The Irishman... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15053472
The nominees for the Golden Globes were announced recently.

Despite a performance in "The Irishman" which has been called "monumental", Robert DeNiro was completely snubbed.

Seems he runs his fat mouth about our President a little too much for some people's liking...
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15053476
Finfinder wrote:Monumental ? It was no different than most anything else he has done. I thought Pesci was more memorable.


Rolling Stone called it "monumental".

The bitch of it is that DeNiro is a great actor (as are Pacino and Pesci).

But I don't know what the politics of either Pesci or Pacino are, simply because they aren't ignorant and stupid enough to put it out there...
By Finfinder
#15053477
BigSteve wrote:Rolling Stone called it "monumental".

The bitch of it is that DeNiro is a great actor (as are Pacino and Pesci).

But I don't know what the politics of either Pesci or Pacino are, simply because they aren't ignorant and stupid enough to put it out there...


True just like Jimmy Buffett is great tropical Florida music, until you realize he is raving libtard and one of the founders of the of the Save the Manatee Club. Sorry if I ruined it for anybody.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15053480
Finfinder wrote:True just like Jimmy Buffett is great tropical Florida music, until you realize he is raving libtard and one of the founders of the of the Save the Manatee Club. Sorry if I ruined it for anybody.


But the fact of the matter is that his being liberal is meaningless to me, unless he decides I need to know and accept his views, ala DeNiro.

Honestly, I had no idea that Buffett was a liberal...
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15053485
BigSteve wrote:The nominees for the Golden Globes were announced recently.

Despite a performance in "The Irishman" which has been called "monumental", Robert DeNiro was completely snubbed.

Seems he runs his fat mouth about our President a little too much for some people's liking...


Joker was way better. DeNiro played classic DeNiro so he didn't get it because he already has some. Plus he got his awards for pretty much the same.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15053494
JohnRawls wrote: DeNiro played classic DeNiro so he didn't get it because he already has some.


That's the worst excuse I've ever seen for someone being snubbed.

You really need to educate yourself if you want to be taken seriously.

Saying he didn't get a nomination for a Golden Globe "because he already has some" is stupid., He has one Golden Globe.

One.

Now, if being awarded one is sufficient to preclude a person from being nominated again, explain Meryl Streep. She has eight competitive Golden Globes and one Cecil B. DeMille award.

DeNiro got snubbed because he's a dick and the Hollywood Foreign Press refuses to give him another soapbox to stand on...
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15053500
BigSteve wrote:DeNiro got snubbed because he's a dick and the Hollywood Foreign Press refuses to give him another soapbox to stand on...

Do you think it was a good or a bad thing that DeNiro supposedly got passed over for an acting award because of his outspoken political views? Just curious. :eh:
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15053503
Very few great actors are conservatives. The vast majority are far left, left and or centrist liberals.

You can count on one hand how many Republican conservatives exist in the creative arts. Dancers, musicians, actors, writers, poets, playwrights, producers, directors, novelists, set people, cinematographers etc. All of the arts are awash with the Leftists. Conservatives are boring dummies mostly. Lol.

Hee hee. Meryl Streep is a very strong liberal. De Niro is too. Al Pacino, Susan Sarandon, Vanessa Redgrave is a declared Communist, and the list goes on.

There are maybe a few famous right wing ones...like Clint Eastwood, (a Libertarian) Jon Voight and a couple of others. The best actor with fairly conservative views are Robert Duvall, and a couple of others. But the vast majority don't say a damn thing.

Michelle Rodriguez is very political and has very left views. All the most famous Puerto Ricans are very left and pro independence all of them. Ricky Martin, Lin Manuel Miranda, Rosie Perez, etc etc...all left. Jennifer Lopez is a classic New York Liberal. Lol.

Lol.

Italian American great actors like Pacino, Pesci, DeNiro and the recently deceased James Gadolfino are all liberals or far left. Not a one is a conservative. They talk politics ocassionally. Hee hee.
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15053512
Rancid wrote:True story. I won an acting award i high school.

My wife always rolls her eyes when I say that to people. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I believe it. But I got straight A's in theater my man the head of the theater department wanted me to switch majors.

Hee hee.

:lol: :lol:
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15053514
Potemkin wrote:Do you think it was a good or a bad thing that DeNiro supposedly got passed over for an acting award because of his outspoken political views? Just curious. :eh:


Donald can cry about DeNiro but the man is a great actor and he doesn't care about the President's feelings being hurt.

I love this clip from Raging Bull....I think about Jake LaMotta being out there boxing it out...Lol.





I think DeNiro has passion galore...fire in the belly and dedication to his art form. He has strong opinions if he did not have a very strong character? He would have been another type of actor. He is a great one!

To think he would back a buffoon as he calls Trump? I don't think he respects buffoons. Lol.

His opinions while being interviewed in Peru:



He wants to punch him in the face:



He's blatantly stupid, a punk, etc.

Such a high opinion he has of that asshole Prez 45!
By Rich
#15053516
I believe there were rumours that John Wayne wasn't a complete Liberal and there's even hints that not all Mel Gibson's views are totally politically correct.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15053535
I am confused by this thread. Is someone saying that DeNiro did not receive an award because he does not like Trump? And then someone else said, "libtards". And someone else said DeNiro had one Golden Globe?

DeNiro has two Academy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, the Cecil B. DeMille Award, the Golden Lion, the AFI Life Achievement Award, Presidential Medal of Freedom, and has been nominated for six BAFTA Awards, four Primetime Emmy Awards and four Screen Actors Guild Awards. 56 wins in 104 nominations for various awards.

And someone said something about Jimmy Buffet being a "libtard".

Fuck people. Get a grip. I swear. Republicans and other Trump supporters are unhinged. If their brains were made of gunpowder they could not blow their noses.

I despair for my old party and the days when politics were not couched in terms familiar to any 6 year old on the playground.

Oh by the way. John Wayne was a card carrying republican conservative. And Ronald Reagan was the president of a union. Twice.

The world turned upside down.

... to say that the CIA and the KGB engage in similar practices is the equivalent of saying that the man who pushes an old lady into the path of a hurtling bus is not to be distinguished from the man who pushes an old lady out of the path of a hurtling bus: on the grounds that, after all, in both cases someone is pushing old ladies around.
William F. Buckley, Jr.



I’m a baby boomer, born a year after the end of the second World War. Harry Truman was president and It’s A Wonderful Life had just been released in theaters. The future was bright, even for this son of a son of a sailor from Pascagoula, Mississippi. But as I sit here in my boat anchored off the coast of St. Barth, I reflect back on my 69 trips around the sun and how our country has lost much of its magic. It’s time for a new direction. A turn of the rudder to alter course towards fairer winds and calmer waters.

“And there’s that one particular harbour
Sheltered from the wind
Where the children play on the shore each day
And all are safe within”

I want to go to that One Particular Harbour, in a boat captained by The Great Negotiator, Donald Trump. Join me parrotheads.

Jimmy Buffett
31 March 2016
Saint Barthélemy
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15053540
Potemkin wrote:Do you think it was a good or a bad thing that DeNiro supposedly got passed over for an acting award because of his outspoken political views? Just curious. :eh:


All things considered, I think it's a good thing.

Unlike Pacino, who I've learned is also pretty liberal, DeNiro just can't say "Thanks for the trophy" and walk off the dais. He's got to stand there with his "Fuck Trump" bullshit.

So, I think it's a positive thing that the Hollywood Foreign Press has basically put Hollywood on notice that these awards are about acting, and that the show will be about acting, and that they will not allow their awards presentations to mimic the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which allows winners to go off on their little hysterical rants.

The Hollywood Forein Press is refusing to allow actors to to turn into a shit show because some little bitch from Tribeca wants to whine because Hillary lost...
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15053541
Drlee wrote:I am confused by this thread. Is someone saying that DeNiro did not receive an award because he does not like Trump? And then someone else said, "libtards". And someone else said DeNiro had one Golden Globe?


Clearly you're confused. It happens at your age.

We're talking about receiving a nomination. DeNiro didn't get one, although his two co-stars, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino, did. The difference is that Pesci and Pacino don't broadcast their politics. DeNiro's performance in The Irishman is apparently pretty fucking epic.

But the HFP basically told him to fuck off.

And we're talking about the Golden Globes, so it's appropriate to mention how many of those DeNiro has, especially when someone belches up that the reason he wasn't nominated was because "he already has some".

He doesn't have some.

He has one.

The comment was further dismantled when it was pointed out that Meryl Streep has eight of them, so "already having one" is obviously not a factor.

DeNiro's a little bitch who needs to just shut the fuck up, collect his awards and ramble on his way.

I saw both him and Christopher Walken in Little Italy on the same day several years ago. Walken, while obviously a little guarded regarding his celebrity, still managed to be approachable and friendly.

People wouldn't even bother talking to DeNiro. He just looked so fuckin' miserable...
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15053543
BigSteve wrote:Despite a performance in "The Irishman" which has been called "monumental", Robert DeNiro was completely snubbed.

Maybe he's more convincing as a <blank> than a <blank>. (use your imagination to substitute "Italian" and "Irishman", so we don't offend the snowflakes)

Tainari88 wrote:Conservatives are boring dummies mostly. Lol.

Leftists don't have a strong sense of themselves and are so given to envy that they are simply good at imitating others. Whereas, conservatives have a much stronger sense of themselves.

Tainari88 wrote:Donald can cry about DeNiro but the man is a great actor and he doesn't care about the President's feelings being hurt.

I thought he was just great in Dirty Grandpa.



Meet the Parents was super awesome too. Some of his best work!



Rich wrote:I believe there were rumours that John Wayne wasn't a complete Liberal and there's even hints that not all Mel Gibson's views are totally politically correct.

John Wayne was pretty conservative. A friend of mine grew up in the same neighborhood with his kids. She has a lot of stories about him.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15053546
I don't think DeNiro's politics played into it, atall. Sometimes the stupid award selection committees do this sort of thing. There's this stupid controversy every year. :O

I loved DeNiro in Dirty Grandpa, @blackjack21 :lol: He was very funny. I think the best actors can also do the best comedic roles.

Most people don't give a fuck about an actor's politics. It's really not relevant to how good an actor they are.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15053566
What I think is funny is that someone thinks that the foreign press would lose an opportunity to black President Trump's eye. I cannot think of a single foreign reporter who would not think it is a good thing; maybe even vote for someone so they would make their speech.
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15053567
BigSteve wrote:All things considered, I think it's a good thing.

Unlike Pacino, who I've learned is also pretty liberal, DeNiro just can't say "Thanks for the trophy" and walk off the dais. He's got to stand there with his "Fuck Trump" bullshit.

So, I think it's a positive thing that the Hollywood Foreign Press has basically put Hollywood on notice that these awards are about acting, and that the show will be about acting, and that they will not allow their awards presentations to mimic the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which allows winners to go off on their little hysterical rants.

The Hollywood Forein Press is refusing to allow actors to to turn into a shit show because some little bitch from Tribeca wants to whine because Hillary lost...

So in other words, you believe in political correctness. You believe that people should be punished for having the 'wrong' political opinions or saying the 'wrong' thing about politicians. It's wrong if liberals do it, but okay if you do it. Is that right? :eh:

A woman with whom I had little political agreement[…]

Trump and Russiagate

See Russia truly is a true friend, helping us avo[…]

I am not so sure why people are OK with a foreig[…]

Finfinder wrote: I agree that they choose to take[…]