Climate Change Could Make Russia Great Again - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

link in OP wrote:The climate crisis is gradually becoming a fact of life. Huge expanses of land around the globe are turning arid, human populations are being driven to migrate, entire species are becoming extinct and extreme natural phenomena are occurring with increasing frequency. Scientists and political leaders alike are deeply concerned about the danger looming for the continuation of life on Earth. But others have a different take on the developments. Every crisis is an opportunity, they believe, and indeed, for Russia the climate crisis constitutes a golden opportunity.

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/.pre ... -1.8094614

Its a short read and worth it, though the content is not new.
I dont believe the climate "change", or rather catastrophe, because its not a change to the better, will be a "chance" for any country as a whole.

For example, large parts of land will be lost, like florida, netherlands, bangladesh. Many of the largest cities of the world are near the ocean, that will be especially bad. A lot of people will lose their home and will have to move elsewhere.

And thats just the start. Thats just what will happen at 1.5 degree, about 8 years from now.

The real "fun" will start when we enter runaway reactions. Like when the permafrost starts to melt, which apparently in Canada has already started, and releases huge amounts of carbon dioxide and other such gases, in turn causing more rising temperatures and thus more melting and more release. This could cause a five degrees celsius rise in the global temperature.

The idea that we can get more gas and oil from the climate collapse is crazy funny though. If you have a sense for black humor. :knife:
Negotiator wrote:The idea that we can get more gas and oil from the climate collapse is crazy funny though. If you have a sense for black humor. :knife:

Well, the survivors have to live on anyways.

Of course I do not see that as humour either, but rather pragmatism.

And of course one can name it "black humour". After all, petroleum is quite black.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Russia is on a way to an inevitable decline nothing will make them great again
a country without people worth nothing

Maybe this Honourable Gentleman can explain how and why Russia is "a country without people"?
Patrickov wrote:Maybe this Honourable Gentleman can explain how and why Russia is "a country without people"?

Russian population is on decline by 2050 it will drop to 124 million by 2100 to 83
the recent confrontation with the west have made things worse for the average Russian
more people are dying than than being born and alot leaving the country (alot of middle and high income class)
Russia have no idea no ideology and gives no incentive for its people to remain in the country its just an oligarchy where money speaks louder than the law
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
Russian population is on decline by 2050 it will drop to 124 million by 2100 to 83
the recent confrontation with the west have made things worse for the average Russian
more people are dying than than being born and alot leaving the country (alot of middle and high income class)
Russia have no idea no ideology and gives no incentive for its people to remain in the country its just an oligarchy where money speaks louder than the law
Seriously the United States is also an oligarchy where money speaks louder than law. Why so many people still go there?

Of course, if My Honourable Friend clarifies that Russia is a worse and more violent oligarchy than the United States, then I will certainly agree.
Patrickov wrote:Seriously the United States is also an oligarchy where money speaks louder than law. Why so many people still go there?

Of course, if My Honourable Friend clarifies that Russia is a worse and more violent oligarchy than the United States, then I will certainly agree.

in the US at least the justice system is functioning pretty good despite the obvious flaws
in Russia money can buy EVERYTHING you can even get away with murder if you have money or some connections
Zionist Nationalist wrote:in the US at least the justice system is functioning pretty good despite the obvious flaws

in Russia money can buy EVERYTHING you can even get away with murder if you have money or some connections

But money probably cannot buy one's safety if he or she is against Vladimir Putin, I suppose?
Patrickov wrote:But money probably cannot buy one's safety if he or she is against Vladimir Putin, I suppose?

Exactly. there is nothing more important for the goverment to keep people in check
we will have to wait at least another 5-10 years for possible changes to occur in Russia the old generation fades away Putin and the government are not that popular within the young generation

I got my results: https://moralfoundations.github[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

@Godstud What is going to change? I thought t[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]