'm sure, however, that Pelosi's in cahoots with some Congressional Republicans to bring down Trump with this. Even Pence could be involved.

Politically, it would be the kiss of death. Trump draws larger crowds than any Democrat or Republican. Now that he has exposed the deep state, people love him even more.

Anyway, it's on to today's episode of lying-while-crying as they put Marie Yovanovitch on the witness stand after having witnessed nothing herself.
By Finfinder
Ukraine hearings Democratic council to Marie Yovanovitch "How did it make you feel" what is this ......coffee talk from SNL Mike Myers?

:lol:
This is the deep state people! Very partisan life long career unelected bureaucrats who talk shit about their bosses and act baffled why their asses get fired.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
Very partisan..

Seriously, you are going to have to do a lot better than that.

Those lazy Jr High school level lies aren't going to work when people can see her for themselves.
By Finfinder
late wrote:Seriously, you are going to have to do a lot better than that.

Those lazy Jr High school level lies aren't going to work when people can see her for themselves.

I'm starting to like the idea of impeachment. I don't think its every going to happen because there will be little left of the Democrat's once Mitch McConnell gets hold of them. Like in a senate trial where the president gets to defend himself. Call Comey, Clinton, Schiff, Brennan, Clapper, the Bidens Joe and Hunter the Orrs, John Kerry and his son, half the corrupt top level CIA officers and FBI agents and NSA agents. Also all the people from the FISA case starring Susan Rice maybe the messiah himself, Obama. Mind you McConnell will do this during the height of the campaign season pulling all the people off the trail to expose their corruption and lies. Good luck with all of that.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
I'm starting to like the idea of impeachment. I don't think its every going to happen because there will be little left of the Democrat's once Mitch McConnell gets hold of them. Like in a senate trial where the president gets to defend himself. Call Comey, Clinton, Schiff, Brennan, Clapper, the Bidens Joe and Hunter the Orrs, John Kerry and his son, half the corrupt top level CIA officers and FBI agents and NSA agents. Also all the people from the FISA case starring Susan Rice maybe the messiah himself, Obama. Mind you McConnell will do this during the height of the campaign season pulling all the people off the trail to expose their corruption and lies. Good luck with all of that.

For once, you have an actual real point.

I am amazed. Busted clocks...

Yes, McConnell could turn the Senate into a 3 ring circus. That could go explosively wrong for either party.

The thing that makes me wonder if he would actually do that, is because he's tired of watching things blow up in his face.

But you have a good point, it would be second nature for him to get dirty.

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]

Candace Owens

She has, and to add gravitas to what she has said[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspirac[…]

Both of them have actually my interest at heart. […]