Antifa again demonstrates its undemocratic nature - Page 39 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hindsite wrote:
FOX News have relevant experts too, but most are conservative instead of liberal like on CNN and MSNBC. That is why you don't like FOX, because they have experts that don't mimic the left-wing talking points all the time. FOX News now has liberal Professor of law ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ because CNN and MSNBC refused to call him back because he was telling the truth and not conforming to their talking points. But FOX News also has some Trump haters like CNN and MSNBC that I am sure you would like. FOX News has something for every political view, but more for the conservative point of view. I like FOX because you can also hear the truth most of the time on political matters. That is hard to come by on CNN and MSNBC that even put out a lot of Fake political news.

Dershowitz jumped ship a long time ago. He's a hired gun these days, with one exception, of course.

Fox used to be there for Trump, feeding him crap, keeping the Crazies hot for him. Problem is (for Trump) is that Murdoch saw the handwriting on the wall.

Faux calling fake. You really can't make things like that up.

But, I will watch a little, to see how much things have changed. And laugh.
late wrote:Realpolitik is, by definition, "a system of politics or principles based on practical rather than moral or ideological considerations."

In Foreign policy circles, it means an aggressive foreign policy meant to expand territory or power. It views life as a Zero Sum game.

Which is a mistake, Realpolitik carries with it the seeds of it's destruction.

Partly because life is not Zero Sum, mostly because things like empires routinely create new enemies, and new expenses. Which is why, for the last few centuries, at least one empire has bit the dust, in each century, sometimes more than one.

The first part is not an untrue description, but the issue of realpolitik being a mistake and carrying the seeds of destruction is a very interesting point and would require a lot of deep thought.

I would immediately consider the Pax Romana, and what I heard one historian refer to as a "Pax Sinica" in Asia, and what some people now say is the Pax Americana (and the lesser noted about Pax Britannica).

Empires can actually secure unprecedented periods of peace in their respective regions, and they achieve this through realpolitik.

But... I do see your point, and lately have thought that much of the power that ensures peace involves global trade and capitalism. But this idea is undeveloped for me. I think it is often overplayed and relies on things that can be quite ephemeral. Very interesting topic to mull over, though.
Verv wrote:
The first part is not an untrue description, but the issue of realpolitik being a mistake and carrying the seeds of destruction is a very interesting point and would require a lot of deep thought.

I would immediately consider the Pax Romana, and what I heard one historian refer to as a "Pax Sinica" in Asia, and what some people now say is the Pax Americana (and the lesser noted about Pax Britannica).

Empires can actually secure unprecedented periods of peace in their respective regions, and they achieve this through realpolitik.

But... I do see your point, and lately have thought that much of the power that ensures peace involves global trade and capitalism. But this idea is undeveloped for me. I think it is often overplayed and relies on things that can be quite ephemeral. Very interesting topic to mull over, though.

Empires always fall. The costs are a constant, the benefits are a variable.
Cancel Culture & Antifa Come For Dave Rubin
Sep 26, 2019

Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report talks to Tucker Carlson and gives his thoughts on becoming a target of cancel culture after having his speaking engagement with Canadian Prime Minister candidate Maxime Bernier threatened by Antifa, media smears and fake news. Dave tells how Antifa uses threats of violence and a variety of intimidation tactics to shut down any political speech that they deem a threat and what you need to do to stop it.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Excuses Antifa’s Violence Because ‘All Punches Are Not Equal’ - For Cuomo, Violence Doesn't Matter If Used Against Trump Supporters
Aug 14, 2018

CNN’s Cuomo Says Antifa’s Fight Is Moral Even After They Attack Cops, Reporters. Cuomo says Antifa counter protestors are "on the side of right", because their "cause is good" ...they just want Social justice and whatever else they want. (Like overthrowing the government?)

Cuomo’s CNN colleague, Don Lemon, said the group should be thought of as their name suggests — “anti-fascist” and therefore on the right side of these street clashes. On the specific question of Antifa’s embrace of violence, Lemon said: “ ‘No organization is perfect.”

Antifa is certainly not perfect.

Police Arrest Antifa Protesters At Kent State Rally

Ohio State Police deployed to a second Amendment rally at Kent State University in September 2018.
It's been awhile since I've posted here, but this was too ironic to pass up:

U. of British Columbia Cancels Andy Ngo Talk on Antifa Violence – Due to Antifa Threats

The University of British Columbia canceled a scheduled guest lecture by journalist Andy Ngo on Antifa violence after members of Antifa made violent threats against the event.

According to a report by The Post Millennial, the University of British Columbia has canceled an event featuring journalist Andy Ngo after members of the left-wing militant group Antifa allegedly made threats against the event.

The event, which was ironically meant to focus on the topic of Antifa violence, was scheduled to take place on January 29 at the University of British Columbia’s campus in Vancouver.

Lawyer Marty Moore sent a letter to University of British Columbia President Santa Ono, accusing the administration of caving to the heckler’s veto.

“It is an alarming betrayal of the foundational pillar of higher education — the freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression. Furthermore, it signals automatic acquiescence to the ‘heckler’s veto,’ which will embolden threats from those who oppose the very notion of free expression,” Moore wrote in the letter.

British Columbia Civil Liberties Association Staff Counsel Latoya Farrell told the Vancouver Sun that it can be difficult for even free speech advocates to let an event proceed when threats of violence have been made.

“That’s always tough when you’re balancing free speech with safety. The problem on a university campus is that imposing burdens and obstacles like cancelling events based on anticipated hostility kind of empowers suppression of controversial speech,” Farrell said in a short comment.

Ngo is not a stranger to Antifa violence. Breitbart News reported in June 2019 that Ngo had been assaulted by Antifa protesters during a rally in Portland. In videos taken during the rally, Ngo was punched and kicked by masked Antifa members.
From Global news, which is owned by Fox (so accusations of MSM are going to be ignored):

https://globalnews.ca/news/6367366/ubc- ... -andy-ngo/

UBC threatened with legal action over free speech concerns after cancelling event

BY SEAN BOYNTON GLOBAL NEWS
    Posted January 4, 2020 6:19 pm
    Updated January 5, 2020 2:31 am

The University of British Columbia has been threatened with legal action for cancelling a planned speaking event featuring a right-wing U.S. journalist who was expected to discuss leftist extremism.

The event set for Jan. 29 that included Andy Ngo, editor-at-large for the Post Millennial, was cancelled after the Vancouver university says the “safety and security of UBC students, faculty, staff and infrastructure was at risk” over repeated threats of violence.

Ngo and his supporters have contended the threats have come from local Antifa groups — the very groups Ngo was set to discuss. Those claims have not been substantiated.

UBC Free Speech Club executive director Angelo Isidorou, who booked the event, says the university’s decision is troubling.

“It’s just emboldening these groups,” he said. “I think the school is now taking a new direction that we feel is unconstitutional and unethical.”

Isidorou says the contract signed between the Free Speech Club and Ngo was approved by the university in November, and a deposit to book the room at Robson Square was also paid.

But in late December, Isidorou says he got a call from UBC’s chief safety officer Ron Holton, who said the university executive team had decided to cancel the event.

“[He said] they think this is too controversial, the risk is too high, they’ve gotten threats, so they’re going to cancel the event,” he said.
    “They just said, ‘that’s that. We don’t know how to handle these protests, and our hope is that by cancelling these controversial events, things will simmer down with these groups and they won’t do it anymore.’ And our reaction to that was negative.”

The university did not say why the risk assessment was conducted after payment was accepted, only saying the assessment was done after the school learned of the booking.

“The university will continue to evaluate any future event bookings utilizing our risk assessment approach in order to ensure the safety and security of our campus community,” Holton said in a statement.

Isidorou says he’s not aware of any threats towards the university, but the Free Speech Club has received various threats from anonymous accounts.

He argues that’s not enough justification to cancel the event, especially since security for the Ngo event was never discussed.

“I’m always ready for that call where UBC says, ‘we need to bring in guards because it’s going to be dangerous, so we invoice you X amount,'” he said, pointing to past events where the club has paid thousands of dollars for security.

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) sent a letter to UBC president Santa Ono on Dec. 31 threatening legal action for breach of contract if the university does not reinstate the event.

In the letter, the JCCF quotes UBC’s provost and vice president academic Andrew Szeri, who states the university “must be an open forum where members of the university have the freedom ‘to engage in full and unrestricted consideration of any opinion’” in a statement featured on the UBC website.

The letter also accused UBC of caving to the “heckler’s veto”, saying it is emboldening threats against free expression.

“Concerns for safety and security must be addressed in accordance with Canada’s rule of law as a free and democratic society,” Marty Moore with the JCCF writes in the letter. “Freedom must not be sacrificed to fear.”

Isidorou says Ngo was asked to speak as part of a series on radicalism hosted by the Free Speech Club, which is independent of the university.

He adds Ngo would have brought an “interesting take” on radical violence, as Ngo claims he was attacked by Antifa members while covering a rally in his home of Portland, Ore., in June 2019.

So, other Ngo and Breitbrat, both of which have known biases, is there any source that claims that AntiFa has anything to do with this?
Pants-of-dog wrote:From Global news, which is owned by Fox (so accusations of MSM are going to be ignored):

Ngo and his supporters have contended the threats have come from local Antifa groups — the very groups Ngo was set to discuss. Those claims have not been substantiated.

So, other Ngo and Breitbrat, both of which have known biases, is there any source that claims that AntiFa has anything to do with this?

Screenshots of threats here.
Lmbo oh no. Milkshakes.

Andy Ngo is aligned with the fash. He is a piece of shit who overheard Patriot Prayer planning an attack on innocent people at a bar, did not feel that it was necessary to inform the police, and then lied and said it was an AntiFa instigated attack.

So of course Doug64 likes him, since he will always defend violent fascists and the people who amplify their message.

Would a guy whose entire career is founded on lying about left wing violence lie about left wing violence? I don't know, that's a real headscratcher. What a shame that this important voice has been denied a platform.
Doug64 wrote:Screenshots of threats here.

Do you consider jokes about milkshakes a threat?

Besides those “threats” were posts on a message board, not actual threats received by the university.

And also, Ngo works for the The Post-Millenial as the editor at large. So, still no independent source corroborating the claim that AntiFa is responsible.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Besides those “threats” were posts on a message board, not actual threats received by the university.

So, if someone were to post, say, on PoFo that they were going to attack a university or a person or a group of people, that wouldn't constitute a threat? If someone posted here that they were going to shoot up an elementary school, that wouldn't be a threat?
BigSteve wrote:So, if someone were to post, say, on PoFo that they were going to attack a university or a person or a group of people, that wouldn't constitute a threat? If someone posted here that they were going to shoot up an elementary school, that wouldn't be a threat?

I think it would depend on several factors.

But it would not be a threat that was actually sent to whatever university or elementary school being threatened.

And jokes about concrete milkshakes are not a threat.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think it would depend on several factors.

But it would not be a threat that was actually sent to whatever university or elementary school being threatened.

And jokes about concrete milkshakes are not a threat.

If someone here were to post that they were going to hurl a concrete milk shake at someone's head, yeah, it would be a threat...
Just a reminder about BigSteve: he thought the guy who released the footage showing violent fascist group Patriot Prayer planning an attack was the real bad guy. Because he was a bad friend who lied to violent fascists.

Also of course BigSteve fell for the concrete milkshake bullshit lmbo. Like, does BigSteve believe concrete sets so quickly that it solidifies mid throw?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am going to throw a concrete milkshake at someone’s head.

Let me be clearer, since I wasn't aware I had to be so specific:

If you were to say "I'm going to hurl a concrete shake at Big Steve's head", yes, that would be a threat.

Would you be worth my time to pursue charges against you? No, it wouldn't. You're hardly worth the time.

But it would be considered a threat...
Pants-of-dog wrote:I'm going to hurl a concrete shake at Big Steve's head.

Now, are you going to call the police or the moderators? Why or why not?

Also, can you provide evidence that said “I am going to throw a concrete milkshake at Ngo’s head.”?

Your reqarding comprehension, frankly, blows. Read the third line of my post. You're not worth the time. You're meaningless...

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]