Harry and Megan's break-up with Her Majesty..... - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The Royal Family technically inspired Game Of Thrones, not the other way around.

Not the House of Winsor(or Saxe-Coburg for the "they're really Germans in disguise" conspiracy theorists), but definitely the Plantagenets, the Lancasters(The Lannisters?) and maybe the House of Normandy too.
The Monarchy is pretty cheap to run.

Arguably cheaper than a presidency and much more agreeable and better for the economy.

Jonathan Pie can be very very funny, but it's getting a bit old now.

There's loads of him on youtube if you like him.
I just had to post this...

Britain resumes tradition of sending outcasts to the colonies
LONDON – British Parliament has passed a law that will resume the practice of sending its criminals, debtors, society’s rejects, and Harry to the colonies by penal shipment or banishment.

The law, which was given Royal Assent by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, coincides with the imminent arrival of Prince of Sussex to the Dominion of Canada where he will now reside.

Canadians expressed a mix of disappointment and resentment that the country will be used as a dumping ground for outcasts.

“Couldn’t New Zealand take him?” said a Vancouver Island resident opposed to the Prince’s relocation. “What about the Falklands Islands? Couldn’t he be some sort of useless viceroy position there instead?”

Pickpockets, orphans, and members of the Royal Family unfortunate enough to be the second or third born in a primogeniture succession system will be cast out of Great Britain immediately without any recourse.

Costs of maintaining prisons, workhouses, and bodyguard protection of any rejected prince or princess will be covered by colonial administration and its subjects, reports British Parliament.

At press time, Australia was refusing to accept Piers Morgan.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/01/br ... TkKHIU8g40

:lol:
@late

I disagree. I think the Brits are as racist as we are here in America or in most places in the world for that matter. You'll find racism just about everywhere you go in the world.

@Godstud

We here in America used to be a dumping ground for the rejects in Britian until we finally revolted, won our independence and split from the British Empire. Heck we were a bunch of rejects from Britian!
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 18 Jan 2020 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:Not the House of Winsor(or Saxe-Coburg for the "they're really Germans in disguise" conspiracy theorists)

It is not a conspiracy theory.
The family has German origins:

The House of Windsor is the reigning royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms. The dynasty is originally of German paternal descent and was a branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, itself derived from the House of Wettin, which succeeded the House of Hanover to the British monarchy following the death of Queen Victoria, wife of Albert, Prince Consort.

The name was changed from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor (from Windsor Castle[1]) in 1917 because of anti-German sentiment in the British Empire during World War I.[2] There have been four British monarchs of the house of Windsor to date: three kings and the present queen, Elizabeth II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor
A cool gift I would love to give to one of the royals as a common man from America, would be some of my well liked flavorful and spicy beef jerky. That is something only I could give them and I could actually see somebody like Harry really enjoying eating the home made beef jerky.
Ter wrote:It is not a conspiracy theory.
The family has German origins:

It's a conspiracy theory that they are "secretly still loyal to Germany".... They're not. They're British true and true.

Just because I have some Ashkenazi Jewish Ancestry a few generations back, direct Hong Kong Cantonese descendancy and an Irish surname(with Irish ancestors), doesn't make me Cantonese, Irish or Jewish. Everyone is mixed ancestry these days. I'm Australian, always have been, always will be. Been living in Melbourne my whole life, except for a few years in Perth.
colliric wrote:Everyone is mixed ancestry these days.

My grandfather was Russian. He was a civil engineer building bridges in the Ukraine in the 20s. Being a sensible lad, caught between the fascist bandits and the red army, he fled.
colliric wrote:
The Royal Family technically inspired Game Of Thrones, not the other way around.

Not the House of Winsor(or Saxe-Coburg for the "they're really Germans in disguise" conspiracy theorists), but definitely the Plantagenets, the Lancasters(The Lannisters?) and maybe the House of Normandy too.

Don't forget all those Nordic influences.

Winter is coming.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@late

I disagree. I think the Brits are as racist as we are here in America or in most places in the world for that matter. You'll find racism just about everywhere you go in the world.

We've institutionalized it.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@late

That may be true, but that doesn't mean that institutions of white supremacy doesn't exist in Britain or in other European countries either or in other parts of the world colonized by Europeans.

Are you saying that the Brits have insitutionalised racism?
Robert Urbanek wrote:Meghan is the Yoko Ono of British royalty.
I am not sure whether the Duchess deserves that comparison, or the Duke deserves comparison to Ono's husband (are they that good?). Also, considering how Ono's husband had ended, this sounds like a curse (oops)
Patrickov wrote:I am not sure whether the Duchess deserves that comparison, or the Duke deserves comparison to Ono's husband (are they that good?). Also, considering how Ono's husband had ended, this sounds like a curse (oops)

Many consider the presence of Yoko Ono to have been a contributing factor in the breakup of the Beatles. Meghan Markle seems to be having a similar divisive role in the Royal Family.

Undoubtedly, since 1963, the Beatles have had a greater impact on the world than the modern British royalty.
Robert Urbanek wrote:Many consider the presence of Yoko Ono to have been a contributing factor in the breakup of the Beatles. Meghan Markle seems to be having a similar divisive role in the Royal Family.

At least Markle's not a talentless hag.

Fun facts: Yoko Ono owns most of the Dakota, the luxury apartment building in New York City where she lived with John Lennon. It's rumored that, if she doesn't want you living there, the board will deny you residence. Essentially, she has the "last word" in who gets to move into the building and who doesn't. Madonna was once denied residence there, as were Billy Joel, Carly Simon and Gene Simmons.

Also, there's an American Flag which flies atop the building. According to our Central Park pedicab tour guide in October, when Yoko leaves the building, the flag is taken down. It's hoisted when she returns...
I hate to drag this up again, I really do, but I’m not sure I can agree with the establishment trying to take away the use of the word ‘royal’ for Harry.

See, that’s the thing about nobility, you either have the blood or you don’t. And as far as we know, Harry is of royal descent.

Thoughts?

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]