Until we get a Carbon Tax, we haven't even started - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
What rancid said was SATIRE.

Satire
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I am not ridiculing you. You are mistaken, and being combative. I am pointing out that you are ignorant of this particular thing.

The :moron: is in response to what you did in TLTE, but since you think it's meaningless, then there's no mockery, right?
Rancid wrote:Since when was I left wing?

I just said it was a worthy project for a left-wing loony. I was not saying you was left-wing, but of course, if the shoe fits you can wear it.

Godstud wrote:I am not ridiculing you. You are mistaken, and being combative. I am pointing out that you are ignorant of this particular thing.

Yes, I know, you are just being your normal self with me.
HalleluYah
Satire
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
Hindsite wrote:
The moral of that story is it didn't happen.

Research has been pointing at an anthropogenic cause for half a century.

The government also had a secret research program in the 1970s, that found the same thing.

The moral is the lack of morality.
Godstud wrote:I am not insulting you, nor did I call you stupid, but you clearly cannot follow the conversation(or you are not trying to).

I never claimed that you are insulting me. Asking me that does not call me stupid. It was just a curiosity, you don't need to get combative.

It is early in morning in Thailand. For such a quick response.....
@SSDR Go back and read the pages where Rancid made his comment, and you'll see it. It was a response to Hindsite's climate change denials. The very definition of satire includes using it to make a political point, too, which was what rancid was doing.

Anyways, have a good morning.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Yes, and that conditional statement is not necessa[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]