Moscow Mitch violates his oath of office - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Moscow Mitch said he was going work with Trump's defense team to deliver a predetermined outcome in the trial.

That's the foreman of the jury saying he's going to rig the trial to keep the defendant from being convicted.

That violates both his oath of office, and the oath he will take, at the beginning of the impeachment trial, to be impartial.

They're not even trying to hide their corruption now.
late wrote:Moscow Mitch said he was going work with Trump's defense team to deliver a predetermined outcome in the trial.

That's the foreman of the jury saying he's going to rig the trial to keep the defendant from being convicted.

That violates both his oath of office, and the oath he will take, at the beginning of the impeachment trial, to be impartial.

They're not even trying to hide their corruption now.

Yeah, gosh, because no one would've ever seen a not guilty verdict as a possibility, right?

McConnell's only saying what every intelligent person already knows: that's there's no chance of a conviction. The articles of impeachment are weak, and the conduct of Congress was wildly biased against Republicans.

The democrats are just gonna' have to suck it up and deal with it...
BigSteve wrote:
McConnell's only saying what every intelligent person already knows: that's there's no chance of a conviction.

The articles of impeachment are weak, and the conduct of Congress was wildly biased against Republicans.

The democrats are just gonna' have to suck it up and deal with it...

I was hoping someone would say something like that. A rigged verdict is an invalid verdict. If the Dems act smart, they can show the trial to be what it really is..

A sham, and degradation of the Rule of Law, and a further erosion of representative government (AKA democracy).

McConnell is like a butcher with his whole fist on the weight scale. You should watch for the slide from second class citizen, to third class.

And you're a cheerleader.

Not one of our country's finer moments.
late wrote:I was hoping someone would say something like that. A rigged verdict is an invalid verdict. If the Dems act smart, they can show the trial to be what is it.

A sham, and degradation of the Rule of Law, and further erosion of representative government.

Only a complete fucking idiot believes that a guilty verdict will ever come out of the Senate. You're acting as though McConnell has said he's going to undermine the entire trial process when, in fact all he's done is say what everyone already knows.

Don't worry, though. Al Green of Texas has already said the idiot democrats will impeach Trump again if Trump's not removed from office, so you guys will probably have another circus to go to before too long.

Not one of our country's finer moments.

Oh, I agree, and we have the idiot left to thank for it.

They showed their ass three years ago when they first started talking about impeachment. They had no clue on what basis they would do that, though, so they turned the whole process into an unqualified abortion.

They reap what they sow. Trump is President. Trump will remain President. Trump will be re-elected.

Life is good...

BigSteve wrote:
You're acting as though McConnell has said he's going to undermine the entire trial process when, in fact all he's done is say what everyone already knows.

He's saying the trial is rigged. Which is obvious, McConnell has been off the reservation a lot longer than Trump has been president. Hopefully he eventually pays a price for betraying the country repeatedly.

If the Dems can get people to see how dirty they are, it would boomerang, in a big way.
late wrote:He's saying the trial is rigged.

The same could easily be said about the impeachment hearings. We all knew that Congress would draw up articles of impeachment even before the first witness was sworn in...
We all know that no matter what criminal conduct Trump engages in and no matter how heinous or bad it is, the Republicans are going to acquit him anyway no matter what. This is how dictatorships get started. I don't see our republic lasting quite frankly speaking and it's probably already been destroyed by Trump. I mean, I could be wrong now and I don't like to be pessimistic, but I do like to be realistic, honest, call it like it is and be pragmatic.

Trump is above the law unlike the rest of us and the republicans have assured that some people are above the law and don't have to follow the law while others are held to the law and better not defy the republicans or the wealthy white people they represent. Trump is a serious threat to our country as are any dictator to any country. And it's like I said before, dictatorships require some level consent and require accomplices. The republicans are the Trump dictatorship's accomplices. The republicans don't care about the lofty ideals of our constitution or law and order. If they did, they would be convicting to remove Trump from office. Instead, republicans care about power and assuring their own absolute power and privilege through the Trump dictatorship.

I think it's time we stop calling Trump a "President" because that is not who he is. A president is held accountable for criminal conduct which Trump isn't going to be despite his criminal actions. We need to simply acknowledge reality and call Trump a dictator and basically acknowledge our republic no longer exists and is simply a dictatorship. I hate to say it, but that's what it looks like. We are going down the road to becoming a third world tin pot dictatorship country where one man holds absolute power and only a few have all the money and enjoy prosperity.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 14 Dec 2019 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Politics_Observer wrote:We all know that no matter what criminal conduct Trump engages in and no matter how heinous or bad it is, the Republicans are going to acquit him anyway no matter what.

What criminal conduct are you referring to?

If there's evidence of actual crimes, why didn't Schiff present it during his hearings? That would've been the best opportunity, don't you think?
@BigSteve

Dude, Trump sold the country's national security out to the Russians and was trying to extort a foreign power to interfere in our elections against a political rival. Where have you been? The evidence presented has been irrefutable and overwhelming and Trump himself admitted to it right on national TV.
BigSteve wrote:
The same could easily be said about the impeachment hearings. We all knew that Congress would draw up articles of impeachment even before the first witness was sworn in...

Invalid deduction: in the first instance you have Trump admitting to wrongdoing with "favor to ask, though" (and the pressure).

In the second instance you only have a miscarriage of justice.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@BigSteve

Dude, Trump sold the country's national security out to the Russians and was trying to extort a foreign power to interfere in our elections against a political rival. Where have you been? The evidence presented has been irrefutable and overwhelming and Trump himself admitted to it right on national TV.

Steve follows the party line. There is no evidence (according to them). Reality is on vakay... or is it their minds?
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve

Dude, Trump sold the country's national security out to the Russians and was trying to extort a foreign power to interfere in our elections against a political rival.

He did??

OH MY GOD!! That sounds really bad!

Can you tell me how he went about doing those things? We need to get to the bottom of this!

Where have you been? The evidence presented has been irrefutable and overwhelming and Trump himself admitted to it right on national TV.

What evidence of what crime?
Politics_Observer wrote:We all know that no matter what criminal conduct Trump engages in and no matter how heinous or bad it is, the Republicans are going to acquit him anyway no matter what. This is how dictatorships get started. I don't see our republic lasting quite frankly speaking and it's probably already been destroyed by Trump. I mean, I could be wrong now and I don't like to be pessimistic, but I do like to be realistic, honest, call it like it is and be pragmatic.

Trump is above the law unlike the rest of us and the republicans have assured that some people are above the law and don't have to follow the law while others are held to the law and better not defy the republicans or the wealthy white people they represent. Trump is a serious threat to our country as are any dictator to any country. And it's like I said before, dictatorships require some level consent and require accomplices. The republicans are the Trump dictatorship's accomplices. The republicans don't care about the lofty ideals of our constitution or law and order. If they did, they would be convicting to remove Trump from office. Instead, republicans care about power and assuring their own absolute power and privilege through the Trump dictatorship.

I agree. The left needs to convince Bolton to testify.
Stormsmith wrote:I agree. The left needs to convince Bolton to testify.

It will go just like the House hearings. Democrats: "Do you like Trump?" "No. He's a really bad guy". Republicans: "Were you on the call?" "No." "Did you hear the president say anything improper to the president of the Ukraine?" "No." "So you didn't have any part in the call at all?" "No." "Did you see or hear the president do anything illegal?" "No." "No further questions."

Case closed.

Impeachment is not a vehicle for trying to undermine Trump among his supporters, and they all know this. The Democrats apparently don't understand it. They've already lost a house seat and we aren't even close to the election yet.
Red_Army wrote:
Calling him Moscow Mitch is the lamest shit. I hate the Republican party, but sometimes the ineptitude of the Democrats presents itself as a quite worthy rival.

Deripaska is building a plant in Moscow Mitch's poorest county.

"Critics of the deal, both Democrat and Republican, say it gives Moscow political influence that could undermine national security. Pointing to Moscow’s use of economic leverage to sway European politics, they warn the deal is a stalking horse for a new kind of Russian meddling in America, one that exploits the U.S. free-market system instead of its elections. “That’s just what the Russians do,” says veteran diplomat Daniel Fried, who shaped U.S. policy on Eastern Europe at the State Department from the late 1980s until 2017. “They insert themselves into a foreign economy and then start to influence its politics from the inside.”

Does one even need to say it? Sanctions were dropped, now Putin has leverage on.... you guessed it... Moscow Mitch.

https://time.com/5651345/rusal-investment-braidy-kentucky/
late wrote:Moscow Mitch said he was going work with Trump's defense team to deliver a predetermined outcome in the trial.

So, McConnell actually used the words "a predetermined outcome"?

Or is this just another example of your ongoing struggle with the truth?
Finfinder wrote:
I'm pretty sure the op has an issue with chromosome 21.

Thanks for the laugh.

Want to compare SAT scores? That's a quick, easy metric.

Long before the SAT was dumbed down, I got 800 English, 647 Math.

I had a good day.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]