“Iceworm” - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Some were banned. Some were not.

Tomahawk missiles have been part of the United States arsenal for four decades.

Only nuclear armed variants which would be launched from land-based systems were banned.

Given such a narrow scope, it's incorrect to make the statement that Tomahawks were banned...
By BigSteve
late wrote:Not sure I've ever seen a guy need a win this bad.

Shit, you should read PoD's posts...
By late
BigSteve wrote:
Given such a narrow scope, it's incorrect to make the statement that Tomahawks were banned...

That narrow scope is precisely what the quote refers to.

You babble.
By BigSteve
late wrote:That narrow scope is precisely what the quote refers to.

"The US refused to renegotiate the Treaty and announced successful tests of the previously banned Tomahawk missile with a range of 2,500 km."

What that statement says is that Tomahawks had been banned.

That's a wildly inaccurate...
By late
BigSteve wrote:
What that statement says is that Tomahawks had been banned.

""The INF was a 1987 pact with the former Soviet Union that banned ground-launched nuclear and conventional ballistic and cruise missiles with ranges of 500 to 5,000 kilometers.."

You are taking that out of context to pretend you have a point.

It's childish, it's amusing, and I wonder how long you can stay that way.

IOW, two can play that game, capiche?
By BigSteve
late wrote:""The INF was a 1987 pact with the former Soviet Union that banned ground-launched nuclear and conventional ballistic and cruise missiles with ranges of 500 to 5,000 kilometers.."

You are taking that out of context to pretend you have a point.

It's childish, it's amusing, and I wonder how long you can stay that way.

IOW, two can play that game, capiche?

All I did was repeat what you posted. If you have a problem with that, don't come whining to me...
By late
BigSteve wrote:
All I did was repeat what you posted. If you have a problem with that, don't come whining to me...

You took the quote out of context in a desperate attempt to make a point.

Didn't work.
By BigSteve
late wrote:You took the quote out of context in a desperate attempt to make a point.

Didn't work.

Look, I understand how much it must hurt you to have your point debased, but it's only because you chose to post what you did, with little regard for accuracy.

Maybe next time you'll try harder...
By Pants-of-dog
@BigSteve

The text you keep quoting is from the OP, written by a user named @Alex Portman.

@late never made that claim.

Now, are you fine with US attempts to control the Arctic?
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve Now, are you fine with US attempts to control the Arctic?

Yes.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Even though the US is ignoring the people who actually live there?

Who's ignoring them?

Currently, there are people from the US, Finland, Greenland, Sweden, Iceland, Canada, Norway and Russia living in the arctic.

How are we ignoring those people?
By Pants-of-dog
The USA has recently started to dismiss the claims of other countries and nations as illegitimate:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pompeo ... -1.5125293

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stunned onlookers Monday by taking swipes at Canada, China and Russia in a speech to delegates attending the Arctic Council ministerial.

Pompeo, along with foreign ministers from the seven other Arctic nations — Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Russia — is in Rovaniemi, Finland this week for the eleventh Arctic Council ministerial meeting.

Pompeo used his speech to call out countries he accused of making illegitimate claims to Arctic territory, citing Canada's claim to the Northwest Passage as internal waters. The U.S. considers the Northwest Passage to be international waters.

Why do you think Teump tried, and spectacularly failed, to buy Greenland? If we read the OP, the answer is obviously to enforce US military control over the Arctic.

And this is why the US is sending the Navy into the Arctic:
https://www.arctictoday.com/the-us-navy ... osession=1

And, of course, there is absolutely no representation by Inuit and other indigenous groups, nor is anyone listening to them.

This is what the USA is doing instead of helping with climate change: trying to get rich off it.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]