84 days.. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
The Ukraine affair was not just a phone call. It lasted for 84 days, and only ended when his abuse of power became public knowledge.

New reporting from the NYT has found.. "The report demonstrates in striking detail that inside the administration, the consternation over the legality and propriety of the aid freeze — and confusion over Trump’s true motives — ran much deeper than previously known, implicating top Cabinet officials more deeply than we thought."

This doesn't just refute the pathetic attempts to defend Trump, it obliterates them.

But... "What makes all this new information really damning, however, is that many of these officials who were directly involved with Trump’s freezing of aid are the same ones Trump blocked from appearing before the House impeachment inquiry."

The report also says all of them went to the White House together, hoping as a group they could get Trump to change his mind. They failed. Some of them could find themselves the subject of a FBI criminal investigation over this. It's so far off the reservation jail time is not out of the question.

This is also one of the recurring themes of the Trump presidency. Every time you think the crooks have gotten away with it, new revelations put the spotlight back on them.

Here's my prediction, more people will wind up in jail than Watergate. A lot more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/30/explosive-new-revelations-just-weakened-trumps-impeachment-defenses/
By Patrickov
Why can't this Honourable Member continue the discussion under the "Ukrainegate" thread, but keep opening new threads? I am confused, since his cause is so just, but the tactics used is rather trollish.
By BigSteve
Patrickov wrote:Why can't this Honourable Member continue the discussion under the "Ukrainegate" thread, but keep opening new threads? I am confused, since his cause is so just, but the tactics used is rather trollish.

Because he hates Trump so much that he feels unfulfilled if he's not whining about the President at every turn. He hates Trump, and he believes his life will finally have some sort of meaning if he can get you to hate Trump, too...
By Patrickov
BigSteve wrote:
Because he hates Trump so much that he feels unfulfilled if he's not whining about the President at every turn. He hates Trump, and he believes his life will finally have some sort of meaning if he can get you to hate Trump, too...

I have no problem with his motives, but seriously, this method only alienates readers. China -- as well as anti-China protesters, use this frequently, but they ultimately make the likes of us indifferent, if not hostile, to them.

I believe that Honourable Gentleman knows this as well.
By late
Patrickov wrote:
Why can't this Honourable Member continue the discussion under the "Ukrainegate" thread, but keep opening new threads? I am confused, since his cause is so just, but the tactics used is rather trollish.

It's new information, and far too easy for those with malign intent to bury it in an old thread.

The next question to ask is if it deserves it's own thread. I think it does.

"The report demonstrates in striking detail that inside the administration, the consternation over the legality and propriety of the aid freeze — and confusion over Trump’s true motives — ran much deeper than previously known, implicating top Cabinet officials more deeply than we thought."

"What makes all this new information really damning, however, is that many of these officials who were directly involved with Trump’s freezing of aid are the same ones Trump blocked from appearing before the House impeachment inquiry."

Inch by inch, step by step...
By Patrickov
We are not the Senate so I do not think I have to endure what the OP said by "inch by inch, step by step".
By late
Patrickov wrote:
We are not the Senate so I do not think I have to endure what the OP said by "inch by inch, step by step".

Trump isn't responding to legal requests for information. So it gets dragged out into the light a little bit at a time.

It's something all Americans endure.

You don't have to, lucky you.
By Patrickov
late wrote:Trump isn't responding to legal requests for information. So it gets dragged out into the light a little bit at a time.

It's something all Americans endure.

You don't have to, lucky you.

Maybe I should rephrase:

What are these threads intended for? Asking us to join forces on removing or even assassinating Trump and his allies?

I strongly think that such kind of information should only be given if the audience is expected to take some kind of action. Otherwise, it only leads to unnecessary frustration and I fucking hate it. That does not mean I am unwilling to accept whatever said is true, it just mean I do not find it significant, because what this Honourable Person need is someone implementing the final solution.
By late
Patrickov wrote:
Maybe I should rephrase:

What are these threads intended for? Asking us to join forces on removing or even assassinating Trump and his allies?

I strongly think that such kind of information should only be given if the audience is expected to take some kind of action. Otherwise, it only leads to unnecessary frustration and I fucking hate it. That does not mean I am unwilling to accept whatever said is true, it just mean I do not find it significant, because what this Honourable Person need is someone implementing the final solution.

There is no final solution.

Or at least there shouldn't be, it's politics. We do a lot of things the hard way, just look at our presidential elections.

I don't mean to offend, but Final Solution was what Nazis said when they were talking about genocide.
By Patrickov
late wrote:I don't mean to offend, but Final Solution was what Nazis said when they were talking about genocide.

I can reassure My Friend that this revelation is not offensive at all.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]