500 legal scholars agree, dump the chump.. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15053007
"More than 500 legal scholars have signed on to an open letter asserting that President Trump committed “impeachable conduct” and that lawmakers would be acting well within their rights if they ultimately voted to remove him from office...

“There is overwhelming evidence that President Trump betrayed his oath of office by seeking to use presidential power to pressure a foreign government to help him distort an American election, for his personal and political benefit, at the direct expense of national security interests as determined by Congress,” the group of professors wrote. “His conduct is precisely the type of threat to our democracy that the Founders feared when they included the remedy of impeachment in the Constitution.”

“Put simply, if a President cheats in his effort at re-election, trusting the democratic process to serve as a check through that election is no remedy at all,” the professors wrote. “That is what impeachment is for.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
#15053032
:violin:

For your mental well-being, you should put President Trump out of your mind for some time.
Take a step back, stop reading the news for a couple of days.
#15053033
late wrote:"More than 500 legal scholars have signed on to an open letter asserting that President Trump committed “impeachable conduct” and that lawmakers would be acting well within their rights if they ultimately voted to remove him from office.


You know what the saddest part is?

That you needed 500 legal scholars to tell you that lawmakers would be well within their rights if they voted to remove him from office...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by BigSteve on 07 Dec 2019 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
#15053035
BigSteve wrote:
You kn ow what the saddest part is?
That you needed 500 legal scholars to tell you that lawmakers would be well within their rights if they voted to remove him from office...



So, are you a Russian troll, or just another Republican troll?
#15053037
late wrote:So, are you a Russian troll, or just another Republican troll?



You're the one making idiotic statements, not me.

I'm pretty certain that everyone (well, apparently almost everyone) here is smart enough to know that they would be well within their rights to vote to remove him from office. Were you so unaware of that that you needed 500 "legal scholars" to tell you that?
Last edited by BigSteve on 07 Dec 2019 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
#15053039
BigSteve wrote:
I'm pretty certain that everyone(well, apparently almost everyone) here is smart enough to know that they would be well within their rights to vote to remove him from office. Were you so unaware of that that you needed 500 "legal scholars" to tell you that?



"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
Winston Churchill

Propaganda works, and it works better than the truth because it appeals to your lower cortex.

The propaganda you spread needs to be countered.

Btw, I got The Plot to Hack America, on my kindle, when it came out, Fall of 2016.

Nance got a LOT of flack from Faux News and their trolls. But it turns out he was right, and they were Putin's little puppets.
#15053058
Here's to hoping the Democrats impeach Trump. It's the Senate trial that is going to have high TV ratings. When Republicans finally get to call witnesses, the Democrats are going to shit themselves at the results. :D :excited: :lol: I can't wait!
#15053063
blackjack21 wrote:Here's to hoping the Democrats impeach Trump. It's the Senate trial that is going to have high TV ratings. When Republicans finally get to call witnesses, the Democrats are going to shit themselves at the results. :D :excited: :lol: I can't wait!


No kidding. It's gonna' be great!

The Republicans should hold a protracted trial and call every piece of shit Democrat under the sun...
#15053080
late wrote:Well, you're still running away from the obvious, but at least that was interesting.


What's obvious is that, in a failed attempt to appear intelligent, you proved just the opposite, and you're incapable of admitting that you were wrong...
#15053087
BigSteve wrote:
What's obvious is that, in a failed attempt to appear intelligent, you proved just the opposite, and you're incapable of admitting that you were wrong...



Saying that was interesting is pretty much admitting the quote was inaccurate. But since you are so terribly limited, sure, the quote was inaccurate.

That was a good catch, I am afraid popular culture is full of mistakes like that, and I like to find those mistakes.

You know, like trying to blame Ukraine for what Russia did.
#15053100
Political Interest wrote:
Just so you know, there is nothing wrong with Russia or Russian people.

America and the people who lead it are much scarier.



You've assume I've never been in an Eastern European country and gotten an earful from them about Russia.

That assumption is incorrect.

You must have also assumed I don't know about how Putin disrupted economic development to become what is basically a dictator.

Or the life expectancy, which is partly because so many kill themselves with vodka.

Granted we are scary, and scarier depending on who is asking. But the way I would put that is that Putin's ambition to be a world power has the potential to be civilisation ending level of scary.
#15053103
late wrote:But the way I would put that is that Putin's ambition to be a world power has the potential to be civilisation ending level of scary.

It's not very scary when you compare it to the ambitions of China, and the willingness of Americans to sell out the United States for Chinese money.
#15053117
BigSteve wrote:You're the one making idiotic statements, not me.

I'm pretty certain that everyone (well, apparently almost everyone) here is smart enough to know that they would be well within their rights to vote to remove him from office. Were you so unaware of that that you needed 500 "legal scholars" to tell you that?

You don't think 500 scholars is an interesting subject? I've known President Dumpty isn't fit for he job since Feb, 2017. But I find 500 scholars to be interesting and hopeful. Maybe we can get rid of him.
#15053121
So what? 500 scholars or 500 books saying Trunp should be ousted...it is just an opinion.

I think the impeachment business is taking away attention from other pressing issues like, how do we know that the election results will be unaffected by hackers in 2020? Will Russia interfere or will China butt in?
#15053150
blackjack21 wrote:
It's not very scary when you compare it to the ambitions of China, and the willingness of Americans to sell out the United States for Chinese money.



You don't understand.

Putin thinks like a counterintelligence guy, Xi thinks like a Go player.

That's not easy to explain. At least not in detail, but the bottom line is that Go forces you to do long term planning. I tend to play fast against a computer, and occasionally let entire armies get cut off, and die. Go is huge in China, they teach it in grade schools, and use it to identify talent at a young age.
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Nation-Asia-Studies-Global/dp/0520276329/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=go+nation&qid=1575814897&sr=8-1

Let me give you an example, remember that nuclear explosion on the coast of Russia? He wants a super missile to intimidate the US and NATO for when he decides to finish his conquest of Ukraine.

He is tactically brilliant, but he simply doesn't have a long term strategy. Counterintelligence guys never have to worry about the big picture.
#15053227
MistyTiger wrote:Will Russia interfere or will China butt in?

China has already butt in by trying to influence agriculture-dominant states to vote against Trump.

late wrote:You don't understand.

Putin thinks like a counterintelligence guy, Xi thinks like a Go player.

So how does that make Putin more scary than Xi?

late wrote:He wants a super missile to intimidate the US and NATO for when he decides to finish his conquest of Ukraine.

Tactical nuclear weapons are kind of a dumb idea. Nuclear weapons were always intended principally to destroy the means of war production--bombing industrial sectors. Nuclear weapons were developed, because bombers had a 25% attrition rate and yet rarely hit their targets. Precision bombing has made nuclear weapons practically obsolete--except as a weapon of terror.

late wrote:He is tactically brilliant, but he simply doesn't have a long term strategy. Counterintelligence guys never have to worry about the big picture.

So are you agreeing with me that Putin isn't that scary compared to Xi?
#15053238
Senter wrote:You don't think 500 scholars is an interesting subject? I've known President Dumpty isn't fit for he job since Feb, 2017. But I find 500 scholars to be interesting and hopeful. Maybe we can get rid of him.


The point is that it seems to be newsworthy that 500 "scholars" say that lawmakers would be "well within their rights" to vote to remove the President.

Well, no shit.

Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the Constitution, and impeachment in particular, knows they would be "well within their rights" to do so. Only an idiot would need 500 people to tell him that.

The interesting thing to note is the language used. It said they would be "well within their rights" to vote to remove the President from office.

It does not say that they should vote to remove him...
Trump has been impeached

There are too many people suggesting the situat[…]

But you must surely acknowledge that among Wester[…]

The Americans just reduce everything to ashes for[…]

January 25, Saturday At Hatteras Inlet foul wea[…]