The Middle East is a hornets nest - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump just hit it with a 2x4.

We've done thousands of drone strikes, so your immediate question will be why is this a big deal.

Suleimani was Iran's Eisenhower. He was prob going to be their next president. That wasn't escalation, that was an act of war.

Iran has been getting ready for this moment for over 30 years. They have a laundry list of ways to indirectly attack us. If I were going to try and guess their response, I'd expect them to hit our achilles heel, which is oil.

The Cult has been praising the attack. He was our most skilled enemy, by far, in the Middle East. So it made sense tactically. But strategically speaking, no previous president did it because they knew Iran would go nuts.

I'd like to point out that our relationship with Iran was getting better before Trump. We had a deal that kept them from getting nukes, and we were starting to get cooperation from them in small matters.

Now we are whisper close to war.

So much winning.
It is indeed very sad.

No matter how real freedom and democracy fighters say, or even how factual their denunciation of the current Iranian regime is, I still think Iran is a sufficiently democratic country (in that they can compromise on the president's election), that they should be spared from military intervention. Both Trump and the Zionists are making themselves look bad by going hawkish, and I believe they are going to be punished one way or another.

And apparently this Honourable Member is so upset that he kind of forgot this post should probably be in ME board. I find this very sad as well, as this is an easily avoiable mistake for a person with so much wisdom.
Patrickov wrote:
And apparently this Honourable Member is so upset that he kind of forgot this post should probably be in ME board. I find this very sad as well, as this is an easily avoidable mistake for a person with so much wisdom.

It was intentional.

This is gonna bite us on the ass.

I don't think Trump has the backbone to keep this from descending into war. It's going to be a while before Iran stops being hopping mad, so we can't expect restraint from them. We also can't expect help from our allies.

We're about to be in a world of hurt.
late wrote:It was intentional.

This is gonna bite us on the ass.

I don't think Trump has the backbone to keep this from descending into war. It's going to be a while before Iran stops being hopping mad, so we can't expect restraint from them. We also can't expect help from our allies.

We're about to be in a world of hurt.

Even if this is true, ultimately it's the Middle East people who are going to suffer.

IMHO My Friend's choice of board represents an American-centric view, but it is apparently much harder to distance the analysis itself from Middle East.
Patrickov wrote:
IMHO My Friend's choice of board represents an American-centric view, but it is apparently much harder to distance the analysis itself from Middle East.

I don't need 'distance' talk about our role in this, and how it's going to effect us.

Ignoring that would mean I was talking about domestic American concerns in the ME forum.
late wrote:I don't need 'distance' talk about our role in this, and how it's going to effect us.

Ignoring that would mean I was talking about domestic American concerns in the ME forum.

My Friend wrote 8 sentences in the first post. At least sentences 3, 4 and 6 focused on Iran, or how Americans do around Iran.

Average Iranians would be as affected as average Americans if not more, and may I dare to say that, whoever American got trapped in the storm would probably be whoever deployed in Middle East. And to a grander scale, it's the American presence in the Middle East which will be changed. This ending scenario will still be a matter concerning Middle East more than the United States itself.

Therefore, I must question how Americans will be domestically affected to justify the post in North America. IMHO only something much larger than 9/11 (say, NYC actually got nuked) would qualify.
I think you mean a Bee's nest, because as a Brit, this revenge for Salmon Rushdie tastes as sweet as honey.
Rich wrote:I think you mean a Bee's nest, because as a Brit, this revenge for Salmon Rushdie tastes as sweet as honey.

Revenge for what? The guy is alive!!!

@Patrickov, we have a topic for this in the ME thread. Use this for US reaction if you like. Pelosi has said Congress wasn't consulted. Which means this attack was on a whim. So it is now Trump vs "The World".

Perhaps Trump should have stuck with reality TV. Geopolitics is not his forte.
Patrickov wrote:
My Friend wrote 8 sentences in the first post. At least sentences 3, 4 and 6 focused on Iran, or how Americans do around Iran.

Average Iranians would be as affected as average Americans if not more, and may I dare to say that, whoever American got trapped in the storm would probably be whoever deployed in Middle East. And to a grander scale, it's the American presence in the Middle East which will be changed. This ending scenario will still be a matter concerning Middle East more than the United States itself.

Therefore, I must question how Americans will be domestically affected to justify the post in North America. IMHO only something much larger than 9/11 (say, NYC actually got nuked) would qualify.

One needs to explain the situation, which wasn't happening in the ME thread, at least not to my standards.

So 8 sentences, eh?

Frankly, we've killed millions, so I am not going to argue the point that others will be harmed more. But there is still the point to be made that this is another Trump screw up, and that things will likely keep getting worse until we dump the chump.
late wrote:Frankly, we've killed millions, so I am not going to argue the point that others will be harmed more. But there is still the point to be made that this is another Trump screw up, and that things will likely keep getting worse until we dump the chump.

I didn't mention it in previous posts, but I also think that My Friend's eh... obsession on the matter I highlighted above has sometimes affected his judgement.

Fellow Members may consider post #15057524 as a polite expression of the above thought of mine.
Patrickov wrote:
I didn't mention it in previous posts, but I also think that My Friend's eh... obsession on the matter I highlighted above has sometimes affected his judgement.

You're not at the brink of war.
late wrote:a big deal

Impeached President Trump touts himself as the greatest deal maker of all time but, it seems, the only thing he is capable of deal wise is breaking and/or backing out of deals. He treats countries and world leaders in the same way he treated hotel/building contractors that he has robbed and cheated for years. A slow learner. A very slow learner.
late wrote:You're not at the brink of war.

Some may say that we are in the middle of one.

Being able to keep a distance from real action doesn't mean that the perpetrators will not turn on us. I was rather lucky not to be caught in mass arrest or hit by tear gas two days ago.
B0ycey wrote:Revenge for what? The guy is alive!!!

The fatwa was an insult against every British no-cuck infidel. Who the hell do these Muslims think they are, ordering murder on our territory. Attempted murder is a crime that demands the severest retribution. The fatwa didn't just impact Salmon Rushdie it had a chilling effect on free speech. Our pathetic cuck government made it quite clear to Rushdie and anyone else thinking of criticising Muslim bigotry, that they wouldn't defend them.
Rich wrote:The fatwa was an insult against every British no-cuck infidel. Who the hell do these Muslims think they are, ordering murder on our territory. Attempted murder is a crime that demands the severest retribution. The fatwa didn't just impact Salmon Rushdie it had a chilling effect on free speech. Our pathetic cuck government made it quite clear to Rushdie and anyone else thinking of criticising Muslim bigotry, that they wouldn't defend them.

Islam is a religion, so it is logical for Muslims to believe that fatwas have power across mortal national borders.
Rich wrote:The fatwa was an insult against every British no-cuck infidel. Who the hell do these Muslims think they are, ordering murder on our territory. Attempted murder is a crime that demands the severest retribution. The fatwa didn't just impact Salmon Rushdie it had a chilling effect on free speech. Our pathetic cuck government made it quite clear to Rushdie and anyone else thinking of criticising Muslim bigotry, that they wouldn't defend them.

Well they did defend him. They gave him an armed guard which I suspect he still has today. Although I doubt Trump - or anyone else for that matter thought of Rushdie when they woke up and heard this news this morning. So much for revenge.

Is the life of one man - who is alive and well -worth more escalation in the ME I wonder?
Have no fear. Jared Kushner has been working on a "middle east peace plan" for quite awhile now. I would not be surprised if peace broke out in the middle east any day now :lol:
jimjam wrote:
Have no fear. Jared Kushner has been working on a "middle east peace plan" for quite awhile now. I would not be surprised if peace broke out in the middle east any day now :lol:

The logical choice would be to obliterate most of the oil production in the ME.

But they're really pissed, so all bets are off.

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]