What a tangled web they wove - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
And it's unraveling..

Shciff has released the findings of the intel impeachment hearings. There is new information..

Perhaps the juiciest thing in them are the call logs. They show a pattern of calls that reinforce the extortion/bribery charge.

"But the report also includes records showing that Trump’s personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani, who orchestrated the pressure campaign against Ukraine, made phone calls to the White House and its budget office during key moments of the investigation."

I'm no legal beagle, but that looks big. When I find former prosecutors talking about it, I'll post them.

"But the report also includes records showing that Trump’s personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani, who orchestrated the pressure campaign against Ukraine, made phone calls to the White House and its budget office during key moments of the investigation.

The report also details calls Guiliani made in August to people whose phone numbers are associated with the White House Office of Management and Budget, at a time when an Oval Office meeting for Zelensky was being sought and Trump had placed a hold on the military aid for Ukraine."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-democrats-release-report-charging-trump-abused-his-office-as-impeachment-inquiry-enters-new-phase/2019/12/03/4929cc62-1602-11ea-a659-7d69641c6ff7_story.html

But this is my favorite part. The call log shows Nunes was involved. There is enough evidence on him now to empanel a grand jury. I have been hoping he would get fitted for orange, this brings us one step closer to that happening.
late wrote:But this is my favorite part. The call log shows Nunes was involved. There is enough evidence on him now to empanel a grand jury. I have been hoping he would get fitted for orange, this brings us one step closer to that happening.

So why do you think Schiff or Jabba haven't sent a criminal referral to Barr yet? Nunes is already suing CNN for false reporting. I think this is great. You want to go on call logs when you don't know what was said on the calls? That's awesome. Now we're beyond hearsay and headed for the land of make believe.
blackjack21 wrote:
So why do you think Schiff haven't sent a criminal referral to Barr yet? Nunes is already suing CNN for false reporting. I think this is great. You want to go on call logs when you don't know what was said on the calls? That's awesome. Now we're beyond hearsay and headed for the land of make believe.

Schiff will go for censure, perhaps expulsion. He knows Barr is a waste of time, and if we get an ethical AG, Nunes will be in deep, deep doo doo.

At the same time, a prosecutor will find those call logs very useful, esp. for Giuliani. He can use those to construct a timeline, along with all the other evidence.

One of the few people I feel sorry for is Guiliani. He should have retired when he had the chance.
late wrote:Schiff will go for censure...

Of course he will. That's the only way he can avoid being called as a witness by the Republicans...
BigSteve wrote:
Of course he will. That's the only way he can avoid being called as a witness by the Republicans...

You almost got a laugh from me on that one. It's much funnier than your earlier post, you can see my reply there.
late wrote:You almost got a laugh from me on that one. It's much funnier than your earlier post, you can see my reply there.

According to what Schiff's been bleating for the last three years, we need to impeach Trump.

Why the change of heart? Why go for a censure when he's been so adamant about impeachment up until last week?

Because he's a fucking pussy, that's why. He wants to question anyone and everyone he can think of, but he fills his diaper at the very thought of being questioned under oath himself...
BigSteve wrote:According to what Schiff's been bleating for the last three years, we need to impeach Trump.

Why the change of heart? Why go for a censure when he's been so adamant about impeachment up until last week?

Because he's a fucking pussy, that's why. He wants to question anyone and everyone he can think of, but he fills his diaper at the very thought of being questioned under oath himself...

You are adorable. So like a child. You get stuff from the fever swamps, but don't want to admit it. It wouldn't help your credibility much, would it?

Trump has backed Republicans into a corner. Now they have to be lying bullies just like him.

As I said in that other thread, he's not worried about it. He knows it will never, ever happen.
late wrote:You are adorable. So like a child. You get stuff from the fever swamps, but don't want to admit it. It wouldn't help your credibility much, would it?

Trump has backed Republicans into a corner. Now they have to be lying bullies just like him.

As I said in that other thread, he's not worried about it. He knows it will never, ever happen.

What a monumental failure at answering a simple question.

But that's what you do...
Cannot take these leftist seriously when they cheer the complete stomping of the constitution. They ended the attorney client privilege and released the call logs of a opposition congressman sitting on the same committee. It's time to take the gloves off.
Finfinder wrote:
Cannot take these leftist seriously when they cheer the complete stomping of the constitution. They ended the attorney client privilege and released the call logs of a opposition congressman sitting on the same committee. It's time to take the gloves off.

Profs of Constitutional Law have objected to the Trump presidency since it began.

And you are finally imitating them!

Although you did kinda kill your own argument when you advocated violence there. You naughty, naughty radical.
late wrote:Profs of Constitutional Law have objected to the Trump presidency since it began.

And you are finally imitating them!

Although you did kinda kill your own argument when you advocated violence there. You naughty, naughty radical.

AND You think you are credible? A all you have proven in the last month is you are a very angry internet troll. You are like a Palestinian rock chucker. You run and hide when asked a fact filled question. Given your age and health , seems pretty pathetic way to live. Go for hike or something. Hope you are well.
Finfinder wrote:
AND You think you are credible? A all you have proven in the last month is you are a very angry internet troll. You are like a Palestinian rock chucker. You run and hide when asked a fact filled question. Given your age and health , seems pretty pathetic way to live. Go for hike or something. Hope you are well.

What you have established beyond doubt is that you can't present a coherent argument.

You just about never respond on point, you stick with the extremist talking points you've been given from media sources you don't share with us.

What I said was accurate.

Profs of Con. Law have a number of beefs with Trump. You were imitating them, as ridiculous as that is. And if Barr does go on a witch hunt against Congress, things will get nuts fast.

And Trump becomes dictator, which was the idea all along.
late wrote:Schiff will go for censure, perhaps expulsion.

What for? Nunes will just win again, and the Democrats are likely to lose the House now that impeachment is such a catastrophe for them.

late wrote:He knows Barr is a waste of time, and if we get an ethical AG, Nunes will be in deep, deep doo doo.

For what?

late wrote:At the same time, a prosecutor will find those call logs very useful, esp. for Giuliani. He can use those to construct a timeline, along with all the other evidence.

Timelines are meaningless without a crime. We're several months into this now. Have you arrived at a violation of the United States Code or the Code of Federal Regulations for Nunes or Giuliani? Nunes is considering legal action against Schiff for including call logs with allegations for which he has no supporting evidence.

late wrote:One of the few people I feel sorry for is Guiliani. He should have retired when he had the chance.

Why? Giuliani seems to be enjoying this.

Finfinder wrote:They ended the attorney client privilege and released the call logs of a opposition congressman sitting on the same committee. It's time to take the gloves off.

Nunes is there. I think Trump and Barr are waiting on the IG report, which should be an apologia for the deep state. However, Durham has a grand jury now, so it's too late to cover everything up. I'm betting that Lisa Page is going to get indicted for doctoring documents. She started piping up this last week. I'll bet she's nervous.

late wrote:Profs of Constitutional Law have objected to the Trump presidency since it began.

So?

late wrote:Profs of Con. Law have a number of beefs with Trump.

So what? It seems they liked donating to Hillary Clinton and were expecting some high court appointments that will never materialize now. All those hopes and dreams dashed... alas.

late wrote:And if Barr does go on a witch hunt against Congress, things will get nuts fast.

Why? Trump's DOJ prosecuted Duncan Hunter. It's no big deal prosecuting Congressman for criminal wrongdoing. It happens all the time. As it stands, things are already nuts.

late wrote:And Trump becomes dictator, which was the idea all along.

:roll:

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]