Abuse of power by lying "Shifty" Adam Schiff - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Senter wrote:Bunk. As chair of an impeachment inquiry, Schiff has the right so subpoena records, and the subject of the impeachment inquiry has the right to resist through the courts. That's what happened and is happening.

Oh really? When did Adam Schiff notify Devin Nunes that his phone records were being subpoenaed? According to all involved, it never happened. Schiff just did it and included Devin Nunes, Rudy Giuliani and John Solomon's phone records in his report with allegations against Nunes that were demonstrably false.
blackjack21 wrote:
Oh really? When did Adam Schiff notify Devin Nunes that his phone records were being subpoenaed? According to all involved, it never happened. Schiff just did it and included Devin Nunes, Rudy Giuliani and John Solomon's phone records in his report with allegations against Nunes that were demonstrably false.

Somehow I doubt that is a requirement when Nunes was one of the people being investigated.

Since those statements are "demonstrably false" perhaps you could provide us with the evidence that supports your assertion. My understanding is that Nunes is in it up to his neck.
late wrote:Somehow I doubt that is a requirement when Nunes was one of the people being investigated.

Since those statements are "demonstrably false" perhaps you could provide us with the evidence that supports your assertion. My understanding is that Nunes is in it up to his neck.

What tells me it's all bullshit is that, if the ranking member is being investigated, then it would be a pretty obvious conflict of interest to allow Nunes to remain the ranking member. Schiff should know this and should've taken whatever steps necessary to have Nunes removed...
BigSteve wrote:
What tells me it's all bullshit is that, if the ranking member is being investigated, then it would be a pretty obvious conflict of interest to allow Nunes to remain the ranking member. Schiff should know this and should've taken whatever steps necessary to have Nunes removed...

That's what he's doing.
late wrote:That's what he's doing.

The time to do that (intelligently, anyway) would've been before this whole debacle was handed off to the Judiciary Committee...
Senter wrote:LOL!!! You're so brainwashed as to actually believe the conspiracy theory that CNN is "the media branch of the DNC".!

:lol: Apparently you are the only who doesn't think that, seems you are the one brainwashed your post reply certainly isn't helping you establish credibility here.

Senter wrote:Can a sitting president be indicted? This is like the GOP bitching that the Democrats in the House have not passed one piece of legislation while McConnell sits on 275 bills the House has passed and sent to the Senate which they died at McConnell's desk. How can a president be charged with anything if a sitting president can't be indicted?

Not sure what that has to do with my post. Actually have no idea what you mean or are trying to say in the context of my post and this topic. Take a deep breath and try again. btw McConnell has got over 170 lifetime judge appointments. Let that sink in as you relax in your safe space.

Obama? Yea a lot of people think that not a ridiculous statement by me at all. You know it though, there is plenty of information for you to brush up on and get back to me.

Do you think Obama was informed/ briefed by the FBI CIA or whomever they were spying on Trump and the Trump campaign their political rivals?
Finfinder wrote::lol: Apparently you are the only who doesn't think that, seems you are the one brainwashed your post reply certainly isn't helping you establish credibility here.

I'll wager that most on the left agree with me.

Not sure what that has to do with my post. Actually have no idea what you mean or are trying to say in the context of my post and this topic. Take a deep breath and try again.

I could have made an error. You see, I was trying to reply to your incoherent sentence saying "What crime 4 years of investigations and he has yet to be charged with anything?" I'll take another stab at it if you could redo it so that it's not gibberish.

Is English your second or third language?
late wrote:Somehow I doubt that is a requirement when Nunes was one of the people being investigated.

A subpoena has to assert its lawful authority. Schiff used his authority pursuant to lawmaking to gather Nunes' phone records ostensibly as part of a criminal investigation and without probable cause. With a private phone, that's unlawful. You could make a case that a phone furnished by the government is not subject to privacy and that someone using such a phone has no reasonable expectation of privacy. It's absurd to assert that Congress can just subpoena anyone's private phone records without a lawful purpose and include them in Congressional reports and furnish them to the public with a bunch of unfounded allegations.

late wrote:Since those statements are "demonstrably false" perhaps you could provide us with the evidence that supports your assertion.

Nunes was in Benghazi and Malta when it was claimed he was in Vienna.

Devin Nunes Sues CNN: Reveals He Was Not in Vienna in Late 2018, Did Not Meet Victor Shokin

late wrote:My understanding is that Nunes is in it up to his neck.

Watching MSNBC or CNN? Nunes isn't even under criminal investigation. Hell, even Trump's impeachment articles aren't charging him with a crime.

jimjam wrote:It's quite obvious that Donald is afraid of Nancy ……. :lol:

Trump seems quite happy and self-assured these days. Pelosi looks like she's nauseous.
blackjack21 wrote:
A subpoena has to assert its lawful authority. Schiff used his authority pursuant to lawmaking to gather Nunes' phone records ostensibly as part of a criminal investigation and without probable cause. With a private phone, that's unlawful. You could make a case that a phone furnished by the government is not subject to privacy and that someone using such a phone has no reasonable expectation of privacy. It's absurd to assert that Congress can just subpoena anyone's private phone records without a lawful purpose and include them in Congressional reports and furnish them to the public with a bunch of unfounded allegations.

Trump seems quite happy and self-assured these days. Pelosi looks like she's nauseous.

Holy crap.

Sorry, Brietbart is a crap source that used, and amplifies, Russian propaganda. They used unnamed sources that "appeared" to be false. Breitbart 'appears' to be full of it! And when Fox asked him if he met with Shokin in Vienna, he didn't deny it, he weaseled.

Nunes is in trouble, and knows it. He's got a half dozen lawsuits going trying to suppress his bad press.

Because Barr is only pretending to be an AG, that leaves Congress doing the work he was supposed to do, and didn't...

So what you are saying is the Congress can't investigate. I suggest you look at the Constitution. Or legal precedents, or common sense, or... What y'all have there, podner, is one of them there "unfounded allegations".

The hundreds of frantic middle of the night tweets from Trump suggests he is quaking in his boots.

One last thing, Nunes' stupid antics go back over a year. There is plenty there to build a case for censure, perhaps even expulsion.
late wrote:Sorry, Brietbart is a crap source that used, and amplifies, Russian propaganda.

:roll: Your Russophobia is not an excuse for a legally unsupported use of subpoenas.

late wrote:They used unnamed sources that "appeared" to be false.

Nunes himself has filed a lawsuit on the matter.

late wrote: And when Fox asked him if he met with Shokin in Vienna, he didn't deny it, he weaseled.

He offered an alibi--that he was in Benghazi.

late wrote:Nunes is in trouble, and knows it.

For what? Going to Vienna and meeting Shokin wouldn't be a crime if he had done it.

late wrote:Because Barr is only pretending to be an AG, that leaves Congress doing the work he was supposed to do, and didn't...

Congress does not have executive power except in places is has exclusive jurisdiction.

late wrote:So what you are saying is the Congress can't investigate. I suggest you look at the Constitution. Or legal precedents, or common sense, or... What y'all have there, podner, is one of them there "unfounded allegations".

A subpoena from the intelligence community isn't for criminal investigations. In fact, information gathered pursuant to intelligence gathering doesn't meet a 4th Amendment test, and is therefore inadmissible in court.

late wrote:The hundreds of frantic middle of the night tweets from Trump suggests he is quaking in his boots.

Impeachment is dead on arrival.

late wrote:One last thing, Nunes' stupid antics go back over a year. There is plenty there to build a case for censure, perhaps even expulsion.

You need two thirds of the House to get an expulsion. Like impeachment, it won't happen. Nunes' "antics" have been proven correct by the IG report. Indeed the dossier was funded by Hillary Clinton, and indeed it was used as the primary information in FISA warrants. The establishment has been beaten. There is no amount of bullshit that can save the day.
BigSteve wrote:What a grand day it would be if Nadler, Schiff and Pelosi all had simultaneous strokes...
Yes. That's the only way you can silence the truth, isn't it?
:knife:
Senter wrote:I could have made an error. You see, I was trying to reply to your incoherent sentence saying "What crime 4 years of investigations and he has yet to be charged with anything?" I'll take another stab at it if you could redo it so that it's not gibberish.Is English your second or third language?

The grammar police, shit you got me ,I need to find a safe space.

Senter wrote:I'll wager that most on the left agree with me.

Sure how much do you want to bet?
Godstud wrote:Yes. That's the only way you can silence the truth, isn't it?
:knife:

I have no desire to silence the truth.

That's why I want them all to have strokes.

If they had them in front of their families that'd be even better...
late wrote:You just contradicted yourself.

No I didn't. You're just not sharp enough to figure out that Schiff, Pelosi and Nadler are being untruthful...

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Again, there is a difference between in situ concr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]