Impeachment in Wonderland - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:You didn't read the OP.

There was very little Federal law at that point, so "literal illegal" was impossible, and not at all what they meant.

Today, we are going by what we mean, for nobody can be sure what the founders meant. So we should go by the clear words written in the Constitution. I believe the Democrats abused their power in the House of Representatives. It is now up to the Republicans in the Senate to correct that abuse with an acquittal.
Tainari88 wrote:Ay Q, I find American news media not only biased and untrustworthy but just plain superfluous in general.

I don't know why anyone even bothers with some of these commercial news sources anymore. It is completely filled with nonsense.

I suggest you just stay in Mexico and enjoy your siesta without worries.

I believe the Democrats abused their power in the House of Representatives.

How, in the wide world of sports did you come to that conclusion?
Stormsmith wrote: 

If anything, maybe he deserves the said enjoyment himself, because it is him who came up with this apparently brilliant idea.
Stormsmith wrote: 

Well, we already know that many of the Democrats have stated they wanted to impeach the President from the time he was sworn into office and even a few Democrats mentioned impeaching him before that. It was also mentioned in the fake news in early 2017 that the campaign to impeach President Trump had begun.
The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... has-begun/

I don't know exactly what they meant by that but I believe it could have referred to the "insurance policy" against Trump mentioned by the fired FBI Investigator Peter Strzok to his lover Liza Page.
Peter Strzok’s wife discovered Lisa Page affair on his phone, DOJ reveals
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... oj-reveals

They did not have the votes early on and had to wait for the Mueller Report to give them what they needed to get all on board the impeachment train, but it fail short. Lucky for them, President Trump made a couple phone calls to the new President of Ukraine and held up aid while he sized up the new leader's commitment to investigate corruption which also included the Bidens. The Democrats had to act fast because now dirt on their favorite candidate, Joe Biden, was in danger of being revealed. So a former prosecutor lying "shifty" Adam Schiff was given the duty of carrying on an investigation and crafting the story to convince enough Democrats to impeach the President before the Christmas break. The problem with that was it did not provide enough time to do a proper investigation to nail down all the facts without abusing their power over the Republicans and jumping right into an impeachment process vote while they had enough Democrats to go along with it.

It seemed to be working until they came up against the "Grim Reaper" Mitch McConnell, who would not agree to do the rest of the investigation for them. So here we are.
Hindsite wrote:Well, we already know that many of the Democrats have stated they wanted to impeach the President from the time he was sworn into office and even a few Democrats mentioned impeaching him before that. It was also mentioned in the fake news in early 2017 that the campaign to impeach President Trump had begun.
The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... has-begun/

I don't know exactly what they meant by that but I believe it could have referred to the "insurance policy" against Trump mentioned by the fired FBI Investigator Peter Strzok to his lover Liza Page.
Peter Strzok’s wife discovered Lisa Page affair on his phone, DOJ reveals
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... oj-reveals

They did not have the votes early on and had to wait for the Mueller Report to give them what they needed to get all on board the impeachment train, but it fail short. Lucky for them, President Trump made a couple phone calls to the new President of Ukraine and held up aid while he sized up the new leader's commitment to investigate corruption which also included the Bidens. The Democrats had to act fast because now dirt on their favorite candidate, Joe Biden, was in danger of being revealed. So a former prosecutor lying "shifty" Adam Schiff was given the duty of carrying on an investigation and crafting the story to convince enough Democrats to impeach the President before the Christmas break. The problem with that was it did not provide enough time to do a proper investigation to nail down all the facts without abusing their power over the Republicans and jumping right into an impeachment process vote while they had enough Democrats to go along with it.

It seemed to be working until they came up against the "Grim Reaper" Mitch McConnell, who would not agree to do the rest of the investigation for them. So here we are.
That doesn't explain why someone disagreeing with Trump or the Republican Party should be out of the United States, and particularly be put in Mexico, as suggested in post #15061311.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
Today, we are going by what we mean, for nobody can be sure what the founders meant. So we should go by the clear words written in the Constitution. I believe the Democrats abused their power in the House of Representatives. It is now up to the Republicans in the Senate to correct that abuse with an acquittal.

No judge, no expert on the constitution, has ever argued that we don't know what the Framers had in mind. That's because they told us exactly what they were doing, and why.

Rubber and glue, how sophisticated. So you're saying we didn't abuse power, the Dems did. The Framers made it quite clear impeachment was about abuse of power, and the example they gave us is exactly what Trump did.

Can I sell you a bridge.
I think all presidents should be impeached at some point in ther regimes. It just helps them find more merit in bombing countries that the USA isn't at war yet.

Any country that the USA isn't at war with is a missed opportunity for arms merchants (capitalism) that can be partially remedied by impeaching whoever the acting president is. And since they're virtually all corrupt products of money and mafia organization who just read teleprompters, they're all impeachable too.
QatzelOk wrote:But it's nice to check in with corporate media and other commercial entities just to see what trends the culture all around you are following. Trends are important to know about, not to follow.

And like you, I'd much rather be reading great texts than interacting with commercial media.

I'd also rather be talking to interesting people with fresh ideas than relating to banal media-watchers whose opinions are dull and predictable because they were manufactured by them, as was their fear of being original or different.

But what choice do we have but to make do with what we have?

I think many Westerners have simply given up on thinking or talking about real things because their elites have been trying to hard to isolate them and shut them up for so long that it's now a popular reflex to say nothing and relate to no one.

Q, I have not been watching much television at all or even using the computer for many weeks now. It is good for me. I have a better day and am more productive. I get more accomplished in my own personal goals. I also visited what is considered an old person's retirement home, filled with older retired Mexicans on tiny incomes. The place is a wreck but they have such a fun time talking around the breakfast table. In a supermarket I went in to buy some recycled small wastebasket liners that biodegrade (the ones that are biodegradable are much cheaper here than the ones that are not biodegradable, to encourage people in buying that instead of the full plastic liners) and I was in need of a mop for my house, and I find an old lady saying to me in Spanish, looking at the shelf--Everything is so expensive! I need some milk for my coffee in the morning but it is 21 pesos...for a liter. So expensive.....I told her, "Which milk to you prefer? Most of you Yucatecans are drinking delactosed milk since none of you can digest it well. Have you thought about coconut milk instead?...we conversed and I wound up buying some items for her....she was so sweet and wanted to visit me at home. I am thinking of video recording a bunch of these older Yucatecans and asking them about their lives. Some kind of documentary of their lives. A way of having people understand the changes in the modern world and how it is going for many people. Yucatan and many people in the developing world have been bombarded with long shelf life food, Coca-Cola and soda pop and chips and salt and grease and bad food...extremely bad food for the tropics like white bread products, refined sugars, and corn syrup filled crap, salt and fat...especially pork lard. It has made short statured Mayan descent people sick. Diabetic, obese, with all kinds of kidney and digestive disorders, etc. If they went back to their ancestors' traditional diets they would be much healthier. But people find it hard to break the habit of being addicted to drinking a lot of Coca-Cola with their tacos Q. The reason? One young and smart Yucatecan woman told me--it has electrolytes and in this heat and humidity and working in the extreme heat here? The masons, construction workers and etc all love that stuff. It gives them instant sugar rushes and it makes them work harder, then they crash and sleep it off...it is addicting.

They do that on purpose. The Coca-Cola formula in Mexico is higher in sugars and it is also higher in electrolytes. I have never seen such loyalty to a beverage. It is awful because the fruits in this region are OUTSTANDING in quality. The oranges, grapefruit, limes, lemons, bitter orange, mandarin oranges, soursop, bananas, dragonfruit, hibiscus flower, tamarind, etc are SUPER FLAVORFUL. You can make great fruit drinks with stevia that is extremely affordable and it is way better for you and gives you a big boost of vitamin C. There is no need for that crap.

I am addicted to a green smoothie a lady sells on the corner that she makes in her blender using the whole thing and not throwing out the fiber. I drink one almost everyday. I have not gotten sick in months Q.

@blackjack21 who knows where the impeachment scene goes. I find all this hypocrisy and greed on the part of the RNC and the DNC just a signal of a declining empire. The PRC is making really strong moves in Mexico Blackjack. I see the presence of them everywhere, in products, services, investments. They also are quite comfortable in Mexico with the low wage labor. It means tremendous growth for them but they are very very calculating in terms of what they want to get accomplished in Latin America. It is very interesting. Also the Chinese have tremendous love of the small business stuff here....they love it deeply. I visited a Chinese community in Merida here and they are all saying how they love learning Spanish. Lol. It is funny. They mix tacos and Chinese food together everyday....they are traditional the Chinese and find the Mexican traditional culture very compatible with their own...though they say, "The Mexicans are happy though...they have sunnier natures and better weather many times. We like they are less worried about conformity too." Interesting observations.
jimjam wrote:Adam Schiff made the point that in 1994 Ukraine had nuclear weapons and the U.S. negotiated with them to give up these weapons with the provision the U.S. would always have their back (against Russia ostly...) What a goddamn bunch of stupid people these Trump Supporters...

Stupid in that context would be Ukrainian giving up their nuclear weapons. Who would believe that Bill Clinton would fight a war against Russia on behalf of Ukraine? Schiff used to rail against Obama for not providing military assistance to Ukraine. Yet, Trump has done exactly that, and Schiff is playing partisan games. Ukraine never should have listened to people like him. They lie constantly. With Nordstream 2 coming online, Russia doesn't even need Ukraine now.

Stormsmith wrote:I see it as an indictment of your educational system

Because they teach military strategy in Canadian grammar schools? :roll:

QatzelOk wrote:The nothingness of this impeachment has been masked by a commercial media that has more and more real world events to hide, so don't be surprised that they want Americans wasting all their energy on nothingness.

They spent years on the Mueller stuff, but it came to nothing. This impeachment was all about timing--intending to wound Trump before the 2020 election. Clearly, it has failed to achieve its mark. They even sent articles of impeachment that don't allege any statutorily defined crime. CBS drops its coverage and goes back to airing soap operas, because everyone knows the impeachment process was political from the outset to harm Trump's chances in 2020. Would the Democrats do something like that? Of course! Would they have help from establishment Republicans too? Of course! Why did so many people vote for Trump? Because they hate stuff like impeachment. They know they are being lied to.

Tainari88 wrote:I don't know why anyone even bothers with some of these commercial news sources anymore. It is completely filled with nonsense.

Many don't. Have you seen CNN's ratings lately?

QatzelOk wrote:While the USA has been provoking nuclear powers, spending money at bankruptcy speed, and staging coup d'etats a stone's throw from their border (uh oh), their news media is concerned with Impeachment, shut-downs, fibs and verbal mistakes of the president, and other trivial things.

Impeachment is an attempted coup d'etat of our own head of state.

Tainari88 wrote:Are they going to achieve kicking out that narcissistic fool of a president? I really don't know Q.

No. It's a failed coup and has been for awhile.

Tainari88 wrote:They should examine why he was able to take over in the first place?

Precisely--and even down to their petty rhetoric. White men are bad, illegal immigrants are good, and we should all be sensitive to the needs of transgender people is not going to win national elections in the United States.

Tainari88 wrote:It is a decaying place the American Empire has been at war for over 20 straight years and they don't care about regular people

That's why they like Trump. He attacks the people who attack them.

Tainari88 wrote:a total lack of intelligence.

That's discounting your enemy. Look at the profile of Trump's primary impeachment attackers: Schumer ("the intelligence community has six ways from Sunday of getting back at you"), Nadler and Schiff. They've pulled a lot of wicked stuff just as Feinstein did with the Kavanaugh hearings. They are evil people, but they are far from stupid.

late wrote:The Framers made it quite clear impeachment was about abuse of power, and the example they gave us is exactly what Trump did.

They made it clear it wasn't about maladministration. It was about Treason and Bribery and crimes of that nature.

Tainari88 wrote:Q, I have not been watching much television at all or even using the computer for many weeks now.

I cancelled DirectTV last month. I don't pay for newspapers either. If they want me to read their propaganda, I figure they should be paying me, not the other way around.

Tainari88 wrote:So expensive.....I told her, "Which milk to you prefer? Most of you Yucatecans are drinking delactosed milk since none of you can digest it well. Have you thought about coconut milk instead?

Lactose tolerance is primarily a European thing. That's why you don't see nearly as much of a dairy culture outside of Europe. Think about how many cheeses they have in France. How about in China? How about in Congo? Genetic differences are real and don't necessarily infer superiority or inferiority--just differences.

Tainari88 wrote:The Coca-Cola formula in Mexico is higher in sugars and it is also higher in electrolytes.

It's preferred in America too. I just bought a case of it from Costco for my house guests. I don't drink it, but a lot of Americans prefer the cane sugar over the American high fructose corn syrup blend that came in during the 1970s. I think incorporating a lot of the high fructose corn syrup is when Americans started getting so fat. Industrially, it's easy to work with because you can pipe it unlike granulated sugar.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

1) They spent years on the Mueller stuff, but it came to nothing.

2) Impeachment is an attempted coup d'etat of our own head of state.

3) They made it clear it wasn't about maladministration. It was about Treason and Bribery and crimes of that nature.

1) Lie.

2) Lie.

3) Lie.

You need better BS.
Tainari88 wrote:But people find it hard to break the habit of being addicted to drinking a lot of Coca-Cola with their tacos Q. The reason? One young and smart Yucatecan woman told me--it has electrolytes and in this heat and humidity and working in the extreme heat here? The masons, construction workers and etc all love that stuff. It gives them instant sugar rushes and it makes them work harder, then they crash and sleep it off...it is addicting.

They do that on purpose. The Coca-Cola formula in Mexico is higher in sugars and it is also higher in electrolytes. I have never seen such loyalty to a beverage. It is awful because the fruits in this region are OUTSTANDING in quality. The oranges, grapefruit, limes, lemons, bitter orange, mandarin oranges, soursop, bananas, dragonfruit, hibiscus flower, tamarind, etc are SUPER FLAVORFUL. You can make great fruit drinks with stevia that is extremely affordable and it is way better for you and gives you a big boost of vitamin C. There is no need for that crap.

This "love for unhealthy commercial food" is all over the Americas, and is a result of the Monroe Doctrine, and of commercial media. The USA gets to dominate all other economies (by force, coup d'etat, sanctions, trade dumping ... whatever works), and then its media normalizes a diet of almost-poisons that are cheap to produce and addictive.

In many countries in the Americas, great fruit and vegetables are inexpensive and available, but these foods cost money to refrigerate, and don't have nearly the profit margin of unhealthy crap.

If only we could impeach the USA diet.
Patrickov wrote:That doesn't explain why someone disagreeing with Trump or the Republican Party should be out of the United States, and particularly be put in Mexico, as suggested in post #15061311.

That could be because I was mot explaining such a suggestion. I was referring to something entirely different.
blackjack21 wrote:It's commonplace everywhere, because prosecution is a political power. The health of the system depends upon those in power prosecuting the wrongdoings of those out of power, and turnabout being fair play.

Utter nonsense, it's not commonplace everywhere. For starters, it's not common that the initiative for prosecution comes from the elected executive. Second, it's not common that it targets politicians from the opposition. Third, it's not common that it targets a politician who's in direct competition to the elected executive. If all that happens, all alarm bells should ring.

Needless to say, on top of all that, it's not common to force a foreign state to conduct the investigation and publicly announce it.
late wrote:1) Lie.

Mueller's report was a dud.

late wrote:2) Lie.

Schiff has inadvertently admitted that he doesn't trust voters to get rid of Trump. Since there are no statutory crimes alleged, it's essentially a coup attempt.

late wrote:3) Lie.

The constitution and the federalist papers are crystal clear on the question.

late wrote:You need better BS.

You'll see. Trump will be acquitted in the Senate.

Rugoz wrote:Utter nonsense, it's not commonplace everywhere. For starters, it's not common that the initiative for prosecution comes from the elected executive.

The president of the United States is the chief prosecutor. The US president has a lot of powers you may not realize. For example, not only can the president pardon crimes and commute sentences, but the president can also forgive debts owed to the United States. Elizabeth Warren brought up using that power to try to win voters saddled with college debt that the US government took over as part of ObamaCare.

How Obamacare blew up the student loan crisis
Sen. Elizabeth Warren wants to cancel student loan debt for 95% of debtors. Fellow 2020 hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders wants to cancel all of it. What they and every other statist and socialist eager to default on trillions owed to taxpayers forget that President Barack Obama nationalizing student loans brought us to this catastrophe in the first place.

Lost in the kerfuffle and fuming of the Affordable Care Act's passage in 2010 was the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act, signed into law just seven days after Obamacare. Half of the act consisted of small and otherwise innocuous amendments to the ill-fated Affordable Care Act, but the other half, Title II, radically overhauled the country's student loan industry, replacing federally backed bank loans with direct government lending.

That's how you bribe voters, but it's not illegal to bribe voters.

Rugoz wrote:Second, it's not common that it targets politicians from the opposition.

Yes, it most certainly is the case that an executive will look to prosecute his political adversaries--if he or she reasonably believes crimes have been committed.

Rugoz wrote:Third, it's not common that it targets a politician who's in direct competition to the elected executive.

It is common. For example, that's why Vice Presidential nominees get so thoroughly vetted, because opponents will attack and if they haven't properly vetted the VP candidate it can tank a presidential campaign.

Rugoz wrote:If all that happens, all alarm bells should ring.

Washington DC is pretty much in a perpetual state of alarm. So it goes without saying.

Rugoz wrote:Needless to say, on top of all that, it's not common to force a foreign state to conduct the investigation and publicly announce it.

If a crime was committed in another jurisdiction, it's common for the government in question to be involved.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

The constitution and the federalist papers are crystal clear on the question.

Yes, they are.

The example they gave as the model for an impeachable offense is precisely what Trump did.
late wrote:The example they gave as the model for an impeachable offense is precisely what Trump did.

With 234 years of operating under the same constitution, I'm pretty sure Congress would have created a statutory offense for for precisely what Trump did. Yet, they haven't. As it is, the Obama administration was trying to dig up dirt on Trump from Ukrainians, Russians, etc, and the Democrats pushed for an independent counsel to investigate the veracity of a phony dossier financed by Hillary Clinton soliciting "dirt" from foreign sources and nobody has been prosecuted--although, there is an criminal investigation going on now, finally. Criminal charges have to be statutory in nature--defined, the elements of the crime established, the severity of the offense specified and a punishment proscribed. You don't get to just make up a law after the fact. That violates the constitutional provision against ex post facto laws which they clearly prohibited in the constitution. That's why you are going to lose this impeachment battle, and probably some of the Democrats who have been party to this coup attempt will be getting prosecuted and sent to prison.
blackjack21 wrote:With 234 years of operating under the same constitution, I'm pretty sure Congress would have created a statutory offense for for precisely what Trump did. Yet, they haven't.

It's like a slow-motion nothing happening, isn't it.

This is the type of boring, meaningless event that America's elite wants you debating while they bankrupt you with wars, and destroy the earth's livability.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
With 234 years of operating under the same constitution, I'm pretty sure Congress would have created a statutory offense for for precisely what Trump did. Yet, they haven't.

To be blunt, no one dreamed we would get such a piece of shit for president, and an entire party incapable of doing their job.

There were laws passed after Watergate,but the Republicans would have to have some concern for the country.

It's blindingly obvious they don't. They are selling the country down the river, they can barely keep the lights turned on, and just about all they do is lie.
@blackjack21

Your responses do not address my point at all, like always.

It's not commonplace everywhere, in fact it's highly unusual, especially in combination. It has obviously never happened in my country and I doubt in yours. Your "it's legal" bullshit has been addressed here a 1000x already. Lots of countries, especially older ones, have unwritten constitutions, things politicians simply don't do because they respect the political traditions. The first thing autocrats do is dismantle those traditions.

Needless to say, if a democratic president did the same, you would be up in arms over it. There's no point in debating hypocrites.

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]

First two sentences: "The ICJ didn't say tha[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]