Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Red Rackham wrote:Nice pic Bes :up:

[When it comes to pets, some people here haven't got a clue]

Thanks Mr RR. Maybe not technically the best but it shows a very contented fellow. Not constrained, not imprisoned, not on a lead. Just doing his own thing. A handsome fellow with a beautiful temperament. Perhaps we got lucky. The rescue centre says he got lucky.

And you are right about some people here not having a clue about pets. Or maybe they just like to bitch about everything.
You guys should also show a picture of a smiling Uncle Tom to 'prove' (in your own slave-owning minds) that pet ownership is healthy and normal, instead of a historical fuck-up on the part of humanity.

(please post more 'I wuv my widdle doggie' pix to counter this)

"Look, I let my slave Bobo-bubu dance and play banjo while me and my slave-owning family watch, and then the young children reward him with bagged food nibblets."
Man and pets have been linked since the dawn of Mankind and only a complete twat would think otherwise and consider it slavery.
Godstud, inaccurately and without researching anything, wrote:Man and pets have been linked since the dawn of Mankind and only a complete twat would think otherwise and consider it slavery.

the origin of dogs wrote:...dogs were domesticated somewhere in Europe or western Siberia, between 18,800 and 32,100 years ago.

the origina of homo sapien wrote:Fossils attributed to H. sapiens, along with stone tools, dated to approximately 300,000 years ago,

the origin of slavery wrote:Slavery occurs relatively rarely among hunter-gatherer populations[2] because it develops under conditions of social stratification.[3] Slavery operated in the very first civilizations (such as Sumer in Mesopotamia,[4] which dates back as far as 3500 BCE

-300,000 (years ago) HOMO SAPIEN

-30,000 (years ago) DOGS

-5500 (years ago) human SLAVERY
As I believe I have said once before, Qatz - you are the most reactionary person I have ever encountered. Some people oppose the Russian Revolution. Some people oppose the American and French Revolutions. But you oppose even the Neolithic Revolution. Lol.
Potemkin wrote:As I believe I have said once before, Qatz - you are the most reactionary person I have ever encountered. Some people oppose the Russian Revolution. Some people oppose the American and French Revolutions. But you oppose even the Neolithic Revolution. Lol.

It's quite possible that human extinction started with the Neolithic, and that all our wars and susequent revolutions have been expressions of misery with civilization itself.

Dogs, like SUVs, are just a technology that some can't imagine living without - that threaten others and reduce the possibility of being a naturally-acting human. When someone's SUV almost crushes your foot, your own mobility is threatened (to enable super-mobility), and when an unleashed dog terrorizes you in what is supposed to be a public park, your peace of mind and enjoyment of nature are smashed (to enable someone to act like a mini-god to a caged animal).
QatzelOk wrote:It's quite possible that human extinction started with the Neolithic, and that all our wars and susequent revolutions have been expressions of misery with civilization itself.

Civilization and Its Discontents

"Tell me more, Herr Qatz...."

Dogs, like SUVs, are just a technology that some can't imagine living without - that threaten others and reduce the possibility of being a naturally-acting human. When someone's SUV almost crushes your foot, your own mobility is threatened (to enable super-mobility), and when an unleashed dog terrorizes you in what is supposed to be a public park, your peace of mind and enjoyment of nature are smashed (to enable someone to act like a mini-god to a caged animal).

That very phrase "enjoyment of nature" implies an alienation from nature itself, which can now only be consumed as a product by the domesticated pets which humans themselves have become. Pre-neolithic humans did not "enjoy nature"; instead, they were themselves a part of nature.
Potemkin wrote:That very phrase "enjoyment of nature" implies an alienation from nature itself, which can now only be consumed as a product by the domesticated pets which humans themselves have become. Pre-neolithic humans did not "enjoy nature"; instead, they were themselves a part of nature.

Actually, the Pre-Neolithic 'enjoyed' nature without knowing that there was any alternative.
In this case, the 'enjoyment' was just part of having evolved to fit into the natural order.

You're right though that my 'city park' example demonstrates how we have turned natural landscapes into a kind of pet, and city parks are no more natural than dogs in that they feature unnaturally created landscapes and artificially chosen plants (and even animals sometimes) that seek to 'amuse' human pets.

All of this just bolsters my horror at what humans have done to nature. Dogs are as unpleasant as suburbia (dog houses) and SUVs (G-force thrills for house dogs who don't get healthy amounts of physical activity).

Dogs lead to slavery, and slavery lead to industrialization, and this lead to the Club of Rome's Limits to Growth, which very few dogs have read or paid attention to.
QatzelOk wrote:Actually, the Pre-Neolithic 'enjoyed' nature without knowing that there was any alternative.
In this case, the 'enjoyment' was just part of having evolved to fit into the natural order.

You're right though that my 'city park' example demonstrates how we have turned natural landscapes into a kind of pet, and city parks are no more natural than dogs in that they feature unnaturally created landscapes and artificially chosen plants (and even animals sometimes) that seek to 'amuse' human pets.

All of this just bolsters my horror at what humans have done to nature. Dogs are as unpleasant as suburbia (dog houses) and SUVs (G-force thrills for house dogs who don't get healthy amounts of physical activity).

Dogs lead to slavery, and slavery lead to industrialization, and this lead to the Club of Rome's Limits to Growth, which very few dogs have read or paid attention to.

Then we basically agree with each other as to the nature of the problem, Qatz. Where we differ is concerning what we should do about it. You want to return to a pre-lapsarian Eden - namely, the pre-neolithic hunter-gatherer phase of human development, whereas I believe that we can never go back to that way of life, and that doing so would even be undesirable. Modern civilisation must be sublated, in the Hegelian sense, rather than abolished tout court. After all, before we can find ourselves we must first lose ourselves. And why throw away all of the intervening progress?
QatzelOk wrote:It's quite possible that human extinction started with the Neolithic,

What extinction???
You do know that world population is growing, don't you?
And, despite requesting a photograph and my provision of one following that request, you have still ignored it.
Potemkin wrote:Then we basically agree with each other as to the nature of the problem, Qatz. Where we differ is concerning what we should do about it. You want to return to a pre-lapsarian Eden - namely, the pre-neolithic hunter-gatherer phase of human development, whereas I believe that we can never go back to that way of life, and that doing so would even be undesirable. Modern civilisation must be sublated, in the Hegelian sense, rather than abolished tout court. After all, before we can find ourselves we must first lose ourselves. And why throw away all of the intervening progress?

First of all, I don't really recommend 'returning' to anything. I am simply suggesting that that is where we are going no matter what we do.

If one believes that civilization is finished, and that so is the human species if we don't take measures, than the only question is how humans should handle the inevitable transition.

For my entire life, what has been recommended to virtually every major problem that civilization has been revealed to cause - pollution, nuke war, fabricated racism and ignorance, the destruction of family, community, self esteem- is a slow transition.

Likewise, the main purpose of Academics during my lifetime is to drown out any public comprehension of their plight with an esoteric vocabulary which suggests, to the unread, that there are these magical solutions that the Gods have proposed and that only the Literati can understand. This is a way that Academica reinforces civilization's taxonomy - by reverting to an unnecessarily inaccessible vocab. (You're soaking in it. Relax! It's Hegel.)

And this slow slow slow transition is always recommended in order to ensure that the merchant class has time to adjust their rackets to capture maximum profit along the way.

QatzelOk wrote:Dogs, like SUVs, are just a technology that some can't imagine living without - that threaten others and reduce the possibility of being a naturally-acting human.

My dog helps others, a point I made earlier and one that you ignored.
Besoeker2 wrote:My dog helps others, a point I made earlier and one that you ignored.

And SUVs and AK-47s are saving lives, right?

DOGS
SUVs
AK-47s

What do they have in common?

Each slave-machine-weapon provides the owner and his gang a small increase in personal safety and personal power. (Extension)

But, each one also provides a much greater decrease in the personal security of everyone else, along with a decline in the safety of public shared spaces and communities as a whole..(amputation)

See Marshal McLuhan for more on this.
QatzelOk wrote:And SUVs and AK-47s are saving lives, right?

DOGS
SUVs
AK-47s

What do they have in common?

Each slave-machine-weapon provides the owner and his gang a small increase in personal safety and personal power. (Extension)

But, each one also provides a much greater decrease in the personal security of everyone else, along with a decline in the safety of public shared spaces and communities as a whole..(amputation)

See Marshal McLuhan for more on this.

Apologies for picking up on this one point, but why AK-47? It's a crap weapon, it's a simple peasant weapon which is very effective if you're target is 50 yards away. They rattle, and after squirting off a couple of mags if you're right handed they are too hot to hold without a glove on your left hand. Anyone who thinks an AK-47 is the dogs has watched too much Rambo, or is a gamer. They're rubbish.
Rancid wrote:@QatzelOk, are you for banning dogs?

IF such a ban were implemented, how would you do it?

Interesting question, and one that I hope Qatzel responds to...
QatzelOk doesn't respond. He reacts. :knife:

Dogs = SUVs= Ak47s? What absolute rubbish. A moronic primitivist view.

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]