What sort of person talks about themselves in the 3rd person and says what they did was perfect?? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Especially since everyone knows it was a lie.

The answer: a delusional idiot.

American tradition insists that politicians in foreign countries do not talk about domestic politics. You want to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. Bringing up domestic problems looks like an implicit request for help from a foreign country. This was one of the Founding Fathers biggest fears.

Trump talked for about an hour, in a rambling self-indulgent, inaccurate monolgue. IOW, the usual.

Which provided a lot of fodder for the press. So this hasn't gotten much attention.

Sorry about using a video, it's the only source I have at the moment. I much prefer text. The name of the video segment is "Trump won't leave politics at water's edge in London" But about 30 seconds into it, they run the part where Trump said that. One of the constant problems we have is that Trump isn't a bad news buffet, he's a bad news avalanche. Just keeping track of it all is next to impossible, even for the guys who do that as their job.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe
late wrote:Especially since everyone knows it was a lie.

The answer: a delusional idiot.

American tradition insists that politicians in foreign countries do not talk about domestic politics. You want to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. Bringing up domestic problems looks like an implicit request for help from a foreign country. This was one of the Founding Fathers biggest fears.

Trump talked for about an hour, in a rambling self-indulgent, inaccurate monolgue. IOW, the usual.

Which provided a lot of fodder for the press. So this hasn't gotten much attention.

Sorry about using a video, it's the only source I have at the moment. I much prefer text. The name of the video segment is "Trump won't leave politics at water's edge in London" But about 30 seconds into it, they run the part where Trump said that. One of the constant problems we have is that Trump isn't a bad news buffet, he's a bad news avalanche. Just keeping track of it all is next to impossible, even for the guys who do that as their job.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

Couple of things:

1 - If Pelosi doesn't want him talking about politics while he's overseas, she should delay impeachment hearings until he returns. He's going to be asked about it while he's traveling and he should be free to respond.

2 - Trump wasn't talking in the third person, he was quoting those who read the transcripts of the phone call.

But libs, especially those idiots on MSDNC, like to make up bullshit.

If Pelosi delays the hearings while the President is overseas, I will be the first to insist that the President needs to shut the fuck up...
BigSteve wrote:
Couple of things:

1 - If Pelosi doesn't want him talking about politics while he's overseas, she should delay impeachment hearings until he returns. He's going to be asked about it while he's traveling and he should be free to respond.

2 - Trump wasn't talking in the third person, he was quoting those who read the transcripts of the phone call.

3) But libs, especially those idiots on MSDNC, like to make up bullshit.

4) If Pelosi delays the hearings while the President is overseas, I will be the first to insist that the President needs to shut the fuck up...

1) Trump has attacked Americans, while abroad, before. He is responsible for his behavior, not Pelosi.

2) If that happened, and I doubt very much it did, they would be lying. A sophomore law student would know better.

3) I was talking about the video. If you aren't saying the video was faked; then which comments were fake? They make mistakes, Joe makes a lot of them, but it would be nice to have some idea of what you meant.

4) You will need to make a case that the situation overseas is of such gravity that continuing the impeachment, during the trip, harms America interests. Good luck!
late wrote:1) Trump has attacked Americans, while abroad, before. He is responsible for his behavior, not Pelosi.

Then Pelosi should be the bigger person and do what's right, thereby making Trump look bad. Of course, dipshit libs like Pelosi and her ilk couldn't possibly look good.

The right thing for her to do would to be to delay the hearings until he returns...

2) If that happened, and I doubt very much it did, they would be lying. A sophomore law student would know better.

I imagine you'd like to see transcripts of what those legal scholars said, don't you?

LOL!

He wasn't talking in the third person...

3) I was talking about the video. If you aren't saying the video was faked; then which comments were fake? They make mistakes, Joe makes a lot of them, but it would be nice to have some idea of what you meant.

Just their little-bitch manner of reporting "news". Saying the President is acting like a clown while he's on an official State visit is reprehensible. But dipshit libs wouldn't know a sense of decency if it fucking fell on them...

4) You will need to make a case that the situation overseas is of such gravity that continuing the impeachment, during the trip, harms America interests. Good luck!

No, I don't.

Again, if Pelosi wants to be perceived as being fair (I know, I know... I'm laughing at that, too) then she should delay the hearings...
BigSteve wrote:
1) Then Pelosi should be the bigger person and do what's right, thereby making Trump look bad.

2) The right thing for her to do would to be to delay the hearings until he returns...

3) I imagine you'd like to see transcripts of what those legal scholars said, don't you?

4) He wasn't talking in the third person...

5) Just their little-bitch manner of reporting "news".

6) Saying the President is acting like a clown while he's on an official State visit is reprehensible.

7) But dipshit libs wouldn't know a sense of decency if it fucking fell on them...

8) No, I don't.

Again, if Pelosi wants to be perceived as being fair (I know, I know... I'm laughing at that, too) then she should delay the hearings...

1) IMUO (in my unhumble opinion) she is doing a good job, at least in regards to the impeachment. But perhaps you have substantive objections you could share with us?

2) You needed to make the case that American interests would be better served by waiting. You didn't make that case because it is absurd.

3) Of course. It would also be relevant to the hearings.

4) "Trump is right when he uses the word (perfect)"

5) So you have nothing but a whine.

6) Since you were out of the country during the Obama years...

7) Yeah, democracy sucks, we need a king!

8) This isn't Am radio... 8)
late wrote:1) IMUO (in my unhumble opinion) she is doing a good job, at least in regards to the impeachment. But perhaps you have substantive objections you could share with us?

I already did. Since it appears as though recognizing the obvious is a challenge for you, permit me to recap:

A President on an official visit should be free to attend to the matters at hand during such visit, and not have to respond to questions regarding the underhanded tactics related to what his political rivals are attempting to do in his absence. It undermines the President overseas and, whether you like the President or not, it's wrong.

But she's a dipshit lib, so it's unsurprising...

2) You needed to make the case that American interests would be better served by waiting. You didn't make that case because it is absurd.

Yes, I did. I've also established that you're not near sharp enough to recognize that I did...

3) Of course. It would also be relevant to the hearings.

That's just too fuckin' stupid to even pay attention to...

4) "Trump is right when he uses the word (perfect)"

Again, he was quoting someone. Do you need some remedial education on what it means to quote someone?

5) So you have nothing but a whine.

An observation. You refer to it as a whine because you don't like its validity...

6) Since you were out of the country during the Obama years...

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

7) Yeah, democracy sucks, we need a king!

You're just whining because good, decent Americans denied you your queen...
BigSteve wrote:
1) A President on an official visit should be free to attend to the matters at hand during such visit, and not have to respond to questions regarding the underhanded tactics related to what his political rivals are attempting to do in his absence. It undermines the President overseas and, whether you like the President or not, it's wrong.

2) That's just too fuckin' stupid to even pay attention to...

3) Again, he was quoting someone. Do you need some remedial education on what it means to quote someone?

4) An observation. You refer to it as a whine because you don't like its validity...

5)What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

6) You're just whining because good, decent Americans denied you your queen...

1) The overarching principle underlying the Constitution, and thus our approach to law, is the need to balance competing rights and interests.

We don't have a king. His interests are not the only ones on the table. So you have to balance the interests of the country (as represented by Congress in their Article 1 power of oversight) to examine the president; against the interests of the president and the country when he is abroad.

This is not an easy discussion, and it is ill served with glib replies.

Frankly, Trump does policy by tweet. There wasn't the months of quiet diplomacy that used to define the way we handled foreign affairs. Wherever he is, the numero uno topic is himself. There just isn't much going on.

So I fail to see a reason why impeachment should stop.

2) It's one of those "What did he know, and when did he know it" situations. It looks relevant, but unless we get to see what was said, we can't know.

3) Trump has a habit of both talking about himself in the 3rd person, and for being wrong. So forgive me if I don't assume that absurd nonsense is accurate. In which case, he's talking about himself in the 3rd person.

4) Any media outlet will get some things right, and some wrong. You don't want to get specific because, this time, they are right and you don't want it to be shown just how wrong you are.

5) It means Republicans went completely insane with Obama Derangement Syndrome.

6) Just FYI, I despised Hillary. The Dem party insiders are just useless (borrowed from Mike Lofgren, he has plenty bad to say about Dems.)

However, she would not be trying to become a dictator.
BigSteve wrote:
Well, then I guess I wonder why you mentioned me.

I've never been a Republican.

Ever...

I was saying this was worse during the Obama years.

Btw, this is a binary system...

And you spend your time arguing the Republican side...

I've seen tons of guys that didn't want to admit they were Republican. But buy them a few beers, and you get to find out how they voted...
late wrote:I was saying this was worse during the Obama years.

Btw, this is a binary system...

And you spend your time arguing the Republican side...

I've seen tons of guys that didn't want to admit they were Republican. But buy them a few beers, and you get to find out how they voted...

You would likely be surprised to learn my stance on many issues.

Not that it would change your mind. I could advoctae for ripping a fetus from the womb and you'd still stupidly call me a Republican...
BigSteve wrote:
You would likely be surprised to learn my stance on many issues.

I've seen you jump the fence a few times.

So who have you voted for?

With 2 exceptions, both of which I came to regret, I vote Democrat. There is a lot I don't like about the Democratic party. But Republicans are always worse, and sometimes hideously worse.
late wrote:I've seen you jump the fence a few times.

I don't jump fences. My stances on various issues are what they are and they rarely change...

So who have you voted for?

You know what's funny? It's funny how you think I might even remotely entertain answering a question of yours when, in another thread, I asked you the same question repeatedly and you dodged it, simply because you lack the character to admit that what you said was stupid and wrong.

So, no, you can go piss up a rope. I won't answer your question...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]