Netanyahu facing Likud leadership spill - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
dont get your hopes too much
the only way for netanyahu to be ousted is if he will be put in jail

at this point Israel is permanently right wing even if netanyahu will go some other right wing leader will take his place leftists stand no chance and I dont see any way for Gantz to form a government unless likud will be ready to cooperate which is unlikely
Zionist Nationalist wrote:at this point Israel is permanently right wing ...

"Predominantly" or "Solidly" may be more appropriate descriptions.

Indeed, most of the free world is probably under right-wing governance for a considerable time. The other way would expose us to threats from malicious groups or authorities, usually of Russian, Chinese or Arabian origin.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:dont get your hopes too much

at this point Israel is permanently right wing even if netanyahu will go some other right wing leader will take his place leftists stand no chance and I dont see any way for Gantz to form a government unless likud will be ready to cooperate which is unlikely

Yes this is a leadership spill(as we call it in Australia) between two right-wing candidates.

But you realise how nuts the situation looks to outsiders though right?

I mean in a normal western country a third election in less than a year is insane. Of course from Bibi supporters point of view, changing now would be certain third election defeat to Gantz (who will most definitely say the word "Finally" multiple times during his winning speech).

This looks like a fight to the death to non-israelis. A farcical one that could have easily been avoided.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:dont get your hopes too much

You guys like to put a lot of your leaders (ex leaders) in jail eh? But it seems like a bit of a trend. I was reading the other day that Pervez Musharraf is getting the death penalty. For what I’m not sure...
skinster wrote:It has always been a right-wing settler-colonialist racist and genocidal project. :D

Well...well... you sound angry. I understand. All those years the Arabs, and people like you, have been propagating lies about Israel in hopes of destroying it, but in the end they get nothing.

Lies, your lies also, do not work and they do not help matters and most importantly they do not change the facts on the ground.

Palestinian Arabs have very little claim to the land they are on right now. They should be thankful for having what they have, as little as it is.

In fact, as years went on, the Arabs keep getting less and less of what they asked for, and today, thank you Donald Trump, the Palestinian Arabs finally at the end of their collective efforts to get rid of the Jews.

It's not happening!

In fact, Israel is getting bigger! Israel is getting more prosperous. Israel is getting stronger. Arabs get next to nothing.

Arabs have shown their total impotence at self governing. They can't have a functional country. All they can do is scream and exist on the hand outs from the rich countries.

They should thank the Jews for feeding them for the past many decades.

Ponder that!
Metoo wrote:Arabs have shown their total impotence at self governing. They can't have a functional country. All they can do is scream and exist on the hand outs from the rich countries.

To be fair, few ethnic groups other than the white, the Jews and the Japanese can hold their countries sufficiently functional without being thugs.

And still, some Arab countries like Qatar and Oman seem sufficiently good.
Donna wrote:Would be nice if Israel didn't have a racist maniac as a leader for a change.

Netanyahu doesn't appear to be racist to me. He has just accepted the Trump peace plan for Israel and the Arabs of Palestine (Gaza and the West Bank).
Hindsite wrote:The New York Times is a leftist publication that are always calling people that have a different political view racist. They also call President Trump racist, which is absurd.

Maybe he isn't personally prejudiced, but what matters is that his policies are racist.

Since there is no new argument, evidence, or rebut[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

There is no logical way for everyone to know that […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]