Sheriff's Jail Log... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By BigSteve
Our local Sheriff's app has a "jail log". It's fun to look through it every morning and see what idiots got arrested the night before, what they were arrested for and what their bail is. It's not uncommon to see some pretty funny mugshots, especially the pictures of the drunks.

But they're not the only funny ones.

Case in point, this guy was arrested for... wait for it... trespassing! LOL!

Pretty sure he won't make that mistake again...
BigSteve wrote:Our local Sheriff's app has a "jail log". It's fun to look through it every morning and see what idiots got arrested the night before, what they were arrested for and what their bail is. It's not uncommon to see some pretty funny mugshots, especially the pictures of the drunks.

But they're not the only funny ones.

Case in point, this guy was arrested for... wait for it... trespassing! LOL!

Pretty sure he won't make that mistake again...

That is at least a $100K payday coming.
By ness31
Ouch.

Why do they take mugshots like that? A bit dehumanizing me thinks :hmm:
By BigSteve
Finfinder wrote:That is at least a $100K payday coming.

Not even.

The owner of the property the guy entered, at 3:00am, did that.

Apparently, all the police did was laugh when they saw it...
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:There seems to be no point to this thread.

Maybe move it to Gorky?

Maybe to "Law, Justice, Crime & Punishment".

Mods?
By BigSteve
ness31 wrote:Ouch.

It's for the embarrassment factor. If you get arrested in this county, one thing you can be sure of is that your face will appear on the Sheriff's website, and no one wants that. I guess they see it as a deterrent.

There's a process when someone gets arrested. I guess "gettin' cleaned up" comes after the mugshot...
BigSteve wrote:Maybe to "Law, Justice, Crime & Punishment".

Mods?

No, that is an on topic forum.

This seems like an off topic discussion.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, that is an on topic forum.

This seems like an off topic discussion.

No, it's not.

If it's moved to "Law, Justice, Crime & Punishment" how in God's name is it off topic?

It's discussing someone who broke the law, got arrested and how the Sheriff's Department handles such things.

It's perfectly on point...
ness31 wrote:Ouch.

Same reason they do a "perp walk" - social humiliation. It's intended to act as a deterrent, apparently.
BigSteve wrote:No, it's not.

If it's moved to "Law, Justice, Crime & Punishment" how in God's name is it off topic?

It's discussing someone who broke the law, got arrested and how the Sheriff's Department handles such things.

It's perfectly on point...

Because there is no argument or point being made.
By Potemkin
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because there is no argument or point being made.

The point being made is that we should all laugh at poor saps who commit petty crimes and are publicly humiliated as a consequence. While this is a worthy cause, I think it might be more appropriate to confine it within the hallowed halls of Gorky Park.... :)
Potemkin wrote:The point being made is that we should all laugh at poor saps who commit petty crimes and are publicly humiliated as a consequence. While this is a worthy cause, I think it might be more appropriate to confine it within the hallowed halls of Gorky Park.... :)

Hmm. When there is a huge gap in basic political education going on and instead we are stuck with looking at strangers mugshots because it is about laughing at those that break the law and order codes? How is that progress my dear Potemkin? You tell me?
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because there is no argument or point being made.

The point is that, if you choose to break the law by trespassing at three in the morning, you just might get your ass kicked and then arrested...
By Potemkin
Tainari88 wrote:Hmm. When there is a huge gap in basic political education going on and instead we are stuck with looking at strangers mugshots because it is about laughing at those that break the law and order codes? How is that progress my dear Potemkin? You tell me?

Were you expecting some profound socio-political analysis of the nature of crime and punishment from our mutual friend BigSteve, Tainari? Lol. At least this thread is mildly amusing, but it belongs in Gorky Park. ;)
Potemkin wrote:Were you expecting some profound socio-political analysis of the nature of crime and punishment from our mutual friend BigSteve, Tainari? Lol. At least this thread is mildly amusing, but it belongs in Gorky Park. ;)

No, I wasn't expecting much. But crime and punishment should be a book by Dostoevsky no? Lol.
By BigSteve
Tainari88 wrote:Hmm. When there is a huge gap in basic political education going on and instead we are stuck with looking at strangers mugshots because it is about laughing at those that break the law and order codes? How is that progress my dear Potemkin? You tell me?

This has absolutely nothing to do with political education and everything to do with laughing at people who are stupid.

I laugh a lot here on PoFo, too, but there aren't any mugshots so it's not as much fun.

Nobody's putting a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like it, beat it. Problem solved...
By foxdemon
Tainari88 wrote:No, I wasn't expecting much. But crime and punishment should be a book by Dostoevsky no? Lol.

Some froggy critical theorist once wrote a book titled ‘Discipline and Punishment’. He didn’t put enough pictures in it though, so I read ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ instead.
By Atlantis
In Europe, even committed criminals have a right to privacy, which means their full names and pictures are not release to the media.

People talk about the "West", but I don't see any similarities between Europe and America.
BigSteve wrote:This has absolutely nothing to do with political education and everything to do with laughing at people who are stupid.

I laugh a lot here on PoFo, too, but there aren't any mugshots so it's not as much fun.

Nobody's putting a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like it, beat it. Problem solved...

I can read anything I feel like reading. And I happen to be interested in anything Potemkin writes in. Lol.

No, you will have to tolerate comments from people whether you like it or not. It is a public forum. People can comment and even if they are off topic and so on? They can comment. :lol:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is […]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]