"America's IQ dropped a 100 points" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
That was the former Republican, Morning Joe, talking about the performance of the Republicans in the impeachment hearings yesterday.

Something that bugged most of the Morning Joe panel was the way Republicans were pretending we hadn't been learning about this for months.

Sondland tried weaseling as best he could, but when he said "Everybody was in the loop", that was that. Everybody went under the bus.

Republicans are still complaining there isn't enough, but the reason we aren't hearing from White House insiders like Bolton or Mulvaney is because of the biggest obstruction of justice in American history. The reason we don't have them is going to be another item on the impeachment list (just like Nixon).

One last thing, except for Jordan (who seemed a bit deranged) they were a bit robotic, each one repeating the talking points they wanted to throw into the fever swamps of the extreme Right.

Another last thing (sorry) is that if there is a 'Deep State', it's run by the only president in American history to act like a mafia boss.
Another last thing (sorry) is that if there is a 'Deep State', it's run by the only president in American history to act like a mafia boss.

The only one? Hmm.... :eh:

Potemkin wrote:
The only one? Hmm.... :eh:

Talk about a gift, thank you!

A mafia boss is a lot like a dictator (or whatever word you prefer, like autocrat). What he isn't like is representative democracy.

In poker, when someone accidentally reveals their emotions, it's called a tell.

That's a tell.
The real question is has the Democrats and the mainstream media lied so much they will ever gain credibility again. For instance this thread, is just another flat out troll and a continuance of the gaslight theater it is completely dishonest projections the OP know this. Just like the hearing yesterday which pretty much ended the entire sham and lie this thread is just a mirror image of the liar Schiff. Is Adam Schiff respected anywhere outside this task, he got 7 Pinocchios yesterday this thread gets 5? How can you lead people gain power and keep it with no credibility. How can you lead a country when you think people are so stupid they do not see through this.

that is a great T-Shirt idea Lie Like a Democrat

:lol: :lol:
Finfinder wrote:
The real question is has the Democrats and the mainstream media lied so much they will ever gain credibility again. For instance this thread, is just another flat out troll and a continuance of the gaslight theater

Accusing someone else of something you are doing is a typical behavior among a certain class of Americans who typically try to avoid responsibility for their behavior.

There is a reason I usually post sources, and you do not.

You've got a lot to hide.
late wrote:Talk about a gift, thank you!

A mafia boss is a lot like a dictator (or whatever word you prefer, like autocrat). What he isn't like is representative democracy.

In poker, when someone accidentally reveals their emotions, it's called a tell.

That's a tell.

I just don't understand the obsession with Trump, as though Trump has besmirched the great and spotless office of President, uniquely among all who have ever been elected to that august office. Trump is not unique, and he's not a dictator or even an autocrat. He's just a loud-mouthed bumbling idiot who is inadvertently revealing what every intelligent person has known all along - that all Presidents act like Mafia bosses. In fact, Mafia bosses act like Presidents. Lol. ;)
Potemkin wrote:
Trump is not unique, and he's not a dictator or even an autocrat. He's just a loud-mouthed bumbling idiot who is inadvertently revealing what every intelligent person has known all along - that all Presidents act like Mafia bosses. In fact, Mafia bosses act like Presidents.

Actually, Trump has shown us dozens of ways he's different from most other presidents.

That's easy to do, just start comparing him to Nixon, and why Nixon was thrown out of office.

The next step is harder. The presidency is a brutally hard job (not that Trump has ever done it). The American government is complex, with thousands and thousands of things that need doing. And traps and mistakes that need to be avoided.

A good president is something of a magician keeping those thousands of people working together towards a common goal.

Trump does almost none of that. Nixon actually did a lot of that. But he also did a lot of that really badly.

The historian McCullough likes to say the presidency is a test of character. The demands on your character are almost always extreme, and how a president responds to those challenges in large part determine his standing in history.

Trump is one of the worst. I am quite pissed that he may have pushed Bush 2 out of the bottom 3. We've had some really dreadful presidents.
Potemkin wrote:I just don't understand the obsession with Trump, as though Trump has besmirched the great and spotless office of President, uniquely among all who have ever been elected to that august office. Trump is not unique, and he's not a dictator or even an autocrat. He's just a loud-mouthed bumbling idiot who is inadvertently revealing what every intelligent person has known all along - that all Presidents act like Mafia bosses. In fact, Mafia bosses act like Presidents. Lol. ;)

It's because they don't have an answer for any of it and they know it. The Democratic party is pretty much over with. They are losing the information war.

late wrote:Accusing someone else of something you are doing is a typical behavior among a certain class of Americans who typically try to avoid responsibility for their behavior.

There is a reason I usually post sources, and you do not.

You've got a lot to hide.

late wrote:In poker, when someone accidentally reveals their emotions, it's called a tell.That's a tell.

You are a gambling man ? Put your money where your mouth is lets bet on it I've got nothing to hide.
Finfinder wrote:
The Democratic party is pretty much over with. They are losing the information war.

You are a gambling man ?

Put your money where your mouth is lets bet on it I've got nothing to hide.

"Most Americans think Trump committed an impeachable offense"
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mo ... e-offense/

No, I will buy a lottery ticket when the prize gets absurdly high, but that's it.

Put you credibility where your mouth is, start telling us your sources. It would be wonderfully amusing.
late wrote:Republicans are still complaining there isn't enough, but the reason we aren't hearing from White House insiders like Bolton or Mulvaney is because of the biggest obstruction of justice in American history. The reason we don't have them is going to be another item on the impeachment list (just like Nixon).

They weren't on the call either. How is more hearsay going to help?

late wrote:What he isn't like is representative democracy.

Mmm hmm. Now tell us why you think so many people show up to Trump rallies, but only two people showed up to a Deval Patrick rally at a historically black college and he's a black candidate running for president? An Obama protoge no less...

Deval Patrick Cancels Event After Only Two People Show Up
That's gotta hurt.

Finfinder wrote:For instance this thread, is just another flat out troll and a continuance of the gaslight theater it is completely dishonest projections the OP know this.

What we're seeing is emotional exasperation from people who have tried everything to undermine Trump while refusing to look at the unpopularity of Democratic party proposals. Trump isn't even close to an extreme right candidate. These people are despondent if not distraught that we simply laughed at their impeachment hearings. They knew they were/are going to lose in the Senate, but they were hoping for some kind of a moral victory and it's not happening. When they go to the Senate, Trump will wage an affirmative defense. At that point, the IG report will be out and maybe even a Durham indictment. The Democrats are going to regret going down this road, but they are going to do it anyway. So we just get to sit back and watch the show of a lifetime. I didn't think anything would top the 2016 election, but 2020 may be even better with Trump winning as the Democrats are trying to impeach him and then losing the House. :D :excited: :lol:
blackjack21 wrote:What we're seeing is emotional exasperation from people who have tried everything to undermine Trump while refusing to look at the unpopularity of Democratic party proposals. Trump isn't even close to an extreme right candidate. These people are despondent if not distraught that we simply laughed at their impeachment hearings. They knew they were/are going to lose in the Senate, but they were hoping for some kind of a moral victory and it's not happening. When they go to the Senate, Trump will wage an affirmative defense. At that point, the IG report will be out and maybe even a Durham indictment. The Democrats are going to regret going down this road, but they are going to do it anyway. So we just get to sit back and watch the show of a lifetime. I didn't think anything would top the 2016 election, but 2020 may be even better with Trump winning as the Democrats are trying to impeach him and then losing the House. :D :excited: :lol:

This is why I think the Democratic party is over, it's ended as we know it. Especially when the IG report comes out, the truth. How can Democrats possibly govern when its proven they are simply liars, cheaters ,and fixers. How can you negotiate bipartisan legislation when time and time again its proven you cannot be trusted and have bad intentions.
blackjack21 wrote:
They weren't on the call either. How is more hearsay going to help?

They were part of Trump's inner circle. They knew what was going on, and it is more than probable one or more when the call was made.

How we stick with the obvious, they are hidden because what they would say would damage Trump.
Finfinder wrote:
How can you negotiate bipartisan legislation when time and time again its proven you cannot be trusted and have bad intentions.

Yeah, that democrat that said they were the "Party of NO" is just despicable.

Oh wait, that was Republican "Moscow" Mitch McConnell.

https://www.amazon.com/Party-Over-Republicans-Democrats-Useless/dp/0143124218/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=mike+lofgren&qid=1574441589&sr=8-2
late wrote:Yeah, that democrat that said they were the "Party of NO" is just despicable.

Oh wait, that was Republican "Moscow" Mitch McConnell.

https://www.amazon.com/Party-Over-Republicans-Democrats-Useless/dp/0143124218/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=mike+lofgren&qid=1574441589&sr=8-2

That was after the Democrats branded the term you have to pass a bill before you know what is in it.

BTW McConnell didn't preside over several coup attempts
Finfinder wrote:This is why I think the Democratic party is over, it's ended as we know it. Especially when the IG report comes out, the truth. How can Democrats possibly govern when its proven they are simply liars, cheaters ,and fixers. How can you negotiate bipartisan legislation when time and time again its proven you cannot be trusted and have bad intentions.

There's a lot packed in that statement. I agree with you that this is existential for the Democrats. Nancy Pelosi has said as much indirectly in that they cannot survive another 4 years of Trump. I said back in 2015, and even had said something similar earlier, that I thought the press had to be bribed in the vernacular sense in order to report the way they were reporting. An excellent example of that would be someone like Joe Scarborough. The guy was a fighter pilot and a Republican congressman during the Newt Gingrich years. Unless he has some sexual identity issues, I seriously doubt that he's going to have that kind of a political change with age. Churchill was reported to have said words to the effect of, "Show me a young conservative, and I'll show you someone without a heart; show me an old liberal, and I'll show you someone without a brain." I think these people have simply been paid amply to try to sway people--somewhat like Drlee--a newly minted Democrat--extolling his lifelong affiliation with the Republican party, while disagreeing with everything it has been about for the last 30 years. The American people are generous to a fault, and in spite of everything I had said before 2016, most people simply couldn't see the bias I was talking about for what it was--even after 2004 and Dan Rather destroying his anchorship at CBS News in a fake news hit on George W. Bush. However, the hacking of the DNC--most probably by the late Seth Rich--revealed the inner workings of the DNC and their close relationship with the media. The Hillary Clinton emails showed that she was openly telling Wall Street donors that she was on their side, but had to lie to the public to get elected. This whole impeachment fiasco shows that a lot of politicians, Trump being the rare exception, are stalled out by a deep state that pulls dirty tricks on morally compromised politicians to get their way--overriding the will of the American people. Even some of the Democrats longest and dirtiest plays have backfired--like Black Lives Matter coming to fruition in the second half of the second term of the first Black POTUS. Such a movement shouldn't have any legs if Barack Obama were doing things for the black community, but today black unemployment is at record lows under Trump. The First Step Act was passed at Trump's urging.

Another aspect of the impeachment saga is that there is a clear effort to cover up for the deep state shenanigans that tried to stop Trump from exercising his office. They are trying to hide the DNC's games with the Ukrainians among other things--all of that is going to come out in the wash.

To revise other remarks I've made, I think people like jimjam and late are so despondent today also includes Joe Biden's debate performance. Biden is the last neocon standing. His remark about the only black female senator had Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and then the entire audience laughing at Biden. It wasn't even derisive. Kamala Harris had a little sparkle in her eye. It was more of a "look at the cute senile old guy"--leaving Biden to look like a lovable oaf at best. Outside of Biden, their neocon best shot is a Warren who mirrors Sanders, but will sell out his supporters as soon as she's elected, just like Obama did to blacks.

late wrote:They were part of Trump's inner circle. They knew what was going on, and it is more than probable one or more when the call was made.

How we stick with the obvious, they are hidden because what they would say would damage Trump.

You're really struggling today. Is it the political failure of impeachment, or the fact that Biden is going down the tubes?
blackjack21 wrote:There's a lot packed in that statement. I agree with you that this is existential for the Democrats. Nancy Pelosi has said as much indirectly in that they cannot survive another 4 years of Trump. I said back in 2015, and even had said something similar earlier, that I thought the press had to be bribed in the vernacular sense in order to report the way they were reporting. An excellent example of that would be someone like Joe Scarborough. The guy was a fighter pilot and a Republican congressman during the Newt Gingrich years. Unless he has some sexual identity issues, I seriously doubt that he's going to have that kind of a political change with age. Churchill was reported to have said words to the effect of, "Show me a young conservative, and I'll show you someone without a heart; show me an old liberal, and I'll show you someone without a brain." I think these people have simply been paid amply to try to sway people--somewhat like Drlee--a newly minted Democrat--extolling his lifelong affiliation with the Republican party, while disagreeing with everything it has been about for the last 30 years. The American people are generous to a fault, and in spite of everything I had said before 2016, most people simply couldn't see the bias I was talking about for what it was--even after 2004 and Dan Rather destroying his anchorship at CBS News in a fake news hit on George W. Bush. However, the hacking of the DNC--most probably by the late Seth Rich--revealed the inner workings of the DNC and their close relationship with the media. The Hillary Clinton emails showed that she was openly telling Wall Street donors that she was on their side, but had to lie to the public to get elected. This whole impeachment fiasco shows that a lot of politicians, Trump being the rare exception, are stalled out by a deep state that pulls dirty tricks on morally compromised politicians to get their way--overriding the will of the American people. Even some of the Democrats longest and dirtiest plays have backfired--like Black Lives Matter coming to fruition in the second half of the second term of the first Black POTUS. Such a movement shouldn't have any legs if Barack Obama were doing things for the black community, but today black unemployment is at record lows under Trump. The First Step Act was passed at Trump's urging.

Another aspect of the impeachment saga is that there is a clear effort to cover up for the deep state shenanigans that tried to stop Trump from exercising his office. They are trying to hide the DNC's games with the Ukrainians among other things--all of that is going to come out in the wash.

To revise other remarks I've made, I think people like jimjam and late are so despondent today also includes Joe Biden's debate performance. Biden is the last neocon standing. His remark about the only black female senator had Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and then the entire audience laughing at Biden. It wasn't even derisive. Kamala Harris had a little sparkle in her eye. It was more of a "look at the cute senile old guy"--leaving Biden to look like a lovable oaf at best. Outside of Biden, their neocon best shot is a Warren who mirrors Sanders, but will sell out his supporters as soon as she's elected, just like Obama did to blacks.

I agree a few odds and ends to add to that.

I think you probably can look at the genesis of all this occurring when FOX news broke the monopoly on the liberal propaganda machine. We have been at war ever since.

The last two Democrat presidents got into politics poor and came out filthy rich.

Trump will probably go down historically as a great president because he has so much political courage as much or more than Reagan. .
blackjack21 wrote:
I agree with you that this is existential for the Democrats. Nancy Pelosi has said as much indirectly in that they cannot survive another 4 years of Trump.

I said back in 2015, and even had said something similar earlier, that I thought the press had to be bribed in the vernacular sense in order to report the way they were reporting. An excellent example of that would be someone like Joe Scarborough. The guy was a fighter pilot and a Republican congressman during the Newt Gingrich years. Unless he has some sexual identity issues, I seriously doubt that he's going to have that kind of a political change with age.

Pelosi was talking about democracy, not Democrats. There is a Blue wave, the midterms were great for Dems, and the next election should be ok. Ignoring the presidential election, for a moment, there aren't as many Republican seats at risk as Dems, but the so called moderates like Susan Collins will be facing an uphill battle.

You really have no understanding of this. While I don't like Joe, I do watch because he always has a few superb guests, I watch for them. So let's talk about Joe. Like a lot of Republicans, the party left him before he left the party. Mike Lofgren, who worked in the Senate as a Republican for nearly a generation, put it succintly: They went crazy.

Now he supports the corporate wing of the Dem party. He still has an absurd misapprehension of economics, and a lot of other things. One foot remains in the version of Right wing politics he came of age in, and the other is in the world of the corporate wing of the Dems. When I was young, the corporate wing ran the Republican party, it was called the East Coast Establishment.

IOW, those Dems are Right center. When Joe was a kid, that was what Republicans were. His popularity rests largely on the way the show is structured. He is really very good at dissecting the politics of the day. Once his rant is over, the real experts take over (I really like Steele on days like today, he was the head of the RNC and knew exactly how to explain how the RNC wound up spending close to 100K to get Don Jr's book on the best seller list).

What is more interesting is the degree to which you are projecting. You are quite aware of the depth of corruption among Republicans. But you don't want to admit that, so you project it onto the other side. It's endearing, the way children try to understand the world of grownups, but so often get it terribly wrong.

Which is not to say Dems aren't corrupt, just not in the way you think they are.
blackjack21 wrote:"Show me a young conservative, and I'll show you someone without a heart; show me an old liberal, and I'll show you someone without a brain."

That sounds a bit doubtful as Churchill defected to the Liberals from Conservatives at the age of 30 and didn't defect back till he was 50. If Churchill had a youthful radical flirtation, it was with Islam.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]