Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Al Jazeera wrote:Brazil Amazon forest defender shot dead by illegal loggers

Paulo Paulino Guajajara, a member of the Guardians of the Forest group, has died after being shot in the face.

An indigenous forest defender has been killed and another wounded after they were ambushed by illegal loggers in Brazil's Amazon forest, according to authorities.

Paulo Paulino Guajajara, a leader of an indigenous group seeking to protect the Arariboia indigenous reserve in Maranhao state from incursions, was shot in the face while on a hunting trip, leaders of the Guajajara tribe said on Saturday.

Hundreds of inspired, useful people like this guy are murdered every day by Western allies (vassals sometimes). And this happens while Greta is trying to hitch a solar-sailboat ride to the next climate conference.

The West is delusional and its delusional elite creates a fake reality via mass media in order to continue with their world-ending atrocities.
QatzelOk wrote:Hundreds of inspired, useful people like this guy are murdered every day by Western US allies (vassals sometimes).

There, fixed that for you.

And this happens while Greta is trying to hitch a solar-sailboat ride to the next climate conference.

How exactly is she responsible for the killing of Paulo Paulino Guajajara?

Seems like it is you who is delusional.
Atlantis wrote:There, fixed that for you.

You didn't fix it at all. You ruined it. Many of the mineral companies that want to get their fangs into other sovereign nation's ecosystems are NOT based in the USA. They are often based in Western Europe or Canada, and are multi-nationals mainly representing the elites of rich, white nations.

How exactly is she responsible for the killing of Paulo Paulino Guajajara?

Seems like it is you who is delusional.

She is in no way responsible for the death of Paulo.

My point is that hundreds of "Paulos and Gretas" get slaughtered every day in countries we are allied with all over the world (to the applause of Western leaders), while our media ignores them and instead does closeups of one single girl from Sweden who is very unlikely to be slaughtered to the applause of Western leaders.

Greta is a "Potemkin Village" environmental activist, in no way typical. This is the FAULT of our elite's mass media propaganda universe, giving us fake icons to worship and imitate.
QatzelOk wrote:Greta is a "Potemkin Village" environmental activist, in no way typical. This is the FAULT of our elite's mass media propaganda universe, giving us fake icons to worship and imitate.

I'll take issue with this. If she's a "fake" environmental activist, what is a real activist? Who said we have to worship her? Where does she say that we have to worship Greta?

She managed to generate a mass movement to protest against climate change. What have you done? You are much older, yet what have you done, except for spouting your fundamentalist crap?
Atlantis wrote:I'll take issue with this. If she's a "fake" environmental activist, what is a real activist?

I didn't say "fake." I said Potemkin Village. These villages were very real, they were just extremely atypical, in the same way that Main Street Disneyworld is very different than Main Street Flint, Michigan.

Who said we have to worship her? Where does she say that we have to worship Greta?

The media spotlight is totally focussed on this one, white icon of environmental protection. This is a call to worship on the part of commercial media.

She managed to generate a mass movement to protest against climate change.

No she didn't. It was already there. Mass media decided to prop her up in front of an already existing movement. For what reason is obvious: to divert attention from the real behavior or our elites and governments and convince us that "someone is doing something," when really, they aren't.

What have you done? You are much older, yet what have you done, except for spouting your fundamentalist crap?

Greta and I both share being text-based. We are both text-based, but I have in no way been promoted by any commercial media sponsor. I am no Elvis Presley. (Icon to worship)
QatzelOk wrote:I am no Elvis Presley.

Are you sore that she has got fame you have not?

It is cynical to assume that she's doing it for the fame and not for the climate. Or is it projection?

I, like many people, have chosen a sustainable life-style without waste, yet nobody knows about it. In fact, if I were to write about it, you would probably be the first to ridicule me for some reasons of your own. You deride everything that doesn't fully correspond with your radical ideas. In fact, your fanaticism is more destructive than the cynicism of the climate change deniers.

Ultimately, it's important that each of us does his/her bit, but unless there is a mass movement to achieve a political momentum, it will have no effect whatsoever. Whatever we have done individually against climate change, during our life-time, industrialization and consumerism have steadily eroded the natural balance so that we are now at the point of no return.

Collectively, our generation has achieved nothing in all these years except to let things deteriorate. I need Greta just a little as you do, yet without a visible head, the FfF movement will grind to a halt and we'll return to the lethargy everybody has become used to, until it'll be too late. In fact, the Trumpists together with right-wing populists (who share your fanaticism and arguments) are on the rise world-wide to abort any measures against climate.

This is not too difficult for you to understand. If despite of that you tune into the chorus of those who verbally abuse our children or grandchildren, it is for your own reasons I rather not speculate about. It certainly is not motivated by a desire to do something about climate change.
Atlantis wrote:Are you sore that she has got fame you have not?

It is cynical to assume that she's doing it for the fame and not for the climate. Or is it projection?

I really don't care "why she is doing it."

For me, it's "why the media are doing it," because the media decided to spotlight some young white chick from Sweden, while young brown chicks and guys are being slaughtered left and right for their own sponsors.

So it's really the mass media's intent that interests me - the political part of this.

If you want to speculate about the intentions and desires of a 16-year-old girl, then that would be better in Human Interests stories. I'm not interested (or commenting) on the inner motives of the media darlings that we are offered by our corporate manipulators at all.

But the phenomenon of media darlings itself (the chosen celebs of commercial media) is very important because it is part of our dumbing down process as a society. Media-created stupidity includes idol worship, and I am suggesting that this is more distraction than education.

Distraction isn't helping (and hasn't helped) us deal with all the life-ending pollutions of the commercial modern world. And a huge part of our contamination has been brought to you by the same mass media that is bringing us Greta, the pied piper of Climate Change sponsors.

If you don't question the sudden apparition of a climate angel on commercial media, then you are far more gullible than any species that is configured for survival.
This thread only exists because the oil industry wants to keep making their immense profits, climate collapse be damned, and spends huge amounts of these profits on fighting the awareness of the climate catastrophe.
Negotiator wrote:This thread only exists because the oil industry wants to keep making their immense profits, climate collapse be damned, and spends huge amounts of these profits on fighting the awareness of the climate catastrophe.

Are you suggesting that it was an alliance of car companies and fossil fuel companies that put pressure on mass media to create some kind of ecological pop star that viewers could feel good about watching on TV?
QatzelOk wrote:Are you suggesting that it was an alliance of car companies and fossil fuel companies that put pressure on mass media to create some kind of ecological pop star that viewers could feel good about watching on TV?

Of course it's backfired on them because people have gotten in on the joke(on both sides of the debate, lol). Hopefully she provides more hilarious apocalyptic prediction material in the future and isn't just a one hit wonder.
colliric wrote:Of course it's backfired on them because people have gotten in on the joke(on both sides of the debate, lol). Hopefully she provides more hilarious apocalyptic prediction material in the future and isn't just a one hit wonder.

I have a feeling that only a tiny part of the world's species are involved in that debate. Most humans just receive the information as another media trope - the eco pop-star trope. It adds a bit of "green concern" to their brain-dead media viewing and suburban coach-surfing universe.

By the way, both the video soundtracks you provided above are fantastic, but I particularly liked the EDM one (the second one) because I was able to provide soulful back vocals.

"How dare you, how dare you! Ooh!"
maz wrote:The spokesperson of the extremist kook movement Extinction Rebellion explains how global warming is whitey's fault and how they must pay.

Gail Bradbrrok co-founder extinction rebellion - Global warming is really about systemic racism and white supremacy and the patriarchy - mp3

All of this vegan, global warming, immigration antifa and LGBT garbage are all basically parts the same movement.

Well it's all come full circle now.

I can't believe how retarded pofo can get at times.

Short answer to all the bullshit questions that might come my way:
1)Does she believe in global warming and protest to change things? Of course she does!
2)Is she honest about all what she says? She is!
3)Should we do something about global warming by now? Yeah, we should!
4)Do you think that there is nobody standing behind her? There is somebody backing her from the shadows!
5)Should a child have an opinion? Yes, she should!
6)Does somebody backing her from the shadows make her argument wrong? No, it doesn't!
7)Does it matter that somebody backs her? No, it doesn't!
8)Is she correct on advocating rapid radical change? Probably she is wrong on that. I do not think that it is doable!

What other bullshit arguments can both sides on pofo come up with?

Why We Strike Again

On the next two Fridays, we will again take to the streets: worldwide on November 29, and in Madrid, Santiago, and many other places on December 6 during the UN climate conference. Schoolchildren, young people, and adults all over the world will stand together, demanding that our leaders take action – not because we want them to, but because the science demands it.That action must be powerful and wide-ranging.

After all, the climate crisis is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all. Our political leaders can no longer shirk their responsibilities.

Yet somehow, these same racist and patriarchal systems of oppression in Western nations allow, and even assist in helping thousands of hysterical teenage girls to hold temper tantrums in their city centers.

I mean, what does this retarded shit even mean?
@maz You are exactly like the people who used to despise the protesters in the 1960s.

Change isn't happening very fast, and wanting more of it, is a good thing.

maz wrote:I mean, what does this retarded shit even mean?
You know exactly what it means, but you don't want to accept that you might be part of the problem, or that it might take change, on your part.
Godstud wrote:@maz You are exactly like the people who used to despise the protesters in the 1960s.

Change isn't happening very fast, and wanting more of it, is a good thing.

Funny thing is those protestors were all Baby Boomers and late-born Silent Generation individuals.

You know alot of these climate change protestors hate all Baby Boomers right(including those 60s protestors) and call the Baby Boomers the "worst generation ever" and lump the late born Silenters into the same group. Generation Z has turned out to be slightly less progressive and so to millienials they are slightly less worse than Boomers.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]