EU-BREXIT - Page 312 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Atlantis
Nonsense wrote:I myself would like to see manufacturing rise again in this country & Brexit is the sort of stimulus that should make that happen.

There is no reason Brexit should have that effect. On the contrary, the disruption to the supply chain is bound to have a negative impact on manufacturing. In fact, manufacturing has already taken a hit since the referendum.

You can all try to make a living by selling each other Hamburgers or financial derivatives.
By Ter
Atlantis wrote:
You can all try to make a living by selling each other Hamburgers or financial derivatives.

:lol: I see @Atlantis is still smarting from the UK bolting from the EU (German) corral.

The UK was a big net contributor to the EU budget. Schade :(
By Nonsense
Atlantis wrote:There is no reason Brexit should have that effect. On the contrary, the disruption to the supply chain is bound to have a negative impact on manufacturing. In fact, manufacturing has already taken a hit since the referendum.

There is a large annual trade deficit with the E.U, we can demand that they buy more British goods to offset that, or else we may get to do a Donald TRUMP on them, accusing them of 'dumping' their overpriced goods on us , if they do not redress that imbalance by playing ball, then we could impose tariffs on them.

It may not be good business, but then, neither is 'dumping' on another country, should we continue creating an accumulated deficit on trade, the result will be either inflation from depletion of our currency, or interest rates will have to rise to counter the loss, which will cause overseas traders to buy less British goods & we would lose more jobs.

Just requiring them to bring the trade deficit into a broad balance over a 3-5 year cycle, is good business & economic sense.
The above is just good common sense, because trade continues unabated & we all benefit.

It also deprives project 'fear' of the oxygen that it requires to function.

Disruption of the supply chain is normal 'adjustment' when economic divergence happens, is the case between us in our relationship, it's mainly about timing, just one variable in many considerations in a business environment & is easily rectified by any efficient management system.
By Nonsense
Ter wrote::lol: I see @Atlantis is still smarting from the UK bolting from the EU (German) corral.

The UK was a big net contributor to the EU budget. Schade :(

Even at this moment in time, there are amongst us, those unwilling, or unable to accept that change is afoot & that they will have to adapt to that change.

It s true that we were, with Germany, the largest contributors to the E.U budget each year, that will be their loss in years to come, but it's also a reason for them to want little disruption by way of trade with us, otherwise it will directly affect their external earnings from trade.

We have not negotiated a balanced settlement with the E.U over their citizens in this country, Vis-a-Vis with ours in the E.U, where the ratio is 3:1 in their favour, thus saddling the U.K with heavy long term liabilities in social cost.

Our politicians have let us down badly over Brexit, but that is one of life's constants.
By Atlantis
Nonsense wrote:There is a large annual trade deficit with the E.U, we can demand that they buy more British goods to offset that, or else we may get to do a Donald TRUMP on them, accusing them of 'dumping' their overpriced goods on us , if they do not redress that imbalance by playing ball, then we could impose tariffs on them.

Look it up in the dictionary @Nonsense, "dumping" means to sell your goods below market price or even below cost. It doesn't mean to sell "overpriced goods". You have to make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

The Brexcriters have been saying they want "free trade" or more precisely "freer free trade" as Liam Vox put it. What you are suggesting is "protectionism". That is exactly the opposite. You have to make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

The Brexcritters want "global Britain" as a trading nation, you remember: "Britain is open for business"? They don't care about manufacturing because it's easier to make money trading, right? Trouble is, your Donny Boy wants protectionism, remember "America First"? That shuts down global trade. So your freer free trade goes down the gutter. :D

@Nonsense, when you get into bed with your Donny Boy, be aware of trade wars: Trump is threatening a damaging new trade war with the United Kingdom after Brexit
By Nonsense
Atlantis wrote:Look it up in the dictionary @Nonsense, "dumping" means to sell your goods below market price or even below cost. It doesn't mean to sell "overpriced goods". You have to make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

The Brexcriters have been saying they want "free trade" or more precisely "freer free trade" as Liam Vox put it. What you are suggesting is "protectionism". That is exactly the opposite. You have to make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

The Brexcritters want "global Britain" as a trading nation, you remember: "Britain is open for business"? They don't care about manufacturing because it's easier to make money trading, right? Trouble is, your Donny Boy wants protectionism, remember "America First"? That shuts down global trade. So your freer free trade goes down the gutter. :D

@Nonsense, when you get into bed with your Donny Boy, be aware of trade wars: Trump is threatening a damaging new trade war with the United Kingdom after Brexit

There are rumours around that that they may apply tariffs to U.K goods exported to Europe post Brexit, that is only going to increase our trade deficit with them, that(tariffs) would make our goods more expensive to Europeans, whilst at the same time they would be continuing to build their trading surpluses with us.

European goods on the U,K, that is tantamount to dumping, making our goods overpriced to Europeans, that is unfair, it's also different to TRUMP's action of tariffs against CHINA,, where the Chinese kept their currency below market value, in order that America could suck in Chinese exports produced by cheap labour.

The Chinese methodology is different to Europe, but the effects are the same, including companies deploying elsewhere. which is why TRUMP brought in the tariffs, both to punish China, to change their ways & to get them to trade honestly.

Because I believe in free trade, I do not think that big national or trade bloc deals are good for the markets or consumers in the long run, not least for the simple reason that , you can take a horse to the water, but you can't make it drink.
For example, America would, in the case of a deal with this country, want chlorinated chicken included, ok, but you can't make British consumers buy it & I am sure they would want to know whether that is on the menu when eating out.

My suggestion is not 'protectionist' at all, that is contradictory to free trade, it's why I suggest bringing the deficit back into broad balance on a 3-5 year period.
The Americans, even before or after TRUMP, will continue their pursuit of monopoly capitalism across the globe, the U.K will not be exempt from that influence, which is why I am not particularly enamoured by an U.K-USA trade deal of any sort, real free trade is not such when it's subject to bi-partisan trade agreements.

World markets, in particular commodities such as oil, gold, coffee, are all traded in American dollars, that makes the countries that do their trade in those things, subjected to American monopolistic economic & political power.

That is not the actions of a state that defends either free trade or democracy & it's influence in politics is even more negative in some areas.

All America is doing is defending it's freedom to abuse the rest of the world for it's own ends, neither other countries, their people's, the environment, the climate, or anything else is allowed to come between that objective & when it's interest are threatened is when America reacts.
Last edited by Nonsense on 24 Jan 2020 12:41, edited 2 times in total.
By ingliz
Nonsense wrote:I suggest bringing the deficit back into broad balance on a 3-5 year period.

:lol:
By Nonsense
ingliz wrote::lol:

:lol: ..The 'Trade' deficit, that is ingliz, :lol: .
By Nonsense
Atlantis wrote:Can somebody explain what @Nonsense is trying to say. I honestly can't figure it out. :?:

That's funny :lol: , I was thinking the same about your post.
By Atlantis
Nonsense wrote:That's funny :lol: , I was thinking the same about your post.

That raises the question of why you replied with a non sequitur.
By Nonsense
Atlantis wrote:That raises the question of why you replied with a non sequitur.

Not really, your one-line quip didn't quite make the grade of comprehension.
By JohnRawls
Let us see how the negotiations will go. I am expecting a cluster fuck bigger than Brexit UK drama. I wonder how happy will the UK representatives will be to meet the European Brexit hardliners during those negotiations.
By Ter
JohnRawls wrote:Let us see how the negotiations will go. I am expecting a cluster fuck bigger than Brexit UK drama. I wonder how happy will the UK representatives will be to meet the European Brexit hardliners during those negotiations.

:lol:
@JohnRawls obviously has not swallowed the UK's departure.
Let go of the sour grapes, man.

In my opinion the negotiations will go smoother than you think. It is after all in everyone's interest.
By JohnRawls
Ter wrote::lol:
@JohnRawls obviously has not swallowed the UK's departure.
Let go of the sour grapes, man.

In my opinion the negotiations will go smoother than you think. It is after all in everyone's interest.

I mean there were/are 2 camps within the EU regarding this. Lets call them the softliners and hardliners.

Softliners were for a sort of re-approachment with the UK and to have a good relationship along with close ties. They were conducting the negotiations about Brexit to rhis day.

Hardliners were very sceptical of the whole close relationship thing and aknowledged that only hard brexit will come out of this.

Now considering that Softliners were disproved and hardliners were proved to be correct, guess who is going to negotiate with the UK now? Hardliners have been biding their time. Every time the UK officials said something stupid like that the EU is the USSR, they quietly laughed in the corner. The problem with the hardliners is that they are ,in general, very pro EU to the point I would call brainwashed. They do not take kindly to deviation of what they consider the norm. They consider themselves the people that hold the EU together. Also they are probably one of the largest impediments to real reform.
By Atlantis

SLOWLY descending into the fiery bowels of hell while enthusiastically waving a miniature Union Jack flag, Nigel Farage has completed his life’s work and is to be welcomed into the piping hot bosom of the Devil, now Britain’s exit for the EU is secured.

“My work here is done. Don’t cry because it’s over, cry because you’ll bear the brunt of the pain and I’m going to make millions,” Farage told his teary-eyed leave-voting fans as the bubbling lava emerging from the cavernous hole in the ground enveloped the chief proponent of closing the UK off from the world.

Farage’s descension comes after British MEPs’ final appearance in the European Parliament during which the Brexit Party owner spoke passionately about looking forward to all the damage Britain will suffer in the areas of humans rights, deprivation and inequality among other unimportant things.

“Fear not for me my children… because my actual children have German passports and I, a hefty MEP pension,” the serene looking anti-immigrant, pro-polite racism politician continued after a long and illustrious career in sewing suspicion like a racist seamstress.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/01/30/my-work-here-is-done-farage-descends-to-hell-after-brexit-finally-secured/
By Patrickov
Atlantis wrote:Image

SLOWLY descending into the fiery bowels of hell while enthusiastically waving a miniature Union Jack flag, Nigel Farage has completed his life’s work and is to be welcomed into the piping hot bosom of the Devil, now Britain’s exit for the EU is secured.

“My work here is done. Don’t cry because it’s over, cry because you’ll bear the brunt of the pain and I’m going to make millions,” Farage told his teary-eyed leave-voting fans as the bubbling lava emerging from the cavernous hole in the ground enveloped the chief proponent of closing the UK off from the world.

Farage’s descension comes after British MEPs’ final appearance in the European Parliament during which the Brexit Party owner spoke passionately about looking forward to all the damage Britain will suffer in the areas of humans rights, deprivation and inequality among other unimportant things.

“Fear not for me my children… because my actual children have German passports and I, a hefty MEP pension,” the serene looking anti-immigrant, pro-polite racism politician continued after a long and illustrious career in sewing suspicion like a racist seamstress.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/01/30/my-work-here-is-done-farage-descends-to-hell-after-brexit-finally-secured/

This does not explain why there were so many people listening to him. Just like the critics of Trump or the Chinese Communist Party cannot explain why there are still so many people supporting either of them.

The laziest explanation is that all these supporters are brainwashed, but I do not see it that simple.

In the very least, those critics should ensure those enablers "be punished for making others suffer".

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]