Trump has been impeached - Page 31 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Lmbo Trump's buddy MBS hacked Jeff Bezos' phone because Trump isn't happy with the Washington Post. This happened while Trump is going through impeachment proceedings for coercing a foreign leader to announce an investigation into a potential opponent in the next election.
Lmbo Trump's buddy MBS hacked Jeff Bezos' phone because Trump isn't happy with the Washington Post. This happened while Trump is going through impeachment proceedings for coercing a foreign leader to announce an investigation into a potential opponent in the next election.

Since Trump is eager for a distraction I wish he would depose the Saudis. They are the worst state in the world and more than a pain in the ass.
Drlee wrote:The trial is an exercise in obstruction by republicans. They have no intention of judging the evidence. None at all. It is a monumental political mistake on the part of the democrats. It virtually hands the election to Trump. It is the best thing that could have happened to his campaign.

Same with the absurd pretence he isn't charged with crimes. Bribery and withholding of aid to Ukraine as blackmail are crimes. And so is obstruction of Congress, Nixon hid behind 'executive privilege' too. And that was exposed as a fraudulent invocation, just as what has been revealed was clearly not national security related but reveals the criminality of what Trump and his enablers keep doing!
Rugoz wrote:Nonsense, Bill Clinton was acquitted by the Senate both on the charge of perjury and the charge of obstruction of justice. Neither got a simple majority.

My mistake. Bill Clinton did eventually tell the truth under oath and admit his wrong doing. The main point I was trying to make is that while Bill Clinton was charged with crimes, Donald Trump has not even been charged with a crime. So it should seem even more clear that Trump will be acquitted in his case.
Obstruction of justice, or congress, IS a crime. Blackmail is also a crime.
Godstud wrote:Obstruction of justice, or congress, IS a crime. Blackmail is also a crime.

President Trump is not charged with blackmail or obstruction of justice. He is charged with obstruction of Congress because he used his executive privilege under the Constitution. There is no crime in using his executive privilege against Congress because that is set forth in the Constitution under separation of powers of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the government.
:roll: "Executive privilege" is not an excuse to commit crimes, freely. It does not put him above the law.
Senate Republicans rejected every single amendment to allow firsthand witnesses and documents in Trump’s impeachment trial.

Every single amendment.

Trump is so innocent the GOP doesn't want a real trial...….
redcarpet wrote:Bribery and withholding of aid to Ukraine as blackmail are crimes.

He is not charged with bribery and withholding aid isn't a crime. You could argue that it's not in compliance with the law, but there is nothing that makes it criminal.

redcarpet wrote:And so is obstruction of Congress, Nixon hid behind 'executive privilege' too.

Nixon wasn't impeached.

Godstud wrote::roll: "Executive privilege" is not an excuse to commit crimes, freely. It does not put him above the law.

Anything less than 67 votes in the Senate puts him above impeachment. You knew that already anyway.

redcarpet wrote:Senate Republicans rejected every single amendment to allow firsthand witnesses and documents in Trump’s impeachment trial.

Every single amendment.

Trump is so innocent the GOP doesn't want a real trial...….

Impeachment is about throwing out the president if he sells out the Republic. That's why it takes two thirds (67 votes). They didn't have it. They knew they didn't have it. They knew that you would realize they didn't have it. Did you imbibe their political point? Was it worth their trouble? Were you really going to vote for Trump, except that this impeachment happened?

Godstud wrote:Obstruction of justice, or congress, IS a crime. Blackmail is also a crime.

Congress has no prosecutorial power. So there can be no obstruction of justice with regard to Congress. You already know that, but sleep well.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 23 Jan 2020 13:22, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 violation
I just want to add my voice to those admiring Adam Schiff. (Impeached President Trump's take on Schiff will certainly titillate the Morons Of America: “not exactly the best-looking guy we’ve ever seen.”) The House Managers have all done a good job but Schiff has been absolutely stellar. My favorite part of his closing was when he recapped the heroism of the people who testified at the House hearings and how they have risked their careers for their country, calling on Senators who may be risking theirs to do the same. It amazes me that we have come to this pass in this country. On Wednesday, Schiff concluded with references to George Washington crossing the Delaware, Thomas Paine, Washington’s farewell address and Benjamin Franklin announcing our government would be “a republic, if you can keep it.”

I am getting lost in the details a bit, but no one has mentioned exactly when McConnell has scheduled Vladimir Putin to speak on behalf of the President.

Re: Susan Collins …… we Mainers may be slow to anger, but we've got her number now.
Drlee wrote:The trial is an exercise in obstruction by republicans. They have no intention of judging the evidence. None at all. It is a monumental political mistake on the part of the democrats. It virtually hands the election to Trump. It is the best thing that could have happened to his campaign.

Let's wait this out a bit. Polls are suggesting a shift in public perception:

Republicans in the Senate so far have backed up the president, rejecting requests for White House documents and interviews with administration officials.

The poll showed that Republicans and Democrats want to see people like Bolton and Pompeo tell the Senate what they know about the administration's policies in Ukraine.

About 72% agreed that the trial "should allow witnesses with firsthand knowledge of the impeachment charges to testify," including 84% of Democrats and 69% of Republicans. And 70% of the public, including 80% of Democrats and 73% of Republicans, said senators should "act as impartial jurors" during the trial.

Witnesses with first hand knowledge might cover some curious creatures, eg, Lev Parnas.

I am speculating over the next few days this gap will grow, with more voters indicating their support for allowing the would-be witnesses to be heard. Republicans will risk more than just a twitter lashing from President Trump. Indeed, they risk loosing the senate.

If I'm right, the Republicans may tell President Trump he should try to quit while he can still get a pardon. I, however, would push for the impeachment of Vice-President Pence. Quickly.
The GOP has decided that bowing to the whims of a moron in actual clown makeup is the most important thing they can do lol. Also, that the president's authority exceeds that of Congress.

Part of small government and fiscal responsibility my ass lol now it's all just child rape a cult of personality.
@Godstud

That's what I have been saying for a long time now. Some people are above the law in the US and that's the rich and the powerful. The law doesn't apply to them. Our laws do not appear to be meant for them. They appear to meant only for those who are not part of the rich and the powerful. This "trial" clearly demonstrates that and it clearly demonstrates we don't have a republic.
I see where Impeached President Trump's handlers sent him to Davos for the House presentation at his trial. They are to be commended but, alas, we will miss Fatso's screaming/babbling show :( .
jimjam wrote:I see where Impeached President Trump's handlers sent him to Davos for the House presentation at his trial. They are to be commended but, alas, we will miss Fatso's screaming/babbling show :( .

He's back...
Trump, back from Davos, denounces Senate impeachment trial

Trump, who returned to Washington late Wednesday from the World Economic Forum in Davos, began his day with a volley of angry early morning tweets from the White House.

The Republican president accused Democrats from the House of Representatives of making a case for his impeachment to the Senate that was "loaded with lies and misrepresentations."

He attacked Adam Schiff, the chief House prosecutor, in starkly personal terms, calling him "Shifty Schiff," and retweeting criticism of the California lawmaker made by presidential supporters to Fox News.
I watched the hearings for a while today.

Holy crap.

There is a small army of people all saying the same thing.

The Trump Cult will attack them, but then there are those documents we've managed to pry loose. And the simple truth that Trump would not be desperate to hide everything if he wasn't guilty as hell.
late wrote:I watched the hearings for a while today.

Holy crap.

There is a small army of people all saying the same thing.

The Trump Cult will attack them, but then there are those documents we've managed to pry loose. And the simple truth that Trump would not be desperate to hide everything if he wasn't guilty as hell.

That is not true. As President, Trump has obviously been advised by White House legal council that he must protect the Constitution power of "executive privilege" and separation of powers for future presidents against Congressional partisan overreach in an abuse of their power. If there is a dispute between the legislative and executive branch, the judicial branch is the remedy set forth by the Constitution.

Impeachments should not be a rush job to beat the Christmas break as the Democrats did with this one. The Democrats have already admitted that they can't depend on the coming election, but must try to damage and hopefully remove President Trump before the people get to vote in November.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
That is not true.

The hell it isn't. Are you saying there aren't a bunch of incriminating witnesses??? Are you saying there isn't evidence??? Are you saying the biggest coverup in American history isn't happening???

Guilty. as. hell.
late wrote:The hell it isn't. Are you saying there aren't a bunch of incriminating witnesses??? Are you saying there isn't evidence??? Are you saying the biggest coverup in American history isn't happening???

Yes. Yes. Yes.

late wrote:Guilty. as. hell.

The Trump of God is perfectly innocent.
Praise the Lord.

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]