This Thai Navy SEAL Is An Incredible Hero - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Sorry to hear about the passing of this Thai Navy SEAL. He is a true Thai national hero.

Associated Press wrote:BANGKOK (AP) — A Thai navy SEAL who was part of the dramatic rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooded cave has died of a blood infection contracted during the risky operation, the Royal Thai Navy said.

Petty Officer 1st Class Bayroot Pakbara was receiving treatment but his condition worsened after the infection spread into his blood, according to an announcement on the Thai navy SEAL’s Facebook page.

He is the second navy diver who lost his life in the high-profile operation that saw the boys and the coach extracted from deep inside the northern cave complex, where they were trapped for two weeks in June-July last year.

Lt. Cmdr. Saman Gunan died while resupplying oxygen tanks on July 6, 2018.

According to the Bangkok Post daily, Pakbara was buried Friday at the Talosai mosque in southern Satun province. Local media quoted his mother as saying her son had been in and out of the hospital since the cave rescue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-seal-di ... 21563.html
That's an old story from last year, and yes, he was a hero, recognized throughout Thailand.

They made a movie about the incident in the cave, that took his life.
@Godstud

I think you are referring to the first Thai Navy SEAL that died during the operation. The story I am referencing above is about a second Thai Navy SEAL who took part in the rescue operation who just now recently these past few days just now passed away from an infection he got during the rescue operation.
Oh shit, that sucks, too. :*(

It doesn't sound like it was related to the incident, however. Just some bad luck. Infections in tropical climates can be nasty.
@Godstud He has been in treatment since the rescue operation.
It appears that he got infected during the rescue.
It sucks indeed.

I find it frightening that although he has been in treatment since a year, they could not cure him with all the modern antibiotics and other medical interventions.
I wonder which infection it was, I tried googling it but to no avail.

@Drlee
And here I was thinking that people normally do not die from infections any more.
Do you have any ideas what it might have been ?
Ter wrote:@Godstud He has been in treatment since the rescue operation.
It appears that he got infected during the rescue.
It sucks indeed.

I find it frightening that although he has been in treatment since a year, they could not cure him with all the modern antibiotics and other medical interventions.
I wonder which infection it was, I tried googling it but to no avail.

@Drlee
And here I was thinking that people normally do not die from infections any more.
Do you have any ideas what it might have been ?

I am no doctor but I suppose it can technically be anything just in immune form or so one of my friends tried to explain to me.(Not related to this Navy seal) Basically our overuse of antibiotics especially for livestock feeding makes a lot of them ineffective since the bacteria become immune. So any bacteria can be made immune to specific antibiotics if you basically apply it 1 time and then wait and then again apply it then wait. You need a long course to kill all of the bacteria otherwise they will grow back and being more immune then before.

So nowadays there are bacteria that extremely immune to great many antibiotics and you have to use extremely potent ones which are kinda dangerous. Or a combination of them.

So probably they didn't figure a combination of antibiotics in time and after the infection has spread then it was already problematic to fully cure it.

@FiveofSwords Your faith in over-interpreted […]

History... Indeed, historically conspiracy theo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Seems like there's a lot of cursing of Ukraine's 1[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]