House Draws Up Completely Lame Articles of Impeachment: Abuse of Power; Obstruction of Congress - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:In order to be insulted, you need to have at least a small amount of respect for the person doing the insulting.

I think we can dispose of that notion.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with you being drunk so early in the day...
A common misconception is that the president can only be impeached for violating a criminal law. Alexander Hamilton explained the causes for impeachment:

those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.

https://www.lawliberty.org/2018/08/15/a ... peachment/
@BigSteve @blackjack21

@BigSteve

It's truly a sad state of affairs that Republicans, you as a Navy veteran (especially you as a Navy veteran) and your boy blackjack are willing to just simply ignore overwhelming proof and evidence that Trump committed treason against the US by extorting a foreign country (at their weak point when they desperately need our help) at the expense of our own national interests for his own personal gain and in favor of an adversary country who has nuclear weapons pointed at our cities (and we know the country I am talking about is Russia). You Republicans seem to admire dictators like Putin and don't be seem to be bothered that he views us as an enemy and has nuclear weapons pointed at our cities. Since when did the Republicans start admiring the bad guys like Putin?

Republicans seem to want to simply wipe away our republic in favor of installing Trump as the first corrupt dictator of the US. They are Trump's enablers and accomplices. And that Steve, IS a sad state of affairs. Every dictatorship has some level of consent and every dictator has or had enablers and accomplices. At the rate we are going, it won't be long before we are a third world banana republic being run by a corrupt tin pot dictator. We won't really be part of the first world anymore with the other developed countries at the rate we are going.
@SpecialOlympian

SpecialOlympian wrote:But you don't understand. The libs, they're being owned now.

It's the most important thing.

:lol: The only people getting owned are Trump and the Republicans getting owned by the Russians. But you can be rest assured the Republicans aren't owning the libs. The Russians are having a field day with this and the Republicans are OK with being used by and humiliated on NATIONAL TV by their real enemies: the Russians. The libs don't have to do anything for the Republicans to humiliate themselves and make themselves look like total idiots when Trump and the Republicans kiss Putin's ass and bow down to their foreign master. The libs can sit back and just let the Republicans do that to themselves without any effort.
BigSteve wrote:At this point, if they go ahead and send it to the Senate, they'll be eviscerated, and justifiably so.

Yeah. They already look pretty defeated. I guess they thought they'd be able to sell this load of bullshit to the masses. It's an epic fail.

BigSteve wrote:The democrats are fucked six ways to Sunday. The most impressive part is that they did it all on their own...

Yeah, it has me in a bit of a reflective mood in that I don't think they've ever faced this kind of push back, ever... I remember when I was a Republican how bitterly frustrated I was with Bush just taking it on the chin day after day. By contrast, Trump just cracks me up. He makes me laugh.

SpecialOlympian wrote:-PoFo's chud boomers for the next dozen or so pages, but in slightly different ways.

late, Steve_American, Drlee, jimjam, et. al. are the boomers on this board. They almost universally hate Trump. It's GenXers here that like Trump.

Finfinder wrote:BTW Trump has 170 life time judge appointments and counting.

Yeah, and Pelosi had to cave hours later on USMCA as Trump was killing her with it on the campaign trail.

late wrote:As a retired person I also have plenty of time to waste on this.

Ok Boomer.

jimjam wrote:Absolutely!! I LOVE abuse of power. Hitler was way misunderstood. He was just a cool dude doing his thing.

Godwin's law...

jimjam wrote:Right on! I have very limited powers of thinking …. so ….. I let America's court system and Obese Donald's personal lawyer, Obese Billy Barr, do all my thinking for me …… :?: .

Separation of powers... you need the courts to adjudicate whether resisting a subpoena is allowed.

Politics_Observer wrote:It's truly a sad state of affairs that Republicans, you as a Navy veteran (especially you as a Navy veteran) and your boy blackjack are willing to just simply ignore overwhelming proof and evidence that Trump committed treason against the US by extorting a foreign country (at their weak point when they desperately need our help) at the expense of our own national interests for his own personal gain and in favor of an adversary country who has nuclear weapons pointed at our cities (and we know the country I am talking about is Russia).

Well, it seems to be the Democrats who are ignoring it, since they aren't charging Trump with treason or extortion. Investigating Biden isn't an abuse of power. It's literally upholding his oath of office.

Politics_Observer wrote:You Republicans seem to admire dictators like Putin and don't be seem to be bothered that he views us as an enemy and has nuclear weapons pointed at our cities.

I'm not a Republican. I do think Putin knows how to play a weak hand better than most politicians out there. He has been impressive in that way. Russia and the United States have diplomatic relations. Legally speaking, we're not enemy states.

Politics_Observer wrote:Since when did the Republicans start admiring the bad guys like Putin?

I'm not sure they ever did. They just don't have quite the sudden belief in his omnipotence that the left seems to have developed following Hillary Clinton's loss to Donald Trump. Obama used to dismiss Putin regularly, calling him the bored kid in the back of the class, acting tough, etc.

Politics_Observer wrote:Republicans seem to want to simply wipe away our republic in favor of installing Trump as the first corrupt dictator of the US.

Abraham Lincoln already won that prize, followed by Reconstruction Era Republicans, followed by Woodrow Wilson and FDR. The Republic has effectively been wiped away. We have an elected Senate that represents people rather than the several states, women have the right to vote, we have a fiat currency and we have a graduated income tax. This is definitely not what the founding fathers envisioned. Fuck! We have gay marriage for godsake!

Politics_Observer wrote:At the rate we are going, it won't be long before we are a third world banana republic being run by a corrupt tin pot dictator.

Did you miss the Obama administration's mass abuse of the IRS, BATF, DEA, FBI, OSHA, etc.? Or getting overturned by unanimous decisions of SCOTUS more than any other president?

Politics_Observer wrote:We won't really be part of the first world anymore with the other developed countries at the rate we are going.

Uh... nearly 20% of the Mexican population lives here illegally. Remember, nobody is above the law! Nobody! (except Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Rod Rosenstein, Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, Bruce Ohr, Nellie Ohr, about 20M illegal aliens, and people who want to shoot up heroin while urinating and defecating in public) :x
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve @blackjack21

@BigSteve

It's truly a sad state of affairs that Republicans, you as a Navy veteran (especially you as a Navy veteran) and your boy blackjack are willing to just simply ignore overwhelming proof and evidence that Trump committed treason against the US by extorting a foreign country (at their weak point when they desperately need our help) at the expense of our own national interests for his own personal gain and in favor of an adversary country who has nuclear weapons pointed at our cities (and we know the country I am talking about is Russia). You Republicans seem to admire dictators like Putin and don't be seem to be bothered that he views us as an enemy and has nuclear weapons pointed at our cities. Since when did the Republicans start admiring the bad guys like Putin?

Since you want to stupidly insist that Republicans (of which I am not one) admire people like Putin, nothing else in your post really warrants comment...
Man, imagine if I'd never done hallucinogens. I could have a right thinking mind like blackjack's, and finally stare into the orange face of daddy and feel the love beej does.

I, too, could premise all of my political beliefs on spite and be a healthy person who brags about the brand of their standing desk as if anyone cares.
late wrote:Anti-Semitic trash.

Many lefties are so ignorant they don't even know what anti-Semitic meant. Renan was labelled an anti Semite, because he believed the Semites were inferior and therefore the superior Ashkenazi must be genetically Turkish. My starting assumption is that Ashkenazi are of most Germanic origin as they spoke a Germanic language. However I have never believed in the racially inferiority of Semites. Some of the greatest civilisations in history were Semitic. The Semites invented the Alphabet, for Christ's sake, which I believe is superior to Han writing.

But note how abusive Cultural Marxists become, when their alliance with the Neo Cons against Trump is exposed.
Finfinder wrote:So what is it when 62 million people that voted for Trump are constantly called derogatory slurs?

Accurate. Trump voters are by and large racist morons. For example, they don't have any understanding of how the impeachment process works and believe federal judges are somehow involved.

Lets add fragile to the list too, because apparently they need to be praised for voting for the loud racist man.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Accurate. Trump voters are by and large racist morons. For example, they don't have any understanding of how the impeachment process works and believe federal judges are somehow involved.

Lets add fragile to the list too, because apparently they need to be praised for voting for the loud racist man.

Freudian much? Trump voters won and continue winning and because the fragile snowflake left can't handle losing an election they are going to get another 4. Trump voters know how impeachment should work that's why the left is losing and losing bigly.

Do you need to brush up on civics. Tell us how federal judges are not involved?

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]